Total Posts
4368 (Master)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

4368 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    219  ] Older

Re: E3 2021 Live Event Reportedly Cancelled
Mar 1, 2021, 19:32
Slick

Re: E3 2021 Live Event Reportedly Cancelled Mar 1, 2021, 19:32
Mar 1, 2021, 19:32
 Slick

You sure this isn't news from 2020? Come on Blue, you're getting sloppy.

I mean how would there be any question of holding a live event in the summer of 2021 with a Pandemic raging out of control?

Oooh I got a juicy story bout this:

I've had a bad ear infection or something, went to an ENT doctor a few days ago, he said it was because I have to wear a mask, and the elastic is fucking my ears up. I tell him I never really go outside, so never have to wear the thing, he starts going off on how Dr. Fauci is fucking with everyone, and how "he just changes his mind every 2 weeks", and how I basically need to not live my life in fear of the virus. I'm like: "can we get back to my fucking ear?" He looked through his instrument at the ear, said it looked fine, then he was done. Yeah, that's basically why there's no E3 2021 lol, the functional retards, they walk among us.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Re: Anno 1800 Free Weekend
Feb 28, 2021, 02:36
Slick

Re: Anno 1800 Free Weekend Feb 28, 2021, 02:36
Feb 28, 2021, 02:36
 Slick

SanguineNight wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 00:19:
I used the first key. Thanks I played the game a little bit this morning before activating it and I totally loved it! I'm going to play some more now! Cool

Also for your trivia question, I personally don't see why a person cannot have a change of mind in real-time. But more than likely the change occurs not because of any new facts being presented, but because there has been a change of heart (compassion and understanding, life-giving and complex) in that person. And if such change does occur, it would not be possible for another person (outside of self) to know at the instant moment it happens. In fact, I would argue that even the person itself may not realize such change has occurred until later.

I hope it makes sense.

Ooh, I like that reply, I'm glad you got a key and are enjoying it. +1 to the change of heart before change of mind thing. Def don't get anywhere being all sanctimonious with people, that's for sure, turns their hearts cold before their brain has a chance to warm to an idea. And I know all about being overly sanctimonious on here LOOOOOL.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Feb 28, 2021, 02:33
Slick

Re: Anno 1800 Free Weekend Feb 28, 2021, 02:33
Feb 28, 2021, 02:33
 Slick

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 27, 2021, 23:01:
Slick wrote on Feb 27, 2021, 21:30:

Thanks for the help with the email settings on BN my dude. Still I don't like making my personal email publicly available, especially on here.
Your e-mail address WILL NOT be revealed to people e-mailing (more like messaging thru an email third party) since e-mails are sent via the web interface.

If I was to message you through the BluesNews web interface you would receive an email from:
Blue's News Forum • noreply@bluesnews.com
Consisting of my message
and a link to reply or report spam/harassment etc.
Neither one of us will ever see the other's email address unless we decide to exchange them.

Oh shit! that's amazing! I obviously was quite ignorant of this feature, I'll turn it on right now. Not that I'm a terribly sociable type... if it's not pissing in the wind in a BN thread, I mostly keep to meself.

Re: Get Black Desert Online for Free
Feb 27, 2021, 21:38
Slick

Re: Get Black Desert Online for Free Feb 27, 2021, 21:38
Feb 27, 2021, 21:38
 Slick

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 27, 2021, 21:17:
It has probably the most dynamic combat of any MMO I've ever played, but yeah, it's very grindy/fetchy. I didn't stick with it very long, however I could see it being a decent time-waster if you're looking for something different. You just get into a combat zone and it's non-stop action until your damn inventory gets full and you have to go sort that out.

This sums up my thoughts pretty well, the combat is so dope. I mean the combat would be revolutionary for like a singleplayer RPG like Skyrim, but in an MMO where par-for-the-course is just queueing up spells and watching it happen... it's better than good, it's top notch.

Feb 27, 2021, 21:30
Slick

Re: Anno 1800 Free Weekend Feb 27, 2021, 21:30
Feb 27, 2021, 21:30
 Slick

I hope I didn't wait too long to post them codes, oh well, someone will grab em.

Thanks for the help with the email settings on BN my dude. Still I don't like making my personal email publicly available, especially on here. I'm not exactly a man who shies away from making enemies Smoking And I think I'm justified to be afraid of what angry gamers will do to people they don't like.

I really should get a throwaway email account just for stuff like this, but in general twitch whispers serve the same function. Lets me have a private convo without having to add anyone to anything, or give away any personal details, assuming they have a twitch account, which I'm guessing most people do.

Feb 27, 2021, 12:44
Slick

Re: Anno 1800 Free Weekend Feb 27, 2021, 12:44
Feb 27, 2021, 12:44
 Slick

Fuck I totally flaked, I'll just post em here. Sorry guys, I was gonna ask people to whisper me on my twitch (SirParcival) profile, as I don't think we can do DM's here... But screw it.

Anno 1800 – PC

AACA-B9G4-AADA-JYVL

Anno 1800 – PC

H7U6-6P7H-ARUP-BW8H

Also, Manholes are round for 2 reasons:

1) they can roll easily because they're heavy as balls
2) no matter the orientation, the manhole cover can never fall through the manhole.

Also, my trivia question is: "Is it still possible in this day and age for people to have their minds changed in real-time?" more of a philosophical one... but one that I don't know the answer to. The "real time" part is crucial. Like can people say something, then be presented with an orgy of evidence which totally destroys their position, and they change their mind right on the spot. Does that happen? Have any of you witnessed this in the last 5 years?

Feb 26, 2021, 16:08
Slick

Re: Anno 1800 Free Weekend Feb 26, 2021, 16:08
Feb 26, 2021, 16:08
 Slick

Hmm I'll have to figure out a way to give em out, only have 2 of em. Be home later tonight and will figure something out. I'm thinking trivia contest

Feb 26, 2021, 12:06
Slick

Re: Anno 1800 Free Weekend Feb 26, 2021, 12:06
Feb 26, 2021, 12:06
 Slick

I have a couple full game keys for this title if anyone is interested, got em from testing some Ubisoft stuff last year and never had a chance to give em out yet.

Re: BioWare Ends Anthem NEXT Project
Feb 25, 2021, 14:00
Slick

Re: BioWare Ends Anthem NEXT Project Feb 25, 2021, 14:00
Feb 25, 2021, 14:00
 Slick

Ionno, movie studios put out bad movies sometimes, people don't usually boycott studios. Most people don't even know what company or companies are responsible for making the movies or television they watch.

So Anthem was a bomb, the idea that Bioware will never make another good game is kind of ridiculous.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Patch Delayed
Feb 25, 2021, 03:07
Slick

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Patch Delayed Feb 25, 2021, 03:07
Feb 25, 2021, 03:07
 Slick

This is the endgame.

This is what you get when you encourage the mob. The mob that sent death threats when the game's launch was pushed back, and death threats when it was released too early. Incensed people now consider the whole company a fair target. You can bet your ass the nacho-palming waste of life that hacked them identified with the downtrodden masses, so afflicted by this videogame which didn't come out fast enough, and then came out too fast.

Just remember people, when you fan the flames of hate, it only has one logical conclusion, weather we get there slowly or quickly, there's only one destination, it's chaos. Ask the capital rioters how righteous they all felt marauding through the halls of congress literally looking for blood. They knew they had a mob at their back, without the mob they're weak, spineless, and cowards. Don't give them a drop of fuel.

Maybe think twice before you do anything to spread the hate yourself, a comment to a friend, a post on a comments section, long-winded diatribes on Blues, everyone influences the the weather. Don't be responsible for one drop of rain that could be a ray of sunshine, beat back the darkness or it will envelop us all.

Re: Steam Top 10
Feb 21, 2021, 17:54
Slick

Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 21, 2021, 17:54
Feb 21, 2021, 17:54
 Slick

wtf is battlefield v doing on that list?

Re: etc., etc.
Feb 19, 2021, 02:02
Slick

Re: etc., etc. Feb 19, 2021, 02:02
Feb 19, 2021, 02:02
 Slick

Another reason not to go public.

Remember that new Wutang album that the pharma snake bought? Yeah, the highest bidder is usually not a benevolent human.

Re: Red Dead Online Adds Solo Missions
Feb 17, 2021, 17:04
Slick

Re: Red Dead Online Adds Solo Missions Feb 17, 2021, 17:04
Feb 17, 2021, 17:04
 Slick

It's mostly empty space. Don't know why you wouldn't just play the marvellous singleplayer instead. The world is just much more populated and interactive in singleplayer. And I know that's usually the case, but I mean most lobbies have like 12-16 people in them for the WHOLE FUCKING MAP, which if you haven't played, is laaaaaaaaaaaarge. It takes 16 minutes just to ride flat-out from one end of the map to the other.

Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Online Technical Test Underway
Feb 14, 2021, 19:15
Slick

Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Online Technical Test Underway Feb 14, 2021, 19:15
Feb 14, 2021, 19:15
 Slick

Quinn wrote on Feb 14, 2021, 04:05:
Avus wrote on Feb 13, 2021, 23:43:
Is this like GTA Online but from Ubisuck?

Sometimes I reinstall WD2 just for the invasions (MP). There is something revolutionary awesome about being in someone else's "single-player" game without them realizing it; observing them as they do things people do like jumping from one car to a better one or just punching a pedestrian for shits and giggles. And then -- with them not expecting a thing! -- initiating the hack. They go crazy as they get pulled into your hide & seek game. I hide in the coffee shop or walk on the opposite sidewalk like a dumb npc, or hide in the bushes. As I am getting closer to winning the sequence, so does the compass show the other player in smaller and smaller proximity where I am hiding. It's tense as hell and never gets old.

So yeah... If they manage to pull something like that off again for WD3, I might actually buy this woke clusterfuck of a game.

Fuck yeah. This. So good.

Pretty sad that when I posted on the Watch Dogs reddit that the game isn't the same without the MP componant, I got LEGIONS (ha) of gamers screaming at me that MP is "the worst" and that "nobody likes it" and that everyone "turns it off immediately" and that they only want "to be left alone to play a SP game". It was very strange, but a sign of the times. Sigh.

MP in these games are worth the price of admission.

Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Online Technical Test Underway
Feb 14, 2021, 19:12
Slick

Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Online Technical Test Underway Feb 14, 2021, 19:12
Feb 14, 2021, 19:12
 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2021, 00:26:
Was there an outcry for this game? Are people looking forward to this?

There was for me.

Huge Watch Dogs fan, but wasn't going to waste my time with a playthrough WITHOUT the element of the game that makes it the most unique and interesting. Once they have the seamless multiplayer back in the game I'll have a reason to rejoin. Just feels like a GTA clone without it. But with it... when getting into a 5-star chase from the cops, then 3 other real players just appear on your ass, who get huge points for taking you out... it's just an adrenaline high that no other open-world driving game can replicate.

Sad that they nerfed the average arsenal of any one character though, instead of Marcus or Aidan who could do just about anything, you're limited to the like 2 unique things that any randomly generated character can do. Makes it a boarderline snoozefest IMO. I miss being the super powerful hacker guy who can use his arsenal or tricks to get out of any situation, it encouraged improvisation. Now everything has to be pre-meditated where I pick the character with the abilities to do the thing that i want to do first, then go find the thing to do. It's gone from jazz carnage to alternative rock accounting.

Re: DICE LA Working on Next Battlefield
Feb 14, 2021, 19:05
Slick

Re: DICE LA Working on Next Battlefield Feb 14, 2021, 19:05
Feb 14, 2021, 19:05
 Slick

LOC wrote on Feb 12, 2021, 11:12:
VaranDragon wrote on Feb 12, 2021, 04:59:
Now with all new 8 vs 8 focused games, because smaller is better!

From reports and "leaks" if you can call them that yet at this point, they are going way bigger this time around. No mention of exact player limits, but don't be surprised if we get 128vs128 or even higher.

8v8 is a competitive format. It's what we all used to play in 19142, BF2, and 2142 in the old battlefield leagues and ladders. Usually 8v8 with vehicles, or 5v5 infantry-only.

Re: Kingdom Hearts Comes to PC Next Month as EGS Exclusive
Feb 11, 2021, 21:56
Slick

Re: Kingdom Hearts Comes to PC Next Month as EGS Exclusive Feb 11, 2021, 21:56
Feb 11, 2021, 21:56
 Slick

I bought Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS4 after seeing the trailers. I figured I'd just be able to jump in even if I haven't played the earlier ones, which I wasn't going to do. I watched a 30 minute recap video of just the first game. I shortly after gave up on any hope of ever playing KH3. The plot is ridiculously convoluted, and it seems like you're jumping into the last season of a very weird, densely plotted soap opera.

Too bad, cause it looks cool. But my god, I dare anyone to watch a re-cap video of just the first game (if you never played it yourself) and try to get excited about later games.

Feb 11, 2021, 21:29
Slick

Re: DICE LA Working on Next Battlefield Feb 11, 2021, 21:29
Feb 11, 2021, 21:29
 Slick

lol. Tell me how Hardline was "literally the worst thing they ever released".

Heard the same shit around Bad Company, when they abandoned all the OG BF players for this crazy new engine and "lost everything good about Battlefield", same shit with BF3, Same shit with BF5. It goes on and on.

The games keep getting better, but every year people get angrier and angrier, well the ones posting online do anyways. This isn't a trend that's specific to DICE, but they're a great example of it. BFV and SWBF2 are fucking incredible. It's amazing how people I've known have never touched them cause of the hate, then pick it up cheap on sale and are just fucking blown away.

I could list things for days that have gotten better with every release since 1942, but what's the point, some people just have rose-coloured glasses and think that everything new is the devil and everything old is amazing. Go back and play 1942, BF2, 2142, Bad Company 2, or BF3 and just notice how many things they got dead wrong that were fixed or improved upon in later iterations.

It truly boggles my mind that people can say with a straight face that 2142 which is 15 years old is better than modern battlefields, they're talking shit. Go back and actually play it. And I started competing in 2142 with DoD and nXs, so 2142 is the game that I had the most fun in by far, cause I was young, and the old TWL, TGL and CAL leagues were all still up and running. It was a different time. The games were still broken as fuck though. There's a reason it was called "Betafield" for so long. BF2 at launch took 6 months just to be able to join a server without crashing. Me and all my friends had experienced it, it sucked. Random cone-of-fire, 150m view distance, super wonky vehicle physics, dolphin-diving, not being able to sprint and strafe at the same time, no bullet tracers... it goes on and on. It was amazing for its time but is godawful by today's standards.

Feb 11, 2021, 16:20
Slick

Re: DICE LA Working on Next Battlefield Feb 11, 2021, 16:20
Feb 11, 2021, 16:20
 Slick

Actually looking at the tweets, there's no indication that he's working on the "next" battlefield game, it doesn't mean that DICE LA's project will come out before whatever DICE Stockholm is working on. Or they could be working on the same project.

So really this is a giant nothing-burger, nothing to see here.

Feb 11, 2021, 16:17
Slick

Re: DICE LA Working on Next Battlefield Feb 11, 2021, 16:17
Feb 11, 2021, 16:17
 Slick

DICE LA got fucked pretty hard by the shitty gamer community who universally panned their only other battlefield game: "Battlefield: Hardline", which was so far the biggest departure from the Battlefield formula ever (besides the weird browser-based F2P "Battlefield: Heroes")

They said it was "just a reskin" "just a mod" and "cookie-cutter". Meanwhile there was exactly zero complaints between Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, which had the same factions, theme, guns, modes etc. etc. etc.

I heard all the same complaints with 2142, that it was just a reskin of BF2. Never mind the totally new and different theme, factions, settings, maps, modes, models, vehicles, guns, and abilities. Same as Hardline. If you've never seen it, find a trailer, it's cops and robbers Battlefield with a GTA twist.

Hardline is the most underrated Battlefield in recent memory. DICE LA knocked it out of the park, that game was fun as fuck. Looking forward to their next installment.

But I'm most interested in what DICE Stockholm are up to, Star Wars Battlefront 3 perhaps?
4368 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    219  ] Older