Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for datachasm

Real Name datachasm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 11, 2012, 19:13
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 57614

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 20, 2016, 22:50 datachasm

weird i always though the bad company games took away from the battlefield roots as an answer to call of doodie

we still dont have the squad and commander as good as bf2

in an attempt to fill the bf1 void i grabbed battlefront with the recent sale... uggh i played a round of death star and refunded

maybe it gets better with unlocks but it just aint there for me

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
12. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 13:26 datachasm

i hate the $130 front end but gotta admit its good value, i would probably play this game for 3 years

worse thing that could happen is they make 2143 or BF5 next year

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
4. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 11:03 datachasm

i wasnt crazy about it the first few rounds, seemed slow and battlefronty like a console game, but after playing some more i think its excellent and a worthy successor to 4

just not sure about pre-order at these prices... $70 with all the bonuses and minus the season pass or $130 for all, and estimated 05.2017 for the first map pack in the season pass

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
28. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 19:43 datachasm

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 14:33:
Everything seems to be coming together and at a pretty good pace now, Color me surprised, hope it keeps going smoothly, I'll happily fork over some cash for a finished product.

thats what we were saying in 2013

EDIT: i read this as saying id happily fork over some MORE cash lol

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
27. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 19:41 datachasm

my guess is that they release 3 levels by the end of the year, if its accurate we are seeing pieces of it (arc corp, grim hex, levski, idris, crashed idris)

its plausible that they can have the levels designed and art ready and add in AI and the combat aspects as they are completed but a military storyline would need the c&c, information, engineering, and really all the multi crew besides sitting in the same ship

but yea still missing 90% of the features

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
49. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 16:07 datachasm

check your grenades, regular, gas and smoke are there

i didnt notice any frostbite building collapse but it might be there, also seemed a bit slow paced, like its meant to be played with a controller

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 10:51 datachasm

i think it was 7 gigs

i played a few rounds, definitely like star wars and not like BF4

was hoping to see the BF2 commander and squad play make a comeback but no im not seeing it here

console game

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
31. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 19, 2015, 00:10 datachasm

i would like to see a hardcore survival Conan game, like 7 Days to Die mixed with GTA5/Just Cause over the top mayhem, but true to the books naturally

a seeded random map of Hyboria would be asking too much

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 28, 2015, 14:05 datachasm

well then its working, likely to pass $100 million today

also, 2.0 is on the PTU and added 50k players

the server is crashing lots currently, but the game itself is smooth in single player, and looks fantastic

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 14:11 datachasm

it was actually pretty good except for the horrible miscast of Kyle Reese, whom did not look or act like he had grown up post apocalypse  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans
10. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 21, 2015, 10:46 datachasm

whats coming in the new x pack? is that in beta or?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans
6. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 21, 2015, 10:15 datachasm

maybe this is more to do with selling the game before the expansion?

is it true you buy the expansion and get the base game with it?

what i was reading was now is not the time to buy the game.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Gameplay Footage
12. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Gameplay Footage Sep 18, 2015, 13:08 datachasm

40k seems like a no brainer imo...

i think Space Marine (tabletop) was the first game i played from GW

on the fence about total war in general but this will probably be in rotation for our group.

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Seeks More Crowdfunding
1. Re: Shenmue 3 Seeks More Crowdfunding Sep 17, 2015, 14:38 datachasm

$100 pledge gets the game for ps4 and a 3 day trial of the pc version!

i must be missing something here?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details Aug 13, 2015, 15:15 datachasm

but its Battlefront, based on Battlefield...

these games are not known for single player, they are multiplayer games that people play for years and are supported as such.

im sure Star Wars single player games are coming to market, just be patient!

a HD xwing series or updated Rebellion is the only thing i think i would play from Star Wars atm. if this was really good i would like it, ive played every Battlefield since BFV, but no Battlefront game to date has interested me.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 09:11 datachasm

the most interesting thing to me is Star Citizen coming out around the release of episode 7... dont you think Disney will want some of that action? ie a new Tie Fighter game...  

News Comments > State of Decay DLC Next Week
6. Re: State of Decay DLC Next Week Nov 17, 2013, 17:30 datachasm

agreed its a great sandbox game, i like it as much as freedom fighters, just cause 2, etc etc, maybe more because there is a nice rpg side to the game. your home base can be upgraded, your character gets tired and will have to be swapped out with other survivors, but you must earn their friendship first. skills upgrade with use, lots of weapons. dlc at $7 looks to be a great deal, says it adds sandbox mode which i guess is just the game with no "story", just quests and exploration... im currently at the church so i cant say if the game has a short campaign that cuts you off or what. i wanna add that this is a cryengine3 game (thats not a crysis game), so what star citizen will be using.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
24. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:34 datachasm

hangar is already out, dogfighting in december, next will be social which i think will open the areas around your hangar, bars and shops etc etc, sometime winter/spring, then ship boarding (see where this is going, each module builds onto the last one), then summer 2014 squadron 42 singleplayer, then december 2014 star citizen persistent universe.

i think im skipping bf4 (well maybe)and anything else and sinking all my gaming dollars into star citizen.

and dont forget haters: this is using cryengine which i think they have used before to make a FPS game with vehicles?

but im glad many wont be getting onboard in favor of buying saints row 6, gta 8, bioshock 5, and call of duty 23. have fun with that!

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
38. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 04:16 datachasm

go read about the development of Freelancer on wikipedia... Chris Roberts already tried to make this game once. what happened? Microsoft bought his studio Digital Anvil and asked that they "tone down" the features.

i think that their schedule is realistic, hangar, dogfighting, social/planetside, boarding, single player, persistent universe. a release every quarter.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 06:52 datachasm

bah...

what me worry? this guy made: wing commander, starlancer, & freelancer! consider these r&d for SC... freelancer hints at much more depth that was incomplete due to publisher intervention, which is gone with SC. hopefully Roberts will not become a George Lucas.

they are using cryengine3, as he pointed our in the last video they have crysis 3 functionality right out of the box. i believe the last video he alluded to the art assets being the largest amount of work facing them prior to the ks.

so i imagine most the design is done (what was left out of freelancer along with what has been dreamed up in the last 10 years), the engine is done and is a proven platform for FPS with vehicles.

cant wait!

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo