Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1441 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
13. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 21, 2018, 14:04 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on May 21, 2018, 12:54:
Most of Tencent's activities have the sole purpose of bringing games to the Chinese market. There is nothing to worry about (yet). Tencent enables the publishers to get access to the Chinese market and Tencent get a piece of the cake in return. There is no need for gloom & doom.

This is exactly what I think about this. They purchased a piece of the cake that they're selling to china.

They want to bring POE to china to make a fortune. It's good news for both companies.

POE is a great game.. It's my most played steam game by far.. This isn't worrying me and the Chinese release will divert some manpower but it will make the game stronger because Chinese gamers will most likely eat this up and then the content will follow.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2018, 18:26 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2018, 17:15:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 18, 2018, 16:59:
I'm canadian so..
Riddle me this; Why are there no school shootings in Canada?

There are but they are much much fewer.

Shootings in Canada

I think it's a few things that contribute to it, I've never really researched into it because I have better things to do but here's my SWAG opinion (Scientific Wild Ass Guess)

#1) Gun Control, I own a few rifles and shotguns. I had to do a course and get my PAL (Possession and Acquisition License) from our RCMP. Next, our guns are unrestricted and restricted. All hand guns are restricted and while it's easy for a criminal to get one, the average household has absolutely no use for a handgun because you'd have to drive between your house and a driving range only with it under lock and key. Since most school shootings are disgruntled teenagers, most parents who have disgruntled teenagers don't have weapons. Rifles are limited to 5 shots. Most of my rifles are world war 1 era with single shot and scopes. If you can't hit a deer/antelope/bear with 5 shots for a kill you are a terrible hunter.
Rifles are limited to 5 shots by a pin welded into the magazine of the weapons. I can own an AR15 with 5 shot clips and take out my PIN. Criminals can easily do this but again, comes down to licensing and acquisition and such. They have to steal the weapons to do this most of the time.
#2)Our population is much lower, so way less chance of it happening from crazies.. but even if you look at that the Percentage numbers don't jive.
#3) Mentality. There's a very big difference between canadians and americans. I find it weird the disconnect.. I have no real proof/articles/etc. But there seems to be a really weird mentality about disrespect and other things that escalate in the USA versus Canada. Shit heads live everywhere but I'm always shocked, especially after working in the shittiest bars in my youth how different people are in the USA about simple things like spilling someones drink.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2018, 16:59 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2018, 13:32:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 18, 2018, 13:09:
Sante Fe shooting is absolutely sickening...

USA, currently on week 19 of the year with 22 mass shootings this year.

MURICA!!! GUNS FOR EVERYONE! THE RIGHT TO HAVE ACCESS TO GUNS TO KILL CHILDREN!

Sometimes I wonder the craziness of following a thing that was written ~230 years ago?

I wonder what gun will be used on this one... bump stock? Semi-auto with 30 round clips? Hand gun with 18 round magazine?

Has your Prezident or congressperson sent prayers and wishes yet.

I'm canadian so.. I'm sure one of those people will thought and prayer the evil away.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2018, 13:09 Tipsy McStagger

Sante Fe shooting is absolutely sickening...

USA, currently on week 19 of the year with 22 mass shootings this year.

MURICA!!! GUNS FOR EVERYONE! THE RIGHT TO HAVE ACCESS TO GUNS TO KILL CHILDREN!

Sometimes I wonder the craziness of following a thing that was written ~230 years ago?

I wonder what gun will be used on this one... bump stock? Semi-auto with 30 round clips? Hand gun with 18 round magazine?

News Comments > PlanetSide Turns 15
3. Re: PlanetSide Turns 15 May 18, 2018, 12:38 Tipsy McStagger

I played 1000's of hours of planetside 1 and 2.. loved them both.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II DLC This Month
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II DLC This Month May 17, 2018, 17:44 Tipsy McStagger

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2018, 12:41:
I won't buy these Warhammer games unless they finally release complete editions. It's just nickel & dime with those games.

Why? the hours per content of these packs rivals some triple A titles.

Just filter through obvious stupid things like BLOOD GOD dlc which does more gore and the content packs are crazy good.

Base game is great, then when you did it all, add a content pack and it gets way different and something new.

News Comments > Black Ops IIII Announced
16. Re: Black Ops IIII Announcement May 17, 2018, 17:41 Tipsy McStagger

What the fuuuck.

Ok so I haven't played a CoD game since MW2..

Did this game just show like 100 gimmicks?
-Deployable Barriers
-Thermal Goggles
-Magnetic Grenade Pickups
-Grappling Hook
-Riot Shield
-Rocket Launcher
-Helicopter
-Trip mines
-Ground Pounder?!?!
-Fire Jar of Conflagration?
-Sensors Fired from Guns
-Detonable trip mines
-Throwing Axe
-Bouncy MARV Grenade
-Medical heal gun

Like what the fuck.. it's almost like a monty python skit of trying to out do everyone... LETS DO EVERYTHING!

DangerDog wrote on May 17, 2018, 18:00:
You were expecting a semi-realistic first person military shooter?

No, obviously not as that isn't actually fun. It's more the comedy of everything. It's like a Saints Row FPS....

This comment was edited on May 17, 2018, 18:15.

News Comments > Boss Key Closed
29. Re: Boss Key Closed May 15, 2018, 02:00 Tipsy McStagger

|RaptoR| wrote on May 14, 2018, 23:45:
warmbluelasers wrote on May 14, 2018, 22:56:
RedEye9 wrote on May 14, 2018, 21:17:
Says one "mean" thing 20 years ago and apologizes for the remark. Still gets crucified by "gamers". shrug

Same thing as John Romero. He spoke purely from his ego and the PC Elite really can't stand hubris paired with mediocre products.

CliffyB brought us the Unreal series, and for older gamers Jazz Jackrabbit. The guy didn't push mediocre shit. Unreal is one of my favorite games of all time.

The Gears of War games that he had influence over are very good titles, and to say otherwise is just to be a blind master race tool. You might not agree with his decision to abandon the platform, but his words aren't without merit -- DRM free games are the extreme exception nowadays and despite repeatedly bleating about DRM being the devil and to boycott companies that use it, Steam and other digital platforms have taken over.

And for those of you that mourn the single player experience? The decline there is also partly due to piracy (and is why always-on DRM is here to stay).

You can hate him all the same, but his resume stands as one of the strongest in the industry. Even Lawbreakers was a decent game, just not good enough to compete with Overwatch and a changing landscape of what the majority of gamers want.

This is a good post.. but CliffyB can be summed up by:

THIS SIMPSONS QUOTE

Dude just got old and got so out of touch... it happens to us all.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2018, 17:45 Tipsy McStagger

That fucking couple that got their toddlers out in the safari park needs to get punched in the face multiple times.. Shit if one of those kids got attacked by the Cheetah my day would have been completely ruined.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
4. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 11:03 Tipsy McStagger

RAGE could be my top worst ending video game.. I thought it absolutely sucked but the game play was fun... I just remember saying "What the fuck.. is that it?" at the end of the game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2018, 11:35 Tipsy McStagger

New GPUs are still a long ways off? So is my system upgrade apparently...  

News Comments > Anthem in March 2019
12. Re: Anthem in March 2019 May 9, 2018, 15:43 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on May 9, 2018, 14:16:
Extra time wouldn't fix ME:A necessarily, it had fundamental design problems. Would've certainly smoothed out the launch day woes though.

I didn't mind Mass effect: Andromeda.. It had it's glaring issues and was quite worse than ME:1,2 and 3.

A multiplayer MMO like destiny/The Division set in the mass effect universe could be absolutely awesome though

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2018, 14:06 Tipsy McStagger

WalterEgo could go drinking at bars/nightclub where I live.. Alberta Legal drinking age is 18.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 8, 2018, 11:45 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on May 8, 2018, 10:46:
Yeah, just as important as "The Cloud" was a few years ago. Everyone and their dog just had to be in on "The Cloud". So when AI doesn't pan out over the next couple of years they'll all be moving along onto the next trend. Same with all the blockchain bullshit.

AI does not equal Cloud Storage

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2018, 15:36 Tipsy McStagger

GabaJohnson wrote on May 7, 2018, 14:29:
YourNick wrote on May 7, 2018, 12:47:
Why not go 200+ deg FOV like some other HMDs have.

Form factor - "hammerhead" is bulky and heavy.
Optics - they struggle with perfecting the current 90-110 deg of this gen headsets.
Perception - It is not settled how wide a FOV is needed. 140 could be plenty to give the "I'm there" effect.

YourNick wrote on May 7, 2018, 14:44:
It would wrap around, like these https://www.starbreeze.com/virtual-reality/ not like a hammerhead shark.
There's also https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pimax-8k-vr-headset-offers-impressive-200-degree-f/1100-6453906/

Why not just straight up cover the eye's entire FOV, then work on upping the res with every version. Someday HMDs will be as small as eye patches, just big enough to cover each eye.

BTW the Pimax 8K is a misnomer, 2x4K is only around 16MP, 4x4K is around 33MP or 8K.

I think the major driver is hitting the consumer sweet spot. Just because they CAN doesn't mean that people can afford to....

Like, they want to target the fastest double GPU systems for 5% of the consumer base or do they want to target the 20% customer base?

Personally, with the RIFT I don't mind the "Bulky goggles" effect.. your body just thinks its wearing a form of goggles much Akin to old ski/racing goggles. Being able to see some things in your peripherals would be a nice to have but how much FOV do people actually use depends on the person I think.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2018, 14:00 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on May 3, 2018, 11:47:
Xil wrote on May 3, 2018, 11:32:
that Floppotron is great

People who do stuff like that always amaze me. They must have the patience of a saint - and a hell of a lot of free time - to do something like that. Beyond the physical assembly of it all do they use a program of some sort to decode the song which sends the requisite 1s and 0s to each component to play its part, or do they do that themselves - as in coding it all from scratch?

Some people just find serenity and fulfillment in things that I would never find it in.

If you click on his page, you'll see a video of the guy. I think you have to be an ultra nerd to do this kind of thing and I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover but this guy fits the stereotypical perception.

News Comments > Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches
6. Re: Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches May 3, 2018, 13:47 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2018, 12:45:
"Utomik." Rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

Is it "You-TOMIK" or "Uhht-omik?"?? Probably the latter like Atomic but couldn't get past copyrights for that... so instead of coming up with something else other than stupid "HUUUuurrr ATOMIC!!!" they made a stupid spelling of it.

News Comments > PUBG Suspends Trades
3. Re: PUBG Suspends Trades May 3, 2018, 10:31 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2018, 09:59:
Does anyone remember a time when gaming was just gaming.
No stupid hats, skins, achievements or trading.

Get Off My Lawn!

I don't see anything really wrong with cosmetic things in video games if done directly. What I see wrong is gambling and bait practices for children and teenagers as well as half finished games and DLC "fixes" to be a full release.

A game that has done it perfectly is Path Of Exile. Free to Play, Full cosmetic store and free expansions and tons of new content.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2018, 10:24 Tipsy McStagger

Flat-earth convention....

Proof you can make money off anything because people are dumb.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
14. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 15:27 Tipsy McStagger

Flatline wrote on May 2, 2018, 15:05:
Darks wrote on May 2, 2018, 13:29:
You clearly haven't played the game. The monetization going on in the game was very minimal. Everything in the game was achievable by just playing the game and leveling up getting the same items anyone could buy with real money if they wanted to.

People like you kill me with your over stating the obvious when it suits your cause. Try lying a little more, and maybe we might believe you.

And the monetary system in the game had nothing to do with the games faults. that would be the lack of things to do and end game issues and the lack of a proper grouping system for people to do raids and Nightfall's.

Like I said, you clearly haven't played the game.

There's three issues I can see with Destiny 2.

1. A lot of the subsystems are designed around the Eververse and a constant attrition of items you earn or buy. Shader library limitations, shaders now being consumable, limits on ships and sparrows, etc... Destiny 1, from what I could see, had *tons* of collectibles for your character to grind to get and use and show off. Now a lot of that is locked behind a consumable mindset to direct you towards the Eververse. Supposedly that is changing.

2. The first DLC sucked. Like. Seriously. Sucked. It was tiny and not fun and the Infinite Forest was walled off behind missions. In the weeks after it dropped I saw a huge exodus of players.

3. Bungie has a problem communicating with the community. It's so bad it's hard to understand WTF is going on. They're trying to work on it but I can't see why the first 6 months was a "fuck those assholes" kind of attitude towards the community.

There are other issues, end game raid content was bizarre and not much fun, but with steadily increasing content that would have been minimized. The big 3- the obvious system design around Eververse, the anemic first DLC out of the gate, and the lack of communication seems really to be what killed the game off.

Here's hoping that the Warmind expansion on the 8th actually has some content.

You also missed that D2 had half the amount of things to do than D1 with pretty much exactly the same engine/graphics/enemies/game play.

You're correct that the money store isn't really that bad, I didn't get the outrage behind it. Things like player storage for shaders/upgrades/mods was supremely stupid. I should be able to carry all armor upgrades/mods without having to delete them... Collecting +5 kinetic mod for my main weapon was hard enough to get without having to delete armor mods and such to make room for it.

1441 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo