Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eirikrautha

Real Name Eirikrautha   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 10, 2012, 20:31
Total Comments 477 (Amateur)
User ID 57390

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
69. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 24, 2016, 10:12 Eirikrautha

Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 21:09:
I'll defend your right to be an idiot, but I don't have to even see you as a human being if you "just want to see it burn" by voting in Trump.
You need a term for that. How about "lebensunwerten lebens"? It's kind of catchy.

I'd quote Nietzsche about monsters, but the same sort of pretentious, non-selfaware psuedo-intellectuals who I'd be addressing with the quote already know it... they just think they understand it better than those that would apply it to them (and are above it)...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NBA 2K17 Tips Off
5. Re: NBA 2K17 Tips Off Sep 20, 2016, 21:10 Eirikrautha

NHL17 or nothin'!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
99. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 7, 2016, 21:05 Eirikrautha

Redmask wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 07:33:
Bundy, he's latched onto Star Citizen because its a hot topic in the gaming community and the only way he will get any attention. Everyone should just stop feeding the beast. He's upset that no one cares about his own projects due to continually failing to bring them to a meaningful conclusion and due to his own drama bombs. As a result hes a joke in the industry and knows it. He doesn't have anything of substance to offer on this subject, all of his predictions have been incredibly vague or outright incorrect and he's obviously jealous at others success. It is so transparent it would be pitiable if he wasn't so obnoxious about it.

Star Citizen might not amount to much of anything but it won't be because a forgotten laughingstock of the industry said anything about it.

Honestly, though, unless you have some programming and production creds I don't know about, I don't see where you (or I, for that matter) are even relevant to the industry, much less a laughingstock (we should only hope to be that relevant). So, when I have to weigh his opinion against yours... he's got something to show for his, even if it's failure (as you call it. I wonder who's worth more, though. I guarantee he's got more money than I do!). So I've got to give him some credibility.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
65. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 24, 2016, 11:17 Eirikrautha

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 20:31:
First impressions:

- Mouse Acceleration out the ass. Argh. Turning sensitivity to ~ 38% seemed to be a decent sweet spot, I saw a post by an Eidos community rep that they are looking into it. Probably something they forgot to turn off again.

- For me it runs buttery smooth. Settings, basically all High or one better, no MSAA. I turned off Depth of View and Motion Blur because those are fucking godawful effects that I wish would just die a horrible death already. Also turned off the sharpen filter and Chromatic Blur. Haven't benchmarked yet, let me try that and post results later, but everything feels smooth like silk on these settings, i-2500, GTX970 and 8GB of ram. It seems like the newer generation cards are having issues whereas mine fortunately seems to be running great. Game looks great at these settings, although textures could be a bit sharper (there are 2 more texture settings above this one, I'll try it out later with a higher one).

- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ass cutscenes. Holy fuck. I wish I'd have been given agency in some of those cutscenes, it would have made the whole thing far more powerful, but oh well.

- Animations in general seem to have gotten a bit more stiff. Not all of them, some are really nice and fluid, but others look worse when compared to its five year old predecessor. Not sure what the hell that is about.

- Takedown options have GREATLY improved. Take guys down over obstacles, around obstacles, all works very smoothly. This makes playing a non-lethal playthrough a lot less finicky.

- Similarly, if people on the first floor can now see a dude on the 2nd floor and you take the dude on the 2nd floor down, the peeps on the 1st floor will go into alarm mode. This is much more realistic, and makes it definitely tougher to go from guy to guy taking them out. Several times I had to make use of a strategically thrown object to lure a guard out of his patrol zone in order to be able to take him out, which is good. I basically never had to do that in HR.

- While I appreciate the level of precision the new sneak system gives, it is very distracting. I wish there was a way to turn it off...

- Can't really judge on the story so far, I just made it to Prague. Voice acting is good, however.

- Faces look pretty bad. Not Fallout 4 levels of horror, but bad anyway. I thought Jensen looked better in HR...

- Music is top notch. WOOT MICHAEL MCCANN!!

Very much enjoying it so far.

Thanks for the rundown. I took the plunge last night. The only complaint I have is the movement feels clunkier than in the first. I think it's the damn mouse acceleration. Otherwise, pretty good so far.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:02 Eirikrautha

Alright, despite the fact that I really liked DE:HR, I didn't pre-order. Somebody play for a couple of hours and tell me if I should buy this (is it like the last one)!

PLEASE!!!

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
20. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 16:09 Eirikrautha

Perhaps I missed it, but where is the "starship combat" in this starship combat game? All I saw (gameplay-wise) was the Crytek Engine doing what it does best (near the end): FPS. Where's the persistent universe with 100s of starships duking it out?  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins
7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins Aug 12, 2016, 11:58 Eirikrautha

MattyC wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 00:15:
Maybe I am alone here, but I would love to see an updated European Air War. I have very fond memories of stuff like Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and Aces of the Pacific, but EAW was just awesome.

Absolutely. Those games with modern engines would be amazing!

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins
1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins Aug 11, 2016, 15:18 Eirikrautha

Once upon a time, hearing "IL-2" would have caused an immediate grab for my wallet (in order to start throwing money at the screen). But after the last few buggy cash-grabs, I'm gonna need to see some reviews...  

News Comments > Master of Orion This Month
1. Re: Master of Orion This Month Aug 11, 2016, 09:59 Eirikrautha

So, I can buy the game, but I don't get all the content unless I "upgrade" later. So you're charging me part of the price for part of the game. I guess that's useful if I'm not sure if I'll like it. But it still seems shady...  

News Comments > Eisenhorn: XENOS Released
2. Re: Eisenhorn: XENOS Released Aug 10, 2016, 20:00 Eirikrautha

Creston wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 18:45:
Anyone know anything about this?
Seconded. This looks like it has potential, but a good GW game is as rare as a virgin unicorn descending from an UFO into the arms of an honest politician...

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
21. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 6, 2016, 23:09 Eirikrautha

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 21:52:
Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 18:45:
Spoiler alert! At the center, you find a decoder ring and a message that says, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

Oh I thought it was God in the need of a space ship.

Excuse me... But why does God need a spaceship? </Kirk>

News Comments > Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Trailer
8. Re: Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Trailer Aug 4, 2016, 23:10 Eirikrautha

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 17:39:
Tachikoma wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 14:04:
Looks like another Dungeon Siege clone. Only now with more Vikings, because Game Of Thrones.

Really? Where are the Vikings in GoT? I see plenty of them in the show Vikings however.

It's physics. The Law of Conservation of Stupidity. If several BNs posters stopped posting, others would have to appear in order to keep the amount of stupid that is posted constant. He's just doing his part...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 4, 2016, 23:05 Eirikrautha

NKD wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 00:42:
It's mostly a lot of really opinionated elderly Luddites with strong conservative political opinions.
Citation, please. And "Straight outta' my ass" doesn't count.

This generalization thing is fun, though. I'll give it a shot, "The sort of person who tends to reduce all topics to politics tends to be the sort of ignoramus who shouldn't be involved in politics, nor try to understand most topics..."

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
27. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 31, 2016, 11:36 Eirikrautha

DangerDog wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 21:26:
/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

Did you just seriously link to a bootleg Windows reddit as proof that Win10 Enterprise can be had for $50? When the poster themselves admits that: a) they are not a licensed dealer, and b) their keys don't always work?

By your logic, Win 10 Enterprise is free, so long as you pirate it!

Windows Enterprise is a lot more than $50 (legally). If you aren't trustworthy about that...

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming
3. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming Jul 30, 2016, 12:36 Eirikrautha

El Pit wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 11:13:
Activision: We have top men working on it right now.
Gamers: Who?
Activision: Top... men.
As much as I hate them in principle, posts like this are the reason Blues needs a "like" button...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 30, 2016, 12:34 Eirikrautha

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 10:17:

Come on windows 10 defenders,defend this. And tell us how great it is again and how it's free and derp.

First they came for the Start Menu, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not use it.

Then they came for the Group Policies, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not care.

Then they came made Cortana mandatory, and I did not speak out—
Because I do not search.

Then they came for my documents...
Hey, even shills get a day off now and then...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Jul 29, 2016, 19:55 Eirikrautha

Looking forward to this one. The summer drought is about over...  

News Comments > PC Disney Infinity to Cease Working
1. Re: PC Disney Infinity to Cease Working Jul 29, 2016, 19:54 Eirikrautha

And this is why "software as a service" is anti-consumer at its very core. Yet no one gets very worked up about it anymore...  

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
172. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 27, 2016, 18:28 Eirikrautha

jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 02:31:
Jeez, Slick. What's up with the OCD?
Well, he might be getting paid by the word...

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
141. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 27, 2016, 00:05 Eirikrautha

NetHead wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 18:06:
It's always surprising how many people think someone raising such concerns is paranoid or delusional. It's nothing new yet remains surprising because you'd think people would wise up over time, though not only does that not seem to happen, these days there are more people than ever adding their naive voice to the crowd.

Here we have one of the most intelligent people in gaming/tech sphere, with more experience, knowledge and connections in so many areas it's unlikely anyone here could even match him in a single one of those areas, saying that Microsoft is going to do what they have a reputation for doing while trying to benefit themselves and some people shout how he's nuts or flat out wrong.

It almost boggles the mind how some people can be so pompous, going through life like frogs in warming water.

It's like someone's told them the Earth isn't flat and they're ranting about how that someone is wrong with ridiculous and stupid reasons and comparisons. The reply's are so stupid they're not even worth correcting.
Actually, it isn't surprising at all. You are assuming that the "crowd" is in any way sincere or operating in good faith. Microsoft, Google, (hell, the DNC!) et al., all spend millions of dollars every year on social marketing. Just about every major corporation does it. And part of social marketing is getting on various message boards and shilling for the company. You assume that you are seeing people who don't know. You're seeing people who have a financial stake in the system, one way or the other.

Honestly, the handful of genuine doofuses who argue in good faith are the ones I pity the most. At least the shills are getting paid to be dumbasses...

477 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo