Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3198 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > New SteelSeries Mice Boast 1-to-1 Sensors
8. Re: New SteelSeries Mice Boast 1-to-1 Sensors Aug 1, 2017, 17:36 Slick

if it doesn't have the wireless tech that the Logi G900 has, i have zero interest. It's funny how people talk about 1:1 accuracy, but are fine with being tethered, having the physical mouse being pulled on different tensions just moving it around the mat. THAT is a source for far more innacuracy than a 1:1 sensor instead of a 1:1.00000001 sensor  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 11:45 Slick

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 11:24:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 10:56:
Re: Samsung

OMFG fucking snowflakes. Spend less time fucking crying about nonexistent bullshit and you'll enjoy your life more. Seriously.

Next they'll be complaining that there are only two gender options. >_<

Fuck I hate humanity.

Why does this bother you?

Oh come on, even I'm bothered by this article. When you lose a loaded word like "sexist" it should actually mean something.

It seems like they used descriptive words for the character of the voices recorded, not a commentary about how ALL MALES ARE CONFIDENT while ALL FEMALES ARE CHIPPER. HOW DARE THEY!>?!

Give me a break. I swear, just when the left should be more united than ever in fighting the bullshit on the right they somehow lose all sympathy from me when they force these non-issues like they're important. It's a scourge.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 17, 2017, 07:43 Slick

Where's WaltC to tell us that none of this is as bad as owning a private email server?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 15, 2017, 06:24 Slick

This has been my wallpaper for a long time now, I read the book a couple weeks after it came out, and many times since. It's my "Catcher in the Rye" sort to speak.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 15, 2017, 06:22 Slick

That's cyberpunk.  

News Comments > Fortnite Launch Trailer
9. Re: Fortnite Launch Trailer Jul 10, 2017, 18:10 Slick

Played this with the wife at a special event at PAX West 2014. It doesn't look like it's changed much. The grind does seem real, but the more annoying this was the fucking artillery zombies.

So you put all this effort into building a base that funnels them into your traps and guns etc. and then they spawn these zombies that stay 100m away from your base and just lob artillery, and in a minute your roof has caved in, leaving your base mostly buggered.

News Comments > Firefall Falls
11. Re: Firefall Falls Jul 8, 2017, 07:54 Slick

whatever, the "lure of e-sports" might have been dumb, but the multiplayer was fun, then they just removed it entirely, and said they had no plans on re-implementing it. it was sad.  

News Comments > Firefall Falls
9. Re: Firefall Falls Jul 7, 2017, 18:14 Slick

so much wrong with this game, from the west coast customs 10 million dollar (i guess?) bus they used for PAX, to the Nathan Fillion-led firefall TV show week (which is hilarious, cause i kind of suggest that to them int he forums, and their coke-out CEO ran with it). To the utter asing of any intreesting mechanic in favor of boring leveling garbage nonsense like any other wannabe MMO, to all the proposed content that was never built cause they changed tack every 3 months (coked-out CEO).

But it had it's charms. I was a founder, I even had the uber legendary glider that was worth hundreds of dollars. I really got lost in that game for a while. It had such potential.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to that new Bioware Edmonton IP that looks VERY firefall-ish, that should do me just fine.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 04:17 Slick

Most people don't realise that vew few items are actually sold by Amazon. Most are "fulfilled by Amazon". Which means vendors ship their items to Amazon's warehouses, and they ship them to you and deal with the customer service (by always siding with the buyer *cough*).

So, if the deals you think are shitty, it's the vendors. We set our own deal prices. I'm running a prime day deal, the requirements are a minimum of 20% off the lowest price in the last 30 days, and a set minimum quantity that varies.

I'm running my deal at about 30% off.

Also, understand that Amazon takes about 1/3rd of the sale price when vendors do "fulfilled by amazon". And that 1/3rd doesn't get smaller if it goes on sale. So an item you sell for $30, Amazon gets $10, then say you put it on a 33% off sale, that's another $10. So your profit is $10, which has to cover the price of the item you bought, and your shipping costs to get it to the Amazon warehouse, and somewhere in there sneak in your profit.

The moar u know.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2017, 04:31.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 2, 2017, 14:37 Slick

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 19:04:
As a current Amazon employee, and running in one of the sort centers (post office more or less), just keep an eye on the Amazon site. If you loved the old Steam sales (flash sales), and don't sleep, you are going to be one very happy camper.

Cool! I'm an Amazon.ca seller ^_^

And pretty stoked that one of my products is going to be actually listed on prime day, it should be a big hit.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
23. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jul 1, 2017, 03:54 Slick

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 11:03:
Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 10:47:
You know, $15 is really not a bad price. I might just bite at that.

Well, I am sure they put in a decent amount of work, and I loved loved Starcraft back in the day, but I think I'll pass. Blizzard seems even more greedy than usual lately, and way less creative than the old days. Clearly that is subjective, but I think I'm going to stick to new games and skip the remasters for awhile.

3-4 year ago I'd say yeah, Bliz hasn't come up with anything unique, original, or even good in over a decade...

But then came Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, and Hearthstone.

Not saying they're amazing games, but on the "new IP" front Bliz did kinda double their portfolio in the last 3-4 years, from running utterly stagnant for 10 years prior. That's something.

News Comments > LawBreakers Open Beta
4. Re: LawBreakers Open Beta Jul 1, 2017, 03:47 Slick

LittleMe wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 18:05:
I like how the grapple looks in the gameplay. Reminds me of Quake 1 CTF grapple, except slower. Game looks fun. Will try.

I did the closed Alpha of this half a year ago, I remember the class that uses the grapple for movement was the most fun to play. On one of the levels I found a route where I could leave my uncap and not touch the ground until I was in their uncap ^_^

But yeah, UE4... BLECH

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Gets Party Mode Next Week
5. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Gets Party Mode Next Week Jun 30, 2017, 05:57 Slick

Sempai wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 03:23:
I finished the first, and really like the 2nd, even if the characters and story are incredibly stupid. The city is impressive and the mechanics and hacking are more engaging than anything in GTA 5 imo.

Ubisoft is killin it with their ongoing support for their games lately. Good on them.

Yeah... it's kinda weird how bad GTA V feels compared to WD2 in the actual gameplay department. And GTA V wasn't a bad game by any stretch.

News Comments > Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today?
13. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 30, 2017, 03:10 Slick

Damn, I was talking with my editor just 2 days ago that I wanted him to get me alpha access to this, he was like: "Early copies will go out a few weeks before launch" and I'm like noooo... there could be a closed alpha as early as next week! And here we are...  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Gets Party Mode Next Week
3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Gets Party Mode Next Week Jun 30, 2017, 02:55 Slick

Swag. I think I need a weed and have me a July 4th celebration proper with this game.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2017, 23:24 Slick

I was betting on people losing their minds about the EA CEO being on a "top anything" list that wasn't "top shite company in America"... but I guess I underestimated you lot. That or nobody read it ^_^  

News Comments > Battleborn Gets Supercharged
3. Re: Battleborn Gets Supercharged Jun 25, 2017, 22:12 Slick

it would be nice if you could switch toons mid match, cause if you get a bad team comp with 3v3 it's going to be painful.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 10
4. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 10 Jun 17, 2017, 19:49 Slick

lol.

TBH the 40-man gameplay wasn't that impressive, it just seemed that no one really knew what they were doing. It was spawn die spawn die until you have enough credit to get a hero then have fun for 60 seconds.

I think that the fundamental changes they make should be an improvement, but I don't know, it looks like they might have totally gotten rid of regenerating health? And the blaster accuracy seemed to degrade very quickly?

News Comments > Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week
5. Re: Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week Jun 17, 2017, 11:14 Slick

Just picked it up for $30 on a greymarket site, I've heard that it's more MOBA than classic DoW game, which I understand the fans might not like, but that's music to my ears. The earlier titles in the series didn't really buzz me for longer than a few hours.  

News Comments > Quake Champions BJ Blazkowicz Trailer
1. Re: Quake Champions BJ Blazkowicz Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 18:02 Slick

..... oh i just woke up  

3198 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo