Total Posts
4516 (Master)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

4516 Comments. 226 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    226  ] Older

Re: Game Reviews
Sep 12, 2021, 19:08
Slick

Re: Game Reviews Sep 12, 2021, 19:08
Sep 12, 2021, 19:08
 Slick

Could be, but don't underestimate real gamers' ability to get mad, organize, and try to take down games for the stupidest of reasons.

Let us not forget that gamers were issuing death threats to CDPR for delaying CP2077, and then when it was released too early? You guessed it, more death threats.

The idea of gamers from any country getting swept up in BS nationalism in 2021 isn't just believable, it's par for the course, and definitely not a Chinese delicacy If anything I'd say we've perfected it in the west.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Re: Boring as Star Trek Discovery
Sep 3, 2021, 02:09
Slick

Re: Boring as Star Trek Discovery Sep 3, 2021, 02:09
Sep 3, 2021, 02:09
 Slick

"gimped gameplay, characters, and storyline"

SOMEHOW I forgot the most crucial part of the WD franchise that they gutted: "dynamic multiplayer events in singleplayer".

I... just....can't.....

I honestly think my brain has tried to shut out that information because it pains me so. And that's not even an exaggeration. Wrench from WD2 is the only action figure i've ever bought. It was such a perfect game. Fun like the early saints row games, with better gameplay.

fucking RIP
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Re: Boring as Star Trek Discovery
Sep 3, 2021, 02:04
Slick

Re: Boring as Star Trek Discovery Sep 3, 2021, 02:04
Sep 3, 2021, 02:04
 Slick

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 2, 2021, 01:09:
WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Sep 2, 2021, 00:33:
Did the last free weekend several months ago. I was not impressed with this game at all. I feel sorry for anyone that payed full price for this pos.

Thank you. I bought it full price at release on the strengths of WD2.

I deeply regret that decision.

Everytime I think of booting up Legion, I just think of the gimped gameplay, characters, and storyline.... Then I just boot up WD2.

I wish they added the RTX stuff to WD2. Am I crazy or did someone announce a WD remaster for next gen? Am I crazy? Is that just a re-occuring fantasy of mine?

Ubisoft Toronto is weaksauce, hence why I don't give a shit about Far Cry 6. Ubisoft Montreal is the real McCoy.

Re: Far Cry 6 System Specs, Preorder, Trailer
Sep 3, 2021, 01:52
Slick

Re: Far Cry 6 System Specs, Preorder, Trailer Sep 3, 2021, 01:52
Sep 3, 2021, 01:52
 Slick

I got this for free a year ago when I bought a new CPU. 12 months later... I'm starting to not really give a shit. I'd rather replay CP2077 :/

Re: Get Leisure Suit Larry 5 for Free
Aug 30, 2021, 04:29
Slick

Re: Get Leisure Suit Larry 5 for Free Aug 30, 2021, 04:29
Aug 30, 2021, 04:29
 Slick

Wolfen wrote on Aug 30, 2021, 01:54:
anonymous anonymous wrote on Aug 29, 2021, 21:52:
With the recent scandal involving Activison I'm surprised people here are promoting such a mysogynistic game series as Leisure Suit Larry without virtue signaling how problematic the game was. Your rules. Tsk, tsk.

Are you trolling? Have you ever played these games? Are you one of those folks who just read a headline and is then an expert on a matter?

With a name like that, are they capable of not trolling?

Re: Get Leisure Suit Larry 5 for Free
Aug 29, 2021, 18:06
Slick

Re: Get Leisure Suit Larry 5 for Free Aug 29, 2021, 18:06
Aug 29, 2021, 18:06
 Slick

Holywhippet wrote on Aug 29, 2021, 17:10:
As I recall, the designer of the games (Al Lowe) once said he'd never do a Leisure Suit Larry 4 or something like that. Then he had to make another game in the series. So he went straight to number 5 and included the in joke that the LSL 4 disks had been stolen so Larry couldn't remember what had happened to him.

Damn, some nice lore right there.

Ken sent me!

Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations?
Aug 29, 2021, 18:05
Slick

Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 18:05
Aug 29, 2021, 18:05
 Slick

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 29, 2021, 14:51:
El Pit wrote on Aug 29, 2021, 13:03:
Never understood the fascination of that game - delivering very fragile items to customers in a postapocalyptic world? It just sounds too tedious to me. But enjoy whatever you want to enjoy.

It's literally one of those games you have to play to understand the appeal. Reducing it to the bare bones objectives, yes sometimes you carry packages around. There is more to it than that, even though the transport is basically metaphorical anyway. It's a crazy, beautiful, wonderful, hard terrain walking simulator. With some gunplay and vehicles thrown in sometimes. And Monsters. And public works. And bodily functions. And extremely overkilled metaphors. I'd argue it's Kojima's best work, ever.

I'd recommend picking it up, especially if you can find it on sale. There really isn't any other game like it currently.

+1 to everything here, especially the overkilled metaphors lol

It's definitely Kojima's best work, but also his most "complete" work possibly since MSG or MSG2. Death Stranding has a beginning, and middle and an end that are all very satisfying.

I can't even remember when the last time I'd recommend a game solely on the ending, but this would be one of those games. Most finales in games are very lackluster, in this Kojima really delivers, better than most good movies do even.

Also, it's not just a walking simulator, but anything else anyone says will be a spoiler. Go into it with an open mind and remember what it felt like to be surprised in a videogame. I know, what a rare thing these days.

Re: Saints Row Announced
Aug 26, 2021, 15:54
Slick

Re: Saints Row Announced Aug 26, 2021, 15:54
Aug 26, 2021, 15:54
 Slick

Boys boys boys.... everyone settle down, old uncle Slick will unpack this in 2 and a half sentences:

Context is everything. We had a diverse cast of characters in previous games, yes, but they weren't ultra-hipsters, they were just racially and sexually diverse. In the context of today's society, these ultra-hipster characatures bring a lot of cultural baggage with them, as "people who resemble this cast" are often associated with "woke" culture, which did not exist in its current form 15 years ago when SR1 and SR2 came out.

removed
Aug 26, 2021, 03:09
Slick

removed Aug 26, 2021, 03:09
Aug 26, 2021, 03:09
 Slick

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Aug 26, 2021, 10:50. Reason: Intolerance (rule 2)

Aug 26, 2021, 03:02
Slick

Re: Saints Row Announced Aug 26, 2021, 03:02
Aug 26, 2021, 03:02
 Slick

sauron wrote on Aug 25, 2021, 18:28:
I'm up for this. Looks promising.

Why would I care about whether the gang are male/female/gay/straight/orcs/wraiths/aliens? So long as they kick ass and the gameplay is good.

Granted I live in NYC which is hela diverse. These days it's not like I don't care about that stuff - I just seriously don't even notice. On the other hand, I do notice peoples' behavior, manners and politeness - which seems much more important.

I'm sure you can concede that the characters look like the product of a corporate marketing department looking to cast a spot for a hip clothing line or something. It's not good or bad, but I did notice it, and I grew up in Toronto, one of the (possibly THE) most multi-cultural city in NA.

What ruins the trailer I think is that it's no longer a parody of the genre, and instead just becoming the genre they spent 4 games tearing to pieces. And when you do that with the cast of the "United Colours of Benneton" photoshoot, then people are going to misdirect their anger.

And TBH, I can't stand the hipster pure-breeds, so when all the main characters are dressed as hipster as humanly possible... It's just not an instantly pleansant gut reaction. Nothing to do with race, but how each race or gender is used is really really "hipster-y" and it does kinda get under my skin.

And the fact that some people on here have tied that with "woke-ness" is probably another subconscious thing that is getting under my skin. Not all hipsters are woke, but all woke people seem to look like hipsters. And if there's one thing I think we can all agree on, is that woke culture, but all it's good intentions is a fucking poison. And I'm a life-long liberal. A Canadian Liberal too, which by USA standards basically makes me communist.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2021, 03:12.

Aug 26, 2021, 02:51
Slick

Re: Saints Row Announced Aug 26, 2021, 02:51
Aug 26, 2021, 02:51
 Slick

Beamer wrote on Aug 25, 2021, 17:58:
NKD wrote on Aug 25, 2021, 17:54:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2021, 15:59:
Saints Row Woke Edition. Hard pass.

While this trailer is pretty meh, I'm not sure I see the "woke" aspect. There doesn't seem to be any ideological aspect to this trailer at all. Its just a bunch of dorks doing criminal shit?

Some people freak out over seeing a brown woman

From what I remember the first games were pretty "diverse" no?

Anyways, I wouldn't say "woke" cause that's politics, I'd def say "hipster" cause that's the aesthetic style of the characters.

That trailer though... for a game that lampooned conventions, to be towing that dumb blockcuster line now... it saddens me. Like when the Simpsons went from satirizing the classic 80's sitcom to just becoming one.

That being said, PERHAPS if you're gonna do the story over again, you kinda have to start out conventional, so you can ratchet things up with each sequel, but the way this looks, will it get a sequel?

Re: Activision Blizzard Accused of Stonewalling as Lawsuit Expands
Aug 25, 2021, 01:06
Slick

Re: Activision Blizzard Accused of Stonewalling as Lawsuit Expands Aug 25, 2021, 01:06
Aug 25, 2021, 01:06
 Slick

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 24, 2021, 21:48:
So, standard corporate process. Someone is surprised by this?

Common Kotick practice maybe. Can't wait to see that fucker gone.

It's also pathetic that anyone who bought ActiBliz stock after looking at the numbers glossed over these reports of awful coming from that price for over 15 years now.

Back when Battlefield 3 was finally "giving it" to the CoD franchise, for some reason on every double XP or free weekend event, "someone" was DDoSing the DICE master servers, and those weekends would all be unplayable.

I think it was a common perception that Kotick was directing these attacks, it was after Modern Warfare 1 and 2, and they were making a billion a year, then BF3 dropped and made a mockery of their busted ass Quake3 engine. And then all of a sudden CoD would run promotions on the same weekends that BF3 was doing promotions, and the battlefield servers would always get DDoSed. So weird, right?

Re: Get Leisure Suit Larry 3 for Free
Aug 23, 2021, 19:55
Slick

Re: Get Leisure Suit Larry 3 for Free Aug 23, 2021, 19:55
Aug 23, 2021, 19:55
 Slick

Never got into 3. 1 and 2 were my jam. 2 was so crazy.

Re: Psychonauts 2 Qu'est-ce Que C'est?
Aug 23, 2021, 16:06
Slick

Re: Psychonauts 2 Qu'est-ce Que C'est? Aug 23, 2021, 16:06
Aug 23, 2021, 16:06
 Slick

C'est bien oui?

Re: Saints Row Rebooting?
Aug 20, 2021, 13:52
Slick

Re: Saints Row Rebooting? Aug 20, 2021, 13:52
Aug 20, 2021, 13:52
 Slick

Series peaked at SR2 fo sho. I remember it as being one of the only games that Yahtzee Croshaw actually enjoyed on zero punctuation.

Re: Evening Consolidation
Aug 19, 2021, 22:25
Slick

Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 19, 2021, 22:25
Aug 19, 2021, 22:25
 Slick

I don't know what a truly next-gen NHL experience would look like, but maybe when they release one for just next gen consoles, with frostbite, I'll bite. Will be the first since 94 on Genesis.

Re: Call of Duty: Vanguard Announced
Aug 19, 2021, 22:20
Slick

Re: Call of Duty: Vanguard Announced Aug 19, 2021, 22:20
Aug 19, 2021, 22:20
 Slick

Philll wrote on Aug 19, 2021, 20:34:
Slick wrote on Aug 19, 2021, 19:25:
*crickets*

Nothing a few hundred million in advertising wont fix

I genuinely laughed out loud at this. Well played.

Re: Enhanced Quake Released
Aug 19, 2021, 20:22
Slick

Re: Enhanced Quake Released Aug 19, 2021, 20:22
Aug 19, 2021, 20:22
 Slick

I remember a good mechwarrior type mod for Q1, that could be cool.

So does this have raytracing?

Re: Call of Duty: Vanguard Announced
Aug 19, 2021, 19:25
Slick

Re: Call of Duty: Vanguard Announced Aug 19, 2021, 19:25
Aug 19, 2021, 19:25
 Slick

*crickets*

Re: Morning Patches
Aug 18, 2021, 17:37
Slick

Re: Morning Patches Aug 18, 2021, 17:37
Aug 18, 2021, 17:37
 Slick

Waiting patiently for cop AI to actually work, and not forget you just murdered 50 people if you walk around a corner and break their line-of-sight.
4516 Comments. 226 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    226  ] Older