Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Eirikrautha

Real Name Eirikrautha   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 10, 2012, 20:31
Total Comments 665 (Apprentice)
User ID 57390

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Devil's Hunt Video

1. Re: Devil's Hunt Video Aug 27, 2018, 21:49 Eirikrautha

So, a fisticuffs Shadow of Mordor in Hell? This looks way more boring than the concept sounds. Into the "console trash" bin it goes...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant in November

3. Re: Underworld Ascendant in November Aug 20, 2018, 16:41 Eirikrautha

The animations look really janky in this trailer. Could be fun, could be trash. Will wait and see...  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics in October

3. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics in October Aug 20, 2018, 12:37 Eirikrautha

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 12:00:
Well, I'm somewhat interested, but so many Warhammer/Warhammer 40k games turn out to be utter shit, so let's wait and see.

This. Thumbsup

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds

61. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 19:52 Eirikrautha

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 09:42:
A motion to dismiss is solely about procedure, not merit. So reading anything into this at all is pointless. CIG could only win by filing it, there is literally nothing to lose. Anything GRANTED is positive, anything DENIED is neutral. This isn't about who is right, this is about whether it's even possible Crytek is right.

Totally incorrect. A motion to dismiss can be upheld based on the judge's finding that there is no basis in law or there is not enough evidence (based on the limited amount presented in the initial hearing) to support a finding in the favor of the plaintiff if the case were brought to trial. The judge will assume that all the facts presented by the plaintiff are true, and if it would not be enough to find for them, the motion to dismiss will be granted.

By refusing to dismiss, the judge has found that, if the plaintiff's facts are established at trial, there is a substantial likelihood that the plaintiff will prevail. So you can read into this that the judge is saying that, if what Crytek claims happened actually happened, then the case may favor them. The key is what facts are established at trial to determine this.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds

56. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 19:24 Eirikrautha

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 15:03:
Derek has proven himself utterly untrustworthy and unobjective.

Please. You have the gall to post this after suggesting a legal analysis by YouTuber Law (a known SC fanboi)? The only person I can see who is blinded by their bias here is you...

News Comments > Super Seducer 2

2. Re: Super Seducer 2 Aug 15, 2018, 11:32 Eirikrautha

This game (like the first) is nothing but outrage bait. It depends on people getting upset, flooding the press with denouncements, and then influencing curious people to buy it. Just ignore it and it'll go away...  

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Adds Adam Baldwin

2. Re: Star Control: Origins Adds Adam Baldwin Aug 14, 2018, 22:17 Eirikrautha

Cool. Gotta love adding the Hero of Canton to the mix...  

News Comments > Strange Brigade Trailer

2. Re: Strange Brigade Trailer Aug 14, 2018, 22:15 Eirikrautha

Ima wait on reviews, but I must admit to being interested. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen flavor is pretty cool, so long as it carries over to the actual play and doesn't devolve into a simple shooter.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts

1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Aug 14, 2018, 22:07 Eirikrautha

Sees story on pedophiles in the BBC - It's a good thing the Brits are finally getting their house in order. Thank God they can put a stop to this stuff!

Sees story on Asian rape gangs - Well, finally the impulse to cover this up is breaking and justice is being served. And we know this is a criminal issue, not an ethnic one. Let's no tar those who don't deserve it.

Sees U.K. Sales Charts - Britain is lost. Might as well sink the island, because there's no hope for them.

News Comments > etc.

6. Re: etc. Aug 14, 2018, 21:52 Eirikrautha

Prez wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 12:18:
Again I have to ask, who cares? Either the groups are just set up as troll fodder, which means people who get their panties in a twist over it are giving them their desired outcome, or they are genuinely gross people who believe in bigotry and hatred, in which case they are are conveniently lumped together in their little groups for easy identification by normal people. I just don't see the problem. Why does everyone need the thought police to keep them safe? I know, I know, privileged white guy, so my opinion doesn't matter. Rolleyes

"Puritanism - the haunting fear that someone, somewhere might be happy." -- H. L. Mencken

Once upon a time the authoritarians among us were satisfied with telling us what we could and couldn't do. The new authoritarians are now unsatisfied with anything less than dictating what you can or cannot think...

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: etc. Aug 14, 2018, 21:49 Eirikrautha

Squirmer wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 18:23:
It matters because if hate groups are allowed to exist, they recruit more people. No one's born bigoted and hateful, they learn it and they get taken in. It happened to basically an entire country not that long ago...

Wrong. Modern science says the opposite. While tabula rasa was a marvelous 18th century fantasy, it is contradicted by everything cognitive studies have shown in the late 20th and early 21st century. Babies are evolutionarily predisposed to categorize into ingroups and outgroups from a very young age. Racial harmony is a product of culture, not humanity reverting to it's natural inclinations. People are born hateful and bigoted; they must be taught tolerance.

The most amusing part of this is that the whole "tolerance" movement today is nothing more than an attempt to form an acceptable outgroup. The exhortations of "punch a nazi" (with "nazi" defined as anyone who disagrees with me) is nothing more than an attempt to signal ingroup membership in a certain culture with an associated attempt to polarize opponents as an outgroup. Those who mouth "tolerance" the most are actively engaged in creating the least amount of tolerance possible. And yet they pat themselves on the back for being so virtuously members of their self-created ingroup.

The more humans attempt to transcend their nature, the more they plunge to its depths...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2018, 14:11 Eirikrautha

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 12:52:
Admittedly I really don't like superhero movies all that much, but I do watch all the Marvel ones now as they are super good. I could care less about anything DC, really. But, why is there such a backlash over this woman? She was good in the XXX movie and John Wick. She's good looking. Was Batwoman a different skin color or something? I mean, wtf?

Edit, read story. So...she comes off as gay, turns out she is gay, and she's...NOT GAY ENOUGH?

PC culture, man. Just, fuck it.

What? I thought the whole point of "acting" was the ability to portray someone you are not. Now, in order to act, you have to be exactly like the person you are portraying?

Twitter may be the greatest collection of stupid the world has ever seen...

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale

6. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 13:28 Eirikrautha

Rhett wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:15:
Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous.

They're trying to "stretch" the law (or at least USSC precedent) with a creative interpretation. And they're banking on the fact that most resellers are so small that they aren't willing to litigate the question. It's the epitome of sleazy...

News Comments > Rocket League Language Ban Stats

2. Re: Rocket League Language Ban Stats Aug 9, 2018, 10:38 Eirikrautha

Redmask wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 08:09:
Best $10 I ever spent on Steam, fantastic game.
Agreed. Simple concept with excellent execution and more variability than the concept would suggest.

As per the article though, if you have to ban 520,000 accounts, does this really prove you are beating "toxicity"?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 18:50 Eirikrautha

NKD wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 11:16:
I don't really recall seeing any alt-right propaganda on The Escapist? And you all know how much I love to bitch about the alt-reich.

I expect they'll settle to just save time and effort, but you never know. If they push it their comments probably won't meet the standard of libel. It's very hard to make a libel case in the United States.

True. there needs to be provable damages for legal action to be effective. But there needs to be some accountability for all of today's name-calling. Calling someone a member of the KKK could cost the person jobs and business opportunities. So they'd damn well better be a member if you're going to accuse them. The term "alt-right" has garnered the same pejorative power among today's ctrl-left and has been used to attack people's jobs and livelihood. If that person is not a "member" of this amorphous group, then the name-caller should be held accountable. And considering that "alt-right" generally means "someone I disagree with for not being as regressively left wing as I am," it seems like that would be a hard membership to prove.

News Comments > IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations

28. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 8, 2018, 18:29 Eirikrautha

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:40:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 10:25:
Beamer wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 23:14:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 21:45:
The Nintendo gaming EDITOR for IGN plagiarizes a review? Not some newbie trying to make his name, but the freaking editor?

Thank goodness there's no issue with ethics in games journalism...

If only this were the type of thing you people focused on, instead of "objective reviews."

In any case, it's clearly a bad actor. Every industry on the planet has them. And the review is down, promptly. Looks like the institutions are doing the right thing. For all your bluster, shit like this happens less than once a year and seems to be handled properly.

A) He was allowed to edit his own work. No other eyes saw it before it got up on the website. This is a systemic problem as well as a personal one.

B) The last three Nintendo editors for IGN have all gone on to work at Nintendo afterward. When an EPA staffer goes on to work at Exxon after he leaves, people tend to doubt the efficacy of his time at the EPA (and rightly so). But the ethics of this happening in gaming journalism is unquestionable, right?

What's wrong with Nintendo journalists going to Nintendo? Again, this happens in every damn industry. Hell, the President of my company, which is publicly traded, started out a journalist covering this industry, and we're not even an enthusiast industry.

Nintendo wants people who know the industry well, know how to communicate, know the company well, and have spent a lot of time evaluating it and thinking about how to improve it. Where do you think those people come from?

Jesus, it's all conspiracy with you people. You have no clue how the world works and only pay attention to video games, so you see things that happen EVERYWHERE and assume it's people out to ruin your video games.

You ignored point A (of course, since you know it's poor journalist practices).

Your hyperbole about conspiracies (which no one mentioned here) does not deflect from the fact that IGN has proven to be a conduit to Nintendo. Would this be the case if the editor was overly critical? If you can't see the incentives, then you are a fool (but I know in your case it's willful ignorance. And you can't spell ignorance without IGN).

26. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 8, 2018, 10:25 Eirikrautha

Beamer wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 23:14:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 21:45:
The Nintendo gaming EDITOR for IGN plagiarizes a review? Not some newbie trying to make his name, but the freaking editor?

If only this were the type of thing you people focused on, instead of "objective reviews."

In any case, it's clearly a bad actor. Every industry on the planet has them. And the review is down, promptly. Looks like the institutions are doing the right thing. For all your bluster, shit like this happens less than once a year and seems to be handled properly.

A) He was allowed to edit his own work. No other eyes saw it before it got up on the website. This is a systemic problem as well as a personal one.

B) The last three Nintendo editors for IGN have all gone on to work at Nintendo afterward. When an EPA staffer goes on to work at Exxon after he leaves, people tend to doubt the efficacy of his time at the EPA (and rightly so). But the ethics of this happening in gaming journalism is unquestionable, right?

22. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 7, 2018, 21:45 Eirikrautha

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 15:47 Eirikrautha

Ehhh, I'd comment on the fact that, once you let near-monopoly corporations decide what can and can't be said, you may very well discover yourself among the silenced.

The sort of people who you have to defend to support free speech are seldom anything but sleazy and disgusting (see ACLU's support of the KKK's right to march... except even the ACLU is walking their support for free speech back). But if you needed a saint as defendant to make your cause just, you wouldn't have Miranda rights, for one thing.

And before some buffoon comes along with an XKCD comic or an "it's naht the gub'mint!" response, imagine if your local cable/ISP companies got together and decided that they weren't going to provide service for anyone who voted for X or once said Y in an email or so on. The same people who were all cheering Obama for increasing the power of the executive branch through executive orders are now losing their shit over Trump using the same power. Once you legitimize a tactic, you legitimize it for your enemies, too (how's the "nuclear option" on judicial confirmations working out for ya', Senate Dems?).

But, then again, looking at the quality of "speech" from the regulars on here that support this move, if they were to be affected by censorship, nothing of value would be lost. I guess every cloud has its silver lining...

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video

50. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 4, 2018, 11:45 Eirikrautha

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 04:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:55:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:50:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 12:18:
The fact that they took 50 people at a station, put them in various ships, some holding like 20 and flew them to another planet for Battlefield-like combat, all without loading screens is crazy impressive technically, regardless of the latency.
But who wants to wait X minutes riding on a ship before the action even starts?
Absolutely no one. Might as well be a dentist waiting room a truck driving or railroad simulator.
jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:48:
Do I sense another 100 comment Star Citizen thread in the making?
Nah, The 2 minute clip is such a joke I doubt it hits 50.

Under 50 so far, so you look to be right.

Had to post in order to get this to 50, just to keep RedEye's streak of never being right alive...

665 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >