Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3576 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: How Long Do Hard Drives Last? 2018 Hard Drives Stats. May 2, 2018, 13:46 Slick

I emailed you that Anandtech link a week ago Blue =p  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Community Weekend
1. Re: Battleborn Community Weekend May 2, 2018, 13:39 Slick

Did this become free-to-play yet? I can't remember.

Anyways, I remember it being wikkid fun for people that enjoy FPSes and MOBAs (unlike Paragon, which was dogshit). But it was also impossible to find matches. Average matchmaking time was like 10+ minutes

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
9. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 13:34 Slick

Ozmodan wrote on May 2, 2018, 13:00:
Yep, the monetization killed this game, I don't know anyone still playing it.

You would think that Activision would take a hint about such issues, but no, they blindly go about their way....

I'm sure they are keenly aware of the current dismal player numbers on PC. If their whole thing is consistent revenue over time from player retention, they're crapping in their cornflakes right about now.

Which makes the timing of this announcement all the more hilarious.

Activision is fucking cancer. They have been doing actual P2W guns in their CoD games for like 4 years now. And I'm talking being able to play like $40 to get a gun that is BETTER than literally anything you can earn in-game. That's Activision.

News Comments > They Shall Not Pass Free for Battlefield 1
2. Re: They Shall Not Pass Free for Battlefield 1 May 2, 2018, 02:41 Slick

One more nail in the coffin of the season pass. Really hope they're seeing the wisdom in just ending that shit altogether and sell people skins instead.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2018, 13:29 Slick

Thanks for the post Blue!

And I thought that 2 months of recording clips was the hard part, sifting through that mess was a nightmare. But I think I isolated the best/funniest/fail-est ones.

At first, I was going to do like a 20 minute DJ mix and put my clips over that, but in the end I just found one good (and appropriate) song "Shoryuken Remix" and crammed them all in there.

It's almost too bad, because so many of the clips have really interesting lead-ins/lead-outs, but I think that the frenetic pace of the 2-second cuts is more engaging.

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
7. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Apr 28, 2018, 01:30 Slick

theglaze wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 20:23:
Yeah I picked it up a few weeks ago, doesn’t work with XB1 Controller. Could be a workaround on her forums.

Really? Well thanks mate, you just saved me a download. Too bad, as I've never played anything from this series, but I'm not futzing with workarounds for a 3-year-old game to work with the main controller designed by the platform-holder.

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
13. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 01:23 Slick

So... they went from identified, to tried, convicted and in jail in... how long? 10 minutes? GG China.

I think jail is a bit much if we were talking a western democracy, but I'm all for civil charges brought hard. If these guys were bankers they'd get a slap on the wrist afterall...

But legal action is totally the way forward. I always wondered how it feels for a developer to just watch their game get hacked, go to the hack suppliers' website, see blatant hacks for sale, and not being able to do anything about it.

PROBABLY because of how that conversation would go: *dring dring* "Hello, precinct 47" "Hi, I want to report some illegal activity, there are some guys that are cheating at a video game" *click* *dialtone*

The amount of bad shit that happens in today's world because we effectively have no police that are versed in dealing with online issues is staggering. I mean aside from like the FBI, but local cops (probably as far as you'll get trying to complain) just don't understand, and because of that they don't really seem to give a fuck, and therefore your complaint will never make it anywhere where someone could fix it. In that respect, China has us beat. Way to go Obama.

News Comments > Dreadnought Adds Conquest Mode
5. Re: Dreadnought Adds Conquest Mode Apr 26, 2018, 20:45 Slick

It's not something that real competitive people are looking at btw. It's silly fun that people take semi-seriously.

But yes, their monitization isn't great, BUT it's F2P... and they don't have the audience enough to have it coast on cosmetics alone (Ialthough I did buy 2 skins). It's more about paying for a 7, 14 or 30 day bonus XP boost, that doubles or triples your XP. Without it, it's a GRIIIIND to get your first Tier 4 ship.

My advice is go for the 7 or 14 day one, I bought a 30 day one and it was too much, I kept playing as I felt like I had to to get my moneys worth, but I was pretty burned out after 2 weeks.

BTW I got a Tier 5 ship, but no one else had them at the time, so there was never any matchmaking available. Literally never got to fly it :/

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2018, 20:41 Slick

Todd Howard trolls... why? I missed that part.  

News Comments > Dreadnought Adds Conquest Mode
3. Re: Dreadnought Adds Conquest Mode Apr 26, 2018, 14:21 Slick

I played it for a month straight a year ago, I REALLY like this game. I'm also mesmerized with what's going on in the minimap in this clip... that's all new, and nifty-lookin.

What I'm really waiting for is for nVidia to drop some fucking proper drivers for this title. Even with a GTX 1080 I played on low-med settings @ 1080p (not native 1440p). But the game looks SO FUCKING GORGEOUS on high settings, I mean, it's like a 2004 game compared to a 2018 game.

The rub is it uses UE4, which can produce very pretty graphics, but is just soooooo grossly unoptimized that it's only an excercise in frustration. I should reinstall just to see if they've made progress on it, because:

1) the gameplay is REALLY fun when you can maintain good frames
2) the game is REALLY pretty when you totally sacrifice playable frames (talking 100 fps to 35 fps)

So that's the UE4 Catch-22

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience
9. Re: PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience Apr 26, 2018, 02:27 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 00:34:
I thought this was going to be one of those joke simulators where you make a huge mess and try not to electrocute yourself.

Someone needs to port this to the Surgeon Simulator VR game.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2018, 01:21 Slick

"dropped the ball with keyboard and mouse support"

Honestly, why even release a fucking game for a platform if you can't even bother to patch in working controls?

Reminds me of that Platinum Games ditty last year, originally a PS4-only game, released on Steam, and STILL they don't have a working PC port that would make it past the first round of cuts from users coming from Greenlight.

BAHHHHH

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 25, 2018, 23:36 Slick

Oh Philips.... that is SO DUMB. It's not the first monitor to do anything, it's a fucking TV panel that comes with some PC ports. GUH.

Wake me when we have HDR1000 cert MONITORS (27', 144hz, 4k, etc) Oh right, Asus and Acer have had those on the back burner for over a year as there's no GPU that can power them yet. And from the looks of it, even the leaked 1180 from big green won't be up to the task, will have to wait for the ti edition if you wanna fill out those frames.

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience
5. Re: PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience Apr 25, 2018, 23:33 Slick

Great idea!

Also, I bet it was all about landing that first partner, and then the others would join. I'm hoping that it's success will mean that all major vendors will have their wares listed in this app (game?). It's a pretty great resource, and one of those WTF how did someone not think of this earlier!? games.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon
10. Re: Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon Apr 24, 2018, 17:03 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 15:06:
Slick wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 12:22:
Wonder what's happening with Incursions :/

Watched live streams of it, didn't look like something I'd bother downloading even if it were free. 5v5 Battlefield, lol okay. These small player count modes never work out. You can't expect randoms to play with the teamwork required and if you join a server with the other team stacked with a group of people using voice-coms and squad tactics you'll get stomped and quit the game. I took the whole thing as an experiment mode that will probably end up in the next Battlefield game.

Battlefield Royale sounds horrible, even if it's squad based. I want Battlefield 2143 with Titan mode, something objective based with an end game event to win the match.

DICE needs to stop "re-balancing" their games, they start out being fun and then they slowly bleed it out with one nerf patch after another.

Just for reference, I played 5v5 and 8v8 infantry in 2142 extensively, for 3 different teams. the small competitive modes are FUN AF. As long as there's Voip in-game, then a clan on discord has no real advantage.

Once there's more than 100 people playing the mode, the matchmaking and teambalance should sort out player skill levels.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 24, 2018, 15:06 Slick

That's pretty big news, ISO keeping their rep intact.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon Apr 24, 2018, 12:22 Slick

Wonder what's happening with Incursions :/  

News Comments > Overload Next Month
2. Re: Overload Next Month Apr 23, 2018, 12:37 Slick

SAWEEEET!

I actually cancelled receiving my free copy back when i was reviewing for that sketchy website, cause I wanted to buy this baby at full price.

Descent 1 saw my first multiplayer match, and will forever live with me.

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
27. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 23:00 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:26:
How long before the layoffs?
It's Valve, not Electronic Arts.

I guess it's hard to lay people off when you only have 2% of the workforce of the other, also you stopped making games a long time ago.

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
13. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 17:24 Slick

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:23:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:26:
How long before the layoffs?

More like how long before the employers run away from Valve's dysfunctional management practices.

Do you mean employees? I highly doubt that, people will line up around the block to get in on that office.

3576 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo