Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kosh

Real Name Kosh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosh401
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 28, 2012, 21:02
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 57629

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 14, 2016, 21:16 Kosh401

Rhett wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 20:46:
Still don't own this.. I tried it on a friend's account and I just kept getting sniped across the map... I'm so used to ARMA 3, it's just bizarre. But I really want to play it! Bah.

Oh, and that obnoxious fucking server browser through the web browser. I hate that.

I may have just talked myself out of a sale...

Not sure when you last played it but the DICE LA team has done wonders with balance and netcode/server performance and it's in a great state these days. If the DLC is free and if EA Access for $5 gets you BF4 for a month until BF1, that's a steal. Even the 50% off Origin code to buy BF4 and get the DLC free is a steal IMO. I haven't had any problems with the server browser in a long time either (firefox). If you have a second screen or a laptop handy you should try logging into battlelog with that while you're in a match and use the BattleScreen (overhead map). It's pretty sweet and I'll miss it a lot in BF1 - I'd totally take the web based server browser if it meant I could keep that.

Anyway I think it's worth giving it another look especially for the price and free dlc now. Cheers

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War III Footage
7. Re: Dawn of War III Footage Sep 7, 2016, 10:30 Kosh401

Yeah DoW 1 and it's expansions were awesome. DoW 2 wasn't my thing and was sad to see them go that direction with it. Not sure about 3 yet but will keep an eye on it.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 11:59 Kosh401

Yeah we've had a lot of fun with it so far as well. Surprisingly haven't had many bad bugs or crashes either which is a good sign (esp compared to BF4's launch).

GreenManGaming has BF1 Standard Ed on for 20% off FYI. main thing you don't get is the 3 day head start (Tues Oct 18 vs Fri Oct 21).

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
18. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 11:51 Kosh401

Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:40:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:21:
The game is awesome, just by the beta it just might be the best Battlefield game.

You smoke crack.

BF3, BF4, and Hardline play WAY BETTER than this. It is literally a reskin of Star Wars. No question about it. The people move the same, same map overlay, same hunched over running style, same terrible hit boxes, same outline of players when dead, same everything! It is ridiculous. Did you play Money Wars!?

The game is playing on 60hz servers by default, which is a huge step up from previous games. The netcode is doing very well, not seeing problems when running behind a wall and getting killed etc. Haven't seen any hit box issues, only thing that comes to mind is a sniper glint showed through the edge of a mountain one time and wasn't sure if I got shot through that or not.

I skipped hardline and star wars but don't have any problems with the animations. Everything is looking beautiful other than a bug where players hoola-hoop their pouches as they run. I had to up my mouse sensitivity quite a bit but it's been snappy just like BF4. /shrug

I hate kill cams in general and hope they have Classic Mode in to get around that.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
17. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 11:42 Kosh401

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:15:
I want to play but afraid it'll run like crap on my aging AMD 280X.

FYI my friend is playing on a 270X on low/medium and hasn't dropped below 60fps. Has an OC'd 8320 but not sure where it's at right now. Give it a try while it's free.

We're enjoying it so far. Unfortunate map choice since the huge empty desert really only caters to the vehicle and sniping crowd. The map from the first EA event and ones like that will be awesome because it's a great mix/balance.

On Tanks: A problem with tanks right now is not many Assault players have unlocked the AT rocket weapon, and hardly anyone is using the "light AT" grenade option. Every class gets that and can take down or at least disable the heavies with some coordination. Also any damage done to a tank interrupts it's repair cycle so it's possible to button a tank to give someone time to blow it. Aircraft can be really effective against tanks but most people are dog fighting or bombing the town and not the vehicles.

On Sniping: Bullet velocity is up big time which is a nice buff to snipers. An indirect buff to snipers is how they have change SMGs and other guns to not be very effective at long range, which I think is great. I can't kill snipers at long range with an ACW like I could in previous games. But again this is an indirect buff to snipers. I think they'll be balanced a bit. Still have to keep in mind this map is a sniper's wet dream.

On Squads: My group of 5 (on PC) was able to form a squad and join a game together and it kept up together the whole time, and rejoining was easy as well. Really loved this.

On Aircraft: Lots of fun, before we stopped last night I was spending time as a tank hunter. The big slow landships are easy targets full of points for the taking. Had some pretty fun dog fights. Need more practice flying close to the mountain though :/

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
7. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 24, 2016, 12:48 Kosh401

Too bad about splitting up the community again with map/DLC pay wall but it's EA, no surprises there. Thankfully my group and I easily get our money out of premium but it would be nice and better for the community if at least the maps were free so it didn't break up the server selection so much.

Also FYI it looks like you can subscribe to EA Access for 1 month for $5, buy BF1 with 10% discount, then cancel EA Access and come out ahead. By like $10 or whatever. But still!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
20. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 17, 2016, 09:22 Kosh401

Looking forward to this. Will be great not having any lock-ons, IRNV etc.

Also hoping for a relatively smooth launch because SW Battlefront launched relatively bug free (esp compared to BF4). Time will tell I guess. Bring on the open beta!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 25, 2016, 16:08 Kosh401

Another +1 for Rimworld. The gameplay is awesome and no two games are the same. And the mods... so many ridiculously good mods. Here is a link to a really solid collection on the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725182236

There are some other gems beyond those but it's a great place to start.

News Comments > RimWorld Early Access
3. Re: RimWorld Early Access Jul 15, 2016, 20:09 Kosh401

Good game and looking forward to the Workshop. There are some awesome mods for it and the Workshop will hopefully really make keeping them updated less painful.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 12, 2016, 19:16 Kosh401

The gameplay from the 64 player event looked really good IMO. And the shots of the airship burning and crashing in the distance were friggin beautiful!  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC
11. Re: Cities: Skylines Free DLC Jun 10, 2016, 08:29 Kosh401

Can't complain about free content!

I haven't played in a while either, but it's been through some updates and almost more interesting to me would be where the mods are at now. The traffic AI mods and such made huge improvements to the game.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Announced
26. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 12:14 Kosh401

Always so many negative comments in every thread around here lol :/

We're looking forward to checking it out. No more easy mode lock on weapons, no IRNV, UCAV, etc., could be a really nice change of pace.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Weekend
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 09:37 Kosh401

Well, I never really found SC4 all that challenging once I learned its systems. So I would say it's about the same as Skylines for me at this point. I don't really play for the challenge, it's just enjoyable creating the city. Challenges for me I guess lie in creative road and rail systems, not building in simple "grids", making low density resource towns away from my main city, etc. I also use some quality of life mods, such as recycling centres to help deal with garbage. Not using mods like that would certainly make it a bit more challenging I guess, but to me that is more tedious than a challenge. Mileage will vary with stuff like that of course depending on what you find fun. Definitely worth checking out though.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream
7. Re: Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream Feb 10, 2016, 17:21 Kosh401

Keilun wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 14:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 13:01:
After a mere 66 hours I have to admit find this game incredibly shallow and boring ;/ Every city is the same, has the same problems and the same solutions to those problems. Not to mention that I think their expansions just flat out do not add anything of worth to the actual core gameplay loop.

And yea.. death to Chirpy!

1000x this. I lost interest in this game simply because there wasn't enough variety to the cities.

This might not be a popular opinion, but as much as SimCity 2013 was reviled, at the very least they sought to add some variance between cities through building upgrades and specializations. It wasn't implemented well, but that doesn't mean the ideas behind it aren't worth developing further. At least in that game, my cities differentiated themselves.

How much more variety are you looking for though?? There's more variety in Skylines than the old Sim Cities, and you can specialize in things like Oil, Ores, Tourism etc., just like you can with that last Sim City. Even more so I would say, given the much larger city sizes in Skylines (which can also be even bigger with mods). You can also create smaller towns with their own local work force in Skylines with highways and mass transport connecting them (I always have poorly educated farming or mining towns on the map along with my main big metro city).

I mean for a $30 city builder I think it's excellent. Especially with all the mods available in the workshop.. lots of functionality mods (road protractors, better traffic AI, etc) but also RCI buildings. Love having Tim Hortons and other Canadian retailers all over my cities.

Anyway just wanted to defend a bit because this small dev team team has made a really outstanding $30 city builder. To each their own though

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
10. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 16, 2015, 22:45 Kosh401

I've saved a lot of money over the years buying from GMG and have never had a single problem with their keys. There are games I would have passed on if not for their 20-40% sales around launch.  

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER in April; Preorders Begin
7. Re: Total War WARHAMMER in April; Preorders Begin Oct 23, 2015, 16:15 Kosh401

Yeah, the last several Total War releases have been pretty much shit. They keep pumping out new ones every 12-18 months and it really shows.

Definitely staying away until A) it comes down in price (plus fuck them using Chaos as preorder bait), and B) the mod scene is strong, as no Total War game going back to Empire has been playable without well developed mods (IMO).

I'm just glad it's not 40k, otherwise I may not be strong enough to resist :S

News Comments > Cities Skylines After Dark Expansion Announced
3. Re: Cities Skylines After Dark Expansion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 18:30 Kosh401

Awesome, I'll definitely be picking this up. My only concern is if it will break many mods and for long haha..  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
5. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Jul 30, 2015, 13:06 Kosh401

It does look good, but I'm also done with CA's shitty annual(ish) releases. Got burned by nostalgia pre-ordering Rome 2, won't be touching anything of theirs again until lots of user reviews are in.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Jul 17, 2015, 20:35 Kosh401

Vall Forran wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 20:27:
Rome 2 was so horrible that I cannot fathom spending money on this game for a long, long time.

Agreed, after Rome 2 I haven't touched anything from them and will be waiting a good long while after this releases to even think about it. I love Warhammer (prefer 40k though) and would like this to be awesome, but have little faith left in the TW series :/

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces and CoH2 Upgrades Announced
2. Re: Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces and CoH2 Upgrades Announced Jul 9, 2015, 19:39 Kosh401

The last couple of updates have really helped balance out the factions and looking forward to the next couple of updates to help even more (they recently did an "alpha" testing phase that's still under NDA but they've been patching in results from that).

I've picked up 3v3 and 4v4 with a couple friends after being away from the game for a long time and it's pretty fun again, looking forward to this DLC and only $10 so the price is right

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo