Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3925 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended

6. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended Jan 17, 2020, 02:30 Slick

1) It takes me 6-10 games to get a level, and i'm no slouch when it comes to FPS games.

2) there are indeed 2x guns within the battlepass. The other 98 levels are all cosmetics and xp boosts and stuff. I've already unlocked the first gun, grinding towards the second gun.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended

1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended Jan 16, 2020, 15:17 Slick

Probably because I've put in 10 hours of grinding this stupid pass and am only lvl 20. They have a second unlockable gun locked to rank 30, and who knows if I'll actually get it.

Forced obscene grind to get access to basic guns that alter gameplay on a $80 CAD game is ridiculous.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

119. removed Jan 15, 2020, 10:56 Slick

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 15, 2020, 15:05.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players

14. Re: Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players Jan 9, 2020, 09:42 Slick

I've heard that it's similar to RDR2 online right now. You grind in order to unlock new things to grind, then you grind some more to get some guns, grind some more to get clothes, grind some more to get hats, then when you've gotten everything and actually start shooting other players they rage at you because you're interrupting their grinding.  

News Comments > Linux Battlefield V Bans

3. Re: Linux Battlefield V Bans Jan 4, 2020, 22:32 Slick

Yeah, can't see any downsides to letting a flood of players playing on the very user-moddable Linux platform play alongside all the normal PC players. Not like Battlefield has a history of people hacking their servers or anything...

https://youtu.be/ouvJm7UZ8XM

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation

3. Re: New Year's Eve Consolidation Dec 31, 2019, 15:53 Slick

I really hope that xbox doesn't bitch out with their "Lockheart" lower-tier console. That would gimp the lowest-common denominator spec that all game devs have to adhere to.

They should just take a loss like Sony did with the PS3.

Overall this is shaping up to be an extremely exciting console generation. 4k 60hz is going to be a real design target for all assets. Exciting times!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 28, 2019, 08:34 Slick

A 10-core Intel part is something to get a little bit excited about. At least they're doing something.

Still, who the fuck would buy a CPU coming out in the next year that's still on PCI-e 3.0? Get ready to be left behind for the next decade when all games are built from the ground-up for PCI-e 4.0 m.2 SSDs (ie on both leading consoles).

If you replace your CPU/Mobo every 1-2 years then sure, get excited. if not... fuck Intel. They should have cleared off half their die space reserved for the iGPU that no gamer touches and double the core count. They should have done that years ago.

We had quad cores back in what... 2006? Yeah, the Core2Quad Q6600 came out at the end of 2006. We've been on 4-cores from Intel for the mainstream for almost 15 years? Literally retarding the development of our species.

I can't wait to see how many of their security vulnerabilities they haven't patched with this new gen though ^_^

News Comments > Squadron 42 Video

9. Re: Squadron 42 Video Dec 26, 2019, 13:20 Slick

Slashman wrote on Dec 26, 2019, 11:37:
Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 26, 2019, 11:25:
Very pretty. Also incredibly lacking in starfighter combat for a starfighter combat game. One would think you would want the gameplay loop to be refined before you built the other parts around it...

What the hell are you smoking? This is Star Citizen we're talking about here man. They don't do it like ordinary folks.

The put their pants on both feet at a time facing backwards. THEN they adjust their body inside the garment to make it fit them. And only then do they put on their underwear.

+1

News Comments > GeForce Experience Emergency Patch

3. Re: GeForce Experience Emergency Patch Dec 25, 2019, 06:10 Slick

Well, if you want to use a flagship feature "Shadowplay", which you already paid for if you own the card, you HAVE to install the Experience. Also now you HAVE to log into that service to use said feature you already paid for. This was added as a requirement after-the-fact, so they locked people out of a feature they already had, paid for, and used daily, behind an account.

Fuck nVidia.

BRING ON BIG NAVI!

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits

12. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 24, 2019, 21:31 Slick

You're right, but what I mean is that the new APU directly compares with off-the-shelf components that PC builders can buy. Ryzen 3000 and Navi (specifically I think Navi 2).

Nobody was building systems with Jaguar cores, or the shitty gpu they had back then, and look at how much performance they squeezed out of it over the genration.

Google Stadia didn't buy 2080ti's to power their cloud computing mega datacenters, they bought 5700xt cards.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2019, 21:46.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits

10. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 24, 2019, 17:52 Slick

I don't know who's responsible for this clickbait, the publication, or nVidia, probably both.

I'll laugh when the Series X (with roughly the same tflops as a 2080) ends up being about the same price as a 2080 ($700 USD).

So buy the console AMD gpu instead of nVidia, and get a free case, PSU, UHD bluray drive, 8-core 16-thread AMD 3000 series CPU, 16 Gigs of GDDR6, and a (probably 1TB) SSD that's literally faster than anything you can currently buy for a PC.... ALL FOR FREE!

Fuck you nvidia, charging $1800 CAD for the 2080ti to give me maybe 20%-25% over the 1080ti that's 2.5 years old. Eat a dick jen-tsung. And no I'm not looking up how to properly spell your name.

And as someone already pointed out: ALL NEXT GEN GAMES WILL BE OPTIMIZED FOR AMD HARDWARE.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

4. Re: Morning Multiplex Dec 20, 2019, 16:27 Slick

The new first order jetpack troopers aren't amazing, but my god those new red troopers fucking DESTROOOOY!!!! they'll get nerfed hard. The resistance 2 new reinforcements are kinda meh, the heavy machinegunner is interesting at least, full mobility w/ minigun makes it feel like the heavy guy in TF2.

Still can't believe they're coming out with BB-8 and the black "Evil BB-9" as playable heroes for light and dark sides in January, shit is going to get silly.

News Comments > NVIDIA Announces PhysX 5.0

5. Re: NVIDIA Announces PhysX 5.0 Dec 19, 2019, 14:03 Slick

re: Next Gen Games, they have to do SOMETHING with all the extra CPU power they're getting.

Ideally it would shatter the glass ceiling as far as game design goes, stuff we''ve never even thought of dreamt up by creative people.

But if they're lazy at least they can just re-create the same 3rd person action-adventure schlock that has been done for 20 years, but now with super cool physics (With the new AMD physics thing done on CPU).

Also FUCK NVIDIA for buying out PhysX and then letting it mothball. They set back physics simulations about 15 years with their shitty anti-competitive garbage tactics.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2019, 13:53 Slick

Of course. Hence "go team red". Have you guys been asleep in hardware news for the past year? lol.

I hope Intel comes back, but they're not the smart buy right now.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 18, 2019, 19:50 Slick

wtf_man wrote on Dec 18, 2019, 19:43:
P4 vs Athlon... AMD Spanked Intel for Several years. (P4 sucked that bad and I ran AMD Back then because of it)

Core vs anything AMD... Intel Spanked AMD for the last decade and a half.

Currently, AMD has pretty much caught up IPC-wise and started spanking on multi-thread.

Next year will be very interesting.

That "Netburst" architecture of the P4 sorta sucked, but I had one before getting an AMD 3000+.

"Core" started to kick ass cause of multicores, but once Intel added the integrated memory controller (that previously gave AMD their lead) onto the CPU die with "Nehalem" (first gen i-series) was when Intel truly left AMD in the dust.

So happy to see this reversal. Fuck Intel and their utter complacence, price gauging, unfair practises, and shady behaviour.

I'm super proud to be rocking a 3900x. With the recent announcement of AMD's open tech doing advanced physics on extra CPU cores, I'll be good for the next console cycle.

Especially cause all AAA games (and most other games) are going to be built from the ground up specifically for Ryzen 3000 and Navi.

Don't kid yourself, even their GPUs are going to start killing it. Google Stadia servers didn't buy a bunch of 2080ti's for their cloud arrays, they bought 5700xt's. There's a reason for that. a 5700xt punches in the same class as a 1080ti or 2080 right now, but wait until the next gen games come out that are all specifically (down to the metal) programmed for these chips. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Fuck Intel.

Fuck nVidia.

Long live team RED!

And next eyar when they drop "Big Navi" I'll get that, and my computer will last the next 7 years until the next console cycle begins.

OOOOOH RAH

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 18, 2019, 19:12 Slick

280hz screens are dumb.

And not cause "no one can see over 60, 120, 165hz etc."

Most game engines are locked to 200 FPS max, or at least a lot of them are. Cpus are the limiting factor in most cases, especially with new games.

That and the 280hz is probs just an overclocked 240hz, which means more overshoot on the already shitty colour performance of the 240hz TN panels every company uses (I own one)

240hz TN panels use 6-bit + dithering to achieve a "fake 8-bit" colour space. This means that there is TONS of both white and black crush. It's fucking awful. But goddamn is it smooth as a baby's ass.

News Comments > Get POSTAL 2 for Free

9. Re: Get POSTAL 2 for Free Dec 16, 2019, 18:58 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 18:50:
Time to watch Falling Down again.

Or just go straight to the heat of the meat and watch "Downfall" =p

6. Re: Get POSTAL 2 for Free Dec 16, 2019, 18:37 Slick

In Postal 1 you could press "x" at any time to load a shotgun into your mouth and paint the pavement with your brains.

Anyone remember that Rockstar game where you ran around malls and public places with high-powered weapons killing people? "State of Emergency" Yeah, you could get away with that shit in 2002. Go look at some youtube videos, I think i'm already on a list for the keywords in this post LOL.

1. Re: Get POSTAL 2 for Free Dec 16, 2019, 15:21 Slick

Yikes.

First Postal was a gas when it first released, by the time Postal 2 came around it was already "okay buddy, whoa there"

They're working on 4 now?

Creatives have the right to make whatever they want, but there's also responsibility. Is this really what the world needs right now? Postal 4?

News Comments > The Escapists Free on Epic Games Store; 12 Freebies Coming Next Week

8. Re: The Escapists Free on Epic Games Store; 12 Freebies Coming Next Week Dec 13, 2019, 15:14 Slick

Geez, since it hasn't been posted already, I'll just say what's obviously on everyone's mind here:

Epic game store is a tainted cesspool of hot garbage that's run by villains who literally want the destruction of everything good in this world.

We good now?

3925 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >