Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3175 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased
21. Re: Death Threats now come in loot boxes!! only $9.99 Nov 14, 2017, 02:57 Slick

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Worse than I expected. It's not the end of the world, but it's not great.

At least they addressed the heroes thing, and they're right, Luke and Vader are sidegrades to the already unlocked Rey and Kylo. Chewbacca, Palpatine, and Leia are distinct heroes worth getting though, now at about 10 hours grind each.

The problem is that means you're not spending any credits on loot boxes, so all of the basic abilities remain unlocked for you.

It seems that getting scrap is the way to go, ie. getting the cheaper crates. you get I think 50 scrap per crate, maybe sometimes less. and basic abilities cost 40 scrap to unlock. so 4 rounds at 250-300 credits per round (about an hour of gameplay) should be enough to unlock each ability. But forget about upgrading them, as the cost gets alot worse.

I bought some packs, and I didn't really get shit. Seriously, so many green dupes. and dupes only give you credits back. so I'd maybe get 200 back on a 2000 cost crate. you don't get scrap for dupes.

At least most of the weapons are unlocked via progression (50 kills with class for the second gun, 3rd is loot crate, 4th is 500 kills)

But then you still need scrap or drops to get the mods for those weapons.

I mean it's grindy, it's not the end of the world, but it's not amazing.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends
7. Re: Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends Nov 8, 2017, 15:46 Slick

Some games have really good voice acting. Some don't.

It's like most things with art, and life...

I really liked the acting in Infamous Second Son, even though the characters weren't my cup of tea, I felt that the direction and the acting was spot on to "bring me there", to "bring me the angst".

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
27. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 15:43 Slick

Le sigh.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch
13. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 14:49 Slick

I think the best CoD-Battlefield comparison I could make is the following:

People often say that BF2 was the height of the Battlefield franchise. I could offer many objective reasons why this isn't the case.

People also often say that CoD IV MW was the height of the CoD franchise. In this case I have trouble proving them wrong.

Both of these postulations hinge on the progress the devlopers have made over 10 years. In CoD's case, it feels like CoD WWII is getting closer to the original CoD formula, while BF games are closer to the original vision of what DICE wanted to achieve with their game, although the engine at the time could never support it.

Maybe it's just me, but one franchise seems to be genuinely looking towards the future, and the other is firmly stuck chasing the past. Seems like the biggest difference to me, and probably why I don't really care for CoD even if I enjoy a good 6v6 infantry romp.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Speculation
5. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 12:46 Slick

I want another C&C Generals ^_^

I remember the mods for that game being epiccccc

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 12:38 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:16:
Slick wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 10:44:
Has there ever been a pic of the Gunnar-man on here? I feel that he's achieved mythical status...

How did you miss the Halloween pic from last week?

Nice! That's the money shot, thanks for the link. He's a cutie.

9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch Nov 8, 2017, 12:35 Slick

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:57:
Slick wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 10:40:
Someone please find me a youtube clip of the multiplayer running animations. The characters just kind of float 2 inches above the ground doing some wacky 1920's chorus line dance thing that's hard to describe but absolutely immersion-breaking anytime I see a stream...

Fuck CoD.

They've had too many chances, and they keep coming back to their shit-ass Q3A-derived engine from 1999. Another half a billion dollars in a week eh? Think they can put 50 of that towards developing an engine that could compete with Frostbite? NAHHHHHHHH.

Didn't you say in another thread all of your judgments were based on the beta, and someone else clarified that the graphics and animations had improved significantly since then?

This is why companies loathe public betas.

As for other complaints, I don't get why people compare this to Battlefield. They're different games. I had a blast with the first three MW games, but have hated every Battlefield game I've played. MW games are running around killing people face to face in small squads, with small battlefields, getting fun toys unlocked for doing well. Battlefield is huge battlefields with tons of people and spending a lot of time getting sniped from god knows where, waiting for a vehicle to spawn, or running around trying to figure out where people are. Yes, you'll say I'm focusing on outdated negatives of the game, but there's no real reason to compare the two. They don't direct compete anymore because they're very different games with very different players.

Actually I didn't compare CoD to Battlefield in this thread (although I often do elsewhere). I was comparing CoD's shit ass Q3A-derived engine to Frostbite.

Also, as I stated above, and mentioned in another thread, I've been watching CoD streams, mostly on Twitch. And the ridiculous animations are still there. I feel like there should be Benny Hill - Yakity Sax playing in the background watching these WWII soldiers dancing around the 100ft x 100ft sized map.

News Comments > Mass Effect N7 Day
11. Re: Mass Effect N7 Day Nov 8, 2017, 10:49 Slick

I agree I wish ME:A had some post-launch support. Especially with the Xbox One X launching yesterday and it's STARVED for "launch" titles that are "enhanced". ME:A could definitely get some sales if they gave a shit.

Other developers claimed that it takes about 1-3 days to do an xboxox patch. That's probably BS, but still it can't be that hard, as it will mean new sales pretty much guaranteed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 10:44 Slick

Has there ever been a pic of the Gunnar-man on here? I feel that he's achieved mythical status...  

3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch Nov 8, 2017, 10:40 Slick

Someone please find me a youtube clip of the multiplayer running animations. The characters just kind of float 2 inches above the ground doing some wacky 1920's chorus line dance thing that's hard to describe but absolutely immersion-breaking anytime I see a stream...

Fuck CoD.

They've had too many chances, and they keep coming back to their shit-ass Q3A-derived engine from 1999. Another half a billion dollars in a week eh? Think they can put 50 of that towards developing an engine that could compete with Frostbite? NAHHHHHHHH.

16. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 10:37 Slick

lol, I' don't MT the shit out of anything (except the fucking South Park mobile game... UGH I feel so dirty but have spent like $150 on it).

But I did buy a "Wrench" figurine from Watch Dogs 2 to sit on my desk for $60, that was well worth it.

Also JD, I see your point with convenience for PvE as a distinction, I guess I'm just not phased personally if it's for PvP too.

I mean, there are always going to be little try-hards who blast through any progression waaaaay before me regardless if there's MTs or not. No matter what, I'm never going to be sitting alone ontop of Mt. Unlocks. So if I can make peace with 100,000 players getting there faster than me anyways, what's another 10,000 getting there buy buying the equivalent of XP boosts? I just really don't care that much.

None of that touches ACTUAL pay-2-win, which is always abhorrent.

10. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 00:46 Slick

...but do you hate that 1% who throws $10k at the game? Cause those people are bankrolling development for the rest of us. Not that our $60 doesn't count, but theirs counts a lot more.

Wouldn't you agree that if it's only cosmetic or convenience, then who really cares?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2017, 00:42 Slick

/thread  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2017, 00:41 Slick

I think Cutter is the smartest person posting in this thread.

The end must be nigh... REPENT SINNERS!

I mean, I could go on for ages picking apart that ludicrous post by Christian McJesusey... but I think my time would be better spent just watching a HitchSlap compilation to ease the shakes.

8. Re: Mass Effect N7 Day Nov 8, 2017, 00:37 Slick

ME:A wasn't shitty, it just wasn't very good. I think it landed a mid 70 score on Metacritic.

I enjoyed it about as much as I did ME:2 and ME:3 in that both of those I also didn't finish...

7. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 7, 2017, 23:26 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:11:
That's just Gamasutra's clickbait headline, the chart they took from Ubisoft's slideshow lists the various elements in small print. Ubisoft calls the category "Player Recurring Investment" and it includes everything that is not a digital game sale.

well farts.

6. Re: Mass Effect N7 Day Nov 7, 2017, 22:53 Slick

How was I lied to?

How do you feel lied to?

Did you think that choices you made across the game, which had consequences throughout the franchise, would necessarily culminate in multiple totally different endings? I seem to have missed that memo.

I'm not so arrogant that I think that my vision for what a game should be is the "right" one.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S.
5. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 22:51 Slick

5 platforms, 2 generations, 1 very mechanically out-dated game...

Looking forward to RDR2, but Watch Dogs 2 is my go-to open-world silly-fest over GTAV.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 7, 2017, 21:59 Slick

nVidia is really trying to push out old stock with these slight rebrands, makes me think Volta is going to be announced at their conference thing they do in March 2018.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Twitter to expand 280-character tweets. Nov 7, 2017, 21:58 Slick

well at least...

.... Orange cancer's tweets....

...won't look like this...

...anymore.

3175 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo