Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 577 (Apprentice)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2016, 15:38 Tipsy McStagger

Electric cars are not more efficient than gasoline!!!

USAs power grid is already taxed, burn more coal to get more power for your electric cars.. rolling blackouts for everyone in the USA soon.. but hey, they'll at least have cool electric cars that are out of power.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Preorder Bonus
1. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Preorder Bonus Jul 21, 2016, 21:33 Tipsy McStagger

so preorder to play a single civilization that we should just release at the release date but we'll make you super special snow flakes and keep it from other players for 3 months!

The world of fucking video games these days... what fucking business models they have.

News Comments > Shattered Skies Launches
1. Re: Shattered Skies Launches Jul 21, 2016, 21:30 Tipsy McStagger

so what makes this different than any other open world dayz type game?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 17:14 Tipsy McStagger

Seems like the case is going to be built around movement of money between banks without disclosing what the purpose of the money was for.

As well as tax evasion due to income from ad revenue.

Interesting to see how this will play out in court.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jul 20, 2016, 15:19 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 22:23:
Yea, no kidding. Fuck Roberts, the fucker has time to build an app to secure the game but the motherfucker cant get the goddamn game released yet. Fucking lame ass motherfucker!!

I'm thinking the game will never get out of alpha. I'm still hoping we get a good single player game but I fear that it'll never come.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jul 20, 2016, 11:53 Tipsy McStagger

Mechwarrior game controls and way it plays is crazy fun.

I've been playing it for a few weeks every 4-6 months just for that reason.

Unfortunately, they never made a single player of it which really sucks because it could have been amazing.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 19, 2016, 18:04 Tipsy McStagger

Suppa7 wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 16:03:

*stupid fucking philosophy babble about how everyone is getting fucked by copyright shit that I was not talking about*

#1, I'm not American so I really don't give a shit what the USA constitution says.
#2, Piracy is also the art of people not getting paid for their work. By your logic, should the company I work for steal my hard work for their benefit without paying me it would be perfectly alright.

Never mentioned anything about copyrighting in my previous post so thanks for your rant about how you try to feel better about your actions and sleep at night.

Or in the words of Bioshock "Is a man not entitled to the sweat off his brow?"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Marketing NIChe Jul 19, 2016, 14:43 Tipsy McStagger

WaltC wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 12:23:
The Apple fad is winding down, once again...;) It's almost like clockwork...! As soon as competition arises Apple falls by the wayside, as first it sues its competitors and then when that fails Apple is simply unable to compete--so it moves on and tries to invent another fad market it can own until competition comes into play--and then rinse and repeat. That is Apple's history. Apple is so bad at competing it could not even compete successfully with Apple clone makers, even when the deck was substantially stacked in Apple's favor! Apple could not compete when Jobs was at the helm and he was the only one there with the slightest imagination--Jobs wouldn't permit anyone else to work for the company (lest he be outshone in some way.) Cook has the product imagination of an accountant...;)

I wake up each morning refreshed in the knowledge that since Apple's origin I have never owned an Apple product--although on a couple of occasions I tried unsuccessfully to talk myself into buying one...;) Yep, I've never been duped by the con-artists at Apple, and I have never had occasion to regret it. Oh happy day...;)

I don't buy apple products for myself. I've purchased ipads and ipods for the wifey (ipods being like 10 years ago).

Recently, for her birthday I looked at buying her a new iphone because hers was an i5 with 16 gigs on it and she constantly had issues with storage. So I'm like.. ok around 700$ is what is going to cost in my mind for a new i6s since Galaxy phones are around 700$ and thats the price to compete.

Was I ever wrong... Its 1300$ for a 128 gig i6s. For what?!?!?!? Same stats, annoying/intrusive software for back ups? the 64 gig one was like 300$ less and the 16 gig was 200$ less than that.. HOW ARE PEOPLE BUYING THESE FUCKING THINGS WHEN STORAGE IS 500$ FOR 128GIGs?

So my galaxy s5 has a 128gig card in it for 40$...

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 19, 2016, 14:36 Tipsy McStagger

You should feel bad if you Pirated Witcher 3.. one of the few games that deserves your hard earned money.

I really like the Carrot philosophy they have. Make the game so appealing that you feel like you SHOULD buy it for how good it is.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 19, 2016, 14:33 Tipsy McStagger

No one commented on this?

This game was way ahead of its time and really cool.

I do remember being annoyed with looking around in the game but i see the enhanced version allows you to mouse look.

I think I'll try to play this and system shock 2 again shortly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 10:51 Tipsy McStagger

That "Drawing one million dots" is extremely impressive how good it looks after its done but it also makes me wonder who is crazy enough to draw like that.....

News Comments > DOOM Adds Vulkan Support
34. Re: DOOM Adds Vulkan Support Jul 14, 2016, 17:49 Tipsy McStagger

Razumen wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 11:13:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 02:51:
I went ahead and bought DOOM while it was on sale. The demo didn't impress me but I decided to give the game another chance. It's really a mediocre shooter. All I want is shoot but I'm constantly hindered by the gore kill mechanic where the enemies are dazed instead of just dying. Furthermore the chainsaw is absolutely ATROCIOUS in this game. I cannot believe they were able to fuck this up so badly. What's wrong with the original chainsaw from Doom? I will never understand this.
I'm happy that it has Vulkan support but I'd be much happier if more games would include it.

Oh yes,the ol' being "forced" to glory kill dazed enemies argument, never gets old lol.

BTW the chainsaw is great in this game, it's much more useful than it ever was before. Taking down Barons of Hell with it is hella fun.

I quite liked the new chainsaw as well.

I didn't mind the "Forced" glory kill stun... I would usually just shoot them till they died since it would put me out of position if I glory killed. What I actually found annoying is they regenerate their health if you don't kill them in that stunned state.

My beef with the game was the lack of stand out sound effects.. guns don't have any distinguishable sounds or the monsters either.

I also found the "boss" fights pretty cheesy but it still was fun.

Something else that kind of bugged me was the circular battle arenas in every area.. it was definitely an obvious design philosophy of the game.

The last one that rubbed me wrong was Pinky demons going from cannon fodder in classic doom to being probably the hardest monster in Doom 4. When you're running and gunning around those rings, the pinky is the only one that can catch you for damage.

News Comments > NECROPOLIS Released
1. Re: NECROPOLIS Released Jul 12, 2016, 22:29 Tipsy McStagger

Who had this Harebrained idea? I expected more out of this developer.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2016, 17:19 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 16:41:
Holy shit, all this new about Pokemon Go is crazy. Nintendo's value increased 6 billion dollars in 2 days. Are you fucking kidding me?

I posted last week that nintendo is going to make a fortune off this (not on this site).

my friend was showing me everything about it early last week and I said "Nintendo has done it again!"

This is the new Candy Crush man.. it's a great execution of a game too.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 11, 2016, 15:50 Tipsy McStagger

Also, I'm still waiting for a decent deal (like 25% off) for Total War: Warhammer.

Since I just beat doom i'll probably pay full price for it soon and then get that sale in like 2 weeks which makes me go "Dammit"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 11, 2016, 15:44 Tipsy McStagger

christheshitter wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 19:15:
This is why the new Doom sucks monkey balls and i agree with him although i wouldn't call it a bad game but a bad Doom game

https://youtu.be/WkJMYRz8RMQ

Ok, Having watched it.

I'll agree with these:

#1: His voice sounds like professor Frink and is very annoying.
#2: I found the sound effects in do4m lacking...nothing had any punch, no distinguishable screams from revenants or hell barons, cacodemons.. or the weapons didn't sound that great.

What I firmly disagreed on:
-Music was dubstep.. I found the music to be metal as fuck.. this coming from a guy who listens to norweigan black metal to finnish melodic metal.

I really enjoyed doom 4. I thought it was crazy awesome and really captured a modern feel of doom 1&2.

Doom 1 & 2 were pretty much 2d games, you couldn't mouse look in the originals and the monsters were designed accordingly to that.

This game has lots of movement compared to doom 1&2.
Everything jumps around and chases you. Good amount of thrown/dodge-able projectiles which makes it very much a good mix of why doom 1&2 were awesome.

It plays extremely fast, every major fight area had a circle of chase to run and gun. Which you quickly noticed was part of their level design. I found that I was noticing these areas right away but it didn't rob from the feel of the game.

I played almost the entire game with the double barrel shotgun & plasma gun on ultra-violence. I like the in your face feel of blasting demon heads off.

Other than the above sound effects beef.. here's what I thought kinda sucked:
Cyberdemon fight - thought it was cheesy to make him a "boss".

Pinkies - Just didn't like their new charge mechanic and how they went from being one of the easiest monsters in doom 1 & 2 alone and assholes in packs to being just a straight up hard monster in doom 4.. probably the one responsible for the most damage in doom 4.

News Comments > Evolve Going Free
2. Re: Evolve Going Free Jul 6, 2016, 23:42 Tipsy McStagger

lol... another big fuck you to the people who purchased the game based on the hype train...

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
19. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 18:20 Tipsy McStagger

Slashman wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 17:58:
Yeah I have been hesitant to say it but it is very likely the best RPG ever made!

The Bloody Baron alone is a triple A Story line.
Skellige's giant storyline and king election could be a game on it's own.
Heart of Stone is probably the best story I've ever seen in any video game.
Haven't played BLood & wine but its vampires (i hate vampire stories) and i'm sure it'll still be amazing.

I don't get how people can say there's better games because this one has some of the best written plots and stories out of many games but in a single game.

18. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 18:09 Tipsy McStagger

Phasenoise wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 17:16:
I've grown fond of Geralt's attitude towards everything.

My favorite line must be "You don't need a hero. You need a professional."

You would also develop quite the arrogant sarcasm if you slayed monsters and watched the poor being taken advantage of for a 100 years and maybe killed 1000's of humans. The interesting part is Geralt does stick up for the little man but also wants to get paid adequately for the risk involved, so its sort of a double edged sword of taking advantage of the poor but worth the risk..

12. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 14:44 Tipsy McStagger

sauron wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 12:52:
Might even be the best RPG ever made. It's certainly up there. is

Fixed it for you.

577 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo