Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1626 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 11:01 Tipsy McStagger

That article about quitting coffee is pure garbage. 2 weeks? BIG DEAL!

I quit caffeine cold turkey 10 years ago and it had a dramatic effect on my sleep habits and all around wakefulness throughout the day. Sleep better, need less sleep, don't crash throughout the day.

But.. I had to go through 4 weeks of migraines by quitting it cold turkey (I don't get migraines).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2019, 15:21 Tipsy McStagger

The show is awful...

It was the most ridiculous portrayal of suicide. It did entirely romanticize it. All these fucking idiots probably going "OMG SHES SO STRONG AND PROGRESSIVE"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2019, 17:30 Tipsy McStagger

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 08:25:
Wow too many people have money to throw away on games, $1000 for a VR setup is ridiculous.

If you're a pleb...

1000$ isn't much to someone who makes 500k a year..

but to that 30k a year it's a ridiculous idea.. it's all relative to what you got to spend.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 14, 2019, 16:19 Tipsy McStagger

Fuck, right in the feels department...

Kids doing the only thing he can to try and save his dad...

News Comments > EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam
2. Re: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam Jul 11, 2019, 12:06 Tipsy McStagger

Probably going to buy this really quickly just for some stupid fun run and gun.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway
16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway Jul 9, 2019, 16:30 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 12:15:
They can also go fuck themselves and their spyfucking "wishlist". I haven't used that spyware shit in years.

Using the wishlist is 100% retarded cuz:
Ucrazy

Well that's about enough Bluenews for today.....

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers
16. Re: Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers Jul 9, 2019, 16:26 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 14:14:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 10:34:
What's your issues with it? the social media platform can be disabled to have all adds/etc turned off.
I'll admit the possibility I am not fully informed, but my impression was you can only turn off some of Microsoft's monitoring. If I understand correctly, they did recently fix the forced updates and reboots -- which frankly was just about a complete no-go for me. Those can now at least be forced into a delay, allowing you to update at a time of your own choosing as long as you don't wait too long. But overall, turning their OS into a customer information collection tool is highly objectionable to me. Additionally, hasn't there been talk recently of them adding advertisements to platform?

While I am certainly tracked by other companies, I'm tracked by fewer than most people simply because I don't use so many of the other things which do tracking. I don't use apps on my phone other than basic texting and occasionally the browser (I don't even connect via Wi-fi). I've never logged on Facebook or its various predecessors. I use VPN software on my PC. I'm not paranoid or anything, but I do try to keep my profile low so voluntarily using an OS designed to track me, isn't a low bar to surpass.

So I don't install many things on my phone either and I use multiple email address or mailinator to squash tracking and such as well.

When you installed windows 10, local account, put pretty much everything to off and then afterwards you can also regedit you way to other things being off. Personally, I love windows 10 as much as I loved the jump to windows 98.

Read a few windows 10 privacy articles (there's tons now) you'll get an idea.

News Comments > NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers
2. Re: NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers Jul 9, 2019, 11:27 Tipsy McStagger

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 11:20:
NO THANK YOU, I will be using the vastly superior AMD cards from now that AMD has completely crushed Nvidia's performance.

Is this a joke?

14. Re: Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers Jul 9, 2019, 10:34 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 09:00:
Yeah.. the biggest hold up is it means deciding what to do instead of Win7. Burrito has me considering going with Linux and while I am tempted to believe him on the relative ease of doing that in the current environment, I am less convinced on the compatibility for the gaming side of things. I suspect eventually I'll wimp out and settle for Win10, but I'm pretty sure that is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth...

What's your issues with it? the social media platform can be disabled to have all adds/etc turned off.

7. Re: Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers Jul 8, 2019, 18:05 Tipsy McStagger

Turd Ferguson wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 15:06:
My biggest gripe is that FDevs constantly take back seat, ppl just flown to the end of the galaxy to find nothing but dirt. There were no lore bread crumbs, no answers to any of the lore questions, bah, there was no participation from the devs at any levels whatsoever.

Hats off to the DW2 organizers, they did an amazing job making this journey happen.

They really need better in-game community planning.. they are trying right now somewhat but my god they suck at it.

News Comments > EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 Lands on PCs This Week
2. Re: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 Lands on PCs This Week Jul 8, 2019, 12:53 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 12:31:
EDF! EDF! EDF!

They killed the rookie!

EDF! EDF! EDF!

1. Re: Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers Jul 8, 2019, 11:47 Tipsy McStagger

This game can sometimes be a slog of boredom but man do they ever get me to go back every few months.  

News Comments > Starbase Video
2. Re: Starbase Video Jul 4, 2019, 22:14 Tipsy McStagger

Game looks like it has potential but also looks like it could have tedious mechanics like lacking a repair all feature to not have to go and spend 30 minutes cleaning up after a 30 second battle.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2019, 17:29 Tipsy McStagger

Second,

I wonder how much they've spent to recover that piece of the engine and why it's worth so much?

I mean, thats years of searching and coordination for a failure that resulted in zero loss of life.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2019, 17:24 Tipsy McStagger

I picked up a mad magazine dumps on trump recently for the guys at work to talk about. It's amazing how good the original artwork is in it..

Making fun of hillary/trump/clinton/bush.. it's so damn good.

Here it is

Anyways, I don't give a shit about left/right this, I just thought the entire thing was funny.

News Comments > Independence Day Tech Bits
1. Re: Independence Day Tech Bits Jul 4, 2019, 17:17 Tipsy McStagger

so as a XX nm layman, how much does 12nm to 7nm actually going to make a difference in performance? We talking like HOLY SHIT difference or just hey take our 5% performance and fuck your wallet with it.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jul 3, 2019, 15:25 Tipsy McStagger

If someone describes a game as "Metroidvania" I know right around what style of game it is..

Which is a sign of a good description.

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Next Month
1. Re: Hunt: Showdown Next Month Jul 3, 2019, 11:46 Tipsy McStagger

wait.. this shitty game was in early access?

Is this just a way of them trying to sell more copies of their shit game by claiming it was early access?

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup
21. Re: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup Jul 2, 2019, 15:19 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 14:34:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 10:47:
I've been holding onto my 980 Ti as my systems bottleneck for a couple years now.. Debating just doing a 2070S for now and then upgrading to the next 2180 or whatever it'll be called on release.
Sounds like a good plan. The 2070 will easily hold you over for a couple of years.

So I'm running an i9-9900k, 32 gigs of DDR4-3200 ram, 1TB Samsung Pro and a 980 Ti card. Right now I'm playing on an old Sharp 70" TV so obviously I don't need much of a card better than a 980 Ti.. the issue lies in the fact that my First Gen Rift is old and crappy and my 980 Ti isn't great for that as well. I want to upgrade to a new age VR shortly with a new GPU but was waiting to see what was in store with VR with the next releases (Valve Index, Rift S, Etc etc). This in turn lags behind of what NVIDIA is going to release right around the time those were released.. Which is where we're at now.

Not sure if I want to even buy the new VR headsets right this moment and a card anymore but that Valve Index and the RIFT S look promising.. still need to see more reviews of them.

News Comments > Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds
8. Re: Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds Jul 2, 2019, 12:23 Tipsy McStagger

Don't even know what Shenmue is actually.. But either way this is a shit thing to pull on your backers.  

1626 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo