Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3574 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Financial Results
9. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 31, 2018, 00:55 Slick

The emperor's scorched earth this was from the novels actually, the game just ran with it.

And it's not until the 4th mission that you switched. the first few have several phases to them, switching from starfighters and ground combat.

The writing wasn't bad at all, for a game it was quite decent, and Hask's voice acting was top notch.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 31, 2018, 00:18 Slick

Kxmode wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 23:41:
In Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II, nearly 70% of players engaged in the single-player campaign.

And nearly 100% were disappointed.

I've heard nothing but good reviews from people on blues concerning it... are you getting your "facts" from the reddit hate pool?

I thought it was alright, the Lando and Luke missions were the standouts. But I'm not a big SP kinda guy, so it was solid, but nothing amazing for me personally.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

News Comments > Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October
2. Re: Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October Jan 30, 2018, 23:46 Slick

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 23:12:
Wow, another Battlefield already? BF1 has barely gotten the kinks worked out, and the DLCs aren't even all out yet.

Of course it shouldn't be surprising, EA is profit over quality all day long, but still.

Battlefield games have had at MOST a 24-month release schedule since the FIRST title in the series, Battlefield 1942 back in 2002. Literally 16 years of precedent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_(video_game_series)

So this is actually right on schedule.

And BF1 hasn't gotten the kinks worked out? Are you serious? First off it launched in pretty good shape for a BF game, far better than BF4 or BF3. And the franchise in the last 4 years has enjoyed VERY good post-launch support from DICE LA. I don't know where you're pulling this out of.

But you know, continue to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt. You have a pretty captive audience for that shit in the gaming world.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 30, 2018, 23:38 Slick

double post  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 30, 2018, 23:37 Slick

1) I have all the characters I play maxed out within about 2 months after launch, and I play all game modes, heroes, enforcers, starfighters etc. These paid loot crates mean nothing to anyone who actually plays the game regularly, as regularly as the grind in any Battlefield title for instance. Speaking of which, the last 3 Battlefield games have all had paid shortcut kits to unlock perks and guns released a few months after launch, no one cared. Battlefront at least has no way of ever paying to unlock better guns, which is the only thing that can win a 1v1, as no starcards improve base troopers' health or damage output.

2) I'm enjoying the free DLC content, not dealing with season passes, the extra money it would cost me, and the fragmentation of the playerbase.

3) I'm enjoying the game as a whole, it's quite fun.

4) you're joking with the "top 100 on Steam right?" I know people are pretty uninformed when it comes to this game, but that made me lol.

Like the Human Torch says: "Flame on."

5. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 30, 2018, 23:10 Slick

It's funny how they mention BF1, a game that shipped in 2016...

2017 was pretty bad, with ME3 and SWBF2 each getting a lot of negative press, even though they were both solid games, SWBF2 I'd say is actually pretty good.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
47. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 17:16 Slick

MeanJim wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 22:08:
This is proof that MS doesn't give a shit about gaming. They just want XBONE exclusive titles to sell more XBONES. If they gave a shit about gaming, they would make games for all gamers on all platforms.

By this logic Sony should be the ultimate evil in gaming, as they have 10x the exclusives than MS does for their respective consoles.

Also, MS has the whole crossplay with Win 10. I play Gwent, Forza 7, and Shadow of War on my xbox and PC, with my save games automatically migrating between them. Only one of those titles is a first-party exclusive too...

MS just needs to invest in some studios, and not worry about buying out major publishers. If something like EA fell to MS, that would be pretty bad for gaming IMO. EA, Ubi are good equalizers by making a lot of games for all platforms. You take they equality away and the industry as a whole becomes more fragmented.

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek
16. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 28, 2018, 18:52 Slick

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 17:33:
How many of you have actual experience in court?
Even if you are right, it doesnt mean you win the case. Corruption, bad laws and outright dumb lawyers/judges are a huge thing. Which is why many issues dont get dragged in front of a court, because people cant afford risking a loss, even though they know they are 100% right.

These are gamers, who all %100 believe in their armchair convictions.

My dad and brother are lawyers, and a good friend is one too. I find this case interesting to watch unfold, but I don't for a moment believe that with my infinite armchair wisdom I have a clue about who is in the right or wrong here.

Let due process take it's course, and enjoy your popcorn.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 22:27 Slick

lol.

We're still far away from Mutant League Football, or more realistically Smash TV, but we're getting closer and closer!

Anyone remember that extreme basketball league with trampolines built into the court? That was tits. I think the injury rate was rather high.

News Comments > For Honor Season 5 Next Month Will Add Dedicated Servers
1. Re: For Honor Season 5 Next Month Will Add Dedicated Servers Jan 25, 2018, 20:38 Slick

If this game launched with this, I would have considered playing it.

The fact that it's limited to 4v4 and all P2P connections for MP made it a pass for me, even if I found the combat somewhat interesting.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 25, 2018, 14:04 Slick

Nullity wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 13:21:
I wish they'd release just the single-player campaign separately. I have zero interest in the PvP or supporting their loot box nonsense (even after they removed most of it - it's the principle), but I'm sort of interested in checking out the campaign. Maybe once it hits a super low price.

I mean, I get your angle, I just don't see the "it's the principle" part. They listened to the outcry, they removed all pay-2-lootbox elements from the game, and they're still delivering all post-launch DLC for free.

The SP campaign is pretty good, but not worth $60, maybe $20. But the MP is so fun, especially the heroes v villains, it's just ridiculously entertaining. The amount of "WTF moments" when you add all those force powers, physics, and abilities make it feel kinda like a MOBA with just the heroes, in a good way.

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 25, 2018, 12:22 Slick

pagb wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 11:06:
opie wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 22:52:
Is this where they undo the launch day change and Vader takes a month to get again? LOL
There was so much BS being said about how long it took to unlock a hero. Within the first 5 hours of gameplay I already had earned more than enough credits to get Darth... So get over it already.

Not to say that unlocking the heroes first is a idiotic approach.

The level of dishonesty perpetuated by the reddit community, and by all the major youtubers around the launch of this game was ridiculous. And even more hilarious was how FAST the majority of the gaming public sided with them, even though they got the facts all wrong.

It's almost as if an angry mass of gamers can be manipulated like sheep to reinforce a narrative, facts be damned. And what narritive is more enticing than EA= the devil?

I've seen it on this forum a dozen times around the launch of this game, I spoke truth, and I was clobbered for it. Same old shit, being a shill, being "in league with the devil" etc. etc.

And yet people STILL believe that it takes a month to get Vader, and that it takes 6000+ hours to unlock everything in the game. It's utter nonsense. The progression is about the same as any DICE game. Oh and the paid crates were stopped BEFORE the game's launch day. Does that matter? NOPE! 90% of gamers still believe that the game is still pay-2-win.

Facts don't matter, as long as you can manipulate people's emotions. Shit, that's how Trump is president.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2018, 00:56 Slick

That's a great little piece by Burger King there...

Take something that everyone is used to getting on-demand, equally, for everyone, and then just artificially slow it down unless you pay for quick access.

If only the marketing department could convince the bean counters that a shortened 60-90sec version of this should appear on television... I mean, it's great publicity for them, far more impactful than any "regular" fast food ad I've ever seen, and it's stuck in my head.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 25, 2018, 00:39 Slick

hear hear!  

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 25, 2018, 00:27 Slick

I have all purples for the 3 slots that I use in every trooper class, enforcer, aerial, interceptor, vader, luke palp, leia, and Maul's scimitar.

It really isn't that hard, I mean I put in about 350 hours into BF1 and I haven't unlocked all of the guns you have to grind for...

You can get about 1 purple per full day of playing, 1.5 if you're good. So in a weekend you can fill up whatever trooper you use most with purples without much trouble. If you play blast, it goes even faster.

Something about this game keeps me coming back, it's not so much a shooter, as a race. Once the round starts in GA it's first to vehicle, then first to hero. If you're good at video games it's EXTREMELY satisfying dominating in this game. And even when I'm not doing so hot, I can always get in a vehicle, starfighter, jetpack, wookie etc. And the base Officer class is OP as hell anyways, can't tell you how many heroes I've 1v1'd with that class...

News Comments > Xbox Game Pass Also Good for Win10
4. Re: Xbox Game Pass Also Good for Win10 Jan 24, 2018, 16:19 Slick

Oh, I just read that any games you DL and play through this Xbox Pass program you can play offline for 30 days.

So again... I don't understand the winge.

This cuts out the garbage streaming of OnLive and PSN Now, you can play games offline, and it includes first-party titles ON RELEASE DAY. These facts make it arguably the most appealing "netflix" style gaming service in existence. If only there were enough first-party games worth getting excited about, if they fix that, this will be a no-brainer for anyone with the console, and maybe even a reason enough for others to try the console. I'd say it's quite an about-face from the "always on" internet check-ins for retail games that was proposed before the XBone launch.

News Comments > Xbox Game Pass Also Good for Win10
3. Re: Xbox Game Pass Also Good for Win10 Jan 24, 2018, 15:59 Slick

Graham wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 15:12:
People kicked and screamed when Microsoft tried to take away their games with an always-online service that had to check in every 24 hours.

Now they're literally begging for it. They're fully committing to games as a service here in every sense of the word.

Good job trying to confuse the issue.

Having a disc you buy at retail requiring an online connection is not the same as a "Netflix-style" buffet of games that *surprise* require an online connection to download. Or do you think they're going to release a 100+ disc collection of games that you can rent for $11.99 a month?

You know that Playstation has had a similar games-streaming-as-a-service thing for years right? Except with theirs, it's all video streamed with lag. Being able to DL the games and play them natively is a much better solution. Both require an internet connection. Oh and Playstation is all back-catalogue games, whereas MS will let NEW first party games on the service. That's a big distinction don't you think?

I swear to god, there are no "fact" facts anymore.

If you'd said something about how MS has a paltry selection of exclusive games, you'd have a point. If you pointed out that MS have made no real announcements to show that they're changing this behaviour in the future, you'd have a point. So why lead with the distortion?

News Comments > Assassin’s Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones Trailer
4. Re: Assassin’s Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones Trailer Jan 23, 2018, 22:15 Slick

If they did reuse the same map, they could create content for years... the map is ridiculously huge, it's like 20x Skyrim easily.

I just can't seem to beat this game, i just go off and explore, and it never ends. I just wish the RPG dialogue part was better. They have the mechanics of an epic open world RPG, the combat is really tight, and map/engine are simply epic.

Here's my 1-graph review:

It falls down because most quests are: "go here" "observe something heinous that has occurred" "assassinate some dudes". But even that loop is very enjoyable simply because the world feels alive, vast, and ripe for adventuring.

News Comments > Epic on the Future of Paragon
7. Re: Epic on the Future of Paragon Jan 17, 2018, 17:59 Slick

"stop focusing on short match times"

Well, back when I played this, Matches were usually 40-50 minutes... so yeah, that's a bit long. Especially considering getting a leaver after 30 minutes ruins the game for the other 9 remaining players...

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]
16. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 16:01 Slick

Lol, we loved the cup noodle mission in our household, made us go on a ramen bender for the next week.  

3574 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo