Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 3868 (Veteran)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?
11. Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 02:44 Slick

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 22:19:
Tautology 101 Pokestick

I see what you did there

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Cross-Play Beta Early Access Begins
2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Cross-Play Beta Early Access Begins Sep 19, 2019, 18:08 Slick

I thought crossplay was xbox-ps4 can someone confirm console-PC? I wanna see a citation for this shit.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
20. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 14, 2019, 21:22 Slick

Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 17:47:
Fun Fact: On PC, the data is that the launch day peak concurrent players of Borderlands 3 is about *twice-as-high* as the all time peak concurrent players of Borderlands 2.

Because there's more people today who played BLs 1 and 2. Obviously the peak concurrency is going to be higher. That's not an indicator for the game's success, Ditchford.

Wait, what? No. What?

So what is your metric for of "success" then? What unit of measurement are you using, also, do the constants "more=bad" and "less=good" exist in your universe?

News Comments > Saturday Multiplex
1. Re: Saturday Multiplex Sep 14, 2019, 16:50 Slick

CAN'T FUCKING WAIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 13, 2019, 04:42 Slick

Oh that Verge article on the iPhone preorders made my skin crawl.

It's fucking Malibu Stacy with a hat, and the author is the 50 year old man-child waiting at the entrance to rush it.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 12, 2019, 01:00 Slick

All this dope racing drone footage makes my dick hard.

Almost makes me sad I bought a Mavic, racing FPV drones are some next level shit.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Trailer
28. Re: System Shock 3 Trailer Sep 12, 2019, 00:27 Slick

Acleacius wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 11:55:
It looks amazing visually, here's hoping they don't forget the RPG and Stealth elements.

FYI, yes you guys are weridos for not playing SS2!

Am I alone in thinking that visually it looks incredibly dated? I mean the art assets look good, but the engine, the amount of detail... I hate games that just remind me that games are still being made with the original Xbox One as target spec. This looks like it was made with Unreal Engine 3 for the PS3 or something

2020 console cycle can't get here fast enough. PS4 and XBone were already dated hardware when they released 6 years ago... It really shows.

News Comments > Gears 5 Released
10. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 11, 2019, 01:32 Slick

Drayth wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 13:00:
All I know is Digital Foundry gave the PC port extremely high praise.

Yeah I watched that video, the graphical options are Crysis-level.

Still looks like a boring game tho. And even with all the tweaks, has a very last-gen feel.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 11, 2019, 01:27 Slick

it's really not much of a fix, MIGHT get you +0.025 Ghz on a burst single thread.

I got the 3900x, it's amazing. Their marketing is just bad, class action lawsuit in the making.

News Comments > I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickiní Good Dating Simulator
5. Re: I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickiní Good Dating Simulator Sep 10, 2019, 12:24 Slick

I think 30 seconds of this video has honestly snapped me out of my depression. This is the greatest thing I've seen in a long time.  

News Comments > Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only
14. Re: Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only Sep 8, 2019, 15:43 Slick

I called it, that's why pre-loads only came together at the last minute. They don't have a solid encryption system yet. Although you'd think there were some watermarks or something in the metadata that would pose as an identifier to review copies, incase any of them landed on the torrent sites on or before launch.

Either way, it comes off as either incompetent or unfair, even though I'm betting there's a real technical hurdle they're trying to overcome underneath the surface. Or as someone postulated, some security risk with European reviewers? Who knows. What we do know is that the first week after launch is usually when a game makes their money back, or doesn't.

But don't most people playing these games buy on console anyways?

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Show Announced and Borderlands 3 Launch Party Video
7. Re: Borderlands 3 Show Announced and Borderlands 3 Launch Party Video Sep 7, 2019, 23:23 Slick

I'm out of the loop, what did Pitchford do to make gamers hate him other than putting Boarderlands 3 on EGS? We all know him for his ego and genral lack of couth, but what was his mortal sin that turned everyone against him that has nothing to do with EGS?  

News Comments > The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store
38. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 14:58 Slick

Abzu is supposed to be good, I got it for my Hexbox One and haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I miss really engrossing well crafted AAA single-player games. Cyberpunk can't get here soon enough, cause I just keep going back to playing multiplayer shooters...  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC
38. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 20:25 Slick

Sepharo wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 19:51:
He's joking.

Lol, you're probably right. But honestly ask yourself, can you really tell?

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC
34. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 19:38 Slick

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 13:32:
OHHH so basically CDPR just announced that they plan on charging FULL PRICE for an unfinished game just like EA!!!

Couple things:

1) What game doesn't cost FULL PRICE? No matter what the number is, I'm assuming that it's full price at launch.

2) Inferring that post-launch content and support is equal to releasing an unfinished game is a fallacy.

If they delivered only SP, you'd be 100% content that it was a "finished" game. But they say they're going to release more content later, so now it's unfinished? Where does that lead us? So any game still actively supported post-launch is "unfinished"? Is the only "finished" game one where all support and production has ceased? Would you consider World of Warcraft an unfinished game? They've been releasing content for 15 years...

I do remember some story about an EA game, Battlefield 1 maybe? Where they released the first DLC free for everyone, but everyone was just mad insisting that the product on release was unfinished lol. Seems like some developers just can't win.

What's the play here? If you were the game company, what would you do?

News Comments > Splitgate: Arena Warfare Season One Begins
1. Re: Splitgate: Arena Warfare Season One Begins Sep 4, 2019, 19:24 Slick

That game is sooooo bad. Everyone wanted to love it, but it's core shooter mechanics just have something terribly off about it.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 4, 2019, 15:42 Slick

just upgraded to a 240hz monitor, it makes a considerable difference from 120hz. 240 to 300 is a hard sell though. Would rather do what i did and overclock the pixel timings to ensure I'm getting the black frame insertion @ 480hz flawlessly. I have zero ghosting.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads
11. Re: Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads Sep 4, 2019, 09:51 Slick

It's probably not a server bandwidth issue, but more an encryption issue. If someone cracked the game from a preload, that would be bad. This used to happen if I'm not mistaken back in the early days of direct downloads.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive Video
13. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC Aug 31, 2019, 23:44 Slick

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 20:40:
Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 10:34:
I think i wanna jack into my 65" tv for this @ 4k, problem is finding a long HDMI cable that actually works at 60fps 4k

Does HDMI suffer from signal degradation over distance?

Oh fuck yea it does. I'm Running 25 feet and I can only do 30 FPS. Anything more and the screen just blacks out, flashes, colours warp, artifacts etc. etc. etc. Tried 3 different long cables, no diff. There's a reason HDMI 2.0 cables that come with like a 4k box, xbox one X etc are all equal or lass than 6 feet. Hoping that the new 2.1 standard will solve this, but those cables I can't find over 10 feet right now, still early (HDMI 2.1 is 3x the bandwidth of 2.0, 18 to 48 gbps, and it's a bandwidth issue).

Some rare days when all the stars are alligned I can run 4:2:0 10-bit at 60 fps for like 5 minutes before it craps out, but that's just like a static image mostly, the more data (busier the scene) the more it chokes out. And 60 fps 4k HDR videogames are just about the hardest, densest things to drive.

Solution is just moving the PC closer, but I don't wanna do that everytime.

And Thanks for the suggestion KxMode, but as far as I know the Shield doesn't do HDR streaming. Besides, the native output bandwidth should be about 18 Gbps from Hdmi, using compression to even 100 mbps is a huuuuge picture quality downgrade. Like going from a reference UDH Blu-ray to internet streaming (still really good internet streaming, but streaming nonetheless).

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive Video
8. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC Aug 31, 2019, 10:34 Slick

Kxmode wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 09:55:
I7-8700
RTX 2080 Ti
32GB DDR4-2133
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB
LG 27" 4K UHD IPS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm ready to jack in at 4K60! Dance

I REALLY hope we get to find out what the Internet beyond the barrier looks like!

I think i wanna jack into my 65" tv for this @ 4k, problem is finding a long HDMI cable that actually works at 60fps 4k

3868 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo