Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eirikrautha

Real Name Eirikrautha   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 10, 2012, 20:31
Total Comments 489 (Amateur)
User ID 57390

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
83. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 20, 2016, 11:08 Eirikrautha

heroin wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 10:45:
I still don't understand why people flap their gums up and down like a bunch of drool slobbering camels over SC's development. From a business perspective on revenue & production what they did is pretty genius. The game will push boundaries once it's finally released compared to whatever is coming out down the line. For a new team taking on something with such scope, 4 years in development isn't terrible. I honestly hope they are ignoring the negative shmucks and work their asses off, taking as long as possible to make it as good as they are able; massive & loaded with detail.

Poster's name: "heroin"

Name checks out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 13, 2016, 16:45 Eirikrautha

El Pit wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 13:47:
Maybe Trumperica will do just what democratic countries like Russia and Turkey did: imprison all critical journalists, close every newspaper or tv station that will not follow the government's guidelines, and suddenly there is only one truth and that is forged by the regime government. After all, Putin and The Donald are best friends forever, right? Why not do what his friend did?
So, you're worried that the government will start behaving like the average left-wing college administration and silence anyone who says anything they don't like? Cool story, brah...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 16:00 Eirikrautha

Bundy wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:03:
One does not simply move to Canada:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/americans-it-s-not-as-easy-as-just-moving-to-canada-1.3150096

That said, I feel good being Canadian today, I honestly have no idea what my neighbors to the south think Trump is going to do for you. But it's probably not what you think. We'll just have to wait and see.

The fact that someone from a country that elected Justin Trudeau has the lack of self-awareness to post this just adds to the humor.

Pro-tip: Short Morton's stock. After yesterday's election, salt will no longer be in short supply...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2016, 18:28 Eirikrautha

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 13:16:
nin wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:53:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:48:
The Nintendo Switch is dead before they even release it. They should just fold up shop and do something else.

Ima bookmark this for later...

"Osmodamus' Prophecies"

Nah. Everyone thinks they're a Nostradumbass... and they're right!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 23, 2016, 22:39 Eirikrautha

Malvok wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 22:13:
ShakaUVM wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 21:50:
I'm really liking it.
I'm enjoying it as well. I like almost every aspect of the game. I'm not so sure about what looks like the ability to spam cities without any penalty but the rest of the changes I like.

The only real bug I've found is when it switches to the wrong unit for a second before continuing to the right one. I've ordered units to the wrong location a few times because I clicked too soon.
I'd like to comment, but I've lost a weekend somewhere. Just a few more turns and I'll be at a stopping point...

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Statement
45. Re: SAG-AFTRA Statement Oct 21, 2016, 16:54 Eirikrautha

Devinoch wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 14:10:
The original copyright exclusivity was also based on the life expectancy of people being in their mid to late 60s, not, as it stands now, their mid to late 80s.

80s - 60s = ~20 years

100 years - 14 years = 86 years

So copyright length has gone up four times as fast as life expectancy.

No wonder you support this stupidity. Your math skills suck...

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
67. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 21:06 Eirikrautha

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 19:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 19:15:
That last link is bullshit. pro. generaterated planet my fucking ass. Lets see, a sand planet with a big snake/worm on it (obvious shot at No Man's SKy)

NMS? It was a 100% Dune rip or maybe 98% Dune and 2% Sarlacc from Star Wars RotJ. Just like those sand people were a 100% rip off of Tatooine Tusken raiders.

Star Wars/Dune clone = CIG creativity department.

Sign number 1,768 that you're backing a scam: Appeals to other people's IP to generate nostalgia...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 19:13 Eirikrautha

descender wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 18:37:
That "limited government" you pretend to seek is not a thing that can either be achieved or that you would actually accept at any level. It's a bullshit argument put forth by people with no solutions to any particular issue. Just having "less" isn't an answer. That's a hatchet job with no possibility of effective change.

The days of small limited government control are basically over and they have been since a few hundred million people inhabited it. This isn't the wild west anymore, we are ("the good guys") trying to push forward as a society and that means everyone hunkering down and paying their fair share to be part of what is easily still the greatest country in the world to live in for any random individual. That doesn't mean allowing greed to run rampant in the economy and shitting on those less fortunate than you. That means using our collective power to raise up those less fortunate than us.

You are judged on how you treat the weakest people in your society. Hanging them out to dry because you don't want to buy into the system basically just makes you a selfish asshole with zero foresight.
Right. You and your ilk are the progressives on the "right side of history." Collective power (wielded by the likeminded few, of course) has always turned out so well, especially when used by the forces of righteousness. So we'll replace "Deus vult!" with "For the people!" and that will make our crusade turn out properly. I don't know what is most amusing, your ignorance of history, or your self-righteous belief that it doesn't apply to you...

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 18:24 Eirikrautha

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 18:05:
Eirikrautha wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 16:44:
There is no part of your life that isn't regulated by the government, down to the size of toilet you use or the kind of light bulbs you can buy. And all of this with the threat of lethal force behind it.

Who has ever been threatened with lethal force over the size of their toilet or light bulb purchasing choices in this country?

Attempt to import a non-regulation toilet into this country. Then refuse to pay the fine. Then refuse to cooperate with the officers that come to arrest you. Every act of government is based on the concept that the government can and will force your compliance, up to and including deadly force. You will pay or you will go to jail, or you will be shot where you stand. Or is your contention that you can ignore government regulations and their enforcement without consequences, including violence against you if you persist in your defiance?

I find it highly ironic that the same folks likely to support the BLM buffoons, are the same folks who want to increase the power of government and police, and also assert that the police can be trusted to use that power wisely (at least when they are enforcing the laws that you like)...

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 18:15 Eirikrautha

descender wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 18:00:
I only wish I could be on the side of the whiners and complainers that only posit problems and never solutions. What do you even suggest to resolve the actual issues of this government (which you seem to barely comprehend through your fog of conservatism) short of violent revolution?
Why do you think there is a "resolution"? Every cancer patient desperately wants a cure... but few get one. The answer is not political; it's cultural. Only when an overwhelming majority of people want limited government will you be able to elect enough congressmen who, out of their own self-interested desire to remain in office, will vote to shrink the powers of government. But no one in politics is even making this argument, much less building a critical mass. Our culture is perfectly fine with overbearing government, so long as we have Twitter and skittles.

Small progress can be made locally (California just put huge restrictions on civil forfeiture). But the average citizen should just keep their head down, avoid interaction with government as much as possible, and ride the rubble down. Outside of raising your children with the values that you support and hoping that the culture you are opposing (which has the power of the government and the media behind it) dies out, there is no quick fix. It's the quick fix of thrashing around harder that just makes the quicksand pull you down faster...

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2016, 18:25.

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 16:44 Eirikrautha

descender wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 13:44:
The government is just people. It is not naturally corrupt, inefficient or incompetent. If you want better government then elect better people.

No. This is why your (and her) policies will never work. There are no better people. The government will always be as corrupt, inefficient, and incompetent as the most corrupt, inefficient, and incompetent member of our society. It has to be, because that is who government is: the people.

The entire construction of the U.S. government was founded on the concept that good government was dependent on the rules and systems of government, not on the people who ran it. In fact, the idea that the "good" people will create good government was the exact idea that the colonists were rebelling against (since the British defined "good" people as the hereditary nobility). The US was founded as a nation of laws, not men.

In some ways, the nation has failed, in that the slow subversion of the basic tenets of limited government bound by strict powers has occurred over the last 250 years. But you are a fool of gigantic proportions if you believe that any person (be it Hillary or Trump) will be able to reverse the corruption of the US system of government. It has grown too large, with too many people making themselves rich by abusing it (see the money paid to Bill Clinton for speeches while Hillary was determining foreign policy as SoS). The only way to reform government is to shrink it, which no one is willing to do.

Advocating "good" government is the height of stupidity, and it certainly shows a colossal ignorance of the actual theory of government expounded by its founders. Argue, if you will, that the US government should be restructured according to new guiding principles if that is your aim, but electing "good" people to fix the government is an idea that the creators of the system would scoff at as a safeguard. They all knew that no one could be trusted with power.

Government is the ability to force (by all means up to and including fatal) others to do what you want. A just society recognizes that the power of government should be used seldom and sparingly, as every command of government is done at gunpoint (both figuratively, and sometimes literally). Modern western society (including the US) has abandoned any pretense of just or sparing use of force. There is no part of your life that isn't regulated by the government, down to the size of toilet you use or the kind of light bulbs you can buy. And all of this with the threat of lethal force behind it. And some of you idiots want more of it...

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
22. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 17:20 Eirikrautha

So what's the skinny on Fig? Is it an "Indegogo" type where they keep the money whether or not they make their goal, or is it more like kickstarter?  

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
69. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 24, 2016, 10:12 Eirikrautha

Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 21:09:
I'll defend your right to be an idiot, but I don't have to even see you as a human being if you "just want to see it burn" by voting in Trump.
You need a term for that. How about "lebensunwerten lebens"? It's kind of catchy.

I'd quote Nietzsche about monsters, but the same sort of pretentious, non-selfaware psuedo-intellectuals who I'd be addressing with the quote already know it... they just think they understand it better than those that would apply it to them (and are above it)...

News Comments > NBA 2K17 Tips Off
5. Re: NBA 2K17 Tips Off Sep 20, 2016, 21:10 Eirikrautha

NHL17 or nothin'!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
99. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 7, 2016, 21:05 Eirikrautha

Redmask wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 07:33:
Bundy, he's latched onto Star Citizen because its a hot topic in the gaming community and the only way he will get any attention. Everyone should just stop feeding the beast. He's upset that no one cares about his own projects due to continually failing to bring them to a meaningful conclusion and due to his own drama bombs. As a result hes a joke in the industry and knows it. He doesn't have anything of substance to offer on this subject, all of his predictions have been incredibly vague or outright incorrect and he's obviously jealous at others success. It is so transparent it would be pitiable if he wasn't so obnoxious about it.

Star Citizen might not amount to much of anything but it won't be because a forgotten laughingstock of the industry said anything about it.

Honestly, though, unless you have some programming and production creds I don't know about, I don't see where you (or I, for that matter) are even relevant to the industry, much less a laughingstock (we should only hope to be that relevant). So, when I have to weigh his opinion against yours... he's got something to show for his, even if it's failure (as you call it. I wonder who's worth more, though. I guarantee he's got more money than I do!). So I've got to give him some credibility.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
65. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 24, 2016, 11:17 Eirikrautha

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 20:31:
First impressions:

- Mouse Acceleration out the ass. Argh. Turning sensitivity to ~ 38% seemed to be a decent sweet spot, I saw a post by an Eidos community rep that they are looking into it. Probably something they forgot to turn off again.

- For me it runs buttery smooth. Settings, basically all High or one better, no MSAA. I turned off Depth of View and Motion Blur because those are fucking godawful effects that I wish would just die a horrible death already. Also turned off the sharpen filter and Chromatic Blur. Haven't benchmarked yet, let me try that and post results later, but everything feels smooth like silk on these settings, i-2500, GTX970 and 8GB of ram. It seems like the newer generation cards are having issues whereas mine fortunately seems to be running great. Game looks great at these settings, although textures could be a bit sharper (there are 2 more texture settings above this one, I'll try it out later with a higher one).

- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ass cutscenes. Holy fuck. I wish I'd have been given agency in some of those cutscenes, it would have made the whole thing far more powerful, but oh well.

- Animations in general seem to have gotten a bit more stiff. Not all of them, some are really nice and fluid, but others look worse when compared to its five year old predecessor. Not sure what the hell that is about.

- Takedown options have GREATLY improved. Take guys down over obstacles, around obstacles, all works very smoothly. This makes playing a non-lethal playthrough a lot less finicky.

- Similarly, if people on the first floor can now see a dude on the 2nd floor and you take the dude on the 2nd floor down, the peeps on the 1st floor will go into alarm mode. This is much more realistic, and makes it definitely tougher to go from guy to guy taking them out. Several times I had to make use of a strategically thrown object to lure a guard out of his patrol zone in order to be able to take him out, which is good. I basically never had to do that in HR.

- While I appreciate the level of precision the new sneak system gives, it is very distracting. I wish there was a way to turn it off...

- Can't really judge on the story so far, I just made it to Prague. Voice acting is good, however.

- Faces look pretty bad. Not Fallout 4 levels of horror, but bad anyway. I thought Jensen looked better in HR...

- Music is top notch. WOOT MICHAEL MCCANN!!

Very much enjoying it so far.

Thanks for the rundown. I took the plunge last night. The only complaint I have is the movement feels clunkier than in the first. I think it's the damn mouse acceleration. Otherwise, pretty good so far.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:02 Eirikrautha

Alright, despite the fact that I really liked DE:HR, I didn't pre-order. Somebody play for a couple of hours and tell me if I should buy this (is it like the last one)!

PLEASE!!!

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
20. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 16:09 Eirikrautha

Perhaps I missed it, but where is the "starship combat" in this starship combat game? All I saw (gameplay-wise) was the Crytek Engine doing what it does best (near the end): FPS. Where's the persistent universe with 100s of starships duking it out?  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins
7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins Aug 12, 2016, 11:58 Eirikrautha

MattyC wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 00:15:
Maybe I am alone here, but I would love to see an updated European Air War. I have very fond memories of stuff like Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and Aces of the Pacific, but EAW was just awesome.

Absolutely. Those games with modern engines would be amazing!

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins
1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins Aug 11, 2016, 15:18 Eirikrautha

Once upon a time, hearing "IL-2" would have caused an immediate grab for my wallet (in order to start throwing money at the screen). But after the last few buggy cash-grabs, I'm gonna need to see some reviews...  

489 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo