Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MoonSpook

Real Name MoonSpook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 11, 2012, 08:52
Total Comments 125 (Novice)
User ID 57640

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 12, 2016, 06:40 MoonSpook

I've been hyped about this for months, but then realised that the day it comes out I have to visit my in-laws a few hundred miles away for five days, so I'm gonna be gritting my teeth..

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 04:10:
Since everybody seems to be jumping around in pure excitement because of the announcement that Steam will soon preload this game...

From the perspective of a PC gamer: has anybody actually seen footage of the PC version being played by mouse (not a stupid controller), and if yes, please point me to the source.

Because if this hyped-to-heaven console port looks like a simple console port and plays best with a controller I'll PASS.

I'll grant you I haven't seen it played with M+KB, but given the game is made by the same team as it's predecessor, and that game's PC controls were just fine, I don't think we haven't anything to worry about.

If I have any concerns, it's that they might bungle the performance on launch like they did with Human Revolution. The stuttering in that took them a fair few weeks to fix. Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 06:16:
So they already know the size of all the extra DLC that they are going to produce??? Or is it the preorder DLC or what?

Probably, yes. I'm sure at least a chunk of the DLC is already made or at least quite far along. Handwave a little worst-case estimation, and boom, there's your figure.

I did note that Green Man Gaming have two of the weapon DLCs up on their store already. Hadn't seen them announced anywhere else. No price or anything, just "coming soon." I've no care for them myself, I only want actual gameplay, but heyho.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2016, 06:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Announced
14. Re: is already in your Steam library Jul 1, 2016, 03:59 MoonSpook

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 14:07:
I had 2 on Games for Windows, which was the only way to have it. I think I bought it boxed, maybe? Maybe I did have it Steam but it needed Games for Windows? Or I got a free code somewhere? I'll need to see if I have it on Steam. The others I had for the 360.

Good news - they converted the retail keys to Steam keys and excised GfWL. Try activating it on Steam, I believe it should work.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Announced
3. Re: BioShock: The Collection Announced Jun 30, 2016, 11:16 MoonSpook

It's not noted here (unless I fail at reading comprehension), but these are all also free if you own the games on Steam (end of third paragraph) - so might be worth picking them up during the Summer Sale if you're interested.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2016, 05:16 MoonSpook

He could be referring to this:

Hanzo's Huge Arrows

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 8, 2016, 05:12 MoonSpook

Maybe I'm being blind, but I'm not seeing where to buy games on that Kalypso link?  

News Comments > Nekro Game a Necro Game?
6. Re: Nekro Game a Necro Game? Apr 14, 2016, 10:06 MoonSpook

For anyone interested, the other dev has been replying in this thread, though he mostly says/repeats "I'll make a statement, but not yet, waiting on getting more info."  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Freebies and More
8. Re: Dawn of War II Freebies and More Feb 22, 2016, 10:16 MoonSpook

ItBurn wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 09:43:
Download link doesn't work for me. I guess I missed it.

Mm, no, the site looks different than it did when I looked this morning. There were separate links for each prize "package" that you clicked - there was no "Download Now" button, which is new and, as you can see from hovering over it, appears to go to a Google search string. Seems they're rejigging the site maybe? They've had a lot of demand..

News Comments > Hitman GO: Definitive Edition Next Week
7. Re: Hitman GO: Definitive Edition Next Week Feb 16, 2016, 03:49 MoonSpook

I loved Hitman: GO on Android. It looks great in it's own art style, and the gameplay, although not too difficult for the most part, does make you think. Lasted me a fair few hours, too, and the only microtransaction it had (after ponying up for the game itself) was being able to unlock hints.

The only thing that made me despair was all the reviews on the Play Store exclaiming how it was terrible because it wasn't like the mainstream Hitman games...

As for it coming to Steam, it's a different market so I don't know how well it'll do, but I'm glad it's going to be there. Plus, it may mean Lara Croft: GO comes to Steam too, which is also a great little game.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Goat Simulator Heist DLC Tomorrow
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 Goat Simulator Heist DLC Tomorrow Jan 13, 2016, 09:59 MoonSpook

WHY IS EVERYBODY SHOUTING  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India Released
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India Released Jan 13, 2016, 04:37 MoonSpook

Are these spinoffs any good? I've not heard much about them.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
6. Re: Diablo III Patched Jan 13, 2016, 04:34 MoonSpook

nin wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 23:26:
This looks like yet another fantastic patch of content. I have the habit of waiting until a patch comes out, playing so much I burn myself out (3-4 weeks, playing every day) and then not coming back until the next patch, but damn if this video doesn't make me salivate.

Can we just get a final Yes/No on another expansion???? Please Blizz?

I'm similar. I went nuts on it recently (or as nuts as I can when I'm looking after a 2-year-old), then played some other random game and simply didn't go back to it. Have done that a few times since it was released.

Also was very surprised they didn't announce an expansion at Blizzcon last October. Felt like the right time for it, but nope, just info about a patch. Very curious.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero Nov 18, 2015, 05:39 MoonSpook

One of the Blizzard chaps on Twitter did say that there's a "ChoGall" chat channel you can /join with folk willing to group up for it, if that's any help, too.  

News Comments > WoW 11th Anniversary
6. Re: WoW 11th Anniversary Nov 17, 2015, 03:49 MoonSpook

deqer wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 02:15:
I dunno about you guys, but the Celebration Package appears to be perm? I used it once, and it's ended, and I still have it. So, basically, it's 10% extra XP forever.

If you follow the link, the item does say that it requires WoW's 11th Anniversary - in other words, it'll disappear from your inventory after the event ends (in just under a fortnight). Take advantage for your alts while you can

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
7. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 10:19 MoonSpook

Keilun wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 10:15:
The title says Fall, but the actual linked article and email says Spring.

That's a long way out.

Australia's Spring is the Northern Hemisphere's Fall/Autumn, as Blue's description says.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2015, 10:11 MoonSpook

Wasn't so lucky in the UK ten years ago :/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33407554

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2015, 11:12 MoonSpook

Back when I was a younger (and single) man, I set aside an entire Sunday to watch all three extended editions of the movies. Started at something like 8am and went straight through all three until the late evening (with appropriate bathroom and food prep breaks, ofc). No regrets!  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 18, 2015, 03:57 MoonSpook

Amazon.com had their Summer Digital Games Sale a week or two ago. It was similarly underwhelming.  

News Comments > New Hearthstone Heroes Coming
3. Re: New Hearthstone Heroes Coming Jun 5, 2015, 05:16 MoonSpook

I hear you about Deck Slots. For the life of me I can't work out why they don't add them. The only time they've spoken to it before they said they feared it would make it too complicated to track them all.. like there aren't already people forced to use spreadsheets or external websites to keep track of their decks because the in-game option isn't there!  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launch Event
13. Re: Nothing original coming out of Blizzard anymore Jun 1, 2015, 04:16 MoonSpook

descender wrote on May 30, 2015, 09:04:
Blizzard used to be leaders, now they are followers.

Blizzard has never once been a "leader". Ever. All of their most popular franchises were developed on the backs of the genre defining games before them. Warcraft/Starcraft are essentially C&C ripoffs, WoW is a ripoff of every MMO before it... is Diablo their only truly original IP?

The culture hasn't really changed, they have been riding the coattails of D2 for 2 decades.

EDIT: +1 Slick for the Madeon mashup, I love that video

The first Warcraft game came out nearly a year before the first C&C game, it's sequel a few months after C&C's release.

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
29. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 26, 2015, 12:30 MoonSpook

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 11:36:
MoonSpook wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 05:37:
I have to say, I get a little sick of GoG constantly tugging their own todger anytime Steam news bubbles up. Both in their news/blog and on their Twitter, anytime there's even the slightest bit of commentary on Steam and/or their DRM, they pop up and announce how amazing they think they are in comparison.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not even saying they're wrong, but it sets the bar pretty low for professionalism when they try to dance on top of every bit of criticism Steam takes.

They're a small company with strong principles that is trying to play with the big fish. They need every little bit of PR they can get. This sort of competition is ultimately better for you the consumer. Not trying to be a dick here but no one makes you read their press releases, keep it in perspective

Yeah, you're right, I could stop following their Twitter feed (though I'd miss out on the free games then ) etc, and I don't begrudge them doing their best to be noticed and/or different from other digital game platforms. It just feels like they're always playing the same fiddle over and over.

I'm not sure they're so small either btw, backed as they are by CD Projekt. They must have grown a bunch thanks to The Witcher games and GoG's own success. Obviously compared to Steam they're tiddly, but so are most companies

125 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo