Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Flak

Real Name Flak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://web.archive.org/web/20020529005241/http://www.unrealtournament.com/
Signed On Jun 27, 2012, 11:21
Total Comments 160 (Novice)
User ID 57481

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2016, 18:01 Flak

Microsoft continuously proves how utter useless they are as a company. It's hard to imagine a company that treats their customers more poorly, but then I'm reminded that companies like Apple exist.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking
14. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 18:55 Flak

descender wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:43:
i can dream, right?

Won't happen, how else can entitled brats get easy kills without the threat of dying?

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Launches
8. Re: Overwatch PTR Launches Jun 22, 2016, 18:53 Flak

The hitboxes in this game make launch day BF4 look like CS:GO LAN. It's hilarious that 1) TF2 exists for free and is superior in every way and 2) people will pay almost AAA price for a busted, half-baked, 10 years too late title.

But hey, it's Blizzard, so I guess the masses of idiots will just throw money at them.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
17. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 12:36 Flak

All this for an overhyped, console shooter?

Really? Have PC players even played Bungie games? They're so overrated it's not even funny.

Halo is good....for a console game. Qualifying it like that doesn't do it any favors either.

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
12. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 10, 2016, 11:52 Flak

I've never understood why cheaters weren't permabanned always on the first offense. The EULA, decency, and common sense clearly state that cheating in a multiplayer game is scum of the earth type of behavior.

Unless you step on these people's throats in a figurative sense, what deterrent exists to prevent these assfucks from continuing to cheat? Ban their account, their IP, their MAC-Addresses and any other identifiable means of preventing them from ruining the gameplay of legitimate players.

Pay $50 for a game, cheat, be permanently banned. Either go waste another $50, or fuck off. It shouldn't be that hard.

News Comments > EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed
16. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 11:45 Flak

Slick wrote on May 11, 2016, 08:41:
jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2016, 05:28:
14 MILLION??? Jesus fucking Christ. I had no idea there were so many idiots out there. That's around $500M gross. And it will dissuade them from making a deeper game with more bells and whistles. "People loved Battlefront! Let's streamline it further! And they didn't even miss single player!"

Yeah, because every voice on the internet all shouted with a coherent voice: "This game is perfect, don't change anything"

• hashtageyeroll

And to the guy saying: "I never touch X games, I forgot they change studios every other game, scoff". First off, EA has had rights to the Battlefront for exactly one game. Before that Battlefront was published by a little known star wars developer called LucasArts. I know doing your homework is hard, but it's prerequisite to not looking like a jackass in public when you run your mouth.

hastagdoubleeyeroll

LOL, yeah because Visceral is going to do a better job? Gimme a break. Being a contrarian is cute, until you make yourself look like a jackass.

#hashtag
    #RIPinpiece

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Announced
    31. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 20:43 Flak

Kosh401 wrote on May 7, 2016, 12:14:
    Always so many negative comments in every thread around here lol :/

We're looking forward to checking it out. No more easy mode lock on weapons, no IRNV, UCAV, etc., could be a really nice change of pace.

Wait, so this game will be filled with gimmicks in order to get the Battlefield feel into a WW1 alternate reality and you don't think they'll have uber-cheese/cheap gimmicks like the UCAV and similar absurdities? You are in for a rude surprise friend.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
    9. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 00:51 Flak

Jerykk wrote on May 3, 2016, 22:58:
    Hyped. Kind of disappointing that they went with two protagonists instead of just Emily when she's clearly the focus. Most likely a marketing decision, as Bethesda probably didn't think a game with only a female lead would sell.

I'd hate to think this would be the case, but you're probably right.

One of my favorite games of all time, Perfect Dark, has a female lead and I couldn't care what gender she was, she's just a bad ass character regardless. It's sad that people still can't get past that stuff.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
    1. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 3, 2016, 20:13 Flak

Can't wait for this one! Dishonored is maybe the biggest sleeper shooter I've played in a long time, and all around one of the best single player shooter experiences I've ever played. Great gameplay, great levels, excellent art style and a coherent story, lets hope 2 is just as good!  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Hack Warning
    3. Re: Dark Souls III Hack Warning May 3, 2016, 11:30 Flak

Dagnamit wrote on May 3, 2016, 10:27:
    somewhat off-topic, but I have recently gotten into the first Dark Souls game after a great deal of trouble with it for YEARS. I get it. It's probably a top 10 game all-time. Utterly brilliant.

I was absolutely dreading the first time I would get invaded by another player because forced PVP ain't really my bag, but HOLY SHIT did I crush that MF'er. He was NOT expecting a 2-handed Zwei +5 to rain blows upon him again and again. I cackled so loud I woke up my son from across the house.

Cheaters aside, the PVP experience in Dark Souls is a lot of fun. I remember being invaded by TWO players in of of the belltower rooftops and I managed to dodge around enough and killed both of them, felt incredible in that game.

But yeah, cheaters like this, especially those who compromise innocent bystanders, deserve to be hung and quartered.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
    5. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 11:41 Flak

It only is if you want it to be.

Doom II multiplayer with mods is still a riot in a LAN environment.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
    2. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Apr 14, 2016, 21:09 Flak

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 21:03:
    Another one? Hmm...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E71Dlf4ccXQ/maxresdefault.jpg

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2016, 14:51 Flak

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 10:34:
    People don't hate Mustangs. They hate Mercedes. Mercedes: The Official Car of Assholes Everywhere.

BMW drivers would like to have a word with you...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2016, 14:50 Flak

QFT.

There was this massive 350 pound bleach-blonde teacher at my high-school who was an obvious gold-digger. She had the vocabulary of a fifth grader and was our schools 'religion' teacher. She had a massive ego and sense of arrogance despite being a poorly-educated oaf. Worst of all, she couldn't go more than 5 seconds without praising how awesome her overpriced, convertible mustang was that was she was handed by her testicle-less 'husband'.

This article makes all too much sense.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Preloads Tomorrow; New Trailer
    13. Re: DOOM Open Beta Preloads Tomorrow; New Trailer Apr 12, 2016, 17:34 Flak

I've been in all the closed alphas for this game...I usually end up going back to Quake Live or UT4 after a little bit.

It's not terrible MP, it's just a lot of console feel and gimmicky stuff, doesn't feel like a true competitive arena shooter.

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
    33. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 31, 2016, 18:52 Flak

Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 17:56:
    So what's the actual benefit of making a game as a UWP versus making it as a desktop app? Other than that you can sell it on the Windows Store, which I would imagine most gamers avoid like the plague anyway?

The benefit to Microsoft is that they're assured that they'll piss off PC gamers, which at this point is something I think they strive to do.

So from that point of view, it's been a smashing success.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
    20. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 17:53 Flak

I've played Halo 1 (great game at the time on Xbox...back in 200 whatever it was). Halo 2, great multiplayer.

After that, Halo 3 and 4 were largely rehash and the subsequent games (ODST) have been so atrocious that I couldn't stomach playing them for more than 15 minutes, when I actually owned a console. ODST was by far the most egregious of all of them, I felt like I was playing a Gameboy Advance spin-off of Halo 1...on my Xbox 360.

Microsoft needs to learn than actions speak louder than words. All they do is cry wolf, pat us on the back with one hand and then try and fuck us over with the other. GFWL, UWP, piss poor support for PC gaming in general, they have absolutely no credibility at all when it comes to any of these things. Phil Spencer just makes himself sound like another corporate tool by even trying.

A little less conversation, a little more action.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
    9. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 10:51 Flak

What about the fact that Halo 5 would probably sell poorly on PC?

You can pass off cheap, watered-down, super easy, brain dead shooters to the console crowd (Call of Duty), doesn't play so well with the PC crowd. Halo is such a grossly overrated shooter is sickening, the gameplay is about 10 years stale and it's beyond predictable.

I remember the days CoD dominated the charts on Steam, now you're lucky to see one CoD game in the top 20 on a good day.

Fuck off Microsoft, we don't want your mediocre games anyway.

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
    29. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 31, 2016, 10:45 Flak

ItBurn wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 09:09:
    Ignore what this guy says. Microsoft has absolutely no idea what PC gaming is and they have absolutely no interest in improving it. Time and time again they've lied about their commitment to PC and every one of their efforts has failed or caused damage. All they care about is the time when everyone switches to xbox for gaming.

This pretty much nails it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    33. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2016, 20:10 Flak

Julio wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 18:06:
    Certain games (generally sports) are better on PS4 than PC.

I disagree, any multi-platform sports game released is almost always better on PC once you factor in higher frame rates & modding abilities. The problem is EA owns everything/exclusive licensing plus even when sports titles were on PC, the console versions often had the 'new' engines while for some ridiculous reason the PC versions would use last gen engines, probably so people actually had a reason to buy those garbage consoles.

The only thing that ever held back sports gaming on PC were the developers and publishers that blatantly neglected the platform.

160 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo