Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kuba

Real Name Kuba   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Qbex .
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Steam : QbeX
PNS : Korniki_dwa
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983263699/
Signed On Aug 8, 2012, 11:11
Total Comments 150 (Novice)
User ID 57520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
15. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 03:40 Qbex .

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:01:
Turns out I have the first Bioshock as a separate physical game, and the other 2 on Steam. I'm probably shit out of luck to get the Remastered version for free.
You should be good as long as you have disc and manual/box with cd key on it. I was on the same boat ,I have collectors edition B1 in tin case, not transferable to steam activation thingy.
Go to Bioshock 1 support page on 2k website and open a ticket with photo of disc and manual / box, your steam account name and ask for collectors upgrade , they will send you steam key for B1.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 7, 2016, 19:47 Qbex .

ps4 pro - please stop that 4k capable nonsense, with the hardware it got its just a 1080p console full stop. Pr people are delusional.  

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
4. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 10:27 Qbex .

Battery size is not a problem, you don't need big battery for two phone type screens and bunch of sensors. Just a small battery pack on the back of the neck will do nicely and balance whole thing on the head as a bonus. Latency on the other hand is a big issue. This will require some smart solution. Hate to say it but I called it right after Vive launch -in 2 years tops we will get gen 2 vr kits : hi res oled and wireless. Glad I waited out this one.  

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
31. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 19:41 Qbex .

I smell Intel trying to strangle Zen in its infancy, just in time for AMD launch its cpu savior (with PCIe3.0 no doubt) Intel will smack that platform with new and Intel exclusive PCIe 4.0 and promise of DDR5 ram, just you wait.  

News Comments > Prey Trailers
10. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 5, 2016, 00:45 Qbex .

I dig that trailer so much, looks like Arkane takes a stab at system shock formula, after theirs dishonored/thief before that. I'm totally aboard hype train now
BTW whats with the whole butthurt over Pray naming? It's not like first game was a cult classic or anything. For me it can be called "Tetris Rampage" as long as its a good game in the end.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2016, 00:50.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 1, 2016, 01:51 Qbex .

That's what sacking 50% of your engineering dept does to your product.
I really rooted for AMD lately, I had some great hardware from them and ATI over the years and Nvidia and Intel getting on my nerves gouging market by dominance. But holy shit, that whole Polaris is such a disappointing hype train, I got the feeling that upcoming zen cpu will be the same - half assed, late and buggy. I was planing to get rx480 for my low power htpc as a sign of support for the company but after waiting 2 months from the launch still no custom cards in sight so I end up buying zotac 1060. Not a good sign for red team.

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
30. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 20:13 Qbex .

This card is just a pure cash grab from nvidia and not a proper "titan" ie - bridging card with strong fp64 for computation like predecessors. Its clearly top dog gaming card for rich folks. Sadly this is what lack of competition does for top end. Until we get some amd card in that segment this will continue - inflated prices of 1080s and stock shortages to create more demand. Forget "non Founder" prices just like I predicted on launch (not a single 599$ card sold since the launch) Yet pr outfits - ie tech press almost creamed themselves over 1080s 599$ value. Getting shafted on cpus from intel now same thing on gfx side. Depressing.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
28. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2016, 05:36 Qbex .

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 01:11:
Qbex . wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 00:56:
IRQ settings for SB cards

So... were you an I5 or I7 guy? Wink

I7 for life

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
24. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2016, 00:56 Qbex .

I love this LGR video , just watched grinning 1h video of dude building old 486 dos box with all those tasty components. That sound of dram stick clicking alone just made me happy.
The amount of crap I still remember about those builds, IRQ settings for SB cards, two tier dos memory setting in your editable config and autoexec files, ide cable directions etc etc is crazy. Troubleshooting pc problems in early 90s without internet was a different ballgame - payed in bloody fingers and busted parts LOL. You only slot your cpu wrong once hahaha.
This just made me want to build a sweet Pentium 100 retro box, some TNT2 and GUS/Awe32 cards and crt screen for some retro gaming trip...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 9, 2016, 02:16 Qbex .

Step in the right direction, dell was always up there when it comes to "top dog" displays + ridiculous prices. My dream screen would be 4k 32"-34" 16:9 OLED with variable refresh (ideally gsync+freesync).
I'd welcome bump in ppi coming from 1440p 27" ips 100Hz "gaming sweet spot" right now.
Imho optimum ppi is around 110-140 for a gaming while sitting at desk. Burn in and motion blur is just a question of maturing OLED panels and won't be an issue in 1-2 years time while colour and blacks of oled eats every other tech for breakfast, no contest when you actually compare one with ips.

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
22. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 29, 2016, 05:51 Qbex .

Finally! , I'm backing this mofo and can wait to play it. I know I'm in minority but I actually liked ss1 more when it came out then ss2 later on. Both in my all time top favored thou.
I don't give two shits about orchestral music, give me cyber/dark ambient over it any time.
Next proper Thief remake and I'm golden Beam

News Comments > Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers
3. Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers Jun 15, 2016, 02:55 Qbex .

This can't come soon enough, first day purchase for me.
I sunk close to 400 hours in M&B:Warband and it's modded versions.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
17. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 01:44 Qbex .

I second that, HH podcast is fantastic.
WWI and Khans got me so stoked for games in that periods as nothing else. Sadly not many good WWI games around.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 22:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 18:24:
So Kevin Spacey is in the tank?
It looks good, if Michael Bay directed a WWI movie. And did I finally see the HD Red Dead Redemption game I've been begging for since I got rid of my 360?

But watching the attack on that Zeppelin makes me want 2143 and Titan mode so much more.

I don't think it's bad that they Bay-up WW1. It was a pretty much a slog for much of the war in reality. And I appreciate that they have gone out of their way to use real weapons and tactics instead of creating some alternate history. Lastly, kudos for approaching a conflict that almost no one else has done.

While I would love a new BF 2143 game, we've had a lot of these near future games lately or soon to ship, so the WW1 setting is definitely refreshing. And it ties in nicely with all the WW1 memorials that have been commemorating the 100 year anniversary of the conflict. I wonder when they'll do the Korean conflict? There was such a unique blend of technology there.

Lastly, anyone with a boring commute or looking for something to listen to while jogging should check out Dan Carlin's five or six part podcast series covering The Great War, called Blueprint for Armageddon. Fantastic stuff. Here's part 1.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
9. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 10:58 Qbex .

I knew that "twice faster then titan x" was just a sleazy pr talk. What we have here is a 30% real life gaming improvement over stock 980Ti , and realistically 15% over custom factory oc designs for a 150$ more then 980 when launched. Oh, don't you worry, "founders shafters" pricing is here to stay, no card builder will sell you 100$ cheaper version until competition shows up.
What a let down.
First Kaby Lake 7700k flipping SLOWER then 6700k now this.
This is what lack of competition look like.

News Comments > DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements
14. Re: DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements May 6, 2016, 01:18 Qbex .

I really want to like it, being obsessed with 1 and 2 back in the day. Also music riffs from original in this trailer give a slight geek boner but after that mp demo shitshow I'll wait for my mates reviews first.  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Extended
30. Re: DOOM Open Beta Extended Apr 18, 2016, 09:30 Qbex .

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 09:08:
I couldn't get past the smeary look of the game. Like it was rendered at 480p and up scaled to 1440p. I'm betting it's largely the shitty AA they force you to use, but there's no way to turn it off to check. You literally cannot get a good look at anything in the game, it's all slightly out of focus.

That's because that pos reverts back to 1080p on your 1440p screen even if it says 1440p in options, you have to re-apply it every time you start the game. From technical and A/V side this beta is as shitty consolised trash as it gets, core mechanics are even worst IMHO. Worst part is, judging by recent AAA "beta" trends that are just glorified demos few weeks before lunch I can bet not much if anything will change at release, sure they will unlock some gfx options but not much else.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Maps Explored
9. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Maps Explored Mar 17, 2016, 05:39 Qbex .

Kinda tired of all Id Tech engine games being openGl- ignoring Sli configurations, weird fps locks, texture streaming and all that rubbish. Don't get me wrong I would love new engine to be Vulcan based but after Mr. Carmack departure I'm sure as shit that's not going to happen.

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
14. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 05:53 Qbex .

This look freaking awesome, one of my fav games of all time gets modern reskin. I did not expected that. I'm throwing money at screen as I type this.
Thief Gold next please and I'm sorted

News Comments > SUPERHOT Released
8. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 04:56 Qbex .

so good... This would be ideal in VR, just saying...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 24, 2016, 06:26 Qbex .

Game is worth exactly as much as buyers are willing to pay. Simples, game's good - it will sell for 20$ no problem if it's not so good will end up like "Sunset", moot conversation. I applaud brave devs to price it as they see fit if they believe in the project but at the same time I know sure as hell I won't be buying mediocre indie game for 20$

150 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo