Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3179 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect N7 Day
6. Re: Mass Effect N7 Day Nov 7, 2017, 22:53 Slick

How was I lied to?

How do you feel lied to?

Did you think that choices you made across the game, which had consequences throughout the franchise, would necessarily culminate in multiple totally different endings? I seem to have missed that memo.

I'm not so arrogant that I think that my vision for what a game should be is the "right" one.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S.
5. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 22:51 Slick

5 platforms, 2 generations, 1 very mechanically out-dated game...

Looking forward to RDR2, but Watch Dogs 2 is my go-to open-world silly-fest over GTAV.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 7, 2017, 21:59 Slick

nVidia is really trying to push out old stock with these slight rebrands, makes me think Volta is going to be announced at their conference thing they do in March 2018.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Twitter to expand 280-character tweets. Nov 7, 2017, 21:58 Slick

well at least...

.... Orange cancer's tweets....

...won't look like this...

...anymore.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 7, 2017, 21:56 Slick

Oh boy, MS out to "aquire studios", we've seen this story before...

Hopefully this time it goes better, as they really do need some first party titles.

PS4 has Detroit, Death Stranding, FF VII remake, Last of us, Uncharted 4, Horizon, and a buinch of other good shit that i can't think of right now.

This season Xbox has... Cuphead? LOL. Oh and another Forza game that apparently ripped all but one track from the last game in the series...guhhh...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 7, 2017, 21:53 Slick

Lol so he got "fired" cause they have a zero tolerance policy... what about criminal charges? It's not just BM, it's a felony Rolleyes

I didn't actually make it to the end of the article, maybe that did happen, just seemed like the team was more concerned about their own image...

News Comments > Mass Effect N7 Day
4. Re: Mass Effect N7 Day Nov 7, 2017, 21:51 Slick

How about a Xbox one X enhanced patch? Considering the PS4 pro got on, and the game is only 8 months old... NOPE!

Still a good franchise, whatever you think of the ending of ME3. I like developers who take chances, even if I don't like the outcomes, I think it's overall too rare with popular culture.

I can't honestly say I'd feel so much better if I just beat the bad aliens, restored peace to the galaxy, got a space mansion, and was awarded a bunch of medals and a million space bucks from the space government etc....

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
5. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 7, 2017, 21:46 Slick

I don't know, they said "microtransactions" specifically, not just downloadable content, which would encompass season passes, DLC etc. etc.

That's pretty crazy.

Well this could be good or bad, I mean, if they get money from gamers who want to blow $10,000 on bullshit, then hopefully that will translate to more/better/free-er content for the rest of us, trying to entire a bigger net of gamers to do the microtransactions. If no one plays the games, no one is going to pay $10,000 for a 5000 packs of nonsense.

As long as they don't go beyond aesthetic and convenience shit with microtransactions, I don't really care. When they start offering weapons/gear/abilities that are ONLY available through a microtransaction that have BETTER stats than anything earnable in-game, then that's where I draw the line.

Still pretty mad tho...

News Comments > StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play
7. Re: StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play Nov 3, 2017, 17:26 Slick

The Terran campaign ("Wings of freedom" I think) was by far the best.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 17:25 Slick

8.5 out of 10!? really!?  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 13:21 Slick

I disagree that they should have had gen 2 ready to go shortly after gen 1 in order to "build a market".

I think all that would have done is shit on all the people who had been waiting years, finally, for the commercial release of consumer VR.

Also Gen 2 is going to have a lot of upgrades. different focal points, depth, eye tracking, high rez screens, and probably wireless as standard. It's not coming out too soon, and that's good, all that shit needs time to bake properly or else you'll get another half-asses "standing VR" from oculus that was never meant to exist.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
4. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 13:13 Slick

I tried the beta. Once I spawned into my first game it was all like SERIOUS ARMY SERIOUS ARMY ARMY shit....

And then I saw the animations of my teammates flailing or "running" around, and I just started laughing out loud and immediately Alt=F4'd then uninstalled.

I really need to find a video of this, but I guess any twitch stream will do, it looks SO BAD.

CoD is shit, Battlefield is better. THREAD DERAILED.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
21. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 3, 2017, 04:51 Slick

Luke wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 17:45:
God all the sheep's fall into this again and again , buy 1070....buy 1070 Ti ....buy 1070 Ti 2 edition ...buy 1070 Ti 2 edition Ti........

Will people never learn

Who exactly in your mind would sequentially buy all of the cards you just listed? You seem to be describing a crazy person.

Obviously, if you've been holding out from a previous generation, this card might hit the sweet spot for you.

Personally, it does little for me, my girl's 980 is still good enough. Volta will change that.

Also people are forgetting the 4k 144hz monitors that will hit in Q1 2018, those will be the real push for the 4k gen to stretch its legs. I'm betting that nVidia is just biding their time till they come out, as might be evidenced by those monitor manufacturers delaying them by 3-6 months in the first place.

There's no card or combination of cards that could even think of 4k @ 144hz, so it would be market suicide to launch before there was a GPU capable of powering them at least up to 80-90 fps. It all seems to point towards Volta being worth waiting for.

And a "new" product on the same 104 silicon is a great way to clear out inventory before Volta ramps up on the consumer side. I could be wrong, but it's at least plausible.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 04:32 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 01:46:
Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:54:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:15:
Fortune 500 lists them with 9500 employees.

Sure, they need a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus.

How many of that 9500 are level designers? Texture artists? Sound designers? I think I've made my point.

Your point being that EA and Ubisoft don't have a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus? Lol, okay...

Was that my point? you might want to try reading harder...

*hint* It's the second sentence of the first post in this thread.

Key emphasis on the "making games" part... sheesh. It's like some people are actively looking to misrepresent what I've clearly written. Try harder next time.

All that comes to mind in this entire year for Acti/Bliz as far as new games are concerned is Destiny 2 and CoD: WWII. If you think that took 9500 people to make you're dreaming. Shit just the yearly rehashed sports franchises from EA push out more content than that...

I'm not debating quality, but as for quantity of EMPLOYED DEVELOPERS, Acti/Bliz doesn't come close. Not by a longshot.

6. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 00:54 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:15:
Fortune 500 lists them with 9500 employees.

Sure, they need a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus.

How many of that 9500 are level designers? Texture artists? Sound designers? I think I've made my point.

3. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 00:06 Slick

NKD wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 23:36:
Yeah all the money Valve makes goes right into Gabens pockets.

Well, the SteamVR platform and RnD on the Vive is the glaring exception. But yeah, most of it goes into his pockets. For a company that makes 4-5b a year, he only has 200 employees...

News Comments > F1 2017 for Linux
1. Re: F1 2017 for Linux Nov 2, 2017, 22:01 Slick

This must be why Codemasters hasn't seen it fit to release any of their racing games for the HTC Vive.  

News Comments > For Honor Season 4 and Free Weekend Details
1. Re: For Honor Season 4 and Free Weekend Details Nov 2, 2017, 21:35 Slick

Homonym SLAM  

News Comments > Morning Patches
13. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 21:29 Slick

It probably is the DRM, but especially for a big budget single-player game, I'd assume they'd do anything they can to prevent it from being cracked on day 1 like the Shadow of War game a couple weeks ago.

I just hope that they'll disable it at some point in the future once it gets cracked. Would be HILARIOUS to see benchmarks running the pirated version vs the DRM one, and the pirated on is getting like 50% better frames ^_^ A man can dream...

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 2, 2017, 21:27 Slick

That's an insane deal for the Vive. Basically getting a 1070 and a $60 game for free.  

3179 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo