Kosumo wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 23:30:
Well to me, the proof will be in what they do, not what has happened.
If the fact that it is all ways on DRM/Single-player means that they have good data recording and can tell what is a dupe item and what is a ilget (true) item due to them generating all real items server side and they can manage what as happened, then anit that better than un-controlled item duping?
I just wish to ask those who are against the all ways on DRM, what would they have done to help keep the intergrty (lack of cheating) in an AAA (i hate that term) title that was design to be played online in co-op?
Cheating wreck a lot of online gaming and I'm happy that people are making an effort to combat it.
There will always be cheating thought.
Anyone got any answers to cheating other than always on?
Why do you care about cheating? It is a single player game, so don't cheat. Since you obviously disagree and think it is a coop game, find 3 of your buddies who don't cheat and play with them and don't cheat.
Even if cheating is a problem, how is having the game laggy, frequently offline (for hours or a day at a time), hackable, unbackupable any better. Seems like the "cure" is much worse than the "problem" it is supposedly trying to fix. Anyway, you've bought into their lie, online mode is not to prevent cheating, duping, etc. That is a thinly veiled lie and I'm not sure why you believe it. D3 is online to prevent pirating.
I have no intention to play it once I finish Nightmare, it is getting tedious and no longer fun. While playing I found very little equipment that is cool or fun, and in a "gear based game" this is a problem. Never a legendary or set item. Playing through the game 3 times solo and with friends only one of us has ever seen a legendary and it was a level 12 item with +STR and none of us were barbarians.
It was not an awful game, but between the 3 nights I was completely unable to play, the numerous nights the servers went down and the complete lack of finding any good items. (Well, I found a few cool items if I was a barbarian, but I wasn't and sold them for 100K on the AH.) The game could have been much better, they focused too much on making people happy who want to play the same game over and over and over and over and over for 300 hours... and too little time making most of their users who want to play through a couple times happy. Here are three games that were better (more fun) than D3: Torch Light, Dungeon Siege, and D2.
Diablo 3 could be made more fun for casual gamers in 4 easy steps:
1. Offer offline play. (To those who think the current grindfest/game is fine as it is: your life is unchanged see 6.)
2. Modify drop code so it favors dropping items useful for the class you are currently playing. Or at least have items have synergy with themself so you get stats that match other stats and the type of equipment. A Warrior only Belt with +150 Intelligence is not helpful for anyone? My group has a game we play to see who can find the most worthless item.
3. Increase the drop rate so you can actually find items to allow you to play through the game without the AH. Normal was probably too easy, I would make it much harder, but drop better loot. Nightmare is getting too hard... again I would make it harder but drop MUCH better loot. Make Hell crazy difficult but also drop equipment like you see on the AH. I have no interest in inferno... but it seems like it is broken if you are needing to reload to earlier points to replay in order to advance.
4. Bonus: Allow LAN play... or "Unsecure" online hosting for multiplayer between normal people who don't care about AH and dupes and cheating. Give us the option to ban folks from our game. You know: Just like D2 not on the ladder.
(5. Offer the current buggy, laggy, unavailable, AH version for anyone who actually wants to waste real $$ or time farming crap for 100's of hours between legendaries as a 2nd option... like the Ladder and Hardcore were offered as choices in D2. Don't allow crossover between "Offline" and "Ladder". The already don't allow crossover between "Normal" and "Hardcore" so this shouldn't be much of a problem.)
When you take the day off or go to play at night, the game will be there if you computer is working. And it will be fun since you will find cool loot without needing to go online to buy it to survive.