Total Posts
4207 (Master)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

4207 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    211  ] Older

Re: NVIDIA on Restocking Sold Out GeForce 3080s
Sep 22, 2020, 06:21
Slick

Re: NVIDIA on Restocking Sold Out GeForce 3080s Sep 22, 2020, 06:21
Sep 22, 2020, 06:21
 Slick

BTW for anyone hunting, this bot might be useful (one of the many counter-bot bots that has popped up trying to actually inform consumers instead of just feeding scalpers).

https://twitter.com/BotRtx
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Sep 22, 2020, 06:19
Slick

Re: NVIDIA on Restocking Sold Out GeForce 3080s Sep 22, 2020, 06:19
Sep 22, 2020, 06:19
 Slick

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 22, 2020, 05:51:
You definitely better get it now because waiting a couple of more months sounds like it would be unbearable for you.

Normally I would double-down on your sarcasm, but after getting Covid two months ago, fuckit, I'm not waiting. Having a real face-to-face with your own mortality has a funny way of making you stop planning for the future as much, and instead living in the moment. I got me one of them Samsung G7's too. Zero fucks given.

I do this also knowing full well that a 3080 will hold its value (for resale) in the coming months, and I'd like nothing more than to be amazed by AMD and sell my 3080 for Big Navi. I wouldn't aim to make a profit from it, but taking a small loss is fine with me if Big Red actually brings out the big guns.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Sep 22, 2020, 05:30
Slick

Re: NVIDIA on Restocking Sold Out GeForce 3080s Sep 22, 2020, 05:30
Sep 22, 2020, 05:30
 Slick

According to Tom at Moore's Law is Dead, Samsung's supply issues aren't that bad, that nVidia is holding back supply until October where the $50 rebate to AIBs for 3rd party cards expires.

According to him stock will improve in Oct, and the price will go up.

I got a preorder in on Amazon for an MSI Gaming Trio X, will be a nice upgrade for my 1080ti. I'm sad that AMD hasn't announced anything yet, I'd love to cancel my preorder and get Big Navi, but I've been waiting 3+ years.

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Sep 21, 2020, 22:39
Slick

Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 21, 2020, 22:39
Sep 21, 2020, 22:39
 Slick

Those Ridiculous Tech Myths is a fucking paid for ad from the high speed internet firm or whatever. Multiple times downplays the harm that Musk's "satalite trains" have on astronomers. Being married to an astronomer, let me just say that the reality is basically this is like the fossil fuel industry coming out with an infographic telling you that 30% of people are concerned about carbon emissions, when ACTUALLY you don't need to worry about that at all!

Highly bullshit.

Re: Microsoft Buying ZeniMax
Sep 21, 2020, 12:24
Slick

Re: Microsoft Buying ZeniMax Sep 21, 2020, 12:24
 Slick

Microsoft is looking down the barrel of the gun by losing the console wars for good this generation if they don't get their act together. The writing on the wall is to stay relevant you NEED a stable full of first-party studios. Sony has been beating MS at this, and it's won them a 2:1 console share. Another poor showing like that and MS is borked, they'll go the way of Sega lol.

NOW HERE'S THE ABOUT FACE, WATCH FOR IT:

Exclusivity is good for consumers because it will allow MS to compete with Sony, so us gamers keep the two giant games makers in business, competing against each other.

CRAZY RIGHT!?!?

It's almost as if in all of "our" bickering about what storefront we will or won't boycott on the PC platform, we've COMPLETELY ignored the awful console-exclusive titles that have defined this cycle. And now the only way to beat that practice by Sony is to play the same game with MS.

CONGRATS GAMERS! Keep bitching about Origin while Sony mad made you cough up $500 USD to play Spiderman and NO ONE CARED.

This is the bed "we've" made.

Slick

Re: Microsoft Buying ZeniMax Sep 21, 2020, 12:24
 Slick

Bob wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 12:14:
John Carmack seems quite happy about it.

It may allow him to work on the open source id games like doom and quake (for Quest VR). He mentioned in one of his VR hallway Q&As that he couldn't because Zenimax still hated him.

Carmack tweet:
"Great! I think Microsoft has been a good parent company for gaming IPs, and they don't have a grudge against me, so maybe I will be able to re engage with some of my old titles."

I really miss his keynotes at Quakecon. I could listen to him ramble about tech for hours and hours.

And I'd imagine he'd love to "get out of the house" more often re: his Facebook duties. I assume he helped the Quest along considerably, and it's a fantastic piece of VR kit, but fuck Facebook in general, and specifically their bait-and switch VR policies.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:15
Slick

Re: Microsoft Buying ZeniMax Sep 21, 2020, 12:15
Sep 21, 2020, 12:15
 Slick

Dr_Dissent wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 12:09:
Bethesda already said it would be a new engine for both Starfield and ESVI.

Yeah, but we've heard that song before. Remember the "new engine" that Skyrim was running on?

Sep 21, 2020, 11:08
Slick

Re: Microsoft Buying ZeniMax Sep 21, 2020, 11:08
Sep 21, 2020, 11:08
 Slick

No love for Zenimax. I like old Bethesda games, I thinkwe all do, but they've needed a swift kick up the arse to get in gear for over a decade now. Hopefully this MS aquisition will do it.

I wonder if Fallout and Elder Scrolls games will become xbox first party exclusives? (would also work on PC, just not Playstation)

Sony has had tons of JRPGs that only get released on Playstation for a looooong long time. Wouldn't be crazy to see the western console corner some big western RPGs, and Bethesda RPGs are some of the biggest western RPG franchises that exist.

Re: Sunday Tech Bits
Sep 21, 2020, 05:25
Slick

Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 21, 2020, 05:25
Sep 21, 2020, 05:25
 Slick

Steve and Joe alreayd beat this score (14,059 in Port Royale yesterday) Sorry Galax!

Re: Crysis Remastered Released
Sep 19, 2020, 01:46
Slick

Re: Crysis Remastered Released Sep 19, 2020, 01:46
Sep 19, 2020, 01:46
 Slick

Also 30 fps on Can it Run Crysis? mode is in 4k. How many of you are playing at 4k?

Honestly the hate towards this PC classic seems strange, but a sign of our times

Re: Crysis Remastered Released
Sep 18, 2020, 14:06
Slick

Re: Crysis Remastered Released Sep 18, 2020, 14:06
Sep 18, 2020, 14:06
 Slick

re: "shit performance"

The "ultra" settings is the "can it run crysis" mode, which is entirely tongue-in-cheek and designed to just destroy GPUs for the next decade+

"very high" settings are the real ultra settings, and it runs quite well from what I've read.

I figured there'd be more love for this...

Re: US Treasury Department Scrutinizing Riot and Epic over Tencent Connections
Sep 18, 2020, 11:44
Slick

Re: US Treasury Department Scrutinizing Riot and Epic over Tencent Connections Sep 18, 2020, 11:44
Sep 18, 2020, 11:44
 Slick

Are we at war with Eurasia or Eastasia?

Nice that we can turn our ministry of truth televisions off at least. See it's not all bad!

Other than living in a waking nightmare where parts of the world are on fire and literally look like Blade Runner 2049, military police wanted to use heatrays on peaceful protestors so Trump could get a photo-op in front of a church, and Scientific American breaks a 175-year non-partisan streak by having to endorse Joe Biden simply because he isn't anti-science.

Re: US Treasury Department Scrutinizing Riot and Epic over Tencent Connections
Sep 18, 2020, 09:37
Slick

Re: US Treasury Department Scrutinizing Riot and Epic over Tencent Connections Sep 18, 2020, 09:37
Sep 18, 2020, 09:37
 Slick

I gotta say, I enjoy the tone of discourse when it comes to global economic and political issues on Blues. It's as if we all have this hidden capacity for civility that we all conveniently ignore when the subject is about silly video games.

Re: Fortnite RTX Support Begins
Sep 18, 2020, 05:22
Slick

Re: Fortnite RTX Support Begins Sep 18, 2020, 05:22
Sep 18, 2020, 05:22
 Slick

Sure, a competitive multiplayer-only shooter. I'm sure people are lining up to halve their framerates to get ray traced reflections.

Such a gimmick.

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York Released
Sep 12, 2020, 05:22
Slick

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York Released Sep 12, 2020, 05:22
Sep 12, 2020, 05:22
 Slick

I was promised NSFW for that trailer Blue! False advertising. =p

Re: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack
Sep 12, 2020, 03:16
Slick

Re: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack Sep 12, 2020, 03:16
Sep 12, 2020, 03:16
 Slick

My wife and I have been to the park, and she's a big sims fan, so yeah, didn't watch the trailer, just bought it for her.

It's nice to know something things in life that are just assured wins so you don't spoil anything, and actually get to experience it purely.

Re: Xbox Series X & S November 10th - Xbox Game Passes to Include EA Play
Sep 10, 2020, 03:11
Slick

Re: Xbox Series X & S November 10th - Xbox Game Passes to Include EA Play Sep 10, 2020, 03:11
Sep 10, 2020, 03:11
 Slick

FUCK PHIL SPENCER

10GB on the Series S

goddamnit

we're all doomed.

Guess what? NEW LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR!

Even though 80% of next gen consoles will have 16GB, developers in the pre-planning stages will have to gimp their cross-platform games to a 10GB footprint

ARAGH@#$@$^@$^@$^@#$%@ #($&@#$)(!*#@%^#!)(*$^&@$#)%^(*&*@$%^)

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I hope devs honestly just don't support the S, say fuck you to Microsoft with this stupid move.

Yeah you can gimp the GPU that's fine, but RAM is RAM, it limits the scope of what can be happening in your game, even with all the SSD super fast shit going on.

Re: Evening Consolidation
Sep 9, 2020, 22:07
Slick

Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 9, 2020, 22:07
Sep 9, 2020, 22:07
 Slick

Remember those big bold next-gen worlds we were going to be able to explore? Well anything that's not a first-party Sony game will now have to run at 10GB,

That's 62.5%

I guess I'm getting a PS5. Thanks for sealing the deal Microsoft! Your first party games will have to run on these shitty specs, and your 3rd party games will have to run on these shitty specs.

Only the PS5's first-party games can make use of 100% of that GDDR6 that MOST of the consoles will have. Why even bother selling the Series X with 16GB? No one will use it lol. I mean not for anything INTERESTING. Not for anything FUNDAMENTAL TO GAME DESIGN. It'll just be filled up with some more redundant assets, because it all has to work on 10 GB GDDR6 anyways.

Fuck you Phil Spencer. I had such hope for you. I bought an Xbox One X, you were on the right path. The Series X sounds amazing. But you just fucked us all so eat shit.

#!$^@#$%^&#$%^*)@#$^&%(*@!#$&%(!@#*$^%&!#)$*^(&!#$)(%!#&$^)(!#$&*^%*

Re: Evening Consolidation
Sep 9, 2020, 21:53
Slick

Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 9, 2020, 21:53
Sep 9, 2020, 21:53
 Slick

FUCK ME 10 GIGS OF RAM

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK MICROSOFT???

Nice "lowest common denominator"

Fuck's sake.

I mean taking a hit to the GPU is FINE, these games will be ported to PC anyways where 4 next-gen Tflops from NAVI 2x will do just fine.

BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP EVERYTHING ELSE THE SAME YOU BLOODY IDIOTS!

Now all cross-platform developers just got kneecapped from 16GB ram to 10 GB RAM

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

BOYCOTT MICROSOFT

Unless someone can explain to me how this won't completely fuck the whole next gen of games and talk me off this ledge...

ARAGHHH@#$@#%^@$#^@^

Re: Crysis Remastered to Include
Sep 7, 2020, 19:50
Slick

Re: Crysis Remastered to Include Sep 7, 2020, 19:50
Sep 7, 2020, 19:50
 Slick

I just hope they somehow magically make the game multicore.

I remember the big markeking push that you "had" to have a good old intel Q6600 quad core to run it, then it turned out that all the AI, geometery and general rendering was just done on a single core.

If they can alleviate this bottleneck it will be a breakthrough, and I can't wait to play it again.

ESPECIALLY THE MULTIPLAYER SERVERS!!!!

Does anyone remember the server called: "FREE WEAPONS USA" that has a speed mod hack enabled by default? Man I really miss their multiplayer mode, it was so cool, like a convergence of the counter-strike system of earning credits per-round that you could then use on gear, guns, tanks, VTOL etc. but in a large 64-player "battlefield" like space.

Come to think of it, DICE totally used this idea with SWBF2. Maybe that's why I like that game so much. I hate waiting for a tank or jet to spawn waiting in the respawn screen in Battlefield games. So boring. Making it tied to points creates a much more dynamic and rewarding experience IMO. You start with just put infantry, and then if you're doing good, then you get enforcers, armor, starfighters, or heroes.

Does anyone have any experience running their own server on here? I'd love to see a BluesNews Crysis server. I'd pitch money for that.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2020, 20:05.
4207 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    211  ] Older