Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MoonSpook

Real Name MoonSpook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 11, 2012, 08:52
Total Comments 145 (Novice)
User ID 57640

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Outlast Deluxe Edition for Free
8. Re: Outlast Deluxe Edition for Free Sep 22, 2017, 07:31 MoonSpook

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 02:13:
What 'key' is everyone talking about? I didn't get a Steam key, it was just added to my Humble library.

Maybe they changed it? But mine came with a DRM-free download and a Steam key too. On your download page it's hidden under a line of text that reads something like "Click here for your Steam keys."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black May 26, 2017, 05:14 MoonSpook

Cutter wrote on May 25, 2017, 23:33:
...and the fucking Ewoks.
Crikey, I missed Georgieboy adding THAT scene in

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Turning Two
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 26, 2017, 05:11 MoonSpook

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 26, 2017, 01:06:
I played this quite a bit for a few months over a year ago. I'm kind of afraid to go back to it now, because with all the changes, I'll probably be a complete noob again. Hell, even if there hadn't been changes, I've forgotten enough by now to be completely useless most likely.

I logged in again just last night because of entering the competition they have going to win a gfx card (you have to give them your Battle.Net email and play one game of HotS). I hadn't played in about a year and a half, and I only played then to get some goodies for other Blizzard games.

I was nervous about it and even considered redoing the tutorial to reacclimatise, but instead said "Sod it," and jumped into a quick match with a hero I'd never played before. Turns out it allll comes flooding back pretty quickly. In terms of actual gameplay, not a lot has changed, so I'd advise just jumping in and trying it. As noted below, you can switch off chat etc if you're concerned you'll garner ire from your teammates, but it went well for me in the one game I played.

3. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2017, 09:52 MoonSpook

Pigeon wrote on May 19, 2017, 08:43:
MoonSpook wrote on May 19, 2017, 06:28:
Are they called "bounce houses" in the US (I'm assuming US here)?

It's probably the most common thing they're called along with bouncy castles. Moonwalk was common when I was a little kid, but I've not heard them called that for a long long time.

Ah, ok. In the UK I've never heard them called anything but "bouncy castle," and didn't know if it was a standard phrase most popular in the US, a bit like the US affection for "jello," and not "jelly." (and while I'm at it, "jelly," and not "jam" )

1. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2017, 06:28 MoonSpook

Are they called "bounce houses" in the US (I'm assuming US here)?  

News Comments > PC VANQUISH This Month
4. Re: PC VANQUISH This Month May 11, 2017, 08:02 MoonSpook

First, a disclaimer here: I've never played this so I can't personally vouch for the game.

That said, until I came here, all I've seen is drooling for this game. I've seen folk, both press and regular joes, baying for a PC port of this for years. It comes from a pretty good heritage too, with Platinum behind it. You could well be right, but you're the first negative voice I've heard since the port was announced; I've seen years worth of praise and adoration for it. I'd be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

This comment was edited on May 11, 2017, 08:13.

News Comments > ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released
2. Re: ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released Apr 19, 2017, 10:51 MoonSpook

|RaptoR| wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 10:04:
Didn't this game come out years ago? Or was that some kind of beta? I remember playing it at PAX 2015 for sure, maybe even before that. Either way, wonder if it's worth checking out

It was Early Access - this is it's official full release.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Demo
8. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 6, 2017, 13:06 MoonSpook

No need for the snark, I thought the Blues' community was a little more tightly knit and that you might be amused by it.

Never mind!

On topic, GAME UK are undercutting Steam and selling it for 14.99 if you don't mind waiting for a boxed copy.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Demo
2. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 6, 2017, 11:16 MoonSpook

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 11:09:
Nothing sells games like a demo, hope this makes a comeback.

You didn't see the previous thread on this, did you? :-D

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 28, 2017, 05:00 MoonSpook

They're actually based in the UK (just down the road from where I live, I believe), and are trustworthy as far as the legitimacy of their keys goes, AFAIK.  

News Comments > STRAFE in May
2. Re: STRAFE Next Month Mar 14, 2017, 05:09 MoonSpook

Not to be "that guy," but May isn't next month  

News Comments > WoW Bans
15. Re: WoW Bans Mar 10, 2017, 03:51 MoonSpook

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 21:25:
Again, my question would be does that mean the mechanics for soaking up corruption and properly grouping for special attacks are not active? Seems to me those mechanics are such they lead to wipes. Granted this is all from me watching videos trying to teach the fight.

The mechanics are there, but they're so insignificant now that you can mostly ignore them. Honestly, you'll kill him in one go unless you have the worst LFR group ever.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Steam Client Update Jan 20, 2017, 03:46 MoonSpook

• Game install folders can be moved to other Steam Library folders under Properties / Local Files

• Holy moly, at last a native way of doing this!

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
    31. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 09:40 MoonSpook

MattyC wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 08:11:
    It appears the DLC is free with this at least.

Nah, only some of it is. The rest you have to buy with Bioware Points, which you can only buy in bundles of 800 or 1600, so to buy all the DLC you'll end up with leftover useless points, not to mention you're paying through the nose for them. I could rant for hours about their stubbornness in not allowing us to pay actual real-world currency for them, but it's a battle we'll never win.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
    16. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 16, 2016, 06:31 MoonSpook

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 01:12:
    Dont forget these come with Telemetry imbeded in them to send data to nvidia every hour.

PC Gamer: Nvidia's telemetry monitor is not spying on you

Ok, yes, I know, you're technically correct, they are transmitting stuff, but no more than they have for years now.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 06:47.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
    14. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 03:47 MoonSpook

ItBurn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:20:
    Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
    I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

Good news - they actually are making it work like that in Dishonored 2 - if you kill the bad folk, it generates less chaos than if you kill the good folk, according to what the heart determines about them.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
    8. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 11:43 MoonSpook

I have a large hunch that they're announcing Diablo 4. Admittedly that's based purely on a tweet from the official account the other week that asked what was your favourite part of D3 using the ThrowbackThursday tag - referring to D3 as well and truly in the past, and not a current game. But hey, that's what I'm going with.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2016, 11:15 MoonSpook

Didn't you need an SSD to get over the terrible popup in the first game? Maybe that's their hook  

News Comments > Thumper Released
    4. Re: Thumper Released Oct 12, 2016, 15:35 MoonSpook

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 14:07:
    It looks more like a rollercoaster with maybe some minimal button inputs for things that cross the track but that's it.

I'll grant you here, I haven't played it (the price tag is sadly just too high), but from what I understand you've kinda summed it up. The bit you might be missing and I guess don't pick up unless you have played it is that the beat of the music only happens when you get the timing right in the jumps/grinds etc, so when it's right it "feels" good. The only other gameplay is the boss fights at the end of each level - you have to complete a set of obstacles correctly to fire an attack at the boss.

It's essentially a twisted version of the old Audiosurf games. Another equivalent I can think of is the BIT.TRIP RUNNER games - the sound your runner makes as you avoid each obstacle matches the music, and is a minor reward for avoiding each obstacle correctly.

I reckon it's more about the aesthetic anyway - if you love the foreboding music and generally evil look of it, you'll dig the game.

RPS (among many others) have a review of it that might help explain some more.

News Comments > Thumper Released
    1. Re: Thumper Released Oct 12, 2016, 11:15 MoonSpook

Whoops, forgot that my email address wouldn't give away what "MS" meant at the bottom of the email

T H U M P E R

145 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo