Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 885 (Graduate)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
29. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 17:57 Tipsy McStagger

COME YOU LEMMINGS!!!! Grouphug

COME SPEND MONEY ON THE GLORIOUS STEAM SALE!!!! ON GAMES YOU'LL NEVER PLAY BUT YOU GOT FOR A GREAT DEAL!!!! Deal

THAT GAME IS 80% OFF! BUT YOU MIGHT PLAY IT, ONE DAY! PURCHASE IT.. CLICK CLICK CLICK PURCHASE!!! Ahoy

Worship BOW DOWN TO YOUR GLORIOUS VALVE GODS!!! Worship

Disappointed CLICK HERE FOR A MOMENT OF CLARITY IN YOUR LIFE, BEHOLD YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT! Disappointed

Edit: I have 189 games with 111 never played...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jun 22, 2017, 15:39 Tipsy McStagger

Da fuq is christ centered gamer?  

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
1. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 10:06 Tipsy McStagger

Sounds like a really stupid design decision based off feel of the controller...

Seriously?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 21, 2017, 17:11 Tipsy McStagger

Smartest set up I've ever seen was a guy in california when Bitcoin first came out, he set up one of these mining farms at a business lease that provided electricity included in the lease payment.

He ran for a couple months, made a couple hundred thousand and then the land lord kicked him out after getting a massive electricity bill.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 16:06 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 15:34:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 11:12:
Good!

Fire those idiots who are directing Han Solo and hire the guys who did Rogue One.

Miller and Lord are pretty amazing directors: 21 & 22 Jump Street, Lego Movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. That haven't done a bad movie yet. It's a shame they're gone, but it is what it is. I just hope the next director will inject the levity and fun that those two guys would have.

Good directors for comedic, droll and silly movies. Not good directors for a serious drama with some humor..

They are entirely wrong for the job. There's sly humor in Han Solo, not JarJar Binks humor..

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 11:12 Tipsy McStagger

Good!

Fire those idiots who are directing Han Solo and hire the guys who did Rogue One.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 21, 2017, 11:01 Tipsy McStagger

5000$ per month yet needs what? 4-5 months to pay off the systems? 2-3 months to pay the power bill during that time frame?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
39. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 14:50 Tipsy McStagger

saluk wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 14:08:
I have to come out against the "the reviews should only review the game" crowd. There are very few ways customers can register feedback to a company in a way that can be heard - swamping them with bad reviews on steam is one of the only ways I can think of to send such a message. Moreover, if a portion of your enjoyment from the game had to do with the tools that were allowed to be used with it, and those tools were then disabled, it is actually reviewing the game. I would give skyrim that does not support mods a much worse review than the game that allows me to customize it and make it appeal to me in personalized ways.

It is logical, as games-as-a-service begins to infect even single player titles like GTAV, that fluctuations in service quality are going to piss people off and result in this kind of behavior.

Ultimately of course, the poor reviews are mostly symbolic. Take Two is going to weigh the loss in revenue from poor recent reviews with the gain in revenue projected from the improvements in the online community, even if there was some collateral damage. They will come down on the side of what makes the most money. Which will probably be to leave things as they stand.

This is how I view this as well, I sort of understand the argument of "The reviews should only review the game" but this IS the game.. it was part of the game basically.

Example:
You purchased a smart phone.. it allowed apps to be installed but you never did, others did though. 2 years in they remove the ability to put apps on it. Why wouldn't that have an impact on the reviews of the phone? It didn't actually change how the base phone worked and you, without apps, can leave a nice good review but everyone else who is now fucked over can definitely review the phone as complete shit. It lost the functionality that actually might have made them buy the phone in the first place.

This analogy above doesn't really work if the developers never mentioned mod support.. If they didn't, well it's not exactly a feature to base marketing off. I'm too lazy to do my research on it

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
14. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 17:14 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 15:57:
Diablo 2 Remastered - only $69.99 for a limited time! Get your exclusive copy and your cow in-game pet by preordering right now. Players who own an active WoW account can also claim a super-exclusive cow companion for the low activation fee of only $19.99 when linking accounts. It does not get better than this. Become a member of the exclusive Blizzard club today and create your B.net account to preorder EVERYTHING we have on offer!

The earlier you pre-order the better the exclusive ingame items you get!

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 16, 2017, 11:11 Tipsy McStagger

It's funny, it's quite harmless too.. If you fell for it you'd feel like an idiot at first and then if you weren't a complete psychopath you would have a laugh.

You people need to really look at yourselves and think why are you so mad?

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
2. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 11:05 Tipsy McStagger

I see Blizzard/Activision is analyzing the hollywood business model of just re-hash the same movie/game for double the profit!

Why create new IP's when you can just clone another for the same profit!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 14, 2017, 22:59 Tipsy McStagger

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 22:34:
Hard to believe that we used to have an economy which would sustain such labor...

it's all been outsourced to the lowest economy.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
12. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 15:38 Tipsy McStagger

Is now the time to try elite?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2017, 11:01 Tipsy McStagger

That SpaceX is amazing..

I'd also like to know how they track those rockets with a camera from the ground.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2017, 11:06 Tipsy McStagger

All these announcements just make me realize more and more that I don't have any time to finish the games I want to play.

I'm not even doing stupid shit like trying to get all achievements either..

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2017, 02:32 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 20:16:
Sounds like they had serious management problems over there at Bioware Montreal. The scope change away from procedural generation was a necessary evil but I don't think they handled it very well.

Don't have time to read that article right now but I'll tell you this.

Project management is extremely important. you get the wrong manager and the whole thing goes off the rails.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 7, 2017, 15:36 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 11:52:
If only this had been a SP RPG or even just a clone of Mount and Blade.... soooooooooooooooooooooooo much potential wasted

They can just use the coding and make that later for double the income.. duh!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2017, 14:36 Tipsy McStagger

It would be scary if it wasn't daddy long legs..

News Comments > EVERSPACE Launches
32. Re: EVERSPACE Launches Jun 2, 2017, 15:08 Tipsy McStagger

NetHead wrote on May 27, 2017, 19:45:
Agent-Zero wrote on May 26, 2017, 21:26:
i guess chromatic aberration is the new bloom

I've been muttering that to myself for ages. Every studio that, for some time now, slathers it all over the screen are doing nothing but make themselves seem amateurish. Like a low budget movie which paid for one special effect so used it constantly everywhere.

It's embarrassing, though far more annoying than the bloom phase some went through. The bloom craze sucked but chromatic aberration has the effect of making eyes feel like they're unfocused accelerating eyestrain while being annoying as hell.

If you notice the chromatic aberration you're doing it wrong.

I've only seen one game use it cleverly, for the streaks on weapon attacks. Other than things like that it has to be really subtly used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99eUqeT-_4Y

I'm going to check some of my games later but why do they do this? it looks terrible now that it's been pointed out. is it a cheap way of obscuring too sharp edges?

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jun 2, 2017, 15:01 Tipsy McStagger

Currently there's some balance issues. LRMs are like cheating.. get a scout with sensor lock and two LRM15 boats and you can just salvage exploit knockdown all these mechs. PPCs are horribly useless and lasers are just there.

Hence why this beta is happening, to fix the problems.

885 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo