Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On April 13, 2012
Supporter -
Total Comments 193 (Novice)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Eternal System Requirements

2. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 6, 2020, 20:19 Gib007

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 19:04:
Considering most people sit close to the screen and do not have huge monitors, 4k is just unnecessary. 2k is more than enough and you don't need a 1080 to run it.

I'm reading this on my Samsung QLED 55" 4K HDR TV that I use as a monitor 50cm from my face.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Respawn Making Another Star Wars Game?

6. Re: Respawn Making Another Star Wars Game? Dec 18, 2019, 10:26 Gib007

I really enjoyed Jedi Fallen Order and would love one that has similar combat mechanics but with multiplayer.  

News Comments > Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch

34. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 17:49 Gib007

I really enjoyed the game, to be honest. Yes, I'd prefer to have some fast travel, manual saving anywhere and not recycling levels due to gaining new skills BUT all in all I really enjoyed it. It's Star Wars. It's therefore awesome.

Regarding the SJW comments, why bother thinking about it? If a game/series/film puts in what feels like a token character or set of characters to represent a gender or race, so what? Just enjoy it for what it is. There's no need to over-analyse everything. Things like Political Correctness are important, otherwise you get things like Trump.

Thread Locked Thread Locked Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2019, 15:49 Gib007

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 14:20:
ROFLMAO @ people buying JFO on Steam

The game can be rented for /$14.99 on Origin and even if you wanted to "own" it (more like permanent rent) then it'd be cheaper to rent it for a month now and just buy it on sale later... or to buy an Origin key from a reputable key site. This is a game that will get discounted very quickly once the Episode IX hype has died down. It will be /$ 29.99 in March at the latest.

I guess people buying it on Steam just enjoy flushing monies down the shitter. Oh well. To each their own...

This is Star Wars. I will always support new Star Wars stuff. They can have as much money as they like.

P.S. You should see my LEGO Star Wars collection.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers

4. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 4, 2019, 16:52 Gib007

Still waiting for Samsung QLED TVs to support G-Sync. Would be a nice addition! Nice to see this over HDMI already though (for LG).  

News Comments > Borderland 3 Reviews

22. Re: Borderland 3 Reviews Sep 9, 2019, 17:40 Gib007

Xero wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 17:34:
I tried getting into Borderlands 2 after a sale was giving it for like 12 bucks on Steam.

I couldn't get into it. The music was pretty cool. The guns felt meh as did the impact. I also didn't like that I could only hold like 2 guns at a time (probably because it was still early), and like zillion different guns were dropping. Granted, a lot of those guns felt dull to me.

I dunno, also the cel shaded look is definitely something your either into or not. I never really was but thought I'd give it a chance considering the hype.

The dialogue was pretty funny and I did enjoy it. At least in the starting phase of the game. I didn't get too far though to see if it turns into a really amazing experience though.

I felt like I had an idea of what it was all about and again, the gun feel failed to get me hooked which is what an FPS is all about...

I've had a similar problem. I just can't get into Borderlands no matter how hard I try.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Specs

3. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Specs Aug 28, 2019, 06:58 Gib007

I'm really looking forward to this game. 2080Ti at the ready for 4K HDR goodness!  

News Comments > Control Reviews

13. Re: Control Reviews Aug 26, 2019, 16:19 Gib007

A friend of mine bought Control for the PS4 on Friday and has been playing it since. He says the combat feels "whack" and doesn't feel as good as it's made out to be. I don't know. I'll have to watch gameplay videos on YouTube beforehand.

P.S. Before you ask about release dates, this is Gibraltar. If stock is received, it is sold. Pure and simple. Laugh

News Comments > More Ray Tracing Plans Revealed

10. Re: More Ray Tracing Plans Revealed Aug 19, 2019, 16:42 Gib007

I have a 2080Ti. I paid dearly for it. I mainly bought it for 60+ FPS in 4K HDR gaming and it does its job excellently in this regard. Raytracing was a plus and though it does give a big performance hit, DLSS does offset it. Unfortunately DLSS is too blurry for my taste in Battlefield V. Maybe other games implement it better, I haven't checked yet.

Regardless, I'm all for Raytracing in more and more games. It'll eventually become an industry standard, no doubt. Increasingly powerful GPUs will also ensure it runs perfectly at 4K without DLSS, no doubt about that either.

News Comments > Project CARS 3 Teased

1. Re: Project CARS 3 Teased Jul 26, 2019, 11:37 Gib007

I'd love to like it. I just can't drive laps around circuits again and again. I really enjoy driving but I strongly prefer "Point A to Point B" tracks to circuits.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing

7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 15:00 Gib007

The Gigabyte Aurous Xtreme 2080Ti I paid 1,167 for (excluding VAT, which I don't pay) is giving me massive performance on the Samsung QLED 55" 4K HDR TV I game on. My previous EVGA 1080 FTW could only handle half this FPS output. So no, it wasn't a waste of money.  

News Comments > QUAKE II RTX

12. Re: QUAKE II RTX Mar 19, 2019, 17:05 Gib007

I'd play this on my 2080Ti. I hope it is available for download, at least eventually.  

News Comments > The Division 2 Released

21. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 18:57 Gib007

I'm really enjoying this one. It's indeed more difficult than the first given the AI as I do keep getting flanked. The graphics look great and the performance is fantastic. 4K HDR with everything at maximum and it performs beautifully, never dipping anywhere near below 60 FPS. This is on an i7-8700K, 2080Ti with 32GB RAM, mind you.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending 3D Vision Support

9. Re: NVIDIA Ending 3D Vision Support Mar 10, 2019, 20:49 Gib007

I used to have an Acer monitor with 3D Vision support, which came bundled with the NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses. This was around 2010/2011 or so. Seriously made the supported games look insane. Skyrim was amazing with it.  

News Comments > Anthem Released

6. Re: Anthem Released Feb 22, 2019, 15:23 Gib007

It was free with my 2080Ti so no big deal if it's crap. I've played through the tutorial, though I had tried the Alpha and Beta. It's alright, but doesn't seem like it has a lot to retain my attention for long.  

News Comments > On Anthem Demo Performance and Fixes

22. Re: On Anthem Demo Performance and Fixes Jan 27, 2019, 10:38 Gib007

My performance at 4K seems pretty good to be honest. I'm using a Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080Ti Xtreme card. More power to them for further optimisations though.  

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned

20. Re: Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned Jan 22, 2019, 07:34 Gib007

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 05:47:
Gib007 wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 20:07:
Fuck, who plays like this?? I can't play without all the details at maximum. Graphics are a big part of the enjoyment for me, hence me investing in a 2080Ti for 4K.
Why do you play games like this? Do you play to win, or play to have a good time? Your motivation determines your graphics settings.

Fair enough. I play for a good time, and graphics form a part of that. I expect to win as well though!

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned

3. Re: Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned Jan 21, 2019, 20:07 Gib007

Fuck, who plays like this?? I can't play without all the details at maximum. Graphics are a big part of the enjoyment for me, hence me investing in a 2080Ti for 4K.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2018, 15:52 Gib007

Nice! I just bought Horizon Zero Dawn and Detroit Become Human for my PS4 Pro for just under 50!  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remaster Details

15. Re: Command & Conquer Remaster Details Nov 15, 2018, 06:48 Gib007

This is awesome. I would like both 4K and HDR support. HDR is arguably as impactful as 4K when it comes to "wow factor".  

193 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >