Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1721 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2019, 10:48 Tipsy McStagger

Ugh, I was hoping they would have the 21XX series release date by now. I'd like the next generation please.. been holding off on upgrading this 980Ti for a while, it's the only thing on my system that is the bottleneck.
I was hoping since it was first generation RTX release that they would have rushed it out the door and improved upon it for a quick 1 year turn around on the next series.

i9-9900K, 32 Gigs for ram clocked at 3400, Samsung Evo Pro 1Tb M2, Gigabyte Gaming Pro Z390 and an old first release 980Ti.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 12:15 Tipsy McStagger

Mobile site is much better for me. The left side panel is a little huge but it fits in line with modern websites it feels.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 5, 2019, 13:04 Tipsy McStagger

"The woman who tracks 450 'dark' instagram accounts" is a pretty daunting task without much thanks and lots of depression.

Good read of the day, she's trying.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

1. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 10:47 Tipsy McStagger

Waiting for some hot steam action next month.  

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

14. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 14:11 Tipsy McStagger

Luke wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:15:
What a wimp , wahhhhhhhh

You know, while i find it funny I'd like to see your reaction if your career just up and told you you're not welcome and your livelihood was instantly stopped. Crying in this case, seems like a very natural reaction on how badly he messed up.

He's eating crow now.

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

5. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 12:44 Tipsy McStagger

LOL!!!!

That's what we call in the engineering world a CLM. Career Limiting Move.

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2019, 17:40 Tipsy McStagger

Training AI to play war games.. seems like a good skynet start.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

1. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Oct 29, 2019, 11:09 Tipsy McStagger

It's almost 2020.. This game is still be funded?!?  

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

5. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 11:09 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 10:56:
I wonder what the reason was to sell on Steam.
The fat man had to offer them a sweet sweet deal for them to come back. Probably correcting everything that caused them to leave in the first place and then some. lol

We'll never know most likely. Could be that Steam has just so many users that they want the exposure at the cost.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 27, 2019, 02:06 Tipsy McStagger

I watch lots of shows on 130% speed on VLC media player. I was hoping netflix would do this.  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Reviews

8. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 13:33 Tipsy McStagger

Came here to see people feeling hte same way, let it sit and get patched for a little bit.

Speaking of RPGS, anyone played Disco Elysium yet? Seems like an RPG i might enjoy.

News Comments > PlanetSide 3 Plans Confirmed

11. Re: PlanetSide 3 Plans Confirmed Oct 21, 2019, 15:34 Tipsy McStagger

Fion wrote on Oct 21, 2019, 13:38:
Planetside 2 was microtransactioned-out-the-ass and while fun, those people who spent a hundred bucks or more to 'advance faster' started to very easily kick the shit out of everyone else. It was absolutely P2W, though you could get all those advantages without spending $$$, just very... very... slowly.

This is completely wrong. I spent almost no money on the game and unlocked the weapons normally. There are no P2W weapons unlike planetside 1 with their alien artillery expansion, there are some weapons which are better than others for certain situations but you just needed to grind for them. Betelgeuse, lasher, lancer for VS is what I remember off the top of my head.

What made PS2 awesome was getting into coordinated squads and do drop beacons and galaxy hot drops to take over and hold areas. Alerts were awesome as well.

Overall, PS2 was wicked and much better than PS1.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2019, 17:38 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 14:29:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 13:21:

Is it so hard to believe there's people looking to get paid so they'll do research on a viewpoint and skew it enough to get more grants?

Why should we believe this when you've provided no evidence that research is being systematically doctored or that these "grants" are somehow contingent on what the results of said research are?

Got me there, mostly because I don't feel like doing the investigative journalism on the subject but there's also further proof on the start of this topic:
Meet the money behind the climate denial movement Derrrrp.

As for the rest of you, read what I wrote. My beef is with the climate change term. It's a terrible term.

Is the climate changing? Yes.
Are humans 100% to blame? Not fully proven but they think so
Is there actually a huge issue that humans can do something about? no one can answer that. It might be completely inevitable.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2019, 13:21 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 12:26:
Tipsy McDumbass wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 11:55:

What you need to understand is this:
Climate Change is a very generic word to try and push products/ideas/grants/funding etc. If you're a researcher you'll make the papers to try and support any of your viewpoints because you want more grants from those foundations. It's just assholes pushing their products again.

Imagine actually believing this shit.

"Those climate scientists can't be trusted, but you can trust this fossil fuel CEO and his clean clean clean coal!"

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I've said none of that.

What I have said is "Climate Change" is an all encompassing term which cannot be refuted since it's so broad and almost meaningless.

Is it so hard to believe there's people looking to get paid so they'll do research on a viewpoint and skew it enough to get more grants? There's been entire research groups dedicated to Anti-Vax profiteering. Climate Change is no different. There's dickheads on both sides.

Didn't realize we have a bunch of Greta Thunbergs in here not able to sleep at night because we've robbed them of their future.

P.S.: You're writing this from your polyester clothes, while eating or drinking from a farmed product (hint, you only eat because diesel.. the world would starve without it), you're writing on a machine made entirely out of oil products, you're building and heat you're in is because of oil. Try not to be so angry at oil.. it's done magic for you in your life time.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2019, 11:55 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 11:08:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 10:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 10:37:
Only a Billion a year is spent on denying climate change. Furious2

"Climate Change". What kind of fucking term is that?

Looks like when you spend that much dough it's easy to sway people. Confused
Luckily for the rest of us there is this thing called science. Wink
https://xkcd.com/1732/

You linked a comic.

at least you could link the ANTPAS research on permafrost in the arctic for historical data.

What you need to understand is this:
Climate Change is a very generic word to try and push products/ideas/grants/funding etc. If you're a researcher you'll make the papers to try and support any of your viewpoints because you want more grants from those foundations. It's just assholes pushing their products again.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2019, 10:54 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 10:37:
Only a Billion a year is spent on denying climate change. Furious2

"Climate Change". What kind of fucking term is that?

It used to be called "Global Warming" but of course that wasn't broad enough to try and get people on board with new science of world temperature. Climate tracking in +95% of the world has only been around 150 years which is a very very small sample size. England started mid 1600's but nothing was agreed upon in scales until around ~1720.

Is the temperature rising? Sure. Are people 100% responsible? Could be.. could not be. This could be part of natural cycles. I hate this fucking term of "Climate Change". The climate is ALWAYS changing.

News Comments > EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN Storms Out

1. Re: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN Storms Out Oct 15, 2019, 10:26 Tipsy McStagger

Didn't EDF5 just come out like 2 months ago?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 11, 2019, 14:58 Tipsy McStagger

Negative Latency! LOL!!! What a clickbait buzzword.

Fuck off.

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests

44. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 22:07 Tipsy McStagger

This is about money, it's plain and simple to see. Blizzard makes lots of money in China and in order to operate in China have to be able to straddle the line of what their views are. Currently, some Hearthstone champions viewpoints are not worth the billions they would lose if China suspended their operations.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month

13. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month Oct 4, 2019, 13:05 Tipsy McStagger

Ok now.. what about RDR1?!?!? I never played it because it was console exclusive and my friends rant about that game.  

1721 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >