Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1697 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2019, 11:13 Tipsy McStagger

Not this shit again.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Play Conan Games Free This Weekend
1. Re: Play Conan Games Free This Weekend Sep 19, 2019, 16:43 Tipsy McStagger

So for conan exiles, can you play this alone with no friends? Is there a match making game or is it basically rust and everyone is going to screw you?  

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List
21. Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 19, 2019, 15:07 Tipsy McStagger

How is Dark Souls and Blood Borne above Demon Souls which spawned that genre? Demon souls should be above those two and Witcher 3 I could argue as #2 or #1. Minecraft definitely deserves to be up there @ #1 or #2 because of it's impact on the industry.

Portal should be above Portal 2 as it was the first of it's kind and amazing.

This is a fucking shit list made by some idiot for clicks.

Edit:

The sims/deus ex/The last of us/WoW are all out of the top 10? jesus what a shit list.

News Comments > A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced
4. Re: A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced Sep 19, 2019, 13:11 Tipsy McStagger

Warhammer 3 you fucking fucks!  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous September Update
10. Re: Elite Dangerous September Update Sep 18, 2019, 22:45 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 20:04:
Yep. That's actually my number one wishlist item: At least one additional commander slot, ideally with a legacy system in place so you could share stuff like exploration, engineering and trade data between the toons. For example, I'd like having a guy in the bubble and a guy exploring in deep space for gameplay variation.

At the moment my CMDR dude is kinda "stuck" in deep space ~20K ly from home cuz I can't really bring up the time and energy for the loooooong ass ride home. Even the new exploration system has gotten old and boring pretty fast so I have all but quit playing the game.
If I had a second character in populated space I would play the game more often. Being stuck with a single guy in the ass crack of nowhere is unfun and I'm not going to suicide to respawn since I must have hundreds of millions of credits in exploration data stored up on my CMDR. One day... one day I'll make the trek home *sigh*.

Some guys buy another copy and run two accounts to do two different play styles.

It's 16$ Canadian right now which is basically nothing so maybe an idea

News Comments > Disco Elysium
2. Re: Disco Elysium Sep 18, 2019, 22:22 Tipsy McStagger

Never heard of it but it does look good  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous September Update
2. Re: Elite Dangerous September Update Sep 18, 2019, 13:51 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 13:33:
I tried hard to figure out how to use the planetary system scanner, even watching youtube vids. Never quite grokked it. Hope there's a tutorial for that.

It's pretty easy overall but I think your issue is key bindings.

You scroll the bottom frequencies for the range you want after you honk (so like middle for earthlike planets for example) then you rotate your screen around the orbital paths till the arrows come up. Arrows will only come up for +-20% of your frequency and then you change frequencies until you get it. Once you click ont he white dot it will either discover the planet or zoom in to another level (this happens because there's multiple stellar bodies in the same zoom level as before).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2019, 15:19 Tipsy McStagger

Blue wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 12:17:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 11:59:
So how was her name pronounced? Cook-ie? Because it should just have been coke-ie. Who the fuck names their kid cokie?

It is pronounced coke-ie. The origins of the nickname are in the article.

Roberts, born Mary Martha Corinne Morrison Claiborne Boggs, said she got the name "Cokie" from her older brother, who couldn't pronounce Corinne and dubbed her Cokie instead. The name stuck with her ever since.

I kind of wish she had gone by Mary Martha Corinne Morrison Claiborne Boggs Roberts. It's got a ring to it.

I read this article then wanted to comment on the name Cokie and how to actually pronounce it.. but i see you have it covered and Blue even said exactly what I thought when I read her full name.. That's one hell of a long name and her parents couldn't decide on a name so they picked all of them...

News Comments > Discord Blowing Up Nitro Games Program
1. Re: Discord Blowing Up Nitro Games Program Sep 13, 2019, 10:39 Tipsy McStagger

Woohoo.. another store down!

News Comments > GreedFall Released
1. Re: GreedFall Released Sep 10, 2019, 15:26 Tipsy McStagger

I'm interested in this game.. Going to see how it goes.  

News Comments > Borderland 3 Reviews
24. Re: Borderland 3 Reviews Sep 9, 2019, 17:45 Tipsy McStagger

This game is getting hyped to fuck.. I see actual TV commercials for it and usually thats a bad sign for any video game.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2019, 15:42 Tipsy McStagger

Simon Says wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 11:56:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 10:44:
I hope they sentence that aircraft mechanic to life in prison with no parole.

This is definitely one of those times you send a very strong message.

Someone hasn't read the article... again!

He put a foam so a non-critical sensor would stay stuck and report an error during flight checklist so the plane would not depart so that the employees grievances would be heard by the employers deaf ears.

No one was ever in danger.

Put no one in danger = LIFETIME SENTENCE!

Typical unhinged fanaticism.

At worst he should lose his job, at best the employers should listen to the employees grievances. Anything else outside these parameters is pure fanatic folly.

I hope cooler and saner heads will prevail in that particular case.

Oh I read it, they updated it slightly after I read it (check time stamps) "Updated 4 hours ago".

Anyways, relying on operator intervention is not a suitable safeguard justification of sabotage.

Let's say the pilots made a mistake on their checklist that day, and they were relying on their instruments to fly and they didn't notice that their instruments were sabotaged. Just because someone DIDN'T get hurt doesn't mean it's not extremely dangerous.

So fuck this guy.. it's the equivalent of myself rigging the control system of a refinery to overfill a tank and relying on the operator to notice. People could get seriously hurt and this guy did this on purpose.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Blight Released
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2019, 15:28 Tipsy McStagger

LiTh wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 13:56:
Verno wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 10:36:
The correct URL is this one and he posted the update early because hes out the rest of the day.

Is this the patch with the graphical revamp? I keep trying to enjoy POE but can't, something with the animations and graphics just feels really off and unsatisfying. I know a lot of people like it and I'm in the minority here but I really feel like the visuals aren't doing the rest of the game justice.

Depending on the skill and how much cast/attack speed one pumps into his character things sometimes will feel off. As you level up things should start to feel good. Around level 65 you'll be close in feel to where your character will feel level 90 (100 max). One can level into the 60's in a few days of gameplay at most so its not such a huge grind.

My advise would be to pick a build that looks good on youtube and the forums (thats current!) and go off of that. Nowadays i never even use builds as i feel as if i have an equivalent of a PhD in the game mechanics. Only game to ever scratch that d2 itch i had as a teenager oh so long ago.

Whats your starting build for new leagues? I haven't played in a few years.. Ground slam marauder was a big thing back then so.. yeah

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2019, 10:44 Tipsy McStagger

I hope they sentence that aircraft mechanic to life in prison with no parole.

This is definitely one of those times you send a very strong message.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC
42. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 23:04 Tipsy McStagger

How most projects go is you have a bunch of disciplines and then department heads with lackeys workers underneath.

Once the deliverables are done, people get laid off because well, there's no work for them OR they get moved to another project.

Typically you don't have 1 of these guys working on a group of assets, you usually have 6 of them working on one section. There's certain times where you're basically pregnant with one worker. I've used this a few times in my career to describe a deliverable. Some tasks require 1 guy to focus solely on it and you can't throw multiple people on it to make it faster. It takes 1 woman 9 months to make a baby, you can't take 9 women to make a baby in 1 month as I like I say. This happens quite often in certain fields more than others.

What they're most likely doing is "keeping guys busy" by starting work on a multiplayer. Does this take away from maybe a day 30 DLC? maybe and maybe not, it depends how much man-power loading they've assigned to the tasks. New DLC won't be as labor intensive as initial generation as most assets have been created. Example is a modeling team will generate a bunch of models and assets and have some saved ideas that didn't make it past the cut at first, this will take the bulk of the hours. Later those assets can be revisited for extra content. So they will split the team of 6 and accomplish double the work in the same time using all 6 guys instead of axing 3 guys from team of 6 and only churning out a DLC package.

This is all speculation and assumption but you guys get pretty bent out of shape at the announcement that some multiplayer is going to come in.

I'll just say this: Mass effect 3 was a single player game that they added multiplayer to and it was the best damn thing that game had going. It was really really good.

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
128. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 4, 2019, 13:57 Tipsy McStagger

Bhruic wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 20:03:
This is a really sad situation. It's the result of what I would consider a true Kobayashi Maru - a true no-win scenario. It's easy to jump to knee-jerk reactions that seem like they will solve the problem. Cutter for example, suggests that we don't publish the names of accused unless they've been found guilty in a court of law. On the surface, maybe that makes sense. But you then have to balance it with the fact that one accusation often gives strength and comfort to other people who have been abused, and allows them to come forward and share their story. Not being allowed to accuse someone publicly makes it much harder for police to do their jobs and track down evidence. So the simple solution becomes much more complex. How do you balance someone's right to not be falsely accused against the right to find more victims?

In the same vein, rape allegations are an almost impossible no-win scenario. In the vast majority of cases, there is no evidence that can determine if sex was consensual or forced. Leaving things to the courts means that the majority of rapists go unpunished. As someone who believes in justice, and wants the guilty to be held accountable, that's something I find really bothering. But at the same time, I know for a fact that if we simply accept all rape claims as true, there will be people who weaponize that against people they don't like. That is equally unacceptable. But there really are no better solutions. So we end up stuck in this grey area where most people don't bother going to the police, because it's ineffective, but those people who talk about their alleged rapist publicly get attacked for possibly making the whole thing up.

At the end of the day, I'm just sad that someone lost a brother, or a friend, or whoever he was to the people in his life. He may or may not have been an abuser, but he was still a person, and shouldn't have felt like this was his only option.

Don't you bring your sound logic and reasoning to this knee jerk reaction thread!

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC
8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 13:12 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 12:55:
Yeah it's a waste of time and resources that can be better spent on the main game. If they want to make a Cyberpunk BR or something afterward be my guest. The Witcher 3 was just fine without MP.

Nice assumption, sounds to me that they aren't taking anything away from Single player as it's after release and they're recruiting people now for it.

Xero wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 12:46:
F*******k a half arse multiplayer just to appease to those that feel they need multiplayer in everything.

Don't sacrifice quality to appease the peons.

I'm totally down with a rock solid, awesome single player game. AKA, THE WITCHER 3.

Again, sounds like they aren't taking anything away from the single player as they are recruiting for it now.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update
5. Re: Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update Sep 3, 2019, 18:12 Tipsy McStagger

Can anyone explain how this game works? I could watch some video but I'd love to hear someones experiences on it.

Right now I'm playing Kenshi and loving it.. this seems like it could be weirdly similar in some ways?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears
1. Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Aug 30, 2019, 23:31 Tipsy McStagger

What a cluster fuck... Destiny 2 was a milk run and about a 1/5th the content of Destiny 1 in release and now these assholes quit Activision (which is good) so everyone has to move their shit manually? Like why do I have to re-sign up for this?  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 12:39 Tipsy McStagger

Fuck.. was hoping they would rebalance the greenskins  

1697 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo