Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 155 (Novice)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
17. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 15:30 Gib007

I haven't pre-ordered Battlefield 1 yet, which for me is very, very odd. I think it's a combination of not being excited for it (as I was for Battlefield 3 and 4) and an over-appreciation for modern-day/futuristic hardware that is missing. Mind you, age might play a role in my level of excitation. I turned 30 last month!

I might still buy it and if I do, I will suck it up and buy Premium as well. I just need some motivation to push me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
16. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 15:59 Gib007

DangerDog wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:51:
*brain tumor sold separately

The evidence for that is about as good as the "evidence" that vaccines cause Autism!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
5. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 24, 2016, 11:41 Gib007

For me, if I like the Battlefield game coming out, it means buying both the base game and Premium straight away, no questions asked. The Beta will tell me what to do but it's highly, highly likely I'll thump my wallet at it.  

News Comments > Raw Data Early Access
1. Re: Raw Data Early Access Jul 14, 2016, 19:16 Gib007

This game is bloody fun, especially in multiplayer! It suffers quite a bit from aliasing (reminds me of Elite Dangerous) but it's still in early access and the game is already excellent. I would enjoy an optional non-teleporting mechanic to movement but hey, it's fun.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 14:25 Gib007

As much as this game could use with a massive injection of potential-exploiting features to make it a true Battlefront game, I bought it for 18 recently and it's fun to play for a few rounds here and there. The full price would have been too much but 18 is ok in my view.  

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Details
4. Re: Overwatch Launch Details May 23, 2016, 18:37 Gib007

I can't help but try to be excited for Overwatch but fail to. The mechanics seem overly simple and catoony. I'd like to love it but... I've not tried the Beta so I don't have a good basis for my opinions, just what I watch on YouTube gameplay videos.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 22, 2016, 16:32 Gib007

I definitely want one to replace my two GTX 970s but I want an EVGA Classified card. Waiting for those before I put in an order.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
24. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 13:46 Gib007

Ok, so these solidified my plans to sell my two GTX 970s and buy a GTX 1080 ASAP. I want an EVGA Classified card. I might sell that for a GTX 1080Ti a year or so down the line, we'll see.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
42. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 19:59 Gib007

Damn, next year. I'm thinking my GTX 970s will be slain by the Oculus Rift, seeing as SLI support is extremely patchy to the point of almost nonexistent (leaving me with effectively one card). I'd hate to lay down cash on a GTX 1080 and then see the GTX 1080Ti come out at 25% to 35% extra performance! I guess I could take a loss and sell the GTX 1080 and get a GTX 1080Ti, I don't know.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
36. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 19:17 Gib007

What I wonder is if this new "Synchronous Multi-Projection Technology" also fixes the image distortion in single 21:9 3440x1440 (ultra-wide) monitors. I can see it's supposed to work exceptionally well for VR and for triple monitor setups, but what about single ultra-wide monitors?

Regardless, I am PUMPED for this series. I currently have two GTX 970s in SLI and with SLI support dying, I need to replace them with a very high-end single card. Particularly so that the Oculus Rift doesn't put my computer to shame. A GTX 1080 looks to be it, though I'm wondering when the GTX 1080Ti is supposed to be announced, as I would rather go for that instead of the GTX 1080... Any one have any ideas on a rough timescale?

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
23. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 11:49 Gib007

I'm happy to pre-order but they don't want my money as I'm not living in one of their preferred 20 countries. Too bad. I do NOT want the Xbox One controller though. I have a Saitek X-55 HOTAS and a Logitech G27 Steering Wheel - controllers are for console noobs! Moreover, I sure hope those headphones are removable or I'll have to knife them off. They can't possibly come anywhere near my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm headphones.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 11:42 Gib007

This game needed the gameplay and replayability of Battlefield 4, with a Star Wars theme. THAT would have done it justice. As it stands, it's a 1/4 game. Awesome graphics and sound design, but that's all it is.  

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
11. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 14:37 Gib007

Battlefield 3 and 4 were fantastic. If this lives up to them, even if it's pretty much the same, I'll buy it. If it's like Hardline, forget it. If it's like Star Wars Battlefront, I'll buy it so that I can set it on fire and upload a video of me setting it on fire on to YouTube.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
16. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 15:36 Gib007

Elite Dangerous is really looking up with this update. I really, really look forward to this as well as all the extra stuff they plan to put in as the months/years pass.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
26. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 4, 2015, 07:53 Gib007

This game is absolutely fantastic, minus some stuttering when unlocks are illustrated to you and minus bad SLI support.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 16:10 Gib007

Another CoD? Who would have thought this possible?  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
27. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 24, 2015, 09:29 Gib007

I'm looking forward to this but am happy that I'm busy with Witcher 3 for now. By the time I get Fallout 4, it will have been patched several times. Same as with Witcher 3 - started playing it after 1.10.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 13:25 Gib007

Played the Beta a while. When I realised it was nothing like Battlefield 4 with a Star Wars skin, as I originally wanted, I uninstalled it and cancelled my pre-order. Absolutely terrible piece of crap. There's so much stuff it needs to make it fun, it's not even worth paying for the electricity that runs your computer and your router to download this game.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 14:30 Gib007

One more day to gawk at how crap this game is.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 18:42 Gib007

The game is trash. I struggled to find anything positive about it earlier. I've tried again. I can't seem to find anything positive about it. The game is trash.  

155 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo