Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brynjolf

Real Name Brynjolf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brynjolf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2012, 16:34
Total Comments 19 (Suspect)
User ID 57470

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Mar 10, 2018, 16:29 Brynjolf

If there was a correlation between violent video games and mass shootings, why are they an almost exclusive phenomenon to the US, even tho those games are played all over the world?

No, its the misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment and the amount of privately owned guns in the US that make a lot more sense statistically.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2017, 18:19 Brynjolf

One step closer to a banana republic.  

News Comments > The Surge Released
21. Re: The Surge Released May 17, 2017, 10:55 Brynjolf

No ranged weapons for players, only melee weapons with varying reach. Enemies hase some limited range weapons but nothing a quick dash forward and a strike can't fix

I have to say in genral some of the mobs in this game are actually a bit harder than most souls mobs, altho that might be due to the still slightly too long attack animations which cannot be cancelled out of and need to be commited to once initiated.

Armors actually do make quite a difference, and differentiate by speed (lower stamina consumption, therefore more endu to dodge around) vs. heavier armor and some (surely not all) decent set bonuses.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2017, 13:08 Brynjolf

In my opinion LOTF and Souls cannot really be fairly compared but anyway: The Surge is a lot closer to Souls than it is to LOTF, 2 ideas that they successfully brought over from LOTF is the risk/reward gamble with the higher scrap multiplier the more scrap you already carry around and the fact that it can be paused anytime.  

15. Re: The Surge Released May 16, 2017, 12:56 Brynjolf

So I've been playing the Surge for another 7h since last night (11 total) and i still stand by my first impression: It's good.

It certainly is no Dark Souls but that's not neccessarily a bad thing in this case, and I am a huge Souls fan, probably around 2k hours on Demons Souls to Dark Souls 3, including Bloodborne.

It is slightly friendlier to the player, having an option to pause combat and with the proficiencies that will keep levelling up, no matter if you die or not.

But to answer your question, there are a lot of things I don't like about LOTF not limited only to:
Slow reacting character, animations too long, exaggerated heaviness, mushy camera controls, weird animations in cutscenes, just to name a few that spring to mind right away.

And yesterday I installed it again (with 65min played previously) and tried to keep an open mind, not even expecting a game of the quality of the Souls series and just seeing is as a 3rd person action rpg.

Still couldn't do it. ANd my biggest problem about games like this is that with a handful of tweaks it could have been good (cutscenes and voice acting excluded ofc.), and it makes me quite sad thinking of the time, money, creativity and passion people invested in a game of this size.

This is all a very personal opinon ofc and as mentioned based on only about an hour of playtime, wjhich for core mechanics is enough tho.

6. Re: The Surge Released May 16, 2017, 05:06 Brynjolf

Been playing this for four hours last night and its good! Unlike Lords of the Fallen which I tried playing again only yesterday and uninstalled it after 1h

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
28. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 19, 2017, 10:24 Brynjolf

Calling something that is red red instead of green, doesn't make anyone a nerd. Specifics matter and "on rails" is something quite different to "linear" when it comes to games.

Not defending the game, but this whole discussion is silly.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
4. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 12:17 Brynjolf

Not that I think this will be a great game, I'm pretty sure it will be another Dark Souls clone like The Fallen was, but what makes you say "on rails"?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
21. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 30, 2016, 15:53 Brynjolf

Took a leap of faith and was genuinely surprised! The Gameplay is basic but the story and the characters make up for that, even the gadgets are actually fun to use... waaay better than WD1!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 15:03 Brynjolf

Happy Cakeday!!! \o/  

News Comments > Mafia III Released
20. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 11:14 Brynjolf

For me the problem is not technical, the setting, lighting, detail etc is great.. BUT

I am sad to say the gameplay is boring.

And the protagonist is actually a war criminal if you pay attention to the dialogues.

(10h played, 2x random CTD, 30 fps--. those are my only technical issues, pretty acceptable for release day, considering the 60fps patch is already in the works.)

News Comments > ReCore Demo
10. Re: ReCore Demo Oct 6, 2016, 12:00 Brynjolf

Yeah see I forgot to mention that, another stupid oversight, not asking where to install. C: is a 120GB SSD for OS and some Tools, not a game library

Makes me wonder if they ever try to look at what the competition does (Steam ofc) and then take all the good features they need. Nope they'd rather piss ppl off. Go MS!

News Comments > ReCore Demo
2. Re: ReCore Demo Oct 5, 2016, 12:02 Brynjolf

Well, its a nice game if you dont expect a story driven experience. The microsoft store sucks ass tho Also they are hiding this game from potential buyers, I had to search for it even tho it was just out for a few days, no amount of browsing led me to it.

Now I had to reactivate my xbox live account from back when i was using an x360 and after a few more stupid hickups I have to sign in to Windows when I start up my PC with my xbox live credentials.

I didnt't even know thats a thing, that you make browser based setting and suddenly you cannot use your regular windows login anymore oO

Doesn't anybody test this stuff before its released to the masses?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
38. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 07:51 Brynjolf

It looks nice but it's completely overhyped and also overpriced. For $20-30, sure but this is not a $60 game. I am very disappointed you cannot build things in the world except your personal upgrades, and that means it wont feel persistent at all. And probably have less draw than a game like minecraft. One dev said in an IGN video that planet's resourses reset as soon as you leave them, I am guessing that means everything else will reset too.

meh.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 14, 2015, 03:19 Brynjolf

Close to 400h in and guess what.. still enjoying it!

(yes, four hundred hours, altho on 4 chars)

News Comments > BioWare Open Sources Something
5. Re: BioWare Open Sources Something Mar 31, 2015, 07:39 Brynjolf

Our DA:Inquisition netcode sucks, so please help us fix it?

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Oct 10, 2014, 11:05 Brynjolf

Just checked Dead Island 2 gameplay vid:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DutlVwyEcr8

vs.

Dying Light gameplay (from the guys that made the original Dead Island): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TSCZqcjR0

and i gotta say Dying Light looks more interesting and immersive, Dead Island 2 looks like more of the same but worse (or at least not as good as a sequel could be).

Which is weird since Yager did Spec Ops: The Line, which i found surprisingly good. Altho i also did like Techland's Dead Island very much, which was slighlty bugged at release but otherwise a solid FPS/RPG.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 14:04 Brynjolf

Jup, but i wouldnt change the desktop version, its classic and great the way it is!

Happy to participate in a kickstarter for that!

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 13:50 Brynjolf

Congratulations, Blue! \o/

First gaming news site and the one I have been reading the for the longest (together with Voodoo Extreme - RIP). I think i joined pretty early, (i think i had set your page as my start page in netscape ?).

Keep up the good work!

To another 18 years! *raises glass*

PS.: please dont change the desktop design, its old but its perfect! Even tho im in Europe, id be totally in for a Kickstarter, Teeshirts, Coffee Mugs or any other "Memorabilia"!

19 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo