Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 1836 (Pro)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
204. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 29, 2016, 18:44 Slick

Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 17:47:
"I don't like or use the extra features so I'm incapable of understanding how anyone else could. People just use Steam because they're forced to!!!1"

Brilliant synopsis as always Sepharo.

His argument is that people only choose to use Steam because it has forums, a friends list, and a web browser tied to the Steam DRM machine. And NOT because for most PC gamers, it's their 1-stop shop because they already have their whole collection on steam.

But you know, feel free to keep misrepresenting my arguments. It makes you look simple.

Besides, what contortion has transpired where me saying: "most PC gamers want everything to be on Steam" is considered blasphemy? I'm parroting most users on this forum's sentiments to a tee. Be careful, you might turn yourself into a pretzel.

And please oh god ignore the irony that people love Steam because it's their 1-stop shop, and they not only don't use other game storefronts, they VEHEMENTLY hate those storefronts with a passion usually reserved for the religious, and in the same breath saying that using 1,000 different storefronts for PC apps is "easy as cake", and that I must be a simpleton to not see the ease and convenience of maintaining 1,000 different storefront accounts.

Twist yourself out of that one.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2016, 18:49.

Stop equating theft and software piracy. It's not the same thing and it makes you look stupid. -VaranDragon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

202. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 29, 2016, 16:09 Slick

Beamer wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 18:06:
I always find the amount of people that use the Start menu baffling. I use it exclusively for the Snip Tool (the single best thing Microsoft ever invented. Or "invented.")

Games? Launched either from a desktop icon, of which I have about 8, or from Steam. Steam mostly destroyed my need for a Start menu.

On the rare occasion I need cmd or something, I just... type it into Cortana. Also the only time I use Cortana. So much quicker than navigating the 18 deep Start levels it gets put into by default.

Right-click the start menu button, and prepare to have your mind blown.

Stop equating theft and software piracy. It's not the same thing and it makes you look stupid. -VaranDragon

201. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 29, 2016, 16:07 Slick

Razumen wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 11:21:
Slick wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 02:35:
Razumen wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 18:51:
Slick wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 13:25:
People bitch and moan about having to install 3 maybe 4 different games store platforms to buy games. There's literally tens of thousands of virtual stores to get random applications on Windows. You can't tell me that there isn't a better solution out there. Isn't that the reason why everyone loves Steam?

Steam provides a LOT of value over just having one place to buy games; friends lists that let you easily chat, talk, invite and join friends games, workshop support, community hubs and discussion boards, etc.

If all Steam was simply a storefront and nothing more it wouldn't have gotten nearly as successful as it is now.

I don't need a friends list to be able to easily purchase apps for windows. Plus Steam has been released for 12 years, they have a bit of a head start.

Most people seem to forget that Steam had a rough first couple of years, people were mad that HL2, an offline SP game needed this bloated piece of DRM just to be able to play it. What made people actually come around is when they started listing other publisher's catalogs, and people saw it as a "one-stop-shop" for PC gaming. That's always been it's strength.

Do you really care about having a web browser embedded into your DRM? I'm gaming on a PC, I can alt-tab and open chrome. And they have extensive forums, but again, that isn't something that you can't get anywhere else on the web. Steamworks is a proper implementation of mods, they get an A+ for that, and their work on SteamVR is very impressive. Other than that, no, I don't think that all the "features" embedded into a bloated piece of DRM is why people shop there, they shop there because all of their games are on there.

I also don't really give a fuck about the quality of the Walmart greeter vs the Target greeter, as long as they have what I want to buy, that's the only reason I walked into the store.

Windows needs a store like that for everything except gaming. IMO Steam could have expanded their Apps section (it does exist, you can even buy some limited music soft on there) and just taken over the market, but I think that most serious app developers (Say $699 for Ableton) aren't interested in giving away %30 of gross (probably closer to 50% of their profit) to a storefront that had nothing to do with the development of their product. So they keep the rinky-dink dime-a-dozen payment portals, and I have to make an account for every one that I want to use. You can't say there isn't room for improvement there. Have you ever tried buying something other than a game on a PC online? It's a nightmare.

The Windows ecosystem could badly use a universal app store where the developers aren't gauged, say under 5% should be more than enough to swallow. MS might do it, someone else might, but whoever does, and does it right, will make a lot of people happy, and make billions.

Forums are everywhere on the web, but you can't dismiss the community that Steam has created by having a unified system of discussion boards and shared community content.

Alt tabbing is an option yes, but some games don't like that, and a lot of the time it's easier and faster to just do it in the steam overlay (which also lets you talk to other friends quickly as well)

None of this is part of Steam's DRM, so you're just talking BS there.

As for buying apps on Windows, Lol no, buying anything on PC (Games, Apps, etc) is dead simple these days, either with Amazon Payments, Paypal, or just straight credit cards, and finding what you want is as simple as googling it. Only a complete idiot needs a closed wall market to hold their hand.

Will MS make an app store? Of course they will, but it's not nearly as important as you're making it out to be (well, it'll be nice for MS, that's for sure)

Dead simple? Are you kidding me?

Every product has their own store. For every different product I want to buy I need to register an account on a new store. Then remember them all for each and every purchase. Can you imagine if every game title had their own store? Or at least every studio has their own store? People would riot.

People bitch about using more than 1 store for gaming (Steam). How many times have you read on here that people will never install Origin or uPlay because fuck them, they didn't release on Steam?

So I don't really know how your argument is based on objective reality, so I'll move onto your next logical fallacy:

"None of this is part of Steam's DRM, so you're just talking BS there."

Buddy, Steam IS DRM. if you think that it's just a free message forum and integrated web browser... I have a "download accelerator" to sell you.

174. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 28, 2016, 02:35 Slick

Razumen wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 18:51:
Slick wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 13:25:
People bitch and moan about having to install 3 maybe 4 different games store platforms to buy games. There's literally tens of thousands of virtual stores to get random applications on Windows. You can't tell me that there isn't a better solution out there. Isn't that the reason why everyone loves Steam?

Steam provides a LOT of value over just having one place to buy games; friends lists that let you easily chat, talk, invite and join friends games, workshop support, community hubs and discussion boards, etc.

If all Steam was simply a storefront and nothing more it wouldn't have gotten nearly as successful as it is now.

I don't need a friends list to be able to easily purchase apps for windows. Plus Steam has been released for 12 years, they have a bit of a head start.

Most people seem to forget that Steam had a rough first couple of years, people were mad that HL2, an offline SP game needed this bloated piece of DRM just to be able to play it. What made people actually come around is when they started listing other publisher's catalogs, and people saw it as a "one-stop-shop" for PC gaming. That's always been it's strength.

Do you really care about having a web browser embedded into your DRM? I'm gaming on a PC, I can alt-tab and open chrome. And they have extensive forums, but again, that isn't something that you can't get anywhere else on the web. Steamworks is a proper implementation of mods, they get an A+ for that, and their work on SteamVR is very impressive. Other than that, no, I don't think that all the "features" embedded into a bloated piece of DRM is why people shop there, they shop there because all of their games are on there.

I also don't really give a fuck about the quality of the Walmart greeter vs the Target greeter, as long as they have what I want to buy, that's the only reason I walked into the store.

Windows needs a store like that for everything except gaming. IMO Steam could have expanded their Apps section (it does exist, you can even buy some limited music soft on there) and just taken over the market, but I think that most serious app developers (Say $699 for Ableton) aren't interested in giving away %30 of gross (probably closer to 50% of their profit) to a storefront that had nothing to do with the development of their product. So they keep the rinky-dink dime-a-dozen payment portals, and I have to make an account for every one that I want to use. You can't say there isn't room for improvement there. Have you ever tried buying something other than a game on a PC online? It's a nightmare.

The Windows ecosystem could badly use a universal app store where the developers aren't gauged, say under 5% should be more than enough to swallow. MS might do it, someone else might, but whoever does, and does it right, will make a lot of people happy, and make billions.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2016, 02:41.

168. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 27, 2016, 13:25 Slick

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 11:02:
Y'all lack imagination very sorely. MS could easily announce a date by which all new "apps" will have to be UWP or GTFO. At the same time they could introduce a legacy mode for Win32 programs, i.e. a sandbox like DOSBox running legacy Win32 programs inside Windows 10.

That's the very short version. If you use your imagination, there are many ways that they could pull this off and ensure that from a certain date on everything NEW has to go through them like iTunes/Apple store.

They would announce something like this pretty far in advance and provide a UWP suite (like .NET) for devs to get used to the Microshit NWO.

Shrugging this off like "haha they're not gonna do this" is very short-sighted (friendly version) or outright retarded (honest version).

Apparently, if many users on here "use their imagination", there's no scenario so irrational as to not be worth worrying about.

Read Beamer's comment, he sums it up pretty well.

Win32 IS Windows. There's no throwing that out. What you're describing might as well be a whole new product, a whole new OS that throws out 30 years of global development. There's no rational way to explain why they would do this, to chase Apple's 8% market share? LOL.

That would be like McDonalds no longer server burgers, but a new veggie/tree bark burger hybrid. As if they would risk everything that makes McDonalds McDonalds to chase down those sweet sweet *insert niche chain vegetarian restaurant name here* profits.

Skepticism is a good thing, I consider myself a skeptic. I've said multiple times in this thread that MS have all of their work yet ahead of them to prove that UWP has ANY value to developers or consumers.

That being said, I do think that there really should be a functional Windows App store that doesn't take a Steam-esque 30% cut. I buy music software from time to time, and every time it's dealing with some different storefront, a different account that has to be made, giving out my info to a different 3rd party every time, and is generally a big hassle. I'd love to be able to pick up a new VST plug-in by just browsing a universal app store. It doesn't even have to be run by MS, but it would seem a reasonable choice, it really just has to work.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2016, 13:31.

News Comments > Planet Coaster in Q4
1. Re: Planet Coaster in Q4 Jul 27, 2016, 04:56 Slick

wow, this game actually looks really good:

https://youtu.be/MMNohDmFHU4

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Video
3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Video Jul 27, 2016, 04:54 Slick

Rhett wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 23:41:
Glad to see someone isn't trashing on WD1 here... I enjoyed it, too. Just needed proper co-op out of the gate (never tried the DLC), though I need to reinstall it...

Def recommend "The Worse"'s mod, think the last was 1.0 before some toxic internet trolls made him hang up his coat. Guy did a great service, and truly brought those "E3" visuals to the retail game. I hope that those parts of the engine are unlocked on PC for WD_2 right out of the gate, the game looked even better than the IC3 mods for GTA IV with texture packs etc. etc.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming
7. Re: Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming Jul 27, 2016, 04:12 Slick

DJJoeJoe wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 02:58:
You can already use up to 4 sensors and the touch controllers with games through the Steam VR stuff, even has proper icons in the little dialog for the controllers/sensor stands.

4 sensors for the vive? or oculus? I don't have a huge space, but I think there's a terminal limit to the lighthouse stations of around 5m x 5m. I'd love to see a more powerful wireless version of this system in a warehouse, like the zero-lag project.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming
6. Re: Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming Jul 27, 2016, 04:10 Slick

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 00:15:
Slick, I use something similar to keep the cord suspended above, and it's set to tug when you get near the far edges. I've got a pretty big play space (the garage!), but it's not super comfy to play in, what with the concrete floor and only a small window A/C unit valiantly trying to keep it from insta-sweat land. Had to build a mount for one of the sensors, as the garage is actually too large for them to communicate reliably.

The big benefits of the garage is the chaperone walls come up rarely, AND I made sure there's a good foot and a half to two feet outside each one. So when my jackass friends come over who think they have to jump and lunge at a skeleton in Vanishing Realms, they don't put another hole in the wall of the nicest room in my house. That same asshat got his own Vive and promptly punched a hole in his OWN wall, and THEN decided maybe he needs to calm the fuck down.

Anyway, I don't see the Rift getting room-scale to be any more problematic than the Vive. If you're stupid enough to put shit inside the play area, or directly outside it, you're gonna hit it.

I've shied away from the Vive lately, mostly due to hear but also the 970 in that rig isn't quite up to the task of running the more complete games, like Elite and PCARS. Today, Newegg had the super clocked EVGA 1080s in stock (and still do). Mine's in Packaging!

1) I went with the MSI gaming X, so happy with it, it's really really quiet. They all OC about the same, so either you want the extra HDMI ports from asus or the gigabyte extreme, or for me, just having a silent PC that's this powerful is pretty decadent. Anyways, it will rock Pcars. I've been trying to get Dirt Rally to work with it, but there's some small issues. Revive works, but it's not as seamless of an experience as I want. I lived through the DK2 days, never again! I like SteamVR, it's very neat and clean.

Crazy about the holes in your wall, I'm very conscious about my physical spatial orientation even when balls deep in holopoint. I'm telling you, get a carpet/rug. Doesn't have to be pretty, just make sure you get a foam padding layer to put underneath it. I guess I could VR with shoes on concrete, but it would feel weird as the rest of me is usually naked or close to it. re: your A/C comment, yeah, I had to move my setup closer to the window so that I have a direct A/C blasting me when I get deep into a game. The sweats are real with the vive.

You should check out RAW DATA. It looks to be really promising. I like holopoint and hordez, and some battledome, but I think that raw data should scratch all of those itches at once. Apparently it looks beautiful and really needs a 1080 to shine, until they release a lens-matched-shading/single-pass-stereo patch for it. Uses UE4, and it's listed by nVid as a vrworks title which will support these features.

149. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 27, 2016, 03:02 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 02:31:
Jeez, Slick. What's up with the OCD?

I learn from the best, sandblaster approach baby.

143. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 27, 2016, 01:38 Slick

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 00:05:
NetHead wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 18:06:
It's always surprising how many people think someone raising such concerns is paranoid or delusional. It's nothing new yet remains surprising because you'd think people would wise up over time, though not only does that not seem to happen, these days there are more people than ever adding their naive voice to the crowd.

Here we have one of the most intelligent people in gaming/tech sphere, with more experience, knowledge and connections in so many areas it's unlikely anyone here could even match him in a single one of those areas, saying that Microsoft is going to do what they have a reputation for doing while trying to benefit themselves and some people shout how he's nuts or flat out wrong.

It almost boggles the mind how some people can be so pompous, going through life like frogs in warming water.

It's like someone's told them the Earth isn't flat and they're ranting about how that someone is wrong with ridiculous and stupid reasons and comparisons. The reply's are so stupid they're not even worth correcting.
Actually, it isn't surprising at all. You are assuming that the "crowd" is in any way sincere or operating in good faith. Microsoft, Google, (hell, the DNC!) et al., all spend millions of dollars every year on social marketing. Just about every major corporation does it. And part of social marketing is getting on various message boards and shilling for the company. You assume that you are seeing people who don't know. You're seeing people who have a financial stake in the system, one way or the other.

Honestly, the handful of genuine doofuses who argue in good faith are the ones I pity the most. At least the shills are getting paid to be dumbasses...

and the fox news angle is finally summoned to it's final form.

Pundit A) "The sky is falling"

Pundit B) "Anyone who says the sky isn't falling is paid by the corporations"

Pundit A) "let's make out"

Let's just stick to the facts of your "sky is falling" case, shall we?

Oh wait there aren't any.

This "story" is %100 pure conjecture, with a healthy dose of click-bait hyperbole to boot.

It's like trying to tell someone that god doesn't exist. Sure they have no proof, no single shred of evidence except for one person who hears voices in their head, tell everyone how the world will end.

When your argument is unfalsifiable, then you can't have a honest conversation with them. When the "proof" is all "belief", then there's no beating that.

Just remember how Direct X was an evil ploy to get all of the games on PC and consoles running on Microsoft tech. They've bided their time for 20 years, but when the time is right, they'll spring the trap and force all games using DX to be bought and sold through their Zune store! Furthermore, they'll literally stop supporting Win32 and tens of millions of programmers around the world will be out of a job, all the IT schools will shutter their doors, and the only software development allowed by law will be Forza DLC. The plan's so perfect, it can't fail!

138. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:51 Slick

aaaand /thread  

137. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:47 Slick

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 16:55:
Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:37:

Baby, I'm high erryday, don't mean I'm not wrong though.

Again, I'll ask you, when was the last software hack you seen for the PS4? Xbone? Oh right, for all intents and purposes they're un-fuck-wit-able. The irony that the most secure platforms to have a clean competitive match today is on fucking consoles. And that's a sad reality to PC gamers.

Give me the security of gaming on a console, with the hardware and peripheral freedom of PC, and you'll have a real e-sports scene. I don't know if UWP is the way to get there, like I've already said, they have all of their work still ahead of them if they want to prove this platform. But you're a fool if you think that PC gamers don't want a class of app that can't be infiltrated with script kiddies and their ESP aimbot bullshit nonsense.

Like you said, today you are both high and wrong.

The PC has *always* had more hackers/cheaters per game than any console. Also, just because nobody has hacked the actual console to circumvent it's DRM does not mean people are not cheating on those devices.

I think you're making my point for me? "The PC has always had more hackers than consoles". Yeah, that's basically my point. Thanks?

And yeah, I was careful to say "software hacks", I know about rapid-fire trigger modded xbox controllers, XIM input breakout boxes, and there's even this fucking roflcopter way to cheat in a P2P match like CoD. It's an ethernet cable with a breaker built in. You play in a match until you're made the server host, and then you can just break the connection manually for up to 45 seconds, run around, kill everyone not moving, then resume, and the server will "catch up to your position", and you're the trusted host afterall. Cheating happens everywhere. But we're talking about a few raindrops vs. the ocean of cheaters on PC.

136. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:43 Slick

Razumen wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 16:35:
Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:37:
007Bistromath wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:09:
Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 13:53:
But do you really not get the potential upside of a walled garden?
I read what you wrote, I just don't care. There is nothing within five conceptual miles of "walled garden" that has a meaningful upside. This is like telling me to consider the upside of being the middle of the human centipede.

"A class of app that can't be fucked with in the first place?" Are you high? Anything can be fucked with, and with all that money floating around in e-sports, life will find a way. Meanwhile, devs producing legitimate products will have to divert part of their budget to coding around Microsoft's mistakes, and many attempts to do so will fail or be buggy as shit.

Baby, I'm high erryday, don't mean I'm not wrong though.

Again, I'll ask you, when was the last software hack you seen for the PS4? Xbone? Oh right, for all intents and purposes they're un-fuck-wit-able. The irony that the most secure platforms to have a clean competitive match today is on fucking consoles. And that's a sad reality to PC gamers.

Give me the security of gaming on a console, with the hardware and peripheral freedom of PC, and you'll have a real e-sports scene. I don't know if UWP is the way to get there, like I've already said, they have all of their work still ahead of them if they want to prove this platform. But you're a fool if you think that PC gamers don't want a class of app that can't be infiltrated with script kiddies and their ESP aimbot bullshit nonsense.

And I refuse to say: "well since I don't want to deal with hackers, I'll just play my FPS games with a fucking controller on perpetually outdated hardware." get the fuck outta here.

And apparently you've never heard of Denuvo is you think that everything can be hacked, lol.

And the Steam Workshop works just fine on consoles, so modding isn't even on the chopping block when thinking of a walled garden game that just works as intended.

Preventing hacks is a matter of software and network programming, it's completely irrelevant to the argument of whether or not MS should have a monopoly over the PC marketplace, and only tangential to the real issues that PC gamers have with UWP.

PCs already have a HUGE esports scene that dwarfs anything on consoles, it doesn't need MS's "help" in this regard.

Let's do a play-by-play:

"Preventing hacks is a matter of software"

Yeah, like some sort of programming standard that would make it very difficult for people to hack on. Waiiiiit a minute...

"it's completely irrelevant to the argument of whether or not MS should have a monopoly over the PC marketplace"

Okaaay, first off, MS does have a (near) monopoly over the PC gaming world, not sure what rock you've been living under, but The last game I played on a mac was The Sims 2. Second, what part of "optional" and "non-exclusive" do you not understand? Basic underlying concept?

"PCs already have a HUGE esports scene that dwarfs anything on consoles, it doesn't need MS's "help" in this regard."

A scene absolutely riddled with hackers. Fucking riddled. To the gills. To the tits. It's ridiculous. And yes, the competitive (and non-competitive) PC gaming world does need help to fix the problem. This might not be the solution, but whatever it is, it's going to probably take the platform owner to do something about it. Because the hacking community is always 6 steps ahead of PB or Fairfight.

135. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:35 Slick

Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 22:35:
Redmask wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 22:26:
I know it's tough to believe but every post on the forum isn't directed at you and doesn't require a personal response.

Hey, I like to give the personal touch. Also I have shit to say. Don't like it? Want to contribute nothing to the discussion but a catty comment? feel free to block me. You won't censor me.

There's a lot of disinformation in this thread. The fact that there are people who think that PC gaming as we know it will be dead within a year, and others are saying: "hoo boy, it's like Zune only worse" should be a clue that there's some serious hyperbole happening in here.

Leave that shit for those silly DNC/RNC conventions, the reds and blues seem to have 2 totally different ideas of what reality is, I think we can do better.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2016, 22:51.

134. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:31 Slick

ItBurn wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 15:16:
Quboid wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 15:06:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:59:
Hacking is a cost of having the great open platform that is PC gaming. We already have consoles. If that's what you want, go play on those instead! I'm not ready to sacrifice all the advantages like modding and fan patches just so that I don't meet a hacker from time to time.

Slick already talked about this. If you don't agree with his comments, refute them. Don't repeat what he's already responded too, you're just taking the conversation round in a circle.

What a strange thing to say on a forum on the internet... I'm not sure what you're saying. Slick wants console security, I told him to play on console. I didn't see someone state my opinion yet. I didn't read all the posts in the entire thread though, because there's too many and they're too long, and I don't think that that's required to be able to respond.

Literally 5 posts above yours:

when was the last software hack you seen for the PS4? Xbone? Oh right, for all intents and purposes they're un-fuck-wit-able. The irony that the most secure platforms to have a clean competitive match today is on fucking consoles. And that's a sad reality to PC gamers.

And I refuse to say: "well since I don't want to deal with hackers, I'll just play my FPS games with a fucking controller on perpetually outdated hardware." get the fuck outta here.

But I'll concede it is a long ass thread, and page 7 shall be known as the page of Slick!

132. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:24 Slick

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 20:03:
ventry wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 20:00:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ **snore** *snort* Whaaa!! What! What's happening?

Ah another Windows 10 sky is falling/evil empire/tin foil hat/haters gonna hate thread.

*sigh*
Wake me when something interesting (and actually factual) happens.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And yet you clicked the link and felt you needed to comment. Guess it was interesting enough to do that...

But you felt the need to add nothing more to this discussion than a catty comment? Pot calling the kettle black much?

And yes, I realise the irony of my comment, at least it's a conscious effort.

131. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:23 Slick

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 19:53:
I want video evidence of UWP melting steel beams before I will believe any of this. Who the fuck is Tim Sweeney anyway? Sounds like some broadway schmuck to me.

It's Sweeney Tim! And he's out for blood!

130. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:21 Slick

noman wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 18:17:
Sweeney's comments don't make sense at all. He presents a doomsday (ok, epic-day) scenario of Microsoft dropping Win32, but that's quite idiotic. Microsoft will not retire Win32 any time soon. And if they do, then that's the end of Windows as a gaming platform anyway.

Looks like UWP rubs Tim Sweeney the wrong way for some reason, and he has to invent these outlandish scenarios (in a typical forum-post sky is falling style) to make his point.

UWP is an option, just like Steamworks is, and Win32 is not going anywhere. Epic is welcome to release games directly on GoG, DRM free.

You should read your Win10 EULA more carefully. If you install their OS, a MS employee has the legal right to break your door down and start kicking you in the balls until you uninstall all other games platforms, and only play Forza, giving up all semblance of free will and submit to the borg.

In other words, you've said in one paragraph what I've been trying to articulate for 8 pages, well done.

129. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:17 Slick

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 18:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 17:48:
How many games on Origin are not from EA, how many on uPlay are not from Ubisoft?

Hint: None

None?

OK. You might want to get a clue before embarrassing yourself any further. Especially Origin has tons and tons of 3rd party games including indies, Kickstarters, everything (The Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, you name it... just hit the URL and get a clue).

Yeah, I recently discovered that Uplay's catalogue is a lot more expansive than I'd realised too. You can buy Battlefield 3, 4, and hardline on Uplay. The moar u kno!

1836 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo