Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3203 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 04:20 Slick

Sempai wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:14:
And i'm as guilty as the rest of my fellow gamers who still get excited about games, but this growing trend just makes me sad inside.

Lol.

You said that DLC is a "growing trend".

I think you need to leave your cave more often Osama Walker Bush.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 19, 2017, 04:18 Slick

No wai.

Valve's brain-drain continues while they're focused on releasing a 20+ year old game in China. Good lookin' out Gabe!

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2017, 04:15 Slick

I would LOOOOOOOOOOVE to hear WaltC chime in on this.

He fits perfectly into this Venn diagram shit sandwich:

1) He uses the internet

2) He votes for Trump

Man, what squealish delights would be in store to see him try to square them circles.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2017, 16:11 Slick

Oh I'd bet the farm that the CERN shot is %100 legit.

My wife actually helped build the Atlas detector, there were lots of post-docs from around the world who helped build it. Man, lots of stories of people dropping their tools down "the pit" xD

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month
5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month Sep 15, 2017, 13:27 Slick

Jivaro wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 01:20:
I keep thinking Activision is going to have to up their game with the COD franchise and yet they don't really and they still sell it like they were selling water in the Sahara. All these other shooters out there, from Destiny to Overwatch to whatever and COD still sells with minimal changes compared to the sometimes very drastic changes that a series like Battlefield makes from year to year.

I mean, if it sells I guess Activision is smart for doing it this way. I just don't get it from a consumer point of view. I mean, even the zombies are derivative.

Well, I'd agree with you that DICE put far more effort into upgrading and improving and re-designing and re-finagling their ENGINE than the CoD series, but the core gameplay is largely the same since 1942.

That is with the exceptions of the most creative, inventive and "outside of the box" titles like Hardline, and 2142. Which ironically was harshly criticized by throngs of angry gamers that these additions to the series were "just mods", and claimed it was the "same thing", even though no one seemed to mind when BF3 and BF4 were essentially the same game. Which is hilarious and ironic and super weird.

Anyways, fuck CoD. They have no reason to not have the best engine/platform for FPS games by now. They infact have quite the opposite.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
10. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 14, 2017, 23:05 Slick

Everyone knows that Cloud Imperium misled people almost as bad as Hillary Clinton.

#AMIRITEWALT?

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month Sep 14, 2017, 22:38 Slick

..... oh I just woke up. Is it the same tripe? probably... back to sleep... zzzzz

For the most popular FPS franchise of all time (at least as far as sales are concerned... i think) they certainly seem keen to keep the bar as low as possible.

Still based on a mutilated fork from the Quake 3 engine? probably.

How many billions has this franchise made? Think they could throw a few mil on some engine builders? NAHHHHHHHHHHH

/rant

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 14, 2017, 14:49 Slick

"There is a situation where players look at numbers on Steam; that doesn't happen on PlayStation 4. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but you look at PC, [concurrent user] health versus PS4, PS4 is doing fine," he said. "People cough up 30 bucks and hop online and they don't overthink it. On PC there is you wanting to declare something a success or a bomb by this internet culture that loves to just observe things."

Say what you want about his prickly demeanour, this guy is one of the only ones in the industry who isn't afraid to call shit like it is. Nobody looks at player counts on consoles. Meanwhile, us PC players just sit here and snipe at the OBVIOUS FAILURE of this game from afar, without most of us having even played it. This is indeed a failure, but really it's a failure of PC gamers.

I'm becoming more and more confident in my Xbox One X pre-order decision every day.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 14, 2017, 14:45 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 13:07:
There are a ton of reasons why this game fails on PC.

1. Too much competition in the FPS realm right now with PUBG, the ever-present CS:GO, TF2, R6, etc.

This is a bullshit argument (most of the rest of your arguments are bullshit too).Every year in gaming is the year with the "most FPS players ever". There is room for more than 4-5 games. I don't remember only 4 Drama movies being released last year because of the "over saturation of the Drama genre in movies". I don't remember only 5 Political Humour books being published in the last year cause everyone only reads one of 5 books.

Only gamers (particularly PC gamers) have this tribal herd mentality. That's why Overwatch has a billion players, and LB has zero. One game isn't fundamentally better than the other, they're 2 different arena games.

I wonder how much of that is people playing thinking they're going to be an e-sports champion with a Bliz game, or somehow make a career as a youtube/twitch streamer. I miss when people just played games for fun. And you can't tell me that from an objective perspective OW is a billion times more fun than LB.

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
37. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 14:15 Slick

Ech, if you're willing to spend 45K on vaporware, you should be willing to lose 45K on vaporware. Sure, I guess they didn't know the extent of the delays and/or lies when they signed up, and I am happy they got their money back...

I just kinda hoped that they got stiffed and were out the 45K, because then this would be a cautionary tale of spending way too much money on a fucking kickstarter, which should be the only real lesson anyone can take from this hot mess.

News Comments > Play The Division Free This Weekend
1. Re: Play The Division Free This Weekend Sep 12, 2017, 20:49 Slick

i WISH I STILL CARED ABOUT THIS GAME, i DON'T, BUT IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED

*not retyping that, it's not that important

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2017, 13:55 Slick

Nier must have been on sale, too bad they still haven't fixed the PC version. Don't have time to fiddle to get a proper working framerate/resolution/aspect ratio etc. that shit is a non-starter for me nowadays.  

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
14. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 13:53 Slick

If 3.0 is when character persistence begins, then that's when a lot of people will start playing. When is that happening?  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
17. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 03:12 Slick

|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 02:39:
Heltorne wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 23:57:
Sheesh, don't you people ever get sick of the cliche negativity about almost everything?

Blue's comment section has been a cesspit for some time. I tried for a period to call people out on always being so negative, and it just falls on deaf ears. There are quite a few good posters but the loud always-negatives drown out anything worthwhile.

CJ_Parker, Cutter are the biggest offenders by a long shot.

While they're the worst of the bunch, they're by no means outliers of a larger trend, as you state. The problem comes when people pile onto whatever "everyone's mad at" and it cascades to over 50% of posters on here.

All that it would take to combat it is a simple reply to one of the "good" posters with a "thumbs up" of sorts, to show that they're not alone.

It's easy to pile on to a bitching match, it takes balls to stand with someone obviously alone as a source of sanity.

13. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 01:36 Slick

What's a pro-tard?

I'm assembling my fuckwit to English dictionary, I'd appreciate a proper definition.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 9, 2017, 01:05 Slick

Cool beans, thanks for the tip blue. I just ordered 2 (free) tickets for the general expo floor. Considering it's about 5 blocks from where I live, it's hard to pass up. On a similar note, there's a DreamHack Montreal tourney going on this weekend about 3 blocks in the other direction, MTL <3 Gaming.  

10. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 00:59 Slick

Heltorne wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 23:57:
Sheesh, don't you people ever get sick of the cliche negativity about almost everything?

That's usually my line, but come on, you have to be able to call a spade a spade. It's widely considered "good form" to launch a new game and give it time to breathe, to let the customers who just plonked down (in my case) $80 CAD to feel like they're getting their money's worth.

Announcing the first xpack 3 days after launch is bad form. It's not a death sentence, and there are worse and more insidious practises in the industry... but I think we can come together and at the very least admit to ourselves that this is in poor taste.

4. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 21:04 Slick

This is Activision at its greatest, the game has been out for what, 3 days on console? Still 6 weeks away to even come out on PC, and they're already talking expansions.

Don't get me wrong, I like expansion packs, or as the kids call em "DLC", if I'm actually enjoying a game and want more content, but this is absurd. You don't do it 3 days after launch. The contempt they have for their customers is so thick you could spread it on toast.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Character Creation
7. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Character Creation Sep 8, 2017, 01:57 Slick

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 22:00:
Towlie bonus content! Lol! So awesome! Actually can't wait for this season of SP. My understanding is they're dumping the overarching stories and politics and just getting back to the old random silly episodes. About time too. The first several seasons were the best. I love stuff like the guys from Korn arguing if they're 'pirate ghosts' or 'ghost pirates'.

Supposedly Trey Parker is the silly one, and Matt Stone is the one that pushes the social commentary. I like both, but I do agree that it's gotten a bit social lately... still great premises derived from current headlines, no other show can do that within 1 week.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Arena Announced
1. Re: Magic: The Gathering Arena Announced Sep 7, 2017, 20:48 Slick

They had what, a 25-year lead on this? And a virtual monopoly for much of that time? UNNACCEPTABRUUUU

Also, fuck MTG, the mana system makes the game not very fun to play. If you draw a hand with no lands, or all lands, then you pretty much lose and you waste 2 people's time. The way post other post-MTG CCGs manage the mana pool is a lot better.

Personally, I liked the system in Scrolls, where every turn you could choose to sac a card to get +1 "mana crystals", or sac a card and draw 2 new cards. It meant you were never stuck with a shitty hand for too long, or stuck without mana.

3203 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo