Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 173 (Novice)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update and Plans
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update and Plans Oct 14, 2018, 18:17 Gib007

I'm really enjoying Blackout Mode (Battle Royale) on the PC. The problem is I'm really, really bad. I think I'm just not used to playing Call of Duty games!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
22. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 17:09 Gib007

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 15:54:
As a 1070 owner I will tell you that I will buy a 1080 Ti.
What a joke of a new generation. Laughable performance gain and the price increase is just lunacy.

The price increase is lunacy, I cannot disagree. However, I have a 1080 at present and looking at the 2080Ti on Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 4K, it goes from like 33 FPS to 59 FPS. That's not a joke of a gain. It literally makes for smooth gameplay at 4K, up from somewhat choppy. Overclock the 2080Ti and you probably reach 66 FPS or so. Literally 100% gain.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
16. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 14:02 Gib007

I saw the prices on the 2080's and 2080Ti's and promised I would not pay that. Then I bought a 4K HDR TV and saw these benchmarks and I'm seeing 1,100 for a 2080Ti as reasonable... Death trap!!  

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
5. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 14:08 Gib007

I have to say, I couldn't play Battlefield 1 for longer than 10 minutes but Battlefield V is fantastic. The Open Beta made me pre-order it immediately. I greatly look forward to the "Firestorm" (Battle Royale) game mode as well.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Reviews
36. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 26, 2018, 18:14 Gib007

I only need to know ONE thing and ONE thing only. Does this game behave PROPERLY on 21:9 monitors (3440x1440) or do you get locked (and really bad) FOV when in 21:9 like in Far Cry 4?  

News Comments > Open World Star Wars Game Plans?
10. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 24, 2018, 18:56 Gib007

Slick wrote on Mar 24, 2018, 18:45:
When people are still hating on SWBF2 after the progression system update

908 upvotes on the exact same forum that produced the most downvoted thread in Reddit history, otherwise a toxic sludge pit.

Just sayin'... that whole thing has actually been fixed, and wasn't even really an issue in the first place as they disabled paid loot boxes before launch.

Exactly. I've been playing this game since release on the PC and not a single person on it has even been ABLE to "pay-to-win". They've legitimately earned their card upgrades through playing. The game is a lot of fun although these days I only play Starfighter Assault.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer
14. Re: Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer Mar 17, 2018, 14:15 Gib007

I well and truly hope Far Cry 5 supports 21:9 monitors properly. Far Cry 4 required I choose between:

1. Play in 21:9 with locked, horrible FOV.
or
2. Play in 16:9 with black bars on the sides and scalable, good FOV.

Even old, old games had no problem in 21:9 and yet Far Cry 4... Patch after patch and no fix so I gave up on the game.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
6. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 12:28 Gib007

Played Beta. Loved it. Pre-ordered.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Launch Trailer
9. Re: Project CARS 2 Launch Trailer Sep 21, 2017, 15:57 Gib007

More tracks and less circuits and I'm in. I hate going around and around and around the same circuit.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 17, 2017, 18:47 Gib007

PUBG is a pretty epic game, to be fair. I'm loving it. Odd that I didn't find out about its existence before a week or so ago!  

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
1. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 10:24 Gib007

Looking forward to trying it out! Looking brilliant!  

News Comments > EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a "Great Game" Series May Continue
10. Re: EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a Aug 25, 2017, 07:37 Gib007

I'm sure it could have been improved, of course, pretty much any game can. I'm all for holding developers and publishers accountable for laziness like badly optimised code, but I also think life's too short to worry so much. Mass Effect Andromeda was a very enjoyable game and though I could point out a few things to improve, I really enjoyed it and that's the crux of my argument - I gladly paid full price for it and will happily replay it in time.  

News Comments > EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a "Great Game" Series May Continue
3. Re: EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a Aug 24, 2017, 21:42 Gib007

I must admit I really, really enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda. I liked the story and I liked what could come from it. I hope they continue the series!  

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
5. Re: Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates Aug 23, 2017, 12:39 Gib007

"No PC version of Skyrim VR is planned"

Why the hell not!? I don't understand that.

News Comments > Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online
3. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 21:17 Gib007

The ground combat on this MMO is really bland and I feel it needs a major graphics and mechanics overhaul, but still, it's OK and if you're a Star Trek fan, you go with it. The space combat however, is a lot of fun! Definitely the highlight of the game for me.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 in September
3. Re: Project CARS 2 in September Jun 8, 2017, 16:44 Gib007

I can't deal with racing on a closed track, doing laps and laps. I find it very boring. I like more open road racing from point to point at locations. I hope this one has more of that.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
47. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 18:48 Gib007

Honestly, I'm REALLY enjoying Mass Effect Andromeda. Literally my only gripe is the favourites system for the powers, which cause cooldowns to have to expire when you switch favourites. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with the game and I loved Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
14. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 17:21 Gib007

No Hardcore Mode yet? The game isn't fun without it.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
17. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 15:30 Gib007

I haven't pre-ordered Battlefield 1 yet, which for me is very, very odd. I think it's a combination of not being excited for it (as I was for Battlefield 3 and 4) and an over-appreciation for modern-day/futuristic hardware that is missing. Mind you, age might play a role in my level of excitation. I turned 30 last month!

I might still buy it and if I do, I will suck it up and buy Premium as well. I just need some motivation to push me.

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
16. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 15:59 Gib007

DangerDog wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:51:
*brain tumor sold separately

The evidence for that is about as good as the "evidence" that vaccines cause Autism!

173 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo