Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Eirikrautha

Real Name Eirikrautha   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 10, 2012, 20:31
Total Comments 661 (Apprentice)
User ID 57390

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans
14. Re: Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans Aug 19, 2019, 18:37 Eirikrautha

Lipstick, pig. Discuss...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Aug 19, 2019, 11:27 Eirikrautha

Beamer wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 13:30:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 12:10:
Beamer wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 09:08:
Vulkan wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 08:21:
Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 17:47:
Man, some of you really hate stories about non-straight people

As with any story, how much I like it depends on how well written and implemented it is. A game like The Missing does it very well, where the subject of the main character's gender is integral to what the game's story is about and the message that it's trying to convey; this stuff in BL3 just seems to have been added in as a bizarre "Just because we can" afterthought.

True, but what in borderlands isn't bizarre just because they could? They had an entire mission about a robot sadly trying to throw himself a birthday pizza party. The tasks included turning on the boombox and blowing into party favors.

Bizarre shit for the sake of being bizarre.

So you are equating stories about non-straight people with being bizarre? Not cool, man...

You fail at making a gotcha, which is why often no one bothers responding to your trite "debate" skills.

We know you hate anything non-straight, non-white, non-male. Any time these topics come up, you ride your Aryan horse in to whine and complain.

You "know"? Or you are projecting your own bigotry on others? Funny that your debate "skills" are always predicated on immediate ad hominems and straw man arguments. I defy you to find a single post where I declare anything you've written above (you know you can't). You are attributing a non-existent "hate" based on the fact that I disagree with your stupid opinions.

Maybe you should take this guy's advice:

Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 01:59:
I don't get the "never apologize" thing. Sometimes I accidentally say or do something stupid. The right thing to do is step back, realize you made a mistake, and try to right it.

Beamer wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 09:04:
I think it just stems from a self-important self-righteousness; that s certain group thinks you never need to apologize for something you didn't mean to do. As if intent always takes priority.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Aug 18, 2019, 12:10 Eirikrautha

Beamer wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 09:08:
Vulkan wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 08:21:
Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 17:47:
Man, some of you really hate stories about non-straight people

As with any story, how much I like it depends on how well written and implemented it is. A game like The Missing does it very well, where the subject of the main character's gender is integral to what the game's story is about and the message that it's trying to convey; this stuff in BL3 just seems to have been added in as a bizarre "Just because we can" afterthought.

True, but what in borderlands isn't bizarre just because they could? They had an entire mission about a robot sadly trying to throw himself a birthday pizza party. The tasks included turning on the boombox and blowing into party favors.

Bizarre shit for the sake of being bizarre.

So you are equating stories about non-straight people with being bizarre? Not cool, man...

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 16:42 Eirikrautha

MrCharm42 wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 09:50:
The game should if not show then at least mention the horrors of 1800-1900 colonialism and not just sugar coat it with all happy pink unicorns and Mexicans that JUST SO HAPPEN to work on your plantations (And yes, there are plantations). Because that is the opposite of what the setting and the historic victims of this deserve.

So what do they deserve? Force the player to watch a history video that delves deeply into the nuances of various victims? All Civ-like games would then be endlessly tedious to develop/play. Can you imagine watching long lecturing videos every time a new civilization is discovered?
Fiction is fiction - if we're going to have that standard, then all novels are out (unless they have long balancing/edifying afterwords). Or is it all just fine if instead of calling them Mexicans (as in your example) they are just called Xicans or some other made up name?

Somehow I get the feeling that the same people who are upset at the lack of historical examination of colonialist inhumane behavior were also the same folks who complained that historical accuracy was not a reason for Kingdom Come: Deliverance to not include anyone other than white people.

The call for "political" video games is disingenuous at best. Games can address political topics without being "political." They can also address no politics at all. The call for all games to "recognize" their politics is a totalitarian sentiment (by the literal definition of the word totalitarian), similar to the phrase "the personal is political." Its primary purpose is to justify the application of political censorship towards ideas and art the complainer does not like. If everything is political, then the complainer is justified in demanding that his politics be either explicitly rejected (with the threat of furious backlash if the author dares to do so) or included in any work. Otherwise the complainer can insinuate that the author is denying the "correct" politics by not mentioning them at all (arguing that lack of rejection is the same as enthusiastic acceptance).

Anyone so arrogantly sure of their own politics that they believe EVERY medium should reflect their worldview all of the time is someone whose worldview is almost certainly unworthy of said focus...

News Comments > G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up
9. Re: G2A vs. Unknown Worlds Follow-up Aug 15, 2019, 09:42 Eirikrautha

So, instead of damaging G2A (which many of us were predisposed to disbelieve), you've now caused me to distrust what you say just as much. Good job!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 7, 2019, 11:17 Eirikrautha

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 19:24:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pbs-news-hour/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/
like shooting ducks in a barrel
You pick a website owned and operated by the president of The New School, who is a CFR member and clerked for one of the most liberal Supreme Court Justices of the 20th Century (Harry Blackmun)?

Of course he doesn't think those sources are biased! They agree with him. Would you accept the ratings of one of Scalia's clerks as to bias?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that some posters on this site must be dictating their posts, because they are too much drooling idiots to actually find the letters on their keyboards...

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans
18. Re: Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans Aug 4, 2019, 16:29 Eirikrautha

necrosis wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 12:24:
This is how I have been thinking about it in my mind. I have a few games in my Steam library that I bought on launch and havent (still havent) touched because they are a buggy mess.

*Looks at Pathfinder in his library*

Yeah, I know what you mean...

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 4, 2019, 16:05 Eirikrautha

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 3, 2019, 18:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2019, 16:35:
Are PC Games Held Back By Consoles.

Is that even a question that needs asking in this day and age when the answer has been known for years.

Did you read it? Itís saying that consoles ARENíT holding back PC games, and some games are demanding hardware beyond some peopleís budget. Well yes, games are gonna run worse and worse if you never upgrade your rig. People who always buy hardware that is JUST enough to run the games out right then will find their equipment struggling within a year or two. This should surprise no one.

The surprising thing wouldn't be to find out that he read it, it'd be to find out that he can read...

News Comments > Madden 20 Kicks Off
3. Re: Madden 20 Kicks Off Aug 3, 2019, 10:03 Eirikrautha

...as they are offering NFL legend Jim Brown as a freebie, giving the chance to play with the greatest running back in the history of the sport.

Barry Sanders would like a word with you...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2019, 09:53 Eirikrautha

According to the article, they haven't even made any decisions yet.

The sad fact is that, as awesome as open source is for the developer, the ability of any contributor to say "Screw you! I'm doing something else" and fork the project means that no commonality ever really exists. The compromises that being part of a large company or organization bring never have to occur... so they don't.

Honestly, until Linux develops a seamless and integrated ability to run Windows executables and ends the driver nightmares, very few businesses and consumers are going to be willing to give up their libraries of comfortable software and ease of expansion for Linux (double that for gamers!). Linux's greatest advantage (it's configurability) is also its greatest hindrance...

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive
1. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive Jul 25, 2019, 13:28 Eirikrautha

And I'm out. This would have been a day one buy for me. But games are a recreation for me, not a necessity. So I can wait for it to come out elsewhere later, or never. I already have more games than I have time to play. If you can't be honest and transparent in your Kickstarter about where your game is going to be, I don;t need it...  

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Next Month on EGS
2. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Next Month on EGS Jul 18, 2019, 11:41 Eirikrautha

Was interested. Saw that it was Epic exclusive. Ehhh, I can wait, then. Not gonna reward exclusivity on digital distribution platforms...  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 15, 2019, 19:53 Eirikrautha

The new era of D&D has already begun. This game might usher in a new era of D&D CRPGs... if it's good...

*fingers crossed*

News Comments > PUBG Versus Cheating
6. Re: PUBG Versus Cheating Jul 15, 2019, 16:46 Eirikrautha

grudgebearer wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 12:00:
Did they ever region lock Asia from the North American servers? Cause if they didn't, it's still going to be trash.

Screen name checks out...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews May 28, 2019, 16:07 Eirikrautha

WaltC wrote on May 28, 2019, 11:47:
IMO, Rock,Paper,Shotgun absolutely ruined the look of the site--and the quality of the writing seems to have taken a big nosedive, as well. The utterly garish hot-pinks/medicinal-greens/washed-out browns, rudely imposed over a bright-white backdrop, is a color scheme that is a literal affront to my sensitive peepers--I cannot believe how they have murdered that site! Just murdered it.

It's not something for adults-to-young-adults anymore--it seems like something designed specifically for children under ten--heck, under six, maybe. It's not often you see sites that have amassed reputations and success around constant, well-established visual themes that have become universally recognized trademarks of the sites to a large extent, requiring years of work and effort--as well as a certain quality and style of writing--just decide to throw it all out in the race to mindlessly adopt something new--simply because it's new. And with no regard for the continuity of quality--no regard whatever. Ugh. Why throw away a decade of site identity and achievement? Why not? says, RPS. Reminds me of "New Coke" versus traditional "Coke." Except that RPS has no intention of offering the site as it was for so long, of course.

None of the original founders of the site are still there. John Walker left about a month ago, I think. Granted, he was one of the reasons I stopped visiting the site, but there were still a few articles now and again by others that had some of the original spirit. All that remains is a thinly-veiled corporate doppelganger of the original. It'll be dead soon...

News Comments > WHO Recognizes "Gaming Disorder"
28. Re: WHO Recognizes May 27, 2019, 21:42 Eirikrautha

RedEye9 wrote on May 27, 2019, 10:57:
Armchair quarterbacks lawyers doctors accountants nutritionists addictionologists.

An "expert" is someone who has managed to monetize their ignorance.

Bet it makes you jealous. You've been sharing your ignorance here on Blues for free...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2019, 15:01 Eirikrautha

Well, A Fist Full of Dollars was remade as the Bruce Willis film Last Man Standing. Of course, since Fist was already a remake of Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, turn-about is fair play!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation May 12, 2019, 11:54 Eirikrautha

Dacote wrote on May 12, 2019, 10:43:
Eirikrautha wrote on May 11, 2019, 16:22:
Beamer wrote on May 11, 2019, 15:18:
Eirikrautha wrote on May 11, 2019, 14:06:
Funny, I don't remember a Gallup poll on fan reaction to the new Barret. It's almost like Kotaku, ground zero in the culture-war-as-clickbait disease, sees the opportunity to bitch about something while harvesting clicks, without the slightest evidence. But how could that be? That would be like... I don't know... monetizing outrage.

But I'm sure that they actually have a carefully designed poll to gauge "fan" reaction, as opposed to asking a handful of soy-boy colleagues in the desks next to them (who never even played the original)...

Did you unironically call someone "soy boy?"

Yep, it's my "Beamer call." I figure you hear "soy" and just assume you've been summoned.
Spoken like a true troll. Dude, that's sad.

A "troll" would be someone who posts to get a reaction, as opposed to reacting to the story. So, you know, posting about someone's phrasing, as opposed to addressing the point that there is no evidence of "fan" reaction.

So thanks for your support!

6. Re: Evening Consolidation May 11, 2019, 16:22 Eirikrautha

Beamer wrote on May 11, 2019, 15:18:
Eirikrautha wrote on May 11, 2019, 14:06:
Funny, I don't remember a Gallup poll on fan reaction to the new Barret. It's almost like Kotaku, ground zero in the culture-war-as-clickbait disease, sees the opportunity to bitch about something while harvesting clicks, without the slightest evidence. But how could that be? That would be like... I don't know... monetizing outrage.

But I'm sure that they actually have a carefully designed poll to gauge "fan" reaction, as opposed to asking a handful of soy-boy colleagues in the desks next to them (who never even played the original)...

Did you unironically call someone "soy boy?"

Yep, it's my "Beamer call." I figure you hear "soy" and just assume you've been summoned.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation May 11, 2019, 14:06 Eirikrautha

661 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo