Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3471 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play
7. Re: StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play Nov 3, 2017, 17:26 Slick

The Terran campaign ("Wings of freedom" I think) was by far the best.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 17:25 Slick

8.5 out of 10!? really!?  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 13:21 Slick

I disagree that they should have had gen 2 ready to go shortly after gen 1 in order to "build a market".

I think all that would have done is shit on all the people who had been waiting years, finally, for the commercial release of consumer VR.

Also Gen 2 is going to have a lot of upgrades. different focal points, depth, eye tracking, high rez screens, and probably wireless as standard. It's not coming out too soon, and that's good, all that shit needs time to bake properly or else you'll get another half-asses "standing VR" from oculus that was never meant to exist.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
4. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 13:13 Slick

I tried the beta. Once I spawned into my first game it was all like SERIOUS ARMY SERIOUS ARMY ARMY shit....

And then I saw the animations of my teammates flailing or "running" around, and I just started laughing out loud and immediately Alt=F4'd then uninstalled.

I really need to find a video of this, but I guess any twitch stream will do, it looks SO BAD.

CoD is shit, Battlefield is better. THREAD DERAILED.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
21. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 3, 2017, 04:51 Slick

Luke wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 17:45:
God all the sheep's fall into this again and again , buy 1070....buy 1070 Ti ....buy 1070 Ti 2 edition ...buy 1070 Ti 2 edition Ti........

Will people never learn

Who exactly in your mind would sequentially buy all of the cards you just listed? You seem to be describing a crazy person.

Obviously, if you've been holding out from a previous generation, this card might hit the sweet spot for you.

Personally, it does little for me, my girl's 980 is still good enough. Volta will change that.

Also people are forgetting the 4k 144hz monitors that will hit in Q1 2018, those will be the real push for the 4k gen to stretch its legs. I'm betting that nVidia is just biding their time till they come out, as might be evidenced by those monitor manufacturers delaying them by 3-6 months in the first place.

There's no card or combination of cards that could even think of 4k @ 144hz, so it would be market suicide to launch before there was a GPU capable of powering them at least up to 80-90 fps. It all seems to point towards Volta being worth waiting for.

And a "new" product on the same 104 silicon is a great way to clear out inventory before Volta ramps up on the consumer side. I could be wrong, but it's at least plausible.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 04:32 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 01:46:
Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:54:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:15:
Fortune 500 lists them with 9500 employees.

Sure, they need a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus.

How many of that 9500 are level designers? Texture artists? Sound designers? I think I've made my point.

Your point being that EA and Ubisoft don't have a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus? Lol, okay...

Was that my point? you might want to try reading harder...

*hint* It's the second sentence of the first post in this thread.

Key emphasis on the "making games" part... sheesh. It's like some people are actively looking to misrepresent what I've clearly written. Try harder next time.

All that comes to mind in this entire year for Acti/Bliz as far as new games are concerned is Destiny 2 and CoD: WWII. If you think that took 9500 people to make you're dreaming. Shit just the yearly rehashed sports franchises from EA push out more content than that...

I'm not debating quality, but as for quantity of EMPLOYED DEVELOPERS, Acti/Bliz doesn't come close. Not by a longshot.

6. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 00:54 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:15:
Fortune 500 lists them with 9500 employees.

Sure, they need a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus.

How many of that 9500 are level designers? Texture artists? Sound designers? I think I've made my point.

3. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 00:06 Slick

NKD wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 23:36:
Yeah all the money Valve makes goes right into Gabens pockets.

Well, the SteamVR platform and RnD on the Vive is the glaring exception. But yeah, most of it goes into his pockets. For a company that makes 4-5b a year, he only has 200 employees...

News Comments > F1 2017 for Linux
1. Re: F1 2017 for Linux Nov 2, 2017, 22:01 Slick

This must be why Codemasters hasn't seen it fit to release any of their racing games for the HTC Vive.  

News Comments > For Honor Season 4 and Free Weekend Details
1. Re: For Honor Season 4 and Free Weekend Details Nov 2, 2017, 21:35 Slick

Homonym SLAM  

News Comments > Morning Patches
13. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 21:29 Slick

It probably is the DRM, but especially for a big budget single-player game, I'd assume they'd do anything they can to prevent it from being cracked on day 1 like the Shadow of War game a couple weeks ago.

I just hope that they'll disable it at some point in the future once it gets cracked. Would be HILARIOUS to see benchmarks running the pirated version vs the DRM one, and the pirated on is getting like 50% better frames ^_^ A man can dream...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 2, 2017, 21:27 Slick

That's an insane deal for the Vive. Basically getting a 1070 and a $60 game for free.  

1. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 2, 2017, 21:26 Slick

Lol, just a money-printing operation.

Say what you will about Ubi and EA, they actually employ like 10,000 people each in studios all over the world actually making games (weather they're any good or not is another matter). Acti/Bliz has what, a new CoD this year? Oh and Destiny 2. Mostly perpetual revenues from Hearthstone, Candy Crush and HotS.

And I'm sure that 1.63b in a single quarter is still nothing compared to what Valve is putting into making zero games... so whatever.

/jaded

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2017, 21:36.

11. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 17:32 Slick

I don't think it's just Ubi, although they seem particularly attentive to their stockholder's needs for good quarterly reports. They don't often push release windows... And they do have a reason for doing this (Hostile takeover from Vivendi if too many people sell their stocks, Vivendi is there buying them)

But still, it's almost every AAA game that launches in the holiday season, publishers are soooo focused on getting a piece of that sweet holiday pie that they almost always push out less than polished games. I think all of the major publishers are guilty of this, except for Bliz and Valve, both who rarely make games, and who have the infinite money pile to take their time.

News Comments > Descent Underground Next Year
33. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 16:41 Slick

Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 12:07:
Who do we owe more here? The publisher putting out PR, or our fellow gamers who trust each other to be informed about what's going on?

I'm so confused, is this the new reality? I could have sworn I've been living in an alternate universe on this board for years now...

Exhibit A: Every time I publically "like" a DICE game on here, I'm told that I'm an EA shill, an astroturfer, a sellout, and a corporate propagandist. Even though I couldn't give a fuck who publishes a game I like, I just like the games I like.

Can't we just go back to that? the good old days where "Slick = corporate shill" and everyone is allowed to criticize everything? I think I enjoyed that more.

The idea that any piece of news is sacrosanct, and not to be challenged by anyone because corporate PR is divine is just ridiculous.

Here KxMode, I'll give you what you want, and what you've thought I actually said in my first post:

D:U doesn't look very good, it looks bad in fact. I can't see myself enjoying 5 minutes of it. I'd much rather play the obviously superior OverLoad.

Happy? Next time I'll lead with that and you'll have a better chance of making sense. Even though there's still absolutely nothing wrong with posting the above paragraph...

32. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 16:32 Slick

I'll be the first to admit that I've acted like a "d-bag" on this forum before.

This wasn't one of those times.

also:

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 07:53:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:31:
The Bible isn't exactly competing against video games.

No, just against intelligence. XD Perhaps that's where your ideas of what consists of a valid argument come from...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

9. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 16:14 Slick

Man, I have a new TV arriving tomorrow too, would have loved to jam with this game on there in 4k hdr... I feel like such a marginal fringe element that they don't really even have to try.

They promised it was coming to PC in this patch, and nothing, nothing, NOTHINNNG!!!

grrr

IMPORTANT:
There will be another Title Update available in early November, which will most notably include 4K and Dolby Atmos support for Xbox One X and support of HDR displays for all platforms.

5. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 14:04 Slick

So they said that the HDR patch was coming to ALL PLATFORMS

PC was mysteriously absent from this patch list of platforms getting HDR.

Motherfucker.

21. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 01:57 Slick

Lol Jesus Christ KxMode.

The straw-manning is real.

"IMO" isn't a "valid excuse" to "have an opinion"? What, if that opinion isn't sanctioned by you? If you choose to self-censor, that's your business, fuck off trying to impose that backwards nonsense on the rest of us.

And since when is ANYTHING on this cesspool of a backwoods underground obscure gaming forum considered beyond criticism? Where do you think you are exactly?

You directly compare my benign comment where twice I state my OPINION as equivalent to going on a publisher's highly-moderated forum talking trash while bigging-up a competitor's product (not that I'd give two fucks about doing that either). I didn't even talk trash about D:U if you even bothered to read what I wrote before getting visibly triggered.

Why stop there? What if I went up to Queen Elizabeth and spat in her eyes then farted on her face? Surely THAT would be considered trollish. I mean, while you're making things up out of whole cloth, you might as well go apeshit.

I'll remember my "decorum" next time there's an article about CoD and I post how CoD is a piece of shit and Battlefield does everything CoD tries to do MUCH better. You know like I do in every thread ^_^

If you're incapable of participating in the free interchange of ideas and opinions, I'd suggest a much more moderated forum would be to your liking. That shit doesn't fly here, you should know that by now. Your freedom to be offended doesn't supercede my freedom to express my opinion, snowflake.

Bee in the bonnet indeed.

20. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 01:55 Slick

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 00:34:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:31:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 18:36:
Dude, who put a bee in your bonnet?

I don't like people hijacking an indie's thread the promote another competing product. That I backed D:U for $50 is irrelevant. I wouldn't do it in any game's thread. Have some standards.

Well, I assume this means youíll never mention a game other than the one in a threadís title, ever.

ESPECIALLY one in the same genre, with the same projected release date, on an open forum where gamers gather to largely gather to shout their OPINIONS into the void.

3471 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo