Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3621 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 24, 2018, 15:06 Slick

That's pretty big news, ISO keeping their rep intact.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon Apr 24, 2018, 12:22 Slick

Wonder what's happening with Incursions :/  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

News Comments > Overload Next Month
2. Re: Overload Next Month Apr 23, 2018, 12:37 Slick

SAWEEEET!

I actually cancelled receiving my free copy back when i was reviewing for that sketchy website, cause I wanted to buy this baby at full price.

Descent 1 saw my first multiplayer match, and will forever live with me.

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
27. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 23:00 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:26:
How long before the layoffs?
It's Valve, not Electronic Arts.

I guess it's hard to lay people off when you only have 2% of the workforce of the other, also you stopped making games a long time ago.

13. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 17:24 Slick

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:23:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:26:
How long before the layoffs?

More like how long before the employers run away from Valve's dysfunctional management practices.

Do you mean employees? I highly doubt that, people will line up around the block to get in on that office.

11. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 16:56 Slick

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 15:26:
Valve said they'd be releasing games again.. just not making them, it seems.

Just like every game they've released since Half Life?

They've all been mods they've bought the rights to, or other studios they've bought out. They forgot how to make an original IP 2 decades ago.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed
11. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 18:04 Slick

I like SS, but for me, nothing beats the original PainKiller for that classic singpleplayer FPS action. I know SS came first, but the physics in Painkiller (first implementation of Havok I think?, first in a major title at least) just NAAAAAAAAAILED it (with a giant wooden stake gun).  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Rupture Map Freed; Shock Operations Plans
4. Re: Battlefield 1 Rupture Map Freed; Shock Operations Plans Apr 19, 2018, 16:20 Slick

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 15:53:
The problem is that official servers run all maps in rotation, crashing "non season pass players" violently out of the game randomly, and that is also why I quit playing BF1.

Compared to BF4 it's inferior in every way.

Ps.: This is the real reason
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

Exactly, the tail-end of these releases are dismal. Because 90% of people who will buy a season pass probably do it in the first few months, and then there's no real continuing revenue stream after 6 months from launch.

I will say though, BF4's Naval DLC expansion fucking killed me. It was set it a tropical paradise with hovercrafts, heli's jets, and fucking AIRCRAFT CARRIERS. With a full hommage to the "Titan" game mode from 2142 in it. And guess what? 2 months after that DLC came out you LITERALLY couldn't find populated servers playing ANY of the maps from that DLC (on PC at least). That shit enraged me to no end. The players didn't even have enough time to figure out how to properly PTFO in that "titan" mode with teh carriers before the numbers dropped to 0. SO AGGRAVATING.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2018, 15:07 Slick

Too much Ibuprophen is bad, but nowhere near as bad as too much Acetaminophen.  

News Comments > New Ryzen CPU Reviews
12. Re: New Ryzen CPU Reviews Apr 19, 2018, 15:05 Slick

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 12:26:
Slick wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 12:18:
Anandtech's gaming bench numbers seem to be more than a little out-of-whack with numbers that other sites are getting...

They claim to have benched with the Meltdown and Spectre fixes, which seem to have gimped Intel's offerings, while leaving these new AMD's largely unaffected. That could be a reason to see the numbers sway so wildly, but people in the comments sections don't seem convinced of that.
I thought Meltdown and Spectre fixes would not affect gaming.
If only one site is an outlier I would not trust their results.

I thought that the Melt/Spec fixes DID affect gaming. That was the whole thing about the story when it broke that Intel dun fucked up, that implementing the fixes would see significant dips in gaming performance. I think the Spectre fix in particular is more damaging in this respect, the Meltdown should be done automatically by the OS if you're up-to-date, while Spectre has to be deployed through a bios update by the mobo vendor. I think???

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Rupture Map Freed; Shock Operations Plans
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Rupture Map Freed; Shock Operations Plans Apr 19, 2018, 14:54 Slick

Looks like they're shifting further and further away from a season pass...

I've always said that the season pass model is the worst thing for these AAA games. maybe 15-20% of people buy it, so the servers are empty soon after each DLC pack in released, just segments the community. It's like a dumb gamer tax.

If they totally get rid of it for Battlefield V I'll be soooo happy, cosmetics only would be the best thing to happen to this studio, and the AAA industry. Give us all the post-launch game content for free, keep the servers full for longer, dont' split the playerbase, and pay for it all with cosmetics. I'm so down with that.

If 1 in 5 people buys a $50 season pass, then you only need the average player to spend $10 in skins across the lifetime of the game to break even, and they'll probably go higher than that.

News Comments > New Ryzen CPU Reviews
6. Re: New Ryzen CPU Reviews Apr 19, 2018, 12:18 Slick

Anandtech's gaming bench numbers seem to be more than a little out-of-whack with numbers that other sites are getting...

They claim to have benched with the Meltdown and Spectre fixes, which seem to have gimped Intel's offerings, while leaving these new AMD's largely unaffected. That could be a reason to see the numbers sway so wildly, but people in the comments sections don't seem convinced of that.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2018, 12:12 Slick

A BR mode using Frostbite would be great.

It's funny that Ubisoft has said that it would be too much work to implement a BR mode to Wildlands, probably becuase that game's sales have totally tapered off, and they can't justify spending more development on it. The Wildlands existing map and engine would be PERFECT for a BR mode, Ubi really let this one slip through their fingers IMO, and looks like EA and DICE will be there to pick up the slack.

The engine, vehicle mechanics, and all the amazing art assets should make a Battlefield BR mode pretty great. And maybe I'll actually play it, as I've been taking a break from BR games for the last 6+ months as I was just getting bored of em.

News Comments > A Way Out Sells 1M
14. Re: A Way Out Sells 1M Apr 15, 2018, 07:58 Slick

Apparently, EA doesn't even make money from this. Yes, you read that right. They recoup all the development costs and then everything after that goes straight to the developer.  

News Comments > Radical Heights Launched
16. Re: Radical Heights Launched Apr 11, 2018, 13:49 Slick

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 15:58:
Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 15:17:
And everyone involved on this thought 'Yeah, this is gonna' be fucking radical, bro!'? Wow. Just wow.

However, never underestimate the negativity and cynicism among gamers. A game like this, even if it were good, would likely suffer the same response. The wounds are still fresh from LB. It's the game equivalent of a parent beating their child (shut down LB) and then two days later throwing a party (Rad Heights announcement and launch). Parent, "Oh, I didn't hit you hard! Hey, have some cake! It's rad."

More like:

"Oh shit, I bet your college tuition on a bad horse, sorry kid!"

*two days later*

"Hey champ, I just hacked together this lemonade stand, people love buying lemonade right? Daddy needs some money to turn the power back on"

I think it's pretty obvious their studio is probably on the brink of bankruptcy. They dug a pretty big hole with LawBreakers, not sure how many investors would be lining up to sink money into their next project. It makes sense to get it out the door and making SOME kind of cash ASAP before they completely dissolve.

My only hope for this game is that it SOMEHOW adds LB as a playable mini-game inside Radical Heights, because LB deserves to be played, it's a really solid game.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
30. Re: 007bistromath@gmail.com Apr 3, 2018, 00:39 Slick

It's funny, since SteamOS was announced I'm pretty sure Microsoft Studios have released more games than Valve has, and still Steam is still the undisputed juggernaut gaming store, while the Windows store is still a joke.

The sky didn't fall, crazy!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 28, 2018, 16:28 Slick

So if you pay a monthly subscription, you get to play the MMO earlier, therefore giving you a distinct advantage over other players.

How is this not Pay2Win?

News Comments > Open World Star Wars Game Plans?
21. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 25, 2018, 13:59 Slick

Also, the BLASTER BRAIN easter egg seems to just work with any blaster hero lol. I've farmed more than 100,000 credits this way. Event lasts for another 12 hours or so (I think)  

20. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 25, 2018, 13:48 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 04:02:
Slick wrote on Mar 24, 2018, 23:41:
Also, I made a stupid video of pushing heroes off ledges on the new Bespin map that sucks and no one cares about. WANNA SEE?

https://youtu.be/2xNh4hPfopQ

LOL, looks like you fell quite a few times yourself.

A game that's genuinely fun even when you're losing is a very endearing quality to me.

Also to whoever said they'd only play this if bots all modes splitscreen kids etc...

Just sayin.. there's a WAVE of noobies in this game right now. It's kind of frustrating in HvV as people genuinely don't know how to play the objective, but it's indicative of many people learning the mechanics for the first time. This will be different in a week from now, or a month from now, or 3 months from now. But at the moment it's noooooooooooooooob city.

15. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 24, 2018, 23:57 Slick

quick update, it seems to work with Phasma too.  

3621 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo