Redmask wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 07:33:
Bundy, he's latched onto Star Citizen because its a hot topic in the gaming community and the only way he will get any attention. Everyone should just stop feeding the beast. He's upset that no one cares about his own projects due to continually failing to bring them to a meaningful conclusion and due to his own drama bombs. As a result hes a joke in the industry and knows it. He doesn't have anything of substance to offer on this subject, all of his predictions have been incredibly vague or outright incorrect and he's obviously jealous at others success. It is so transparent it would be pitiable if he wasn't so obnoxious about it.
Star Citizen might not amount to much of anything but it won't be because a forgotten laughingstock of the industry said anything about it.
Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 20:31:
- Mouse Acceleration out the ass. Argh. Turning sensitivity to ~ 38% seemed to be a decent sweet spot, I saw a post by an Eidos community rep that they are looking into it. Probably something they forgot to turn off again.
- For me it runs buttery smooth. Settings, basically all High or one better, no MSAA. I turned off Depth of View and Motion Blur because those are fucking godawful effects that I wish would just die a horrible death already. Also turned off the sharpen filter and Chromatic Blur. Haven't benchmarked yet, let me try that and post results later, but everything feels smooth like silk on these settings, i-2500, GTX970 and 8GB of ram. It seems like the newer generation cards are having issues whereas mine fortunately seems to be running great. Game looks great at these settings, although textures could be a bit sharper (there are 2 more texture settings above this one, I'll try it out later with a higher one).
- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ass cutscenes. Holy fuck. I wish I'd have been given agency in some of those cutscenes, it would have made the whole thing far more powerful, but oh well.
- Animations in general seem to have gotten a bit more stiff. Not all of them, some are really nice and fluid, but others look worse when compared to its five year old predecessor. Not sure what the hell that is about.
- Takedown options have GREATLY improved. Take guys down over obstacles, around obstacles, all works very smoothly. This makes playing a non-lethal playthrough a lot less finicky.
- Similarly, if people on the first floor can now see a dude on the 2nd floor and you take the dude on the 2nd floor down, the peeps on the 1st floor will go into alarm mode. This is much more realistic, and makes it definitely tougher to go from guy to guy taking them out. Several times I had to make use of a strategically thrown object to lure a guard out of his patrol zone in order to be able to take him out, which is good. I basically never had to do that in HR.
- While I appreciate the level of precision the new sneak system gives, it is very distracting. I wish there was a way to turn it off...
- Can't really judge on the story so far, I just made it to Prague. Voice acting is good, however.
- Faces look pretty bad. Not Fallout 4 levels of horror, but bad anyway. I thought Jensen looked better in HR...
- Music is top notch. WOOT MICHAEL MCCANN!!
Very much enjoying it so far.
MattyC wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 00:15:
Maybe I am alone here, but I would love to see an updated European Air War. I have very fond memories of stuff like Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and Aces of the Pacific, but EAW was just awesome.
Creston wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 18:45:Seconded. This looks like it has potential, but a good GW game is as rare as a virgin unicorn descending from an UFO into the arms of an honest politician...
Anyone know anything about this?
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 21:52:Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 18:45:
Spoiler alert! At the center, you find a decoder ring and a message that says, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."
Oh I thought it was God in the need of a space ship.
Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 17:39:Tachikoma wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 14:04:
Looks like another Dungeon Siege clone. Only now with more Vikings, because Game Of Thrones.
Really? Where are the Vikings in GoT? I see plenty of them in the show Vikings however.
NKD wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 00:42:Citation, please. And "Straight outta' my ass" doesn't count.
It's mostly a lot of really opinionated elderly Luddites with strong conservative political opinions.
DangerDog wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 21:26:
El Pit wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 11:13:As much as I hate them in principle, posts like this are the reason Blues needs a "like" button...
Activision: We have top men working on it right now.
Activision: Top... men.
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 10:17:Hey, even shills get a day off now and then...
Come on windows 10 defenders,defend this. And tell us how great it is again and how it's free and derp.
First they came for the Start Menu, and I did not speak outâ€”
Because I did not use it.
Then they came for the Group Policies, and I did not speak outâ€”
Because I did not care.
Then they came made Cortana mandatory, and I did not speak outâ€”
Because I do not search.
Then they came for my documents...
jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 02:31:Well, he might be getting paid by the word...
Jeez, Slick. What's up with the OCD?
NetHead wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 18:06:Actually, it isn't surprising at all. You are assuming that the "crowd" is in any way sincere or operating in good faith. Microsoft, Google, (hell, the DNC!) et al., all spend millions of dollars every year on social marketing. Just about every major corporation does it. And part of social marketing is getting on various message boards and shilling for the company. You assume that you are seeing people who don't know. You're seeing people who have a financial stake in the system, one way or the other.
It's always surprising how many people think someone raising such concerns is paranoid or delusional. It's nothing new yet remains surprising because you'd think people would wise up over time, though not only does that not seem to happen, these days there are more people than ever adding their naive voice to the crowd.
Here we have one of the most intelligent people in gaming/tech sphere, with more experience, knowledge and connections in so many areas it's unlikely anyone here could even match him in a single one of those areas, saying that Microsoft is going to do what they have a reputation for doing while trying to benefit themselves and some people shout how he's nuts or flat out wrong.
It almost boggles the mind how some people can be so pompous, going through life like frogs in warming water.
It's like someone's told them the Earth isn't flat and they're ranting about how that someone is wrong with ridiculous and stupid reasons and comparisons. The reply's are so stupid they're not even worth correcting.
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 21:20:
The alternative is no marketing, no marketing equals less income, less income equals less game.