Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Flak

Real Name Flak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://web.archive.org/web/20020529005241/http://www.unrealtournament.com/
Signed On Jun 27, 2012, 11:21
Total Comments 178 (Novice)
User ID 57481

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Free Weekend
2. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Free Weekend Sep 2, 2017, 11:31 Flak

Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 20:07:
this game is about as unfun as a hangnail

This comment is about as unpainless to read as punji trap spikes to the face

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game
6. Re: Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game Aug 9, 2017, 12:41 Flak

Based on what? They've shown no indication that this is going to be any different than how they've operated the past few years.

People on Blue's News probably don't waste money on a F2P card game but sadly the amount of money Blizzard makes off Hearthstone, and the amount of money that Valve makes off selling Dota skins and TF2 hats to morons, can you really blame them for being greedy cunts? I mean there's apparently a massive army of idiots out there that like to spend a lot of money on this cheap shit. Blame the idiot gamers who have embraced the culture of watered-down, P2W garbage, not the corporations whose sole existence is to extract as much money from said idiots as possible.

Welcome to video games in 2017, isn't it delightful!

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
32. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 12:51 Flak

Fuck Microsoft, 'nuff said.  

News Comments > Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI?
6. Re: Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI? Jul 27, 2017, 12:19 Flak

[url=][/url]
Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 10:08:
Hopefully it's not going to just be more GTA online.

Sadly it's going to be exactly the opposite. GTA Online has made them an insane amount of money and there's no end in sight. It's surprising considering that the Online was basically tacked on after the fact. The single player is amazing, but there are way too many fucking idiots out there spending mom's VISA on Shark Cards. I've owned the game since launch and have almost 750 hours on record and I've never spent a dime, I also have probably $10 million+ in assets in Online. Thanks again stupid people!

If Rockstar can build a full-featured online game from the ground up however, I'm willing to give them a chance to see if they can come up with something more functional than GTA Online without all of the pre-pubescent/hairy man-children modders.

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
1. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 11, 2017, 15:12 Flak

EA...oh EA...you never fail to disappoint!

Created a pretentious division titled after 'Extraordinary Experiences'...this revolutionary new team of innovative developers sat around a boardroom for months, no, years so they could come up with a hybrid concept of Titanfall and Destiny (two remarkably mediocre games in their own right)? SMFH. Even the name is such a flimsy rip-off of Destiny. WE ARE BIOWARE, THIS IS OUR ANTHEM, HEAR US ROAR!!!....*meow*

All of this from a company that often has an incredibly difficult time making ordinary experiences feel competent

How can you not love this team of year? Popcorn

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
2. Re: 11 Million Paladins and Counting May 21, 2017, 12:17 Flak

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2017, 11:50:
If it was a real success they wouldn't be engaging in bullshit marketing speak. 11 million people who tried an F2P game for a few minutes and quit means nothing.

Not to mention 'trading cards'. It seems half the time a huge number of 'players' will idle a game, especially F2P, for the trading cards. They have no interest at all in the actual game, but because of Valve's half-baked ecosystem, it invites a lot of non-usage of games that devs/publishers will tout as legitimate stats.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
5. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 10:48 Flak

Bungie has a pathetic track record on PC, lets translate this mess of an announcement into what will really happen:

• Game will be delayed for some time on PC

• Launch day will be a disaster with servers overloaded and bugs galore

• Poor port quality. Locked 60FPS (or worse 30), no support for 21:9 aspect ratio or super-widescreen. Control schemes designed for controllers (mouse acceleration on by default, no options to disable)

• Extremely limited graphics options/tweaking. Will probably need to do alot of it through .cfg/.ini files

• Poor performance and driver instability

• Multiplayer stability will be a huge problem, multiple patches in the first weeks will be needed to even get instances working. I doubt things like parties and joining on friends will work at all.

• Incredibly overpriced! This game will retail for $59.99 and probably stay there for a good long time, with minimal sale prices, and equally overpriced DLC that adds marginal, copy+pasted content.

• There, just saved you a lot of time and some money on another mediocre PC port. If you're really interested in a game like this and haven't played Borderlands, buy the entire series for half the price and have twice the fun.

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
    9. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 05:35 Flak

Slick wrote on May 10, 2017, 03:57:
    Still the best engine, the best FPS hit detection, the best a lot of things. The main game modes are getting dull as fuck for me after playing the same shit for 15 years, but going to Battlegrounds is just painful trying to aim, shoot, or have your hits reg. Say what you will about BF1, the underlying technology is the high bar for FPS games.

This may be the most frustrating part of all. After DICE LA massively cleaned up the mess than was the launch of BF4, the game evolved into a very tight shooter for it's scale, to this day it's still the most fluid and fun large-scale multiplayer FPS by a large margin. BF1 is a technical marvel on many levels, visuals, audio design, netcode performance among other things. If only they put the same amount of thought into the game and level design. With some fresh ideas, the franchise could really be given a breath of fresh air given the technology they have.

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
    5. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 02:08 Flak

19 million players and yet the active player count is not that much higher than BF4. Hard to believe so many suckers paid $50+ for that...but actually now that I think about Battlefront which was pretty much the exact same soulless husk of a game that stupid asshole gamers paid a lot of money for.

BF1 (aside from Hardline...spin-off doesn't count) is the first Battlefield game I haven't purchased at launch, let alone it's launch year.

The cheapest I can find it for from a 'key' site is $35...that's a joke for the base game, I wouldn't pay more than $15 on it's best day.

Double-bonus edit: Oh, and EA can fuck right off as long as they keep fragmenting their community with their dumbass premium MAP DLCs.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2017, 14:13 Flak

It's even worse if you live outside of the US, half of the decent content anyone wants to watch is 'unfortunately unavailable in your region'.

Until these content providers get even the slightest clue as to what's actually going on in 2017, they can get fricked, they can get fricked hard.

Bonus: Live-streaming sports (legitimately) online is a joke, there's a huge delay, meaning if something big happens, you're getting texts/messages from friends about it long before you even get to see it. Yet if I stumble upon a youtube or similar illegitimate live stream of the exact same event...it's like 8-15 seconds ahead of the 'legit' stream and is much closer to the one people would be seeing on conventional TV. It's a joke on so many levels.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2017, 15:10 Flak

Ahh Philly fans...you never fail to disappoint

https://youtu.be/-a6ej477GxM?t=4m9s

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details
    15. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 17:19 Flak

There was no 'escape' function in the beta if you got to the login screen but the servers were down.

Oobisoft still as massively incompetent as ever! What a waste of bandwidth that was.

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 122M
    10. Re: Minecraft Sells 122M Feb 28, 2017, 14:16 Flak

Bundy wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 14:10:
    But like someone said earlier, the real money is probably in the merchandise. I only have 1 copy of the game but my kids have 5 or 6 shirts, bunch of toys, etc.

This is why I think Microsoft actually bought the franchise, the licencing/merchandising is lucrative beyond anything the base game brings in.

I imagine we're not too far off from 'Minecraft' the Box Office Megamovie, assuming it hasn't already come out and I just missed any mention of it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    47. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:57 Flak

Carlin nailed it: Garbage in, Garbage Out.

Maybe we should stop looking at the politicians and getting angry at the pitiful choices, and instead look at who is responsible for putting these clowns into power...THE PEOPLE. The people are ignorant, uneducated, and largely stupid (enough to vote in a immoral con-artist). Until the US fixes the root cause, enjoy Donald Trump and much worse in the future. This is bound to get worse before it gets better from that perspective.

Hilary is a joke too, so don't get me wrong. It'd be just as bad if she had been elected. Moral of the story, you're fucked either way. At least if you stay home and choke the chicken you actually have something to show for it afterwards.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
    10. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 15:22 Flak

jimnms wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 15:12:
    Microsoft, if you're serious about committing yourself to PC gaming, then get the fuck out of the way, it does better without you.

End of discussion!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
    6. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 11:54 Flak

Timmeh wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:40:
    Flak wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:22:
    Second Battlefield game that I don't play/own on Day 1 (next to Hardline).

The beta was pretty fun, but the balance seemed way off (are higher level players still hugely advantaged with kit selection?). It's also hard to justify paying $60+ (and DLC) for essentially re-skinned games year after year.

Maybe once this hits the $30 range, which knowing EA's track record with Battlefront and Hardline, will probably be the case by Christmas.

This seems a lot more than just a reskinned game.

Because the graphics are nicer?

Bad Company 2 had better destruction. No evolution or any kind of advancement on that front aside from 'dynamic weather' (which they've been speaking about since BF3). The weapon/vehicle balancing is way off. Conquest is largely rendered useless based on the game play decisions they decided to go with (at least in beta). Nothing has really been done to further promote squad play.

The only redeeming factor to the game aside from fresh content, is the fact the network optimization isn't complete garbage like it normally is for the first 6 months of any DICE multiplayer game.

I'm sure it'll be a fun title for years to come, but after spending $60+ on every Battlefield game I can ever remember, this one feels largely the same with some 'ohh, that's shiny!' moments.

Reskinned was probably a harsh characterization since DICE actually tried with this title, I just don't see it as a full-priced purchase. My loss I guess.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
    1. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 11:22 Flak

Second Battlefield game that I don't play/own on Day 1 (next to Hardline).

The beta was pretty fun, but the balance seemed way off (are higher level players still hugely advantaged with kit selection?). It's also hard to justify paying $60+ (and DLC) for essentially re-skinned games year after year.

Maybe once this hits the $30 range, which knowing EA's track record with Battlefront and Hardline, will probably be the case by Christmas.

News Comments > PC DOOM Sells 1M
    9. Re: PC DOOM Sells 1M Aug 10, 2016, 12:07 Flak

As good as this game is (I've put a lot of time in it and largely enjoyed it), it's again nothing more than a console port.

The multiplayer should be the most obvious example of this, but the fact that MP profiles are not saved online (they're saved locally and can be corrupted...which happens more than it should on PC) and the fact that the server's are client-hosted and the lag is atrocious at times in multiplayer speaks volumes.

A really solid game that could have been a real gem had ID actually developed it properly for PC, but they didn't. Don't think anyone is surprised at this point though, this has become the norm.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2016, 18:01 Flak

Microsoft continuously proves how utter useless they are as a company. It's hard to imagine a company that treats their customers more poorly, but then I'm reminded that companies like Apple exist.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking
    14. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 18:55 Flak

descender wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:43:
    i can dream, right?

Won't happen, how else can entitled brats get easy kills without the threat of dying?

178 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo