Total Posts
4117 (Master)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

4117 Comments. 206 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    206  ] Older

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward
Jul 7, 2020, 19:17
Slick

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 7, 2020, 19:17
Jul 7, 2020, 19:17
 Slick

Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 15:36:
Slick wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 07:00:
(looks like WD: Legion will be a lot more serious)

- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Legion features the ability to control multiple characters within the game's setting.
- The cover art shows a person with a pig head.

Origins: (Luke 8:26-33; Mark 5:9) They pulled into the shore in the region of the Gerasenes, which is opposite Galilee. As Jesus got out onto land, a demon-possessed man from the city met him. For a considerable time, he had not worn clothing, and he was staying, not in a house, but among the tombs. At the sight of Jesus, he cried out and fell before him, and with a loud voice, he said: "What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Highest God? I beg you, do not torment me." Jesus asked him: "What is your name?" He said: "My name is Legion because there are many of us." They kept pleading with him not to order them to go away into the abyss. Now a large herd of swine was feeding there on the mountain, so they asked him to permit them to enter the pigs, and he allowed them. With that, the demons came out of the man and went into the swine. The demons rushed the herd over the cliff into the lake, and they drowned.

It's getting biblical up in hurr. That you for this revelation, and being a mostly non-religious person I welcome further references I would totally have missed.

So the Legion of hackers are the demons possessed by pigs, or pigs possessed by demons? and not a play on the more modern anti-capitalist bureaucracy sentiment of a pig? Is that why Jewish people don't eat porc?

(not trying to inflame anything here, coming from a position of self-released ignorance )
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jul 7, 2020, 19:11
Slick

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 7, 2020, 19:11
Jul 7, 2020, 19:11
 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 10:02:
Slick wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 08:01:
Don't know why this idea hasn't caught on more... Sure in like Dark Souls or Death Stranding you can see where other players have been, what they've done, warnings/signs giving you tips on what's ahead... but you can't directly interact with players.

The Souls games invented this style of invading other players' sessions, what are you on about? There's nothing indirect about a big, red, flashing message going across your screen and then getting your ass handed to you in a one-on-one duel (if they're nice and don't just gank you while you're busy fighting NPCs).

100% did not know this, thank you for setting the record straight. I bought Bloodborne for a friend and watched him play, and I only saw signs and stuff, never a duel. Was never into dark souls ultra-punishment stuff. If there's a genre that I'll get into that super duper hard it will be mastering an arcade schmup

Dark Souls came out in 2011, WD in 2014, so yeah, that tracks.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jul 7, 2020, 08:07
Slick

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 7, 2020, 08:07
Jul 7, 2020, 08:07
 Slick

MoonSpook wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 08:03:
Slick wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 07:00:
(looks like WD: Legion will be a lot more serious)

You saw Granny Helen, right?

Lol yes, but the overall setting and theme seems to be a lot more serious than WD_2, closer to WD_1.

WD_2 was all about the lulz in a bright, beautiful city where your gang of goofy characters reveled in hilarious hijinx. WD:Legion seems far darker in comparison.

Jul 7, 2020, 08:01
Slick

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 7, 2020, 08:01
Jul 7, 2020, 08:01
 Slick

IMO I wasn't a big fan of the season pass DLC. The main campaign is pretty long (GTA V length) and by the time I was done with it, I was pretty done with the game.

What's worth noting though is that one of the best parts about playing WD is the seamless online integration where players can invade your SP game, and vice-versa (you can turn it off in options if you want a 100% SP experience). But as the game has aged the population has thinned. With this free giveaway the servers should be packed with new players, which will fill out the online part.

Don't know why this idea hasn't caught on more... Sure in like Dark Souls or Death Stranding you can see where other players have been, what they've done, warnings/signs giving you tips on what's ahead... but you can't directly interact with players. In in WD universe it's done about as good as I've ever seen. It doesn't break the SP narrative, you're always the protagonist of your story, but other players just blend perfectly with the world, and they add to the experience. It doesn't feel tacked-on.

Jul 7, 2020, 07:00
Slick

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 7, 2020, 07:00
Jul 7, 2020, 07:00
 Slick

As I've said a thousand times on this board, if you haven't yet played WD2, do yourself a favour, do it.

It seems kind of quaint right now considering the media landscape we find ourselves in, where most games are going for a much more serious tone (looks like WD: Legion will be a lot more serious), it's nice to play WD2 again and remember what having fun in videogames felt like. It's a romp.

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Jun 29, 2020, 05:05
Slick

Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 29, 2020, 05:05
Jun 29, 2020, 05:05
 Slick

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2020, 21:09:
FloorPie wrote on Jun 28, 2020, 17:29:
I'd guess its money at this point. One rumor I've seen is that he was talking with other streamers about going to a new streaming network starting up.Supposedly run by Google/Alphabet via Spotify. It could be just youtube gaming. That or maybe he was going to take an offer from Facebook gaming,
Money?
He'd just signed a new multi year contract with twitch in March worth Million$

Maybe he broke this contract by talking to competing services, insinuating that he'd consider jumping ship? This could be plausible.

Doc lied about having a Valorant beta-key enabled twitch account (people had to watch approved channels to get Valorant beta keys as twitch drops), so he's proven himself to be duplicitous. He even lashed out at the people who called him out on his blatant lying. So he essentially fooled his own audience into giving him tons more viewers and longer viewtimes (which he would have directly profited from in ads).

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1248075009790103554?lang=en

Fuck him. He's a douchebag.

Re: Death Stranding Hint?
Jun 29, 2020, 02:02
Slick

Re: Death Stranding Hint? Jun 29, 2020, 02:02
Jun 29, 2020, 02:02
 Slick

Death Stranding is really good, even if it's a genre that I'm not used to playing. Suffice it to say it's more than just a "walking simulator", although there is a lot of walking, but there is in almost any other game no? No spoilers here, but it's supremely creepy without jump scares and supremely weird and Japanese, yet clearly focused on a western audience.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jun 26, 2020, 23:19
Slick

Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 26, 2020, 23:19
Jun 26, 2020, 23:19
 Slick

Au revoir Doc, you won't be missed =p

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preview Roundup
Jun 25, 2020, 21:30
Slick

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preview Roundup Jun 25, 2020, 21:30
Jun 25, 2020, 21:30
 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 25, 2020, 21:24:
Not me, I saw enough when they debuted gameplay at E3. I think watching and reading every bit of pre-release info on a game like this ruins some of the fun of discovery while you're actually playing it.

I'm with you.

If it's something you already know you're going to want to play, then why bother? Everything we read is a spoiler. This looks like one of the great RPGs to come out in a long time, and possibly one that will stand the test of time. I'm going to go in as blind as possible.

Re: Quantic Steam
Jun 21, 2020, 21:39
Slick

Re: Quantic Steam Jun 21, 2020, 21:39
Jun 21, 2020, 21:39
 Slick

Jivaro wrote on Jun 21, 2020, 21:17:
Highly recommended. Two Souls in particular is fantastic.

You know, that''s the only one out of the 3 that I haven't played, I thought it got a mixed reception, but hearing someone from this board recommend it will make me take another look. Just plowing through all the PS4 exclusive catalogue that I missed this gen, Last of Us 2 looks phenomenal BTW if you have a 4k HDR screen, I dare say an even better presentation on the PS4 Pro than RDR2 looked on the Xbox One X, which to me was the previous high watermark of this generation.

Re: Quantic Steam
Jun 21, 2020, 20:34
Slick

Re: Quantic Steam Jun 21, 2020, 20:34
Jun 21, 2020, 20:34
 Slick

Detroit is really really good

Re: Future EA Game Teases
Jun 19, 2020, 08:21
Slick

Re: Future EA Game Teases Jun 19, 2020, 08:21
Jun 19, 2020, 08:21
 Slick

Finally got around to watching my FAVORITE FANBOI SHOW OF THE YEAR OMG JIZZZZZ

What impressed me most was that they sidelined the EA sports shit right to the end, and it was just a quick MTV-style cut of some really nice video editing, all I was thinking was: "Dayyyyyum, those FIFA lootboxes are paying soooo much money!" Props to whoever did that ad. But fuck EA sports tho. Imagine having to remake the same game every year for the rest of my life... GG

I was in it for a glimpse of the future, and I've been imagining what the new CPUs could handle with DX12 as a baseline in a shooter, and that 3 second cut of the soldiers walking, running, stumbling across a field was confirmation of that. Like 200 of em on-screen at once, all fully animated, very nice.

Problem is, I freeze-framed, and them souljahs are carrying M1 Garands, NOOOOOO! I WANT THE SPACE LAZORS FROM 2143!!!! I'm sure it's just placeholder art to fuck with us. but the smoke sim and building collapse looked good, for the 750 miliseconds they were on screen, the smoke especially. Battlefield 3 with real wind and smoke physics would be hella atmospheric.

Also, squadrons... YAWN. It'll probably be fun for a minute, but it eventually becomes "who can out-turn the other", or who can hold their barf bag longer. Hopefully that isn't the case, it was hard to get into during my playtest, it was a while ago tho. SWBF2's glactic conquest mode solved that by just having 32 players plus another 32 AI (i think?) so there was always someone to shoot no matter where you were looking, but it was going for a very arcadey feel, Squadrons def tapping into the sim thing a lot more. It's hard to ride that line, like how Dirt 2 and the original GRID did perfectly.

I've been up all night editing videos yeaaaaaaaaah! Slicky out!

Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo
Jun 18, 2020, 19:17
Slick

Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 18, 2020, 19:17
Jun 18, 2020, 19:17
 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 15:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 13:22:
It didn't take steam long to be awoken from their stupor.

They're a small independent company on a tight budget, so such expenditures must be carefully considered. Laugh2

What's funny is you're not wrong. They are comparatively quite small, they're %100 independent, and the budget they put towards making games is indeed tight.

Re: Hardware Reviews
Jun 18, 2020, 19:13
Slick

Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 18, 2020, 19:13
Jun 18, 2020, 19:13
 Slick

Disappointed with that microphone. There's soo many useful features for streamers that are being ignored by everyone. I thought Elgato would have the brains to figure it out... oh well.

Like an LED ring or something that would light up when you have a chat or alert. Or even have a built in speaker that will give you audio alerts, which could be then removed from the mic pick up by coherent destructive interference (noise cancelling).

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed
Jun 18, 2020, 18:25
Slick

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jun 18, 2020, 18:25
Jun 18, 2020, 18:25
 Slick

Also yes, Witcher 3 needed several patches after launch badly. Inventory, loot drops, combat, lots of bugs and weird overlooked stuff. I think it was around 1.12 or 1.13 that the game felt truly "fixed".

Mind you it wasn't anywhere near as broken as a Bethesda game is at launch, or even 2 years after launch.

TorTorden wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 16:37:
But think of all the heritage you get with a Bethesda game.

Code all the way back from 90's.

Such amazing tradition is hardly ever seen in the industry.

For bloddy good reasons.

"Heritage" "Tradition" I lol'd pretty hard. You should be a marketing director at Bethesda ^_^

Jun 18, 2020, 18:20
Slick

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jun 18, 2020, 18:20
Jun 18, 2020, 18:20
 Slick

Drayth wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 17:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 17:40:
SirKnight wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 17:27:
Interesting that this is the day before the day Amazon France had listed the PS5 to be released. Hmmmmm
Germany invaded Poland in 1939 and France in 1940. The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941, which at the time was not a state. The PS5 was made in Japan. Amazon is an American company.

...and today's a Thursday. Hmmmmm.....

And "Thursday" gets it's English name from "Thor's Day", Thor being a Marvel movie that starred Chris Hemsworth who is Australian. Australia was a part of the British Empire and as a part of the Allies were at war with Japan (That makes the PS5) after the bombing of Pearl Harbour.

COINCIDENCE?

Jun 18, 2020, 16:31
Slick

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jun 18, 2020, 16:31
Jun 18, 2020, 16:31
 Slick

Womp womp.

As much as I want to play this game, I'm going to give it at least 6 months after launch to finish cooking. Remember how broken Witcher 3 was at launch? I know that's what they're trying to avoid with this launch, but I'm highly skeptical.

Not only are their games very complex and large, they use a new engine everytime! Take that Bethesda :p

Re: EA's Positive Play Charter
Jun 18, 2020, 04:02
Slick

Re: EA's Positive Play Charter Jun 18, 2020, 04:02
Jun 18, 2020, 04:02
 Slick

Skipping past the cancer in this thread...

"no cheating" LAWL

Tell that to the players that have been cheating in SWBF2 since launch, and I'm talking about confirmed hackers, instantly killing all 20 enemies before the round even starts lol. They openly admit it, they've been reported hundreds if not thousands of times, and they never get banned. I've even been in a server, in a party with 2 EA game testers who specifically test for this game, we got 3x POV shadowplay clips of obvious hacking, they submitted it through official and back channels.

NOTHING.

Motherfuckers are still hacking.

It's only like 3 guys, but it's the same names since launch, same hacks, and nothing happens.

Fuck you EA. If you gave a shit about what you claim to preach you wouldn't be so asleep at the wheel.

They need to give out e-badges for trusted community members to self-police. If they aren't going to pay a human to read the hacker reports, let alone do anything about it, give us the power. If any of us abuse it even once, we lose our whole account. I'd sign that deal. Remember community-run servers? Yeah, you take away that, take away the server browser, and then completely ignore hackers. But they give account bans to people using certain (CLIENT SIDE) skin mods in MP.

FUICKIDY FUCK.

Re: Mei Storming Heroes of the Storm
Jun 16, 2020, 00:04
Slick

Re: Mei Storming Heroes of the Storm Jun 16, 2020, 00:04
Jun 16, 2020, 00:04
 Slick

The only reason i ever play overwatch is to play as Mei, by far the most fun IMO.

I'd only wanna reinstall HOTS to spam her wall ability, but that's an ult in HOTS, also the other ult "Snowball" looks too freaking hilarious to pass up on.

Re: Star Wars: Squadrons Press Release and System Requirements
Jun 15, 2020, 23:58
Slick

Re: Star Wars: Squadrons Press Release and System Requirements Jun 15, 2020, 23:58
Jun 15, 2020, 23:58
 Slick

Avus wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 23:40:
Rainbow 6 Siege with spaceship??

Ding ding ding.

We have a winner.
4117 Comments. 206 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    206  ] Older