Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Andrew Stich

Real Name Kevin Andrew Stich   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steazy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm supa old school, but BluesNews doesn't recognize my attbi.com as a valid ISP anymore
Homepage http://www.wikidtab.com
Signed On Jul 19, 2012, 15:24
Total Comments 118 (Novice)
User ID 57499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 14, 2017, 22:01 Steazy

Hmmm, isn't this the plot of Total Annihilation?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 17:06 Steazy

Timmeh wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 13:41:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 11:21:
That's just sad that US scientists have to resort to this sort of nonsense everytime the GOP takes over.

yeah like Obama re-tasking nasa to work on "claimte change" instead of interstellar travel.

That's not BS at all.

Trump said he wants to push space travel. In libtard land that's "unscientific" because its not related to stealing money with carbon credits and bullshit like that.

Throw every liberal POS idiot so called "scientist" out of nasa and get some real ones in there.

TL;DR: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

News Comments > Walking on Arizona Sunshine
5. Re: Walking on Arizona Sunshine Jan 26, 2017, 17:02 Steazy

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 14:56:
None of this matters if the audio still cuts out after 10 minutes. Was hoping to see that in the big fixes.

I really enjoy what little I've played of the game. It looks great, runs MOSTLY ok on a 970. Scavenging in vehicles is where I see the most frame loss, but also anytime I'm VERY close to an object. I'm betting reprojection is on 100% of the time. Pistol aiming down the sights is broken as hell, but I think it's because shooting from the hip feels shockingly accurate.

It's the closest thing to a REAL VR(only) game so far, so it's hard to get too twisted up over it.

Still having audio issues? I think there was a patch a few weeks back specifically addressing that. It's a Unity game though so no guarantees that'll help you

News Comments > Prey in May
20. Re: Prey in May Jan 26, 2017, 16:56 Steazy

Fion wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 13:41:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 00:32:
I'm confused, it said Cryengine in the credits. One of the reason I was avoiding this craptastic id engine. Hopefully they will get their story strait, at least by release.

Did you play Doom (2016)? Id Tech 6 is amazing!

I don't understand all the IdTech hate. Sure 5 had its issues but 6 really knocked it out of the park. Doom 2016 is gorgeous and runs like a Turbo McLaren. You'd rather have a CryEngine game? I thought CryEngine was basically dead at this point. Didn't pretty much all the top talent at CryTek get snapped up by Bethesda to work on IdTech6?

I mean, look at this shit - it's amazing.

Clearly I'm missing something, help me understand!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
18. Re: Prey in May Jan 26, 2017, 16:36 Steazy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 08:06:
rawbelly wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 02:04:
We need an old abandoned Football stadium somewhere where masses of people can just show up and beat each other to death, gladiator style. Get it out of their systems.

Do you want Thunderdome? Because that's how you get Thunderdome.

Ugh, why can't we just get beyond Thunderdome?

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
20. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 26, 2017, 16:28 Steazy

Wow 20 posts in and nobody has mentioned Vietcong?

Particularly the uncensored (non-US) version.

Edit: I guess that was a bit ambiguous - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game)

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 24, 2017, 13:08 Steazy

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 10:40:
It is a shame that Walton Goggins makes such a good villain. I think he could be a great leading man if given the chance. Always impressed with his acting skills.

I'd say he was one of the less villainous characters in Hateful Eight, which I personally thought was amazing. Completely agree.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 19:20 Steazy

descender wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 16:47:
Now... i don't disagree that the elites get special treatment... but Hillary wasn't prosecuted because she broke no laws. There were no laws on the books for any of this while she was in office, Obama only signed them into existence in 2014. The "rules" about private email use that every keeps referring to are state department guidelines, not laws. Rules are meaningless and non-enforceable in court which is exactly why they didn't pursue charges. They would have lost.

The mail server was a hosted 2010 exchange server. There is no need for wild speculation or mockery, this is public information. In an unrelated note, it was found that the Trump campaign was running off of an unpatched Exchange 2003 box. Must have been really hard for Wikileaks to crack that one! Rolleyes

The only thing she could have actually been pinned on here was mishandling of classified information and dodging FOIA requests. If they pursued that for Hillary they would have also had to charge the last 3 secretaries of state with the same thing.

I love when people scream about how irresponsible and insecure her private email server was and then complain that they aren't shown the "classified" contents of this "insecure" email server. So, the server had classified documents, that you don't think were stored securely enough, so the logical solution is to release all the "confidential" emails to the public? Either the emails were top-secret and shouldn't be released, or the emails *aren't* secret and thus irrelevant - and of all the email servers that got compromised in this election cycle, it wasn't that one. The doublethink makes my head a splode.

I heard somewhere that said email server had been set up for Bill by the NSA or some shit? Former president Bill. As in, probably the exact same setup that the public email server had? Can't find any source for that now though, so I'll just go repeating it until someone corrects me. Either way it stands that those 30k emails DJT bitched about were pretty fucking secure.

So people were upset that she stored classified emails in a server that was *too* secure for them to be properly leaked? Or maybe, just maybe, they were really that desperate for Hillary's risotto recipe.

Whee 2017!

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 9, 2017, 19:45 Steazy

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 19:19:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 18:52:
I didn't get it either. Still don't. Guess I'm not keeping up with the Twitterverse.

It's a reference to Trump. His bad fake tan makes his skin look orange, depending on the lighting. Likewise, during the second Presidential debate, he would frequently roam the stage while Clinton was talking, mean mugging the camera and hunching his shoulders in a way that no less an authority than Jane Goodall described as being "like a primate dominance display". Finally, Trump's Twitter handle is @theRealDonaldTrump.

Wow this explanation makes my shitty joke seem smart and sophisticated - thanks

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2017, 17:50 Steazy

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 16:24:
Executives being charged? I won't hold my breath waiting to see if they get convicted.

You may have to hold your breath until all the toxic emissions clear

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 9, 2017, 17:14 Steazy

The real question is who the hell is buying GTAV still? They must have sold at least two copies to every man woman and child on earth at this point.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 9, 2017, 16:57 Steazy

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 10:43:
I'm surprised Trumpco hasn't put that little prick in charge of the FDA.

I'm more surprised that Twitter would suspend Shkreli for targeted harassment of a reporter but completely ignore @theRealOrangeOrangutan .

I mean, I know they have absolutely no morals. They're happy to make money off ISIS recruitment videos for christ sake. I just would have expected them to let the Shkreli slide under the radar so as to draw less attention to their own hypocrisy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
17. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2017, 16:32 Steazy

The grand old pizza -

Surprised there's no comment about the IRL WatchDogs action going on w/ these Smart Meters :X

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
5. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 17:58 Steazy

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:49:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:37:
I am one of them.
Great game with flawed, exploitable AI.

Same here. Great games with a few avoidable flaws, e.g. it was silly how enemies could hit you right in the face from a mile away with a pistol or even a SMG on full auto. The save system also sucked royally (slightly less in the second game which at least allowed you to save 3x per level IIRC).
I'd love to see more non-linear sandbox FPS games in this style where you have a huge ass level and total freedom in how to achieve your objectives without a default predetermined path. Just add proper AI and a save anywhere and I'm a happy camper.

Oh god, the (no) save system. I remember that part. Definitely a "hardcore"/"oldschool" game element that I don't miss

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
1. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 17:23 Steazy

I don't remember there being many fans of the old game...  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2016, 15:59 Steazy

Yea Budget Cuts would be a no brainer for Valve to pick up :X  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2016, 15:10 Steazy

*Guy  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
3. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Dec 29, 2016, 19:15 Steazy

Why does everyone have to make their Mech games so terrible?  

News Comments > Orc Hunter VR Early Access
6. Re: Orc Hunter VR Early Access Dec 29, 2016, 17:39 Steazy

bigspender wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 21:42:
The better VR games I find are the ones that were already good games, and they've just added VR. Such as DCS World (it's free too).

Thanks for the tip on DCS World - will check that one out! Project Cars is also great.

I've had a blast with Serious Sam VR: First Encounter (the one where you run around).

Overkill and Sairento VR are pretty fun as well, both were mobile games AFAIK that added VR.

Superhot VR is amazing.

There are some fun "native" VR games though. Raw Data and Onward come to mind.

News Comments > Orc Hunter VR Early Access
2. Re: Orc Hunter VR Early Access Dec 28, 2016, 15:33 Steazy

Legolas Simulator VR

Can't wait to have Shadows of Mordor VR

118 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo