Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 2077 (Senior)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer
5. Re: Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer Sep 30, 2016, 12:30 Slick

Very nice video.

I enjoyed the first, other than MGSV it's the most fun I've had playing stealth. But there was something about it, I just couldn't finish it, put about 6-7 hours in, then never returned. The game mechanics were really fun, and it managed to TOTALLY nail the right balance of when AI can see you, it felt "realistic", considering with a first person view, you had to be able to maintain line-of-sight just to navigate the enemies. It was just forgiving enough, but the moment you got too comfortable and figure "nah, they don't see me if I just pop my head up" nope! alarm, reinforcements, epic combo chain sequence.... so you know, not all bad.

The art direction in the first was incredible too, same guy who did HL2. The sequel looks sort of similar, not sure if it's the same guy.

There are two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid, and most of them aren't rich. -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor
10. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 30, 2016, 00:35 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 19:48:
They keep blaming overwatch but they can't be self reflective and just admit their game sucks.

Have you actually played it? It's pretty good. The same satisfying boarderlands-like gunplay, in an FPS MOBA.

Overwatch decided to change their plans at the last minute and did an open beta literally the same day that this game launched. It was a total cockblock.

Overwatch is a good game, but it's VERY different from battleborn.

Overwatch is TF2 with a bit more polish.

Battleborn is Paragon except more FPS than MOBA, and actually fun.

There are two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid, and most of them aren't rich. -Cutter

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
27. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 29, 2016, 00:33 Slick

Yeah, I don't think your appraisal of MP being nothing but "hyper competitive 12 year olds" is anything close to accurate, but hey, different strokes...

In battlefront I do MUCH better against humans than the bots. You have a chance to outsmart a human, you don't have a chance to out-smart a bot, they're just terminators that lock on you and focus all fire on you. It's like playing a game of CoD on a high difficulty where all you're doing is peaking around a corner, having 12 bots firing at you, maybe kill one of them, then get back in cover and wait to heal up. It's boring. You can't go all rambo and leeroy bots. But you can against humans, because they're disorganized as fuck, and assume since there's 5 of them standing there, that some of them are OBVIOUSLY taking point. So you focus the one that actually sees you, then kill the other 4 that have their heads up their ass. Can't do that against bots.

Sure some people are asshats online, but you can A) turn off VOIP, and B) turn off chat. problem solved. And cheating is a very low-occuring problem. Besides, I'd be more concerned about going up against a team of literal aimbots than one human with an aimbot. It's true, going up against an AI firing back at you isn't fun, I think you proved my point Also you don't need to feel like your presence is weighing your team down, it's a pub match, there's zero expectations.

And if the BF1 beta is any indication, the average age and IQ of people playing MP is 6.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2016, 00:39.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 4K Trailer
11. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 29, 2016, 00:14 Slick

Sick video, such great movement, looks like they smoothed a few of the rough edges when transitioning between the different moves.  

News Comments > Planet Coaster Crash Trailer
3. Re: Planet Coaster Crash Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 22:30 Slick

I have currently pre-ordered BF1, FFXV, WD2, and Planet Coaster.

And I'm honestly looking forward to this the most.

5. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 18:06 Slick

Leper wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 16:40:
I'm still a bit confused why EA gave them the greenlight to make Titanfall 2, I know the first one was a financial success but that was because on xbox one the selection of games was rather thin. This looks pretty but where is the physics and destruction? Large stompy robot can't even move a shipping crate or down a tree.

I imagine it's cheaper to make a sequel using an existing engine, tweaking assets and adding some features, then to create a new IP. They may have also started working on 2 before 1 was complete which makes it more of a decision to cancel than to greenlight. Like most every company, they want to turn this into a CoD franchise where each iteration has great profit margins.

"like every company they want to turn it into a CoD franchise" I think you just mean "franchise". You know there's been more than one Super Mario game too...

And games don't have to introduce a new engine with every iteration, that's preposterous. You know how many games are made on the Unreal Engine? It's like building a whole new manufacturing line warehouse for every new product you make, instead of just using the one you've already built.

In no place is this a "standard".

Also you're using the term "IP" wrong. Intellectual Property is the franchise. It doesn't matter what iterations the engine go through, that has nothing to do with IP. You could make a new IP using the same engine.

4. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 18:01 Slick

Isn't Titanfall made in Source? I don't think it will be that hard to achieve 4k/60fps resolutions. I mean just look at the game, it looks very 2006.

But the movement just draws me in, I really don't know why there aren't more games like this. Movement is everything.

But yeah, visually not impressive at all, colour palette is drab and uninspired, textures aren't anything special. No there's no destruction etc. but that's okay, that's not what the game is about. When it comes to FPS mechanics Titanfall has a leg to stand on. Visually though? pretty dated.

24. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 08:05 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 05:10:
Prez wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 18:41:
Was AIX the singleplayer/coop mod for BF2? If so, I enjoyed the hell out of that. I would love another one of those for a later BF game, but it looks like that will never happen. The theory about the technical hurdles of programming bot AI to navigate deformable terrain being too high makes sense, but I still wish it to happen. Yeah I'm a dreamer.

It *might* happen someday. They just added offline single player bots to Battlefront. I'm hoping they add them to BF1. If so, I'll pick it up. I just don't play multiplayer often enough to justify the expense without single player bots on the multiplayer maps.

So if you only have so much time, why would you rather play against bots? It's an honest question, but one that I'm truly puzzled about.

In battlefront there's bots, and it's awful.

Playing against humans you can trick them, outsmart them, see them pull crazy combos on you. You learn stuff. You don't learn anything from playing bots, it's like playing against hackers who have the aimbots just dialed down. You can't sneak up on a bot, you go sailing through the trees with a jetpack and any enemy with line-of sight now targets you, that shit never happens in an MP match. Bots don't get distracted, they also lack the ingenuity to actually overcome obstacles in a smart way.

In conclusion, if you only have X amount of time, why waste it playing a watered-down inferior version of the experience? "Battlefield moments" don't happen playing against bots. If it's a skill thing, just know that the matchmaking was spot-on during the beta, almost every conquest round ended with a ticket disparity of about 10-15 tickets (out of 300). And only when servers started to die off late at night did they become lopsided.

19. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 04:32 Slick

just played the 2142 revival, the move speed is so slow, and the maps are so big. Really does make you think before choosing where to spawn, or how to approach things.

Everything else about it is fucking godawful though, I recommend anyone who thinks the height of the series to be BF2/2142 to take a trip down memory lane with the free revival (community mod hosted servers).

Newer BFs feel better in every respect, except that feeling of taking your time. It also "feels" like you're progressing through the levels more because of the 150m wall of fog in every direction. I forgot how it was to play in the gunships, and just finding the other gunship was most of the battle, it's like dogfighting in a small bubble in an infinitely opaque cloud.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
15. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 28, 2016, 04:01 Slick

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 03:14:
as someone who hates playing console games unless I have to...

I played hundreds of hours of Destiny on my PS4. It has extremely well polished game mechanics so everything feels good.

What is lacked, was any sensible content that wasn't a massive grind to upgrade weapons/armor.I quit at Crota raids after I got all the items I wanted and never went back. I hear the new expansions are good but it really was a huge grind fest.

Also, LOL @ DESTINY HAVING A 10 YEAR PLAN EH BUNGIE?

I said from a few months after release that it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they take destiny engine and make destiny 2 and give up on destiny 1 in a few short years because of the screw ups they did.

It was never a 10 year plan to support that one game... not sure where you think you read that. It's obviously 10 years across multiple games, like Halo, CoD, etc...

But you're right, the game mechanics were tight, the shooting was probably the most satisfying i've ever seen in a console game. The auto-aim was juuuust forgiving enough without turning into a GTA game. I HATE shooters on console, but I did enjoy Destiny, would def pick up the sequel on PC, the 30 fps cap, and hella zoomed-in FOV was fucking nauseating. Especially in MP when people are running around you really fast, uuugh, PUUKE

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
6. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 27, 2016, 21:42 Slick

I lawdy lawdy I do hope they favor us with a 30-FPS cap just like the consoles. There's nothing I like better than an FPS game with an FOV of 2 running at 30-FPS, oh yes indeed!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 27, 2016, 21:25 Slick

I wish Yves luck, Vivendi is fucking awful, and would destroy Ubisoft.

You think EA is bad?

You think Microsoft Game Studios are bad?

Wait until a monolithic multi-national mega corp takes over.

I know that people generally hate the Uplay app thing, but their games are usually pretty good. They certainly have large production costs for their big titles. The Division was really good, Ass Cred is kinda stale now, but had a nice long run of really detailed games, and Watch Dogs looks to be fixing alot of issues in the sequel, which was produced with a "GTA"-like budget. Well I actually don't know what their budget is, but Chicago looked brilliant in WD1, in many ways a lot more impressive than GTA V (sans redux mod)

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Tools Beta
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Tools Beta Sep 27, 2016, 21:18 Slick

Well, they have 3 months to get it out of beta for their promised 2016 release. No one anticipated that with a 2015 release game, saying "mod tools in 2016" actually meant December 2016.

This was the only reason why I bought this game, bring us back to a time of PC modded CoD zombies, it's going to be a blast.

They're probably just not releasing it until all the paid DLC has been delivered, and then given some time to settle, as PC modding will make paid DLC map packs look like a terrible waste of money.

The new zombie maps are really good though, I'll say that, lots of love and care went into them, each either their own gameplay mechanics unique to each map.

14. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 19:07 Slick

Looks like they're continuing their foray into serious cinematic territory, like they've been doing since they broke from the bad company series. Bad Company was silly and fun, but I think it also worked because Frostbite was new, there were glitches galore, they didn't really have control of the engine that they wanted, so they purposefully kept it light.

Since BF3 they're tried to tell a more cinematic SP story, and to their credit, they have been getting better at it. They seem to want to create a movie with their SP, which by all accounts, their engine would allow them to get away with, the narrative and emotional scope that you could evoke with those graphics...

I'm half interested in replaying the BF4 SP campaign, but I've already replayed it a few times... It was good, the first 4 missions or so at least, the last 3 kinda fizzled out, but a really solid first half.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
190. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Sep 27, 2016, 02:10 Slick

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 01:48:
Slick wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 00:45:
I thought that Clinton did a great job personally, I was honestly surprised.

All I call back to is her speech at the DNC, which was awful, and so shrill, motherfucking Shrillary amirite?

But tonight she was poised, she was attentive, prepared, composed, and not shrill at all. Just the tone of her voice sounded like she was channeling that calm swagger that Obama has. I've been waiting for her to learn that lesson.

OMG and Trump talking about "the cyber" I almost died. Apparently he doesn't own a computer, or know anything about them, he has a smartphone which he tweets from, and that's about it.

That's ok, he'll put his 10 year old in charge of the cyber. It'll be tremendous. Believe me!

I did like one thing the moderator said. After Trump said he'd release his taxes after Hillary releases her deleted emails, the mod said, "So releasing your taxes is negotiable?"

I want to see more news agencies start nailing him on his bullshit tax claims. Where is his audit letter to prove he's even being audited? So much of his claims about his own success as a businessman, which is his primary argument for why he should be president, are not verifiable without access to his taxes. The press needs to get seriously educated about his "financial disclosure" stuff and what it does and does not show and start a full court press on him on that subject and not let up until he releases them.

I've always contended that his tax records are by far the most important part of the Trump puzzle, and if you unlock them you can defeat him, which is shamelessly and obviously why he's holding them so close to his chest.

You could reach the flyover states with pleas of "you pay your fair share, why shouldn't the billionaire?" Good old-fashioned down to earth folks working an honest day's work and paying their share, Trump think he's above you, and is in fact proud of it, see "It's because I'm smart" comment referring to not paying a dime in federal taxes.

And the fact that there's no audit letter is just icing on the cake. You'd think to withhold something, for a very specific reason, you'd have to at least show that reason, right? Not in Trumpland. If a child was sick from school and says "I have a very good reason, I was sick, my doctor wrote me a note", and you ask to see the note, he can't say: "No you can't see the note".

The flip flops were just all over the place too, I can't recall exactly, I'm sure they'll be picked apart by the diligent parts of the media, but he was basically saying how Hillary was a crook for exploiting and aiding other exploit loopholes etc. And then goes on to brag about all the loopholes he slips through because "he's smart".

Speaking of diligent parts of the media, just caught this on ABC: A fact checker of both candidates, who guess what were caught lying on several occasions.

All in all it was a good night, had lots of fun pausing the broadcast with my wife as we repeatedly face palm and yell at the TV.

188. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Sep 27, 2016, 00:45 Slick

I thought that Clinton did a great job personally, I was honestly surprised.

All I call back to is her speech at the DNC, which was awful, and so shrill, motherfucking Shrillary amirite?

But tonight she was poised, she was attentive, prepared, composed, and not shrill at all. Just the tone of her voice sounded like she was channeling that calm swagger that Obama has. I've been waiting for her to learn that lesson.

OMG and Trump talking about "the cyber" I almost died. Apparently he doesn't own a computer, or know anything about them, he has a smartphone which he tweets from, and that's about it.

178. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 26, 2016, 21:19 Slick

"I'm a great believer in all forms of energy" - Toupee'd Pumpkin  

177. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 26, 2016, 21:09 Slick

AAAAAnd trump goes IMMEDIATELY negative, quelle surprize.  

176. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 26, 2016, 21:05 Slick

it's beginning!!!

2x 2 minute responses to the questions, then a 10 minute period where they "talk at each other", oh jesus.

174. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Sep 26, 2016, 20:33 Slick

Just you watch guys, these elections are going to be so rigged, the Hillary supporters are all just a victim to mob mentality, and they're going to lie and cheat and steal like they always do.

It's not just that a majority of adults with working brains have the same string of expletives cross their mind when they watch Trump speak, it's just an unruly mob! they're all just sheep.

MOVING ON!

Don't you think it's odd that a candidate is saying how an upcoming election will be rigged, and won't be fair, MONTHS ahead of the election!?

By this logic, Trump is projecting that he thinks he isn't going to win.

Or, he will win, and then what? Step down because the election was rigged?

It's the same way that the militant media arm of the GOP, Fox News, pushes these bogus stories pushing their narrative until the mainstream media picks up on it, and then it's a "real story". And if the Mainstream media DOESN'T run with the story, it's just because of the "giant left-wing liberal elite media conspiracy".

They win either way... well, when intelligent people can't think for themselves.

2077 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo