Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for thestryker

Real Name thestryker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thestryker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 15, 2012, 21:59
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 57558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
9. Re: On Windows 10 Game Stuttering Sep 11, 2017, 14:41 thestryker

4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 13:09:
MajorD wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 12:53:
ALLLLLL ABOARD, the trendy MS Bash Wagon is ready to depart!

I've used Windows 10 game recorder for various LPs, and it works very well, and I can't even notice it running in the background. Works way better than other recording software I've used.

So even though people talk about real world issues that have been independently corroborated etc. it's people jumping on the "bash wagon". This is Blue's News commenters are not casual PC users that rely on the neighborhood kid or they're children to setup their WiFi.

Just benchmarks of DX11 vs DX12 speak volumes and I won't even go into multi gpu sport issues or the findings of the Privacy labs of many the Commissioners from many countries.

Tried 10 from July to October 2016 and went back to what gave the best performance.

Pretty sure he was referring to the people who posted before him who were literally just spouting off anti MS stuff. There's a very large amount of undeserved hatred simply because it's MS and there always will be. The OS works fine for me, and I haven't had any problems not to mention the fact that aside from program launch staggering on boot being annoying it's faster than 7. This doesn't mean I assume everyone else is in the same boat.

There are a lot of people who don't care about being able to potentially play all of the latest games or for whatever reason do have performance issues. More power to them if they decide to not use the latest OS. For me the ongoing security support, performance and having the widest supporting platform are far more important, to each their own.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 in October
10. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 14:08 thestryker

Personally I don't care about a delay because who cares, it's not like anyone loses anything because of it. What I do care about, and honestly I won't be buying this game because of it, is the 1 year (might be more as there is still ps exclusive in destiny) exclusivity on actual game content. It's very disappointing to see gaming outlets largely ignoring it as if it's acceptable. A strike, pvp arena, weapon and potentially more are being held for ps4 exclusive for a year. This is bullshit by any measure as that means you're paying to subsidize the ps4 players content. This is the most poisonous exclusive I've ever seen or heard of in any multiplatform game.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
11. Re: Need for Speed Payback Announced Jun 2, 2017, 18:33 thestryker

The first Need for Speed that I really played was the original Hot Pursuit. I don't recall playing the next couple until Underground hit and it was really the best arcade style racer with customization options. I played that on PC around the same time as I played Sega GT 2002 on xbox and the fact that Underground was close on the customization options was cool even if the upgrades were largely linear.

I feel like Most Wanted was the last of that era of Need for Speed. They tried to jam in a cheesy over the top story, but the mocap tech etc simply wasn't there for it to be effective in a B Movie sort of way. The game itself was a lot of fun to play however. I played the 2010 Hot Pursuit on xbox 360, and while it was okay the fact that it was Burnout disguised as Need for Speed never really worked for me. It wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't Need for Speed.

I played the most recent Need for Speed on PC several months after launch, and I've heard they had a lot of growing pains with the game in general. By the time I got to it the game really brought back memories of Most Wanted. Decent customization options, cheesy over the top story, however this story really didn't go anywhere. I liked it, but I was also very happy I didn't get it until later and I believe I paid somewhere around $20 usd for it.

The trailer for this game looks like virtually every other AAA game aimed at generic audiences so I really don't think there's anything to see here. It'll be interesting to see how the game itself actually plays and whether or not there's ongoing things to do outside of the main story (the most recent Need for Speed added this after launch).

Given the track record I'm not sure I'd pay full price for this one either, but I am a sucker for the Raptor so who knows maybe if there's a preorder sale somewhere. I do think that people should check out the most recent Need for Speed if it's on a good sale or somesuch if they were a fan of the early-mid 00s Need for Speed.

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
12. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 1, 2017, 23:26 thestryker

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/02/oculus-execs-liable-for-500-million-in-zenimax-vr-trial/

A bit better coverage than what I read from polygon. They didn't find against John Carmack at all which leads me to believe the accusations against him went nowhere. The copyright infringement is interesting seeing as the nda break reward was 4x that value. Given the amount of money fb makes off data I doubt even of they had to pay out the $500m it would make any difference to them. It'll also be interesting to see if an injunction is even a possibility.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month
5. Re: Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 13:35 thestryker

But will this update actually fix the worst combat in the history of ARPGs? For a game with as many great features and game mechanics as PoE has I've never been able to get far due to how bad the combat is.

Diablo 3 for as awful as their overall mechanics are has great feel to the combat and moving through the world.

Torchlight 2 was honestly my favorite of recent ARPGs, but friends and I had notorious problems zoning through portals in mp so we eventually gave up on that.

I have been playing Grim Dawn since it hit "content complete" and I have to say overall ideas wise this is by far the best. It has a lot of the same things going for it that Titan Quest had (obviously) but they've taken certain world interactions to a new level. There are a lot of random NPC encounters which you have control over the futures of. Several instances of things along the lines of "clear those fields so we can farm" and said fields stay clear and the farming starts. Combat wise it's just a deeper Titan Quest system and doesn't seem to have overpowered random affixes.

Back on topic to PoE though... it really does make me sad that the combat is so complete shit that for me it makes the game unplayable. I'd rather go play Diablo 2 because it still feels better, and for some reason this is something they never seem to improve. Perhaps that's because a lot of fans just accept it, but each of these expansions seem to have just put in more content without even a nod to how trash the combat is.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
28. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 14:02 thestryker

While I don't think the price is insane... It is ill advised seeing as at the end of the day the rift isn't even as complex as a high end smartphone and those are $500-600. This certainly is not what I would consider to be a reasonable price, and my computer can run it fine. Personally I'm not spending gsync monitor money on something I can't use with everything. I do agree with the previous poster that they seem to have priced this at the niche sim area.  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
43. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 15:02 thestryker

Two obvious comments regarding this: when's the last time you saw a fast food company sued over the fact that their ads never match the product and on the pc side it was largely fixed in the huge patch they put out. Near as I can tell the lawsuit is dead before it even starts, which is sorta a shame because this is the sort of crap companies get away with all of the time.

I'd like to think that issues like these in general have a big effect on public opinion, but the game still sold decently. Not to mention debacles like d3 and sim city haven't really deterred people, sure they complain, but a large chunk still buy the product. Last thing, the regarding preorders, I preorder things when there's a monetary incentive, for example I got xcom for $38 on release, otherwise I agree that there's rarely any point to preordering anything.

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta
3. Re: This is Pay 2 Win rubbish. Feb 14, 2013, 10:55 thestryker

Ripperjack wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:28:
This game is blatiant Pay 2 Win rubbish, which rewards you for using your daddy's credit card, rather than developing any skill.

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Play FireFall and Defiance instead.

Curious if you have actually played this game making a comment like that. I think I put in around 10 hours or so without feeling a hard pay wall. There are two things that I think should be changed 1) item slots are only through paid currency 2) armor/weapon upgrade items are overly rng, but can be bypassed via p2w. You can get armor/weapons through some farming and in game reward currency. Game is 100% coop/pve so anyone who likes that concept should consider giving it a go.

Defiance has auto aim that cannot be turned off, no in game voice settings and an awful friend system, so I'm not sure why you'd think that is worth people's time in its current state. I hope it gets better, but right now it's most certainly not worth the upcoming $60 price of admission. Firefall was a lot of fun the last time I played it, much better pvp than pve imo, but very good game play overall, and shooter fans should definitely check it out.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 15, 2012, 18:03 thestryker

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 17:03:
The one thing worth pointing out between the various platforms is how cool Borderlands 2 can look if you have an awesome PC.

Somehow I doubt this is remotely true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFkDrKvBRU

The PC version allows plenty of tweaks to draw distance, frame rate and more. It also allows Nvidia card users to turn on Physx options, which results in a hell of a lot more particles flying around, realistic liquid physics, and a greater sense of destructible environments.

I'm assuming the physx is the only big difference, but I think it looks pretty good.

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo