Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eirikrautha

Real Name Eirikrautha   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 10, 2012, 20:31
Total Comments 611 (Apprentice)
User ID 57390

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Strange Brigade DLC and Free Maps
1. Re: Strange Brigade DLC and Free Maps Sep 11, 2018, 20:02 Eirikrautha

Wait, didn't this game just come out a week ago or something?!? They are offering a DLC character for a game less than a month after release? Hard to argue they didn't cut content in order to sell it back to us. Not cool. This game goes from a "maybe" to a "heavy sale" or "Nope!" (if the sale doesn't include DLC)...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer
4. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer Sep 4, 2018, 22:43 Eirikrautha

I kickstarted this, but I'm keeping my hopes reasonable. Hopefully it's a decent game. I'd be happy with that...  

News Comments > Violent Game Researcher's Third Retraction
5. Re: Violent Game Researcher's Third Retraction Sep 2, 2018, 10:07 Eirikrautha

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 19:47:
Teacher, Pick Me Pick Me Pick Me
I know the single most important factor in multifactorial school shootings.
And that factor is easy access to guns.

Looks like I just got an A for the day.

Now you can put on your helmet and get on the short bus to go home...

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2018, 19:21 Eirikrautha

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 19:14:
Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 19:08:
And what's wrong with that? It's a joke. Lighten the fuck up already. People losing their jobs simply because they say something that someone else finds offensive? That's fucking insane! That's PC bullshit out of control. That's downright Orwellian. What next? Re-education camps and torture until people think "correctly"? Doubleplus good, comrade!

So you'd be cool if your boss started hitting on your girlfriend "as a joke"? I mean its just a joke right? Can't you take a joke? Loosen up, man. I'd hate for your lack of humor and poor culture fit to have to come up in your next performance review.

(This response is based upon one of the incidents described in the articles on Riot's work culture. If you guys would want to work in such an environment, be my guest, but I sure as fuck wouldn't.)

I'd expect my girlfriend to come right back at him with another "joke" that wrecked him. But then again (before I married one), I tended to date strong, independent women who can stand up for themselves and don't need a soyboi savior to save them. Maybe you should try it sometime...

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
7. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 19:17 Eirikrautha

Kiss Riot goodbye.

Best case scenario, they swing the pendulum to the opposite extreme, hire a bunch of dead weight interested in "driv[ing] change and fight[ing] for what’s right" (as opposed to making good games), leading to a slow decline followed by closure. Get woke, go broke.

If they were smart, they would have doubled-down. That's what their critics always do when they are exposed as vile hypocrites. Honestly, outside of the click-bait media outlets who make this crap their priority, who even remembers the Kotaku article today? If they'd have hunkered down, the storm would have blown over. Instead, they've thrown social justice chum in the water. Their critics will redouble their attacks (because it worked the first time), and they've alienated anyone who would stick with them because the stuck to their guns.

Bye, bye, Riot...

News Comments > Starflight 3 Crowdfunding
10. Re: Starflight 3 Crowdfunding Aug 29, 2018, 16:23 Eirikrautha

Excited for the possibility of Starflight 3. Will probably buy it on the day it is released. But I won't Kickstart it (and I've kickstarted many games). Fig is cancer.  

News Comments > Devil's Hunt Video
1. Re: Devil's Hunt Video Aug 27, 2018, 21:49 Eirikrautha

So, a fisticuffs Shadow of Mordor in Hell? This looks way more boring than the concept sounds. Into the "console trash" bin it goes...  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant in November
3. Re: Underworld Ascendant in November Aug 20, 2018, 16:41 Eirikrautha

The animations look really janky in this trailer. Could be fun, could be trash. Will wait and see...  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics in October
3. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics in October Aug 20, 2018, 12:37 Eirikrautha

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 12:00:
Well, I'm somewhat interested, but so many Warhammer/Warhammer 40k games turn out to be utter shit, so let's wait and see.

This. Thumbsup

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
61. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 19:52 Eirikrautha

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 09:42:
A motion to dismiss is solely about procedure, not merit. So reading anything into this at all is pointless. CIG could only win by filing it, there is literally nothing to lose. Anything GRANTED is positive, anything DENIED is neutral. This isn't about who is right, this is about whether it's even possible Crytek is right.

Totally incorrect. A motion to dismiss can be upheld based on the judge's finding that there is no basis in law or there is not enough evidence (based on the limited amount presented in the initial hearing) to support a finding in the favor of the plaintiff if the case were brought to trial. The judge will assume that all the facts presented by the plaintiff are true, and if it would not be enough to find for them, the motion to dismiss will be granted.

By refusing to dismiss, the judge has found that, if the plaintiff's facts are established at trial, there is a substantial likelihood that the plaintiff will prevail. So you can read into this that the judge is saying that, if what Crytek claims happened actually happened, then the case may favor them. The key is what facts are established at trial to determine this.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
56. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 19:24 Eirikrautha

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 15:03:
Derek has proven himself utterly untrustworthy and unobjective.

Please. You have the gall to post this after suggesting a legal analysis by YouTuber Law (a known SC fanboi)? The only person I can see who is blinded by their bias here is you...

News Comments > Super Seducer 2
2. Re: Super Seducer 2 Aug 15, 2018, 11:32 Eirikrautha

This game (like the first) is nothing but outrage bait. It depends on people getting upset, flooding the press with denouncements, and then influencing curious people to buy it. Just ignore it and it'll go away...  

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Adds Adam Baldwin
2. Re: Star Control: Origins Adds Adam Baldwin Aug 14, 2018, 22:17 Eirikrautha

Cool. Gotta love adding the Hero of Canton to the mix...  

News Comments > Strange Brigade Trailer
2. Re: Strange Brigade Trailer Aug 14, 2018, 22:15 Eirikrautha

Ima wait on reviews, but I must admit to being interested. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen flavor is pretty cool, so long as it carries over to the actual play and doesn't devolve into a simple shooter.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Aug 14, 2018, 22:07 Eirikrautha

Sees story on pedophiles in the BBC - It's a good thing the Brits are finally getting their house in order. Thank God they can put a stop to this stuff!

Sees story on Asian rape gangs - Well, finally the impulse to cover this up is breaking and justice is being served. And we know this is a criminal issue, not an ethnic one. Let's no tar those who don't deserve it.

Sees U.K. Sales Charts - Britain is lost. Might as well sink the island, because there's no hope for them.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 14, 2018, 21:52 Eirikrautha

Prez wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 12:18:
Again I have to ask, who cares? Either the groups are just set up as troll fodder, which means people who get their panties in a twist over it are giving them their desired outcome, or they are genuinely gross people who believe in bigotry and hatred, in which case they are are conveniently lumped together in their little groups for easy identification by normal people. I just don't see the problem. Why does everyone need the thought police to keep them safe? I know, I know, privileged white guy, so my opinion doesn't matter. Rolleyes

"Puritanism - the haunting fear that someone, somewhere might be happy." -- H. L. Mencken

Once upon a time the authoritarians among us were satisfied with telling us what we could and couldn't do. The new authoritarians are now unsatisfied with anything less than dictating what you can or cannot think...

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 14, 2018, 21:49 Eirikrautha

Squirmer wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 18:23:
It matters because if hate groups are allowed to exist, they recruit more people. No one's born bigoted and hateful, they learn it and they get taken in. It happened to basically an entire country not that long ago...

Wrong. Modern science says the opposite. While tabula rasa was a marvelous 18th century fantasy, it is contradicted by everything cognitive studies have shown in the late 20th and early 21st century. Babies are evolutionarily predisposed to categorize into ingroups and outgroups from a very young age. Racial harmony is a product of culture, not humanity reverting to it's natural inclinations. People are born hateful and bigoted; they must be taught tolerance.

The most amusing part of this is that the whole "tolerance" movement today is nothing more than an attempt to form an acceptable outgroup. The exhortations of "punch a nazi" (with "nazi" defined as anyone who disagrees with me) is nothing more than an attempt to signal ingroup membership in a certain culture with an associated attempt to polarize opponents as an outgroup. Those who mouth "tolerance" the most are actively engaged in creating the least amount of tolerance possible. And yet they pat themselves on the back for being so virtuously members of their self-created ingroup.

The more humans attempt to transcend their nature, the more they plunge to its depths...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2018, 14:11 Eirikrautha

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 12:52:
Admittedly I really don't like superhero movies all that much, but I do watch all the Marvel ones now as they are super good. I could care less about anything DC, really. But, why is there such a backlash over this woman? She was good in the XXX movie and John Wick. She's good looking. Was Batwoman a different skin color or something? I mean, wtf?

Edit, read story. So...she comes off as gay, turns out she is gay, and she's...NOT GAY ENOUGH?

PC culture, man. Just, fuck it.

What? I thought the whole point of "acting" was the ability to portray someone you are not. Now, in order to act, you have to be exactly like the person you are portraying?

Twitter may be the greatest collection of stupid the world has ever seen...

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
6. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 13:28 Eirikrautha

Rhett wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:15:
Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous.

They're trying to "stretch" the law (or at least USSC precedent) with a creative interpretation. And they're banking on the fact that most resellers are so small that they aren't willing to litigate the question. It's the epitome of sleazy...

News Comments > Rocket League Language Ban Stats
2. Re: Rocket League Language Ban Stats Aug 9, 2018, 10:38 Eirikrautha

Redmask wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 08:09:
Best $10 I ever spent on Steam, fantastic game.
Agreed. Simple concept with excellent execution and more variability than the concept would suggest.

As per the article though, if you have to ban 520,000 accounts, does this really prove you are beating "toxicity"?

611 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo