Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3576 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Origins Adds Discovery Tour and Game+
4. Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins Adds Discovery Tour and Game+ Feb 21, 2018, 00:20 Slick

Watching a stream of this right now, it's really well done, it reminds me of like a Disney World kind of tour, at least the tone of the narrator really nails that vibe. But it's totally well done, actually educational, not just edutainment.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Biomutant Trailer
2. Re: Biomutant Trailer Feb 20, 2018, 03:54 Slick

I should expand on this, it looks amazing, but this game SCREAMS of scope creep. I mean my god, just from this trailer look at how many systems they want in the game, and all working perfectly. I can imagine this would be a nightmare to code. At least the acquisition means that it will probably see the light of day, I just hope that they let it cook until it's ready, because GOD DAMN there's a lot of concepts going on in there. Kinda makes Breath of the Wild look like ginger beer.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

News Comments > Biomutant Trailer
1. Re: Biomutant Trailer Feb 20, 2018, 03:49 Slick

HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!

This game looks fucking incredible!!!!!

WTF

*THROWS MONEY AT SCREEN*

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Details
7. Re: Metal Gear Survive Details Feb 18, 2018, 03:40 Slick

I agree with the sentiment that the dev knows best, as a bit of an artist, I respect vision.

I don't think that a shoddy control port from consoles to PC falls within that camp.

That being said, I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the super generic boring as fuck superhero movie(s) this year. Yeah, had about enough of the masses getting their way with how artists make their art. And yes, videogames are sure as fuck art.

News Comments > GTA Online Tax Refunds and Rebates
1. Re: GTA Online Tax Refunds and Rebates Feb 17, 2018, 16:57 Slick

The rich get richer.  

News Comments > Fe Released
3. Re: Fe Released Feb 16, 2018, 18:18 Slick

Looks neat, if I played these kinds of games. At least it looks well-produced.  

News Comments > Space Invaders Extreme Invades
2. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Invades Feb 13, 2018, 17:33 Slick

I love schmups, I wish they got more love in the american markets. the Japanese CAVE shooters are a rare sight in arcades, and even less frequently on xboxes. Even the playstation catalogue has really died down, PS2 had a lot of them, PS3 dried up a lot...

I have a very "ready player one" relationship with Raiden, as there was a convenience store next to my high school that has it, where for 25 cents I could get a solid 10-15 minutes of entertainment.

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
2. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 01:19 Slick

Motherfucker.

I hate MS for this.

They bought Mojang and their whole catalogue of 2 games. 1 of them they supported, it made them billions. the other they let rot on the vine, when it is (was) the BEST card-type game on the market. You know that billion dollar market that all the MTG clones have filled in in the past 2-3 years? Like they'd have a hard time marketing "FROM THE TEAM THAT BROUGHT YOU MINECRAFT". But no, they didn't toss up one red cent in advertising. The transition from beta to full launch went by without a whimper. I'll never forgive them for this, that game is so fucking fun. I also collected 3 copies of every card in the game... so sad

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 16:20 Slick

Me and the missus enjoyed Bright. Especially the treatment of modern-day elves, as their aesthetic and mannerisms translated perfectly to upper-class snobs in "today's world".

I thought the goodman cloverfield was okay, didn't hold a candle to the original cloverfield, two very different films. If this new one isn't that great I might skip it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor Feb 5, 2018, 15:59 Slick

None of this comes anywhere close to the outrageous practices that are rampant in the mobile gaming sector though.

I know I'm a huge DICE fanboi, but I really don't see how them:

A) being able to earn everything through normal progression in a reasonable timeline.

B) letting those who would pay $$$ for loot boxes bankroll all DLC for all players.

C) Making sure that there isn't one starcard that affects base trooper health or weapon damage.

is at all deserving of this "worst in class" shit.

I've been playing the South Park: Phone Destroyer mobile game, and GODDAMN that game is a fucking money sink. Which is hilarious because South Park actuall made an episode of their show ripping shady mobile gaming practises. And Phone Destroyer is nowhere near the worst of the worst, and in that game you need to keep spending money to get the normal grind worth of loot from playing the game, if you don't spend money, you get about 1/3rd of what you actually earn at the end of each round. You might have actually earned a SUPER LEGENDARY RARE card, but you'll never know it if you don't pay $$$ to flip over spots like a bingo card at the end of the round.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor Feb 4, 2018, 19:46 Slick

The last BO game had the worst lootboxes I've ever seen, so strange that they didn't get the hate they deserved.

The ONLY way to get the best guns in the game that gave you a SIGNIFICANT advantage in multiplayer was to get them through special loot crates. You had a random chance to earn one at the end of a round, but I played that game for about 150 hours and got exactly ZERO of them. I was not alone according to player reports. I bought the DLC and was awarded one of these crates, that had a gun that killed about 50% faster than anything earnable through normal progression.

I had the option of paying like $80 to get more chances to get these special gun crates.

Having game-progression tied to paid loot crates is divisive enough, but AT LEAST you'd think that it would be possible to get the same gear by just playing the game. 150 hours and zilch.

Fuck that.

News Comments > Far Cry Season Pass Details
12. Re: Far Cry Season Pass Details Feb 4, 2018, 19:39 Slick

"Where are the lootboxes?"

Really?

They're advertising a paid season pass before the game has even launched. If it had lootboxes, the comparison would be that all this DLC content would be free.

I can understand liking one model above the other, but I'll never understand this blind devotion to this industry-standard season pass shit that makes getting the full content of any AAA game a $100+ proposition. And the co-op will split the playerbase too. Nice.

Especially advertising the season pass BEFORE THE GAME HAS LAUNCHED. WTF.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released
10. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 14:47 Slick

23% off with the GMG code JUSTFORYOU means the final price was $30.32 USD.

At least the gmg login services are working again, bought it! xD

4. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 05:42 Slick

So it's $39.99 on GMG, and there's an extra %20 off you can get for the next 24 hours or so...

I was trying to throw money at my screen cause I'm impatient, but GMG is being stupid, I can't log in. password reset doesn't work. I tried making a new account, that doesn't work...

Sooooo fuck.

I know people are going nuts over monster hunter right now, but I've watched a lot of gameplay from that title, and I think I'd enjoy replaying this one a lot more. It's been a while since I played a solid JRPG.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 2, 2018, 05:24 Slick

I played it @ 4k on a PS4 Pro when it came out, and I think it looked better. Well, better for the framerate. I'm getting like 15-20 fps on high @ 4k with a 1080.

I think this frankenstien of an engine really needs proper drivers to shine. I don't know if they exist yet, but it's weird to launch a benchmarking tool when it doesn't run all that great.

The water reflections and shadows are still weird, same as on console, even on "high" settings on PC.

But whatever, just watching the combat makes me want to replay this game. It's very fast and fluid but was kind of a nightmare on console with a fixed FOV and 30 FPS is you're lucky. Just to play it @ 1080p @ 60 fps would be worth it. Although I'd probably push for 1440p.

Nox's sword particle effects gives me the warm fuzzies.

1. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 1, 2018, 23:03 Slick

Waited 15 years to replay this, not going to do it for $60. To the bargain bin!  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 1, 2018, 22:49 Slick

Cool, DLing the benchmark tool now.

This looks to be a very good PC port, just the way the grass works is such a visual upgrade. Yeah, it's tainted with Gameworks, but whatever... in other news, water is wet.

News Comments > Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer
4. Re: Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer Feb 1, 2018, 15:56 Slick

This looks nearly identical to the first AoT game, which was alright...

The whole concept needs a proper PC concept build.

With the dexterity of KB+M, you could turn this game into a twitchy MONSTER of a game.

BUT, they designed it for a controller, so most of the battle gameplay is automated, the rest is very hand-holdey. You automatically swing around them, and you have to LET GO of a button to attack. Very dumbed-down combat IMO to cater for the controller.

Control is everything to me, especially in a game that should be twitchy. Take away control and I say boo.

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
12. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:35 Slick

Is that supposed to be a list of EA studios closing? Bullfrog was bought and shuttered by Microsoft, no?  

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
4. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 15:36 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 14:55:
All those hipsters playing Battlefront II over on reddit

they're going nuts over rumors of DICE adding characters from the prequels like general grievous and Anikin Skywalker, before that incident where he burned himself in some hot lava.

"Crispy Anakin" is the official name

Also, yeah, it's pretty cool to see people jacked over prequel content. The prequels did have some serious art assets to make use of, and they really shine in Frostbite. Still, those movies had some SERIOUS problems. The Neon Noir fan edit took care of most of them, still... pretty atrocious.

I have no idea how anyone could compare those movies to the Disney-era ones. EP7 and EP8 were both very good. EP7 was very fan-servicey, and EP8 was a good departure from all of that. But still they were well executed, well-storyboarded, directed, shot, written etc. EP 8 grows on me more and more, there's a lot of stuff going on in that movie. Only Blade Runner 2049 was a better blockbuster in 2017 IMO.

3576 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo