Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MindStalker3

Real Name MindStalker3   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 26, 2012, 16:18
Total Comments 153 (Novice)
User ID 57655

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Boulder Dash - 30th Anniversary
9. Re: Boulder Dash - 30th Anniversary Sep 15, 2016, 07:43 MindStalker3

This reminds me of Bomberman, it was such a better game. I used to play LAN parties of PC Bomberman, so much fun.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 4, 2016, 18:54 MindStalker3

A lot of corporate workstations are still running Windows 7 and won't likely be looking to upgrade to 10 any time soon. I wonder if this will force the market to update or will we simply see motherboard manufacturers who buck this trend and create drivers for these chipsets anyways.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
16. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 12, 2016, 23:38 MindStalker3

Straylight wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 18:20:
So if I'm understanding this correctly to play the game "first" I must:

Own an Xbox one, Pre-order a special version, and belong to the EA Access club.

No, Origin has the game with the same release date of October 18th for PC. The video does imply that though. Is possible the beta test may be xbox only, but I've never heard of a xbox beta, I'm not sure Microsoft would allow it.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Lead Developer Leaves
3. Re: Kerbal Space Program Lead Developer Leaves Jun 1, 2016, 09:50 MindStalker3

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 08:50:
Doesn't the company behind KSP practically use slave labor? If so, guy should be throwing a very small party.

A bit of an exaggeration. They pay more than what a marketing company is Mexico would pay. They don't pay what a software developer would pay given the profit they are making. They also have a lot of volunteer help from the community.

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
5. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 13:52 MindStalker3

Pigeon wrote on May 18, 2016, 12:42:
Got this free on PSN+ it was enjoyable, but I think I'll wait till its finished and on sale before I pick anymore of the series up. Never cared for the whole episodic game model.

Jagacademy wrote on May 18, 2016, 11:39:
I tried to play through some of the early ones for nostalgia, before realizing just how absurd they were. Things you had to do to proceed made no sense whatsoever. *Pour dirt onto side of building, mix with fork, open portal*.

Are the new ones logical and make sense?

Well the series is supposed to be humorous so solutions to the puzzles are often solved by thinking outside the box, but nothing struck me as overtly obscure like the ones in the original text parser games.

I want a new Police Quest. While the solutions were sometimes strange they always made logical sense.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 24, 2016, 14:17 MindStalker3

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2016, 13:47:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 24, 2016, 13:36:
1:27 and on, that's why the robots will murder us in our sleep.

Yeah, I can't help but think these robot abuse videos are going to haunt us once they take over...

I don't see why, these robots will be as similar to later robots are we are to single celled organism. I don't get too upset when you abuse amoeba.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
31. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 16, 2015, 10:32 MindStalker3

bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 21:16:

EDIT: Looks like someone is onto it already, but it's far from commercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnGIz9kkd_E

Kinda crappy but good that they are trying. I wonder if you could combine a climbing treadmill, http://www.hammacher.com/Product/12219
with a some type of technically that actually adjust the handholds as it rotates, and an augmented reality system that actually knows where the handholds are so they aren't just "floating" there.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
6. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 10:25 MindStalker3

As a climber I'm kinda offended that this doesn't seem to use your feet at all. Feet are arguably more important than hands in climbing. I know it would be very difficult to make a good foot interface though. I could picture this game actually being interesting if it had real challenging routes in which you use your feet and hands. Climbing is puzzle solving, and there are nearly infinite combinations possible. Such a game could actually be a decent trainer for new situations.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 15:02 MindStalker3

No fair, Taylor Swift said she would be exclusive with only me. Now shes biting into the Apple. Huzzy.  

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Free Trial
7. Re: Minecraft Realms Free Trial Dec 14, 2015, 15:01 MindStalker3

NetHead wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 12:00:

You mentioned a trial? A FREE trial?

As opposed to what exactly?

It's just one of those days I guess where marketing goes full retard.

To be fair, there are plenty of "$1 trial, full price if you don't cancel in 30 days." This is a true trial and doesn't automatically bill you once your 30 days are up.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2015, 13:07 MindStalker3

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 12:16:
beigemore wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:51:
Kind of strange considering the original Xbox and the Xbone both use x86 compatible CPUs.

Got to be careful there, while there are similarities to PC's the fact is the console developers code a lot closer to the hardware. It gives better performance but it leaves little room for error. Even minor changes in the hardware or OS between two generations could break compatibility. I remember on the N64 a few games would react badly to the presence of accessories released after the games were developed, and that was on the same platform. It's incredibly easy to break shit like that.

Yep, also apparently the original had a very custom GPU that all their games were coded against. While it had a form of DirectX I believe it was custom compiled into each game. That said, if they have the sourcecode it shouldn't be hard to recompile to the newer systems and release as a downloadable patch.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches
5. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 10:39 MindStalker3

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 10:16:
MindStalker3 wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 09:26:
Co-op? Awesome.

Any news if they will backport this to Wings of Liberty and Swarm?

The co-op mode is NOT through the primary campaign. It's a different set of maps. Still excited about it, but don't confuse what the feature is.

Either way, is it just Protoss co-op, or did they include one for every race? Any news about more co-op maps in the future is what I'm asking I guess.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches
1. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 09:26 MindStalker3

Co-op? Awesome.

Any news if they will backport this to Wings of Liberty and Swarm?

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
23. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 5, 2015, 10:02 MindStalker3

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:21:
Well, if they are going to decide to sell these HD/remastered remakes, then they'll make bank. Classy move would be for previous owners to get them for free, but I doubt Activision is down with that.

Honestly, so few people likely have proof of ownership to the classic titles anymore it wouldn't cost them much. It would be a support nightmare though.

News Comments > Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users
8. Re: Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users Oct 18, 2015, 07:45 MindStalker3

Yeah I've inquired and complete pack is only past games. It's pretty impressive that they are giving them future games as well. From my understanding that's a deal previously only given to employees and vip.  

News Comments > Steam in Stores
10. Re: Steam in Stores Oct 5, 2015, 15:47 MindStalker3

Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 15:43:
Oh, I have a question... well two.

1. Would this officially make Steam a platform?
2. If Steam is a legit platform (if we are to go by what people consider a platform) then wouldn't Steam be the largest dedicated gaming platform?

Last I checked they have over 125 million active accounts worldwide. That would technically make them the largest consoles ever.

Not all of their games work on their console yet. I'd say Steam was a retail outlet. A growing part of that outlet is the new SteamOS platform. Saying Steam is a platform is like saying Microsoft Live is a platform.

News Comments > Steam in Stores
7. Re: Steam in Stores Oct 5, 2015, 15:36 MindStalker3

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 15:09:
So Steam took PC gaming from retail to online, and now PC gaming is going back to retail?

Mostly this is to highlight their hardware. It makes sense to get the hardware on display as demo units in physical store shelves so people can try it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 31, 2015, 15:15 MindStalker3

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:15:
God forbid people don't check Twitter or Instagram for a few hours while flying.

Personally I just use it to stream music. Really nice as you can now use it from boarding until landing. But I've never seen a charge above $12, I would never pay $40 or whatever, at that point I'd just preload my music.

News Comments > Deadpool Game Returns
4. Re: Deadpool Game Returns Jul 16, 2015, 10:57 MindStalker3

So is this essentially a port of their year+ old console game? Or something different?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 11:44 MindStalker3

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:18:
That other Sony article is even worse.. the headline does not agree with the actual content ;p

"The biggest downside to PlayStation Now is that it's just so darn expensive"

So how does it turn a Smart TV into a fun gaming system?

Well it sounds like the software is well made and runs well. The expensive part doesn't really make it "not fun".

$30 a month doesn't sound horrible, though from what I hear your subscription selection is much smaller than your rental selection.

153 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo