Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3575 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Ops IIII Announced
2. Re: Black Ops IIII Announcement May 17, 2018, 16:14 Slick

Tactical Dog spotted @ 2:09 lol

Oh man, I love how all the enemies in these trailers are just unable to shoot back, some of them even run away from the fight, getting shot in the back. SO 1337.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops IIII Announced
1. Re: Black Ops IIII Announcement May 17, 2018, 16:11 Slick

This will probably be one the stronger CoD releases in recent memory, as Treyarch is their core CoD studio after the mass exodus that Infinity Ward saw years ago when Activision decided to fuck over their entire dev staff from promised bonuses.

Still... is anyone actually excited for this? Even console gamers must have had experience brushing up against better FPS experiences by now, right?

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

News Comments > Black Ops IIII on Battle.net and More PC Features Revealed
3. Re: Black Ops IIII on Battle.net and More PC Features Revealed May 17, 2018, 16:02 Slick

Someone should tell these people how roman numerals work...

For the record I actually like Treyarch, they did CoD World at War which was amazing, but even with all of these "pro" PC features like uncapped framerates and OMG different resolution support... it's still just the same tired-ass old gameplay, the same tired small maps, the same tired gunplay, the same tired etc. etc. etc.

If they released the zombies mini-game as a standalone addon for $19.99 I'd consider it. But the core MP experience can fuck a duck.

News Comments > Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed
26. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 17, 2018, 15:32 Slick

jdreyer wrote on May 17, 2018, 13:36:
Slick wrote on May 17, 2018, 05:06:
https://i.redd.it/4fibjvsf6dy01.jpg

So, WW2 AGAIN. That's too bad.

Not BF WW2, it's BF 1945. So the naming convention would indicate that they could make an easy transition to BF 2143 in the future ^_^ *fingers crossed*

25. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 17, 2018, 15:30 Slick

I probably should have hidden that in a spoiler tag, but it was late at night when I caught that on the Battlefront reddit, just felt like reposting.

I'm curious as to what the Dragon Age - Dungeons and Dragons partnership thing is all about. If they could channel the DnD franchise for meaningful content, then that would bode well for the future of the DA franchise.

19. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 17, 2018, 05:10 Slick

LOC wrote on May 16, 2018, 17:00:
007Bistromath wrote on May 16, 2018, 15:45:
It's not 2143, so the only real question here is "how disappointing is it?"

Man I've give both my nuts for a sequel to 2142. Still one if not my favorite Battlefield games ever. I mean, 1942 was terrific but it hasn't aged so well now, but Battlefield 2 was amazing and still is. 2142 was like that, just with lasers and giant mechs. I don't know how long its gonna take DICE to go back to the future, if they ever do it.

THERE WERE NO LASERS!!!

That was the main complaint from so many friends that never played this after Battlefield 2... 2142 was all kinetic weaponry. All infantry fired bullets, only the Rorsch railgun emplacement was "laser-like" and even that was technically kinetic.

But yes, 2142 was the best Battlefield game ever.

I kinda hope they're holding 2142 for the next console generation when they'll have Ryszen CPUs, so we'll actually see some massive gameplay enhancements across all platforms.

18. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 17, 2018, 05:06 Slick

https://i.redd.it/4fibjvsf6dy01.jpg  

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal This Month?
4. Re: Battlefield V Reveal This Month? May 10, 2018, 19:16 Slick

aka_STEVE wrote on May 10, 2018, 11:19:
If these guys spent 1/2 the time making innovative maps or content as they do on super-involved NSA level secrets ,.... they'd be crushing COD a long time ago.

Their easteregg/ARGs are fucking legendary.

I did the big one in BF4, where you got the DICE.L.A. skin that's invisible to thermal.

I was on top of it right when it was breaking, and I found a server where we were all helping each other do it, so we'd each cover a button somewhere on the map, and just run people through it as fast as possible, with the server admins keeping a list of who was next in line. Took me about 8 hours helping out but I got my turn, everyone was super cool, I basically could just afk in windowed, I just had to listen on comms for when I was asked to push my button, which was hidden INSIDE the trunk of a tree you had to break on a very inaccessible hilltop.

Everyone was being very cool about it, I would have liked to be apart of the guys at the top actually figuring out the puzzles, but they had a system and were just doing it as fast as possible for as many people as possible. It was cool hearing them give notes to each other as they passed the torch to other admins when one had to sleep/goto work etc... they were all putting in long hours.

Man, the Battlefield community is really something else, and this is just a small cross-section of what it used to be...

News Comments > Battlefield V Includes "Single-Player Stories"
14. Re: Battlefield V Includes May 9, 2018, 20:35 Slick

jdreyer wrote on May 9, 2018, 16:04:
Slick wrote on May 9, 2018, 13:35:
I tried getting a job doing QA for this game, but it would require me moving to Stockholm... tempting but can't be done.
Sounds like you have Stockholm Syndrome.

Oh you... I can't even pretend to be upset, that was pretty good.

13. Re: Battlefield V Includes May 9, 2018, 20:34 Slick

For the record, I'm hoping for Vietnam. I know it'll probably be WW2, but they have the chops to handle the foliage of a proper Vietnam game with the latest version of Frostbite. Just look at how Endor looks in the SW games.  

5. Re: Battlefield V Includes May 9, 2018, 13:37 Slick

Prez wrote on May 9, 2018, 13:29:
The good: EA is actually still interested in singleplayer. +1

The bad: It's EA. -1000

Nice shitpost. but DICE and Battlefield have a legacy independent of their publisher and corporate overlords. This isn't FIFA. Good try tho.

4. Re: Battlefield V Includes May 9, 2018, 13:35 Slick

I tried getting a job doing QA for this game, but it would require me moving to Stockholm... tempting but can't be done.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 5, 2018, 17:26 Slick

Occult/Supernatural - 7/10... For a Pinball game.

JESUS.

News Comments > Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4
10. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 17:00 Slick

I can't wait to see their magnificent 12-man Battle Royale servers on the expansive NukeTown map though ^_^  

News Comments > Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4
8. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 16:49 Slick

They sound pretty serious.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
13. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 5, 2018, 04:31 Slick

I disagree with muscular about the AMD drivers. Nvid has this rep for having "perfect drivers" while AMD has "crap drivers". But in reality they're both 50/50. I can't tell you how many times I've had to roll back nVid drivers because of crashes, flickering, not all VRAM being utilized, or other weird and by any standards "totally unacceptable" shit to the nVid fanboy, but they still have this rep like they're godlike. Reminds me of how people think Valve is the best company for gaming and defend it to the death. The truth is always a bit murkier.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
6. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 4, 2018, 22:25 Slick

The partner program was shady for sure, it might be rebranded and come back, it might not.

but GAMEWORKS still lives and thrives and that is a bigger threat to the end product that we gamers play.

This isn't about me thinking about my next hardware purchase, this is about the framerate that my games experience today.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 3, 2018, 00:17 Slick

Count me as part of that 57%, never even really been tempted.

Well except for The Division when it came to light that everyone was hacking with freaking client-side hacks. They were using CheatEngine (which you use for singleplayer games) and it was working. I really liked the game, and I actually downloaded the program, I had my cursor hovering over the .exe with some actual high-profile clanmates in my ear telling me to do it LOL (it was ridiculous, if you weren't hacking at one point, you just died instantly because everyone else was). I hovered for about 5 minutes then deleted it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2018, 18:31 Slick

friv·o·lous
&#712;friv&#601;l&#601;s/Submit
adjective
not having any serious purpose or value.

I'd make an argument that whatever the content of the case may be. 2B is a lot of "value"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: How Long Do Hard Drives Last? 2018 Hard Drives Stats. May 2, 2018, 13:46 Slick

I emailed you that Anandtech link a week ago Blue =p  

3575 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo