Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MoonSpook

Real Name MoonSpook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 11, 2012, 08:52
Total Comments 153 (Novice)
User ID 57640

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
2. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 10:53 MoonSpook

I find this really odd as a business decision. The original was panned a fair amount.. even the kindest reviews thought it was just OK. Maybe it sold well on the strength of id's name, and now they reckon they can do it again?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Apr 26, 2018, 04:08 MoonSpook

Discontinued Support

32-bit Operating Systems
Beginning with Release 396, NVIDIA is no longer releasing Game Ready drivers for 32-bit operating systems for any GPU architecture.

Also of interest. I don't blame them, but it's still surprised me for some reason.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Update
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Apr 18, 2018, 09:56 MoonSpook

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 20:42:
They are making a ton of money on vehicles.

Fixed!

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Mar 28, 2018, 04:34 MoonSpook

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 02:15:
That stupid fucking WoW is still a thing? Wow. Neckbeards, let it go already!

Yup, sorry to tell you that some people still like a thing that you don't like, to the extent that it's still one of the world's most popular MMOs, especially in the West.

News Comments > Get The Darkness II for Free
10. Re: Get The Darkness II for Free Mar 27, 2018, 05:43 MoonSpook

I played the demo when this came out way back when and thought it was fairly terrible, but I don't remember why now. I've heard good things about it since, so maybe I'll give it another shot, especially for free.  

News Comments > Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut Free Weekend
1. Re: Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut Free Weekend Mar 9, 2018, 11:38 MoonSpook

You can legitimately play through the whole game during this, so if you haven't given it a go it's a prime opportunity. It isn't a huge game. (Edit: In fact, Steam reckons I played 3.4 hours)

I know a lot of folk detest the Director's Cut version that had extra story etc added on, but I didn't mind it myself. Also an excellent way to see if the imminent sequel might be up your street (as is it's intended purpose of course!).

News Comments > EA Showing New Battlefield in June
9. Re: EA Showing New Battlefield in June Feb 23, 2018, 04:52 MoonSpook

At EA PLAY 2018, players looking for intense action will have a chance to play the next Battlefield™ experience...

"We are proud to announce.. "Battlefield: Cardstrike!" This evolution of the series is now a Collectible Card Game!"

Gosh, I'd give good money for them to announce that. Can you imagine the frothing on the forums from all the die-hard fans?

News Comments > Full Metal Furies Released
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2018, 04:48 MoonSpook

I keep replacing it with "Fury Of The Furries," which shows my age I suppose.. It was a fun little platformer though.  

News Comments > Outlast Deluxe Edition for Free
8. Re: Outlast Deluxe Edition for Free Sep 22, 2017, 07:31 MoonSpook

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 02:13:
What 'key' is everyone talking about? I didn't get a Steam key, it was just added to my Humble library.

Maybe they changed it? But mine came with a DRM-free download and a Steam key too. On your download page it's hidden under a line of text that reads something like "Click here for your Steam keys."

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black May 26, 2017, 05:14 MoonSpook

Cutter wrote on May 25, 2017, 23:33:
...and the fucking Ewoks.
Crikey, I missed Georgieboy adding THAT scene in

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Turning Two
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 26, 2017, 05:11 MoonSpook

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 26, 2017, 01:06:
I played this quite a bit for a few months over a year ago. I'm kind of afraid to go back to it now, because with all the changes, I'll probably be a complete noob again. Hell, even if there hadn't been changes, I've forgotten enough by now to be completely useless most likely.

I logged in again just last night because of entering the competition they have going to win a gfx card (you have to give them your Battle.Net email and play one game of HotS). I hadn't played in about a year and a half, and I only played then to get some goodies for other Blizzard games.

I was nervous about it and even considered redoing the tutorial to reacclimatise, but instead said "Sod it," and jumped into a quick match with a hero I'd never played before. Turns out it allll comes flooding back pretty quickly. In terms of actual gameplay, not a lot has changed, so I'd advise just jumping in and trying it. As noted below, you can switch off chat etc if you're concerned you'll garner ire from your teammates, but it went well for me in the one game I played.

3. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2017, 09:52 MoonSpook

Pigeon wrote on May 19, 2017, 08:43:
MoonSpook wrote on May 19, 2017, 06:28:
Are they called "bounce houses" in the US (I'm assuming US here)?

It's probably the most common thing they're called along with bouncy castles. Moonwalk was common when I was a little kid, but I've not heard them called that for a long long time.

Ah, ok. In the UK I've never heard them called anything but "bouncy castle," and didn't know if it was a standard phrase most popular in the US, a bit like the US affection for "jello," and not "jelly." (and while I'm at it, "jelly," and not "jam" )

1. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2017, 06:28 MoonSpook

Are they called "bounce houses" in the US (I'm assuming US here)?  

News Comments > PC VANQUISH This Month
4. Re: PC VANQUISH This Month May 11, 2017, 08:02 MoonSpook

First, a disclaimer here: I've never played this so I can't personally vouch for the game.

That said, until I came here, all I've seen is drooling for this game. I've seen folk, both press and regular joes, baying for a PC port of this for years. It comes from a pretty good heritage too, with Platinum behind it. You could well be right, but you're the first negative voice I've heard since the port was announced; I've seen years worth of praise and adoration for it. I'd be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

This comment was edited on May 11, 2017, 08:13.

News Comments > ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released
2. Re: ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released Apr 19, 2017, 10:51 MoonSpook

|RaptoR| wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 10:04:
Didn't this game come out years ago? Or was that some kind of beta? I remember playing it at PAX 2015 for sure, maybe even before that. Either way, wonder if it's worth checking out

It was Early Access - this is it's official full release.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Demo
8. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 6, 2017, 13:06 MoonSpook

No need for the snark, I thought the Blues' community was a little more tightly knit and that you might be amused by it.

Never mind!

On topic, GAME UK are undercutting Steam and selling it for £14.99 if you don't mind waiting for a boxed copy.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Demo
2. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 6, 2017, 11:16 MoonSpook

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 11:09:
Nothing sells games like a demo, hope this makes a comeback.

You didn't see the previous thread on this, did you? :-D

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 28, 2017, 05:00 MoonSpook

They're actually based in the UK (just down the road from where I live, I believe), and are trustworthy as far as the legitimacy of their keys goes, AFAIK.  

News Comments > STRAFE in May
2. Re: STRAFE Next Month Mar 14, 2017, 05:09 MoonSpook

Not to be "that guy," but May isn't next month  

News Comments > WoW Bans
15. Re: WoW Bans Mar 10, 2017, 03:51 MoonSpook

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 21:25:
Again, my question would be does that mean the mechanics for soaking up corruption and properly grouping for special attacks are not active? Seems to me those mechanics are such they lead to wipes. Granted this is all from me watching videos trying to teach the fight.

The mechanics are there, but they're so insignificant now that you can mostly ignore them. Honestly, you'll kill him in one go unless you have the worst LFR group ever.

153 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo