Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Andrew Stich

Real Name Kevin Andrew Stich   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steazy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm supa old school, but BluesNews doesn't recognize my attbi.com as a valid ISP anymore
Homepage http://www.wikidtab.com
Signed On Jul 19, 2012, 15:24
Total Comments 137 (Novice)
User ID 57499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 2, 2017, 21:05 Steazy

Maybe CCP didn't have much luck because their games were either low quality (Gunjack - buggy, ugly, not fun) or pay-to-pay trash (Valkyrie, $60 game, MP only, w/ more or less required micro transactions for each match you want to play - yes, they expected players to pay *per match* after shelling out full price for a glorified tech demo - oh and usually those matches are full of bots... why can't we have a single player mode?).

Not even to get into all the misleading promises around EVE Valkyrie (like integrating with EVE Online... or a single-player campaign, which each sold a bunch of copies for them - then they dropped those plans immediately and silently after launch in exchange for ship hats that players could rent).

If I had paid for either of those games they would have been the quickest refund in my life - and I didn't even bother to refund the horrendous John Wick VR game.

This says more about CCP than VR, IMHO. They made seriously (and obviously) dumb decisions and seemed to give zero fucks about the people who bought their VR games.

It's a fucking shame because the actual game play in Valkyrie was/is *awesome*. They fucked up the meta game so bad, and it was obvious from day 1, and CCP acted like their dicks were so big it didn't matter and we (the players) needed to just learn to fuckin' deal. Well we did, we didn't buy your stupid game and it brings me great joy to see them whining about it now cause they're just reaping what they sowed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
18. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 19:24 Steazy

Lorcin wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 17:47:
I think I'm going to wait - I replayed The First Order during the summer.

Man everyone keeps telling me about Wolfenstein: The First Order but I never played it

Joking aside, I really enjoyed the New Order... didn't like First Blood as much. I thought the gunplay was excellent in both of those, I'm curious which games people feel are better? I want to play those!

I liked the combat better than Doom even (though Doom looks *much* better and is possibly a better game). Probably just because fuck nazis.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer
9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2017, 19:31 Steazy

First 3 IIRC?  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 9, 2017, 15:36 Steazy

Who is buying The Sim 4 and GTAV still?!?  

News Comments > Tentative SAG-AFTRA Deal
8. Re: Tentative SAG-AFTRA Deal Sep 26, 2017, 20:25 Steazy

This seems good to me?  

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Launches
19. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 19:07 Steazy

MyNickNameHere wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 18:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 17:41:
Blizzard didn't invent the MMO Wheel but it did refine it. Same goes for every genre. But Epic Games was putting out marketing material using the PUBG name. It is the Battle Royale "genre" which you could use FPS, MOBA, RTS, etc, but no the explicitly used PUBG in referencing their game, which is a pretty big no no among devs.

If you climb of your high horse that's facing the wrong direction and read Bluehole's explanation you will find that they have issue with the Unreal Engine being used for both games. Nothing to do with marketing, nothing to do with the name, nothing to do with the genre.

Also you clearly haven't been into games for a long time. Its very common to reference your inspiration for creating your game.

Yea how dare Epic use the Unreal Engine to make their own game! Obviously the Unreal Engine was created by god for PUBG and all the time Epic engineers spent creating all the engine features that PUBG uses was actually paid for by Bluehole and Epic has *NO RIGHT* to use their own code!... not many people know that.

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
27. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 17:45 Steazy

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 17:35:
Unless Epic actually copied code from PUBG this is just useless dev whining.

Surprised no one has pointed out that PUBG runs on Unreal - ya know... Epic's game engine. To further the irony, pretty sure PUBG uses features that Epic developed primarily for Fortnite.

So in a nutshell, BlueHole used Fortnite (Unreal) code to make a Battle Royale game and is now complaining that Epic used Fortnite code to make a Battle Royale game.

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
7. Re: Crisis Action VR Early Access Jul 25, 2017, 14:34 Steazy

Yerp, don't touch this :X  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2017, 19:21 Steazy

... uhhh... aka today?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 27, 2017, 17:48 Steazy

Actually both Unity and Unreal are furiously working to use as many cores as possible, we'll see whose approach pays off by the Ryzen benchmarks I'll wager.  

News Comments > Bloody Zombies Announced
1. Re: Bloody Zombies Announced May 10, 2017, 01:17 Steazy

I was excited for this until I saw the trailer...  

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
8. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 2, 2017, 15:06 Steazy

Half-Life 3 Confirmed!  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews May 2, 2017, 13:45 Steazy

RIP GameWatcher - QC *closed* beta is under NDA :X

Not even supposed to discuss the characters in public... definitely not post a review...

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 2, 2017, 13:41 Steazy

Always suspicious when some group announces an amazing new camera that's going to change everything... but don't provide any examples of the photo/footage it takes?

Found one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snSIRJ2brEk

From what they're sharing it sounds like they've just refined the process used almost 6 years ago by these guys - just chroma-keying lasers to different color sensors on the CCD to run them in parallel. http://news.mit.edu/2011/trillion-fps-camera-1213 - 5 times the FPS but 1/100th the resolution as half a decade ago, nice work - oh also it's B&W now. I'm sure this is great for research but can't we just get a few pretty videos out of science so we can show people it's worthwhile

Except the videos from MIT looked amazing and the one from Lund looks like motherbrain on NES.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 15, 2017, 15:19 Steazy

So they show the CPU temps, but not the CPU load? So what if it can idle in windows if it'll burn up as soon as you do anything taxing :X  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2017, 15:13 Steazy

Clearly the solution is to buy a more expensive computer  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
12. Re: Destiny 2 PC Hype? Mar 30, 2017, 14:54 Steazy

Looks like everyone and their grandmother is taking preorders for a PC version, so that sounds like a confirmation? Was the hype train real?  

News Comments > Competitive Counter-Strike Holsters Two Weapons
1. Re: Competitive Counter-Strike Holsters Two Weapons Mar 26, 2017, 07:37 Steazy

In other news... Blues Newsers apparently do not care about Counter-Strike.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Images?
13. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Images? Mar 26, 2017, 05:49 Steazy

Tell ya what though... I'd play a WW2 Battlefield game again in a heartbeat  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 14, 2017, 22:01 Steazy

Hmmm, isn't this the plot of Total Annihilation?  

137 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo