Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 2822 (Senior)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battleborn Gets Supercharged
3. Re: Battleborn Gets Supercharged Jun 25, 2017, 22:12 Slick

it would be nice if you could switch toons mid match, cause if you get a bad team comp with 3v3 it's going to be painful.  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 10
4. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 10 Jun 17, 2017, 19:49 Slick

lol.

TBH the 40-man gameplay wasn't that impressive, it just seemed that no one really knew what they were doing. It was spawn die spawn die until you have enough credit to get a hero then have fun for 60 seconds.

I think that the fundamental changes they make should be an improvement, but I don't know, it looks like they might have totally gotten rid of regenerating health? And the blaster accuracy seemed to degrade very quickly?

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

News Comments > Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week
5. Re: Dawn of War III Free Content Next Week Jun 17, 2017, 11:14 Slick

Just picked it up for $30 on a greymarket site, I've heard that it's more MOBA than classic DoW game, which I understand the fans might not like, but that's music to my ears. The earlier titles in the series didn't really buzz me for longer than a few hours.  

News Comments > Quake Champions BJ Blazkowicz Trailer
1. Re: Quake Champions BJ Blazkowicz Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 18:02 Slick

..... oh i just woke up  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 14, 2017, 16:24 Slick

2017eclipse.ca

Some good tips on how to watch the eclipse, i didn't realise that you could just use your hands ^_^

News Comments > Destiny 2 and Beta Access with 1080 Cards
6. Re: Destiny 2 and Beta Access with 1080 Cards Jun 14, 2017, 14:24 Slick

I'll say this, Destiny 1 has by far the most satisfying controller "feel" of any FPS game I've played on a console. They had the auto-aim dialed in juuuust right, where it was still challenging, but not infuriating to land headshots.

Too bad it was locked to 30 FPS and an FOV of 2, that's the main shit I want to see changed IMO, I might even play this with a controller on my TV from PC. The controller mechanics are really well done if you need a break from hunching over a desk, hopefully that all ports over the the sequel.

But there's a lot of stuff I'd want to know about before buying this. full frame unlock is #1, fov slider is #2, effective server status #3, and how many people actually play on PC #4.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 14:41 Slick

Lol, well in comparison the last Battlefront game you literally unlocked all weapons at level 25. Levels up to 50 were only for cosmetic unlocks (sexy black storm trooper). I literally got all the guns unlocked on the second day of playing, as opposed to Battlefield 1, where I still don't have all the guns unlocked (mostly cause I don't really care).  

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 09:35 Slick

I guess you have a point, it's nice to have a clean slate to start with (first 2 weeks where I always annihilate everyone else). One gun in Battlefront 1 was fine by me, but if they for some ungodly reason (they're never done this before) opened up all the progression to be buyable from day one, then yeah, that would suck. But I don't see how any developer/publisher would think that's a good idea.

In Battlefield titles they've opened up progression packs for $5 if you're a total casual with no time, and I'm fine with that, it takes nothing away from me and my experience. But it only works because they do it at least a month or two after launch, not day one.

So your hypothetical is a plausible argument, but I highly doubt it's likely based on its own merits, with the added benefit of never having seen a precedent for this behaviour.

News Comments > Origin Access Free This Week
12. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jun 12, 2017, 09:26 Slick

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 04:55:
So this is a 2 week period where I can't touch BF1 unless I wanna see a dozen cheaters in every game.... gee, Thanks EA.

Sigh, we've been over this, read the thread.

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
15. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 03:26 Slick

NKD wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 02:51:
Hey man, I said it looked promising and my only problem with it is that they clearly shoveled Mass Effect into the dustbin in order to make it.

As an aside, I also agree that lately the negativity around here has been fucking retarded.

Yeah, you expect people like Cutter and Task and whatever Space Captain's latest alt account is to shit on everything, but lately it seems like everyone is getting into it.

Sorry man, I should have been specific and said the first 8 posts in this thread My short diatribe wasn't aimed at you good sir or madam.

And yeah, ME got thrown under the bus, but I'll take that on the chin for what Anthem *could* become. When you have such a super-talented studio like the Edmonton branch, you don't want to have them doing sequels forever, or else they'll just bleed talent when their developers get bored. I think this was the right move. Would have been nice to see Montreal deliver more with ME:A, but it was more than decent, a 7-7.5/10 for me.

On the lighter side of news, any of you check the Devlover press conference? holy shit it's great. If you don't have the time, skip to about 15 minutes into it when the "conference" starts. After all the corporate execu-farts of the big boy conferences, man, such a breath of fresh air.

12. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 02:33 Slick

I don't even know why I bother because half you trolls have already made up your mind about something you clearly know nothing about yet, but here's the full trailer that should get your dicks hard if you have functional genetalia.

https://youtu.be/amfbxX1mDH4

I think it draws a lot more from Firefall than Destiny, spliced with fucking IronMan (not Titanfall)

11. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 02:26 Slick

Jesus CHRIST. You guys saw the full gameplay trailer @ the Microsoft event right?

WHAT THE FUCK happened to you people? Are you all just soulless husks fumbling around in the darkness of your own despair?

I think it's time to take a break from this forum for a while, it's just negative post after negative post. No one likes anything, everything is shit, BOOO.

I mean, if your first reaction after watching that trailer is represented in the first 10 posts of this thread... jesus... there is no hope for you.

This board goes through cycles of being a reasonable place to engage with other gamers and being an utter cesspool devoid of any humanity. I think we're firmly in a "cellpool" cycle now...

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 02:02 Slick

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 00:22:
Slick wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 00:03:
WTF are you guys talking about, Pay-to-Win? They said specifically it's cosmetic items.

And Greed? Did you miss the part of the announcement where they said that all maps, guns, heroes etc. released post-launch are FREE FOR EVERYONE? They're giving the season pass away for free, and that indicates greed. K.

I swear to god, some of you guys just see what you want to see and have no place commenting on objective reality.

You are the one with no grounding in reality if you actually believe what they say at face value. EA/Actiblizz/Ubisoft don't exactly have the best track records when it comes to microtransactions and being honest with their customers.

Lol you obviously drank the Kool-aid.

EA "said" that all DLC for Titanfall 2 would be free. It happened. Now they're saying the same for Battlefront II.

But you're right, they're probably just using the biggest gaming event of the year to announce directly to millions of viewers a BIG FAT LIE. Oh EA, why you so greedy/evil?

Seriously, you guys need to adjust your world-view glasses to let in information that occasionally contradicts your established pre-determined narrative lest you miss everything good and die angry.

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 00:03 Slick

WTF are you guys talking about, Pay-to-Win? They said specifically it's cosmetic items.

And Greed? Did you miss the part of the announcement where they said that all maps, guns, heroes etc. released post-launch are FREE FOR EVERYONE? They're giving the season pass away for free, and that indicates greed. K.

I swear to god, some of you guys just see what you want to see and have no place commenting on objective reality.

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 11, 2017, 21:36 Slick

Yeah...

I think they're allowed real-money transactions for cosmetic items in exchange for giving away all DLC for free.

10. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jun 11, 2017, 21:35 Slick

So I redeemed this 7-day trial, it asks you to pick a plan after it expires... ugh, so I cancelled the subscription immediately, and it said that it's still available for the 7 days.

So for anyone who wants to fuck around, just start it and immediately cancel it, and you'll get your 7 days without any rollover bullshit.

8. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jun 11, 2017, 21:07 Slick

The first 6 Ultima games are in the vault xD  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
34. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:32 Slick

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:05:
Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer

You've got to admit that the engine looks simply amazing.

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location.

Oh Jesus Christ, CJ my man, it's been too long. I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

So I'm playing in a movie set, and that's bad, because I'm playing a Star Wars game, which is based on movies, but the actual locations look better, so the actual Tatooine looks better? Or the game's representation of the movie is bad because it's based on a movie and not the real location which is real, but video games aren't real, but they should be, but not movies...

Man, this hole goes deep. You're out of your fucking mind.

32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 01:54 Slick

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:16:
Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 23:33:
Maybe I'm a kid at heart but at 47 I still love Star Wars. But there is ZERO chance of me buying Battlefront 2 early or at launch and frankly not much chance of me ever buying it given the bullshit EA and DICE pulled with the 2015 Battlefront. An empty, soulless game lacking content with the added insult of season pass crap that almost doubled the price of the game, adding the stuff that actually made it worth the $60 it was originally sold at. Fuck EA for destroying everything it touches.

And to throw salt in the wound, it even sold with a pay-to-win gun (Han's blaster - which was totally OP at launch) if you bought the "Deluxe" version. Yeah, you could unlock it without money but only if you hit max level. In the meantime you'd get easily gunned down by the people who had one from the get go.

Yeah, I unlocked that gun on the second day... And it still required the user know how to aim...

It's funny because for BF4 and BF3, the #1 complaint from my friends was that there was no real reason to progress through the kits to unlock new guns, as most often the first or second unlocked guns were the most powerful and everything else was just slightly different versions of each other.

In Battlefront, they actually made the progression worth doing, and you got rewarded for it, and now the complaint is "how dare they include OP guns in the game!"

it was 25 levels to grind to get it, it wasn't hard, I felt sorry for people who paid for it, but it's no different than unlock kits they sell in other games.

And what's this about the season pass shit that put in what the game had been missing? The season pass was just map packs and some new weapons, pretty standard fare for dice for about 10 years. Don't know how this is a dealbreaker.

24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 21:40 Slick

SlimRam wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 20:53:
Bundy wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 20:14:
Both my kids still play the first one. The game simply wasn't made for you. It was made for children. Just like the movies.

Ding Ding Ding, there's ah winnah, Exactly this.

For a lot of guys that are in the 40 to 60 range probably on this site I think it's time to realize that a lot of movies, games and TV shows simply aren't made for us anymore. Sucks but we're old news now, literally

I guess I just squeak by for being mid 30's?

Never understood the hate towards this franchise. There are a million online shooters, this one has its own flair, but is by no means a fringe product that only appeals to children.

I've played some Drop Pod matches in the last one with some very high-level players, and there's a very high skill ceiling. The gunplay is tight, the movement is fast. These kind of fast-paced mechanics are what everyone seems to love about Overwatch and Quake Champions... And they're not all children. (loose comparison re: the speed of overwatch, I know it's a different genre)

Also, insinuating that "the movies" are made for children does a great disservice to the legions of middle-aged star wars fans out there. An you know that no one counts the prequels... Rolleyes

2822 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo