78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed
May 2, 2012, 20:10
Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 20:10
May 2, 2012, 20:10

StingingVelvet wrote on May 2, 2012, 03:31:
Slippy wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:57:
I've bought different items for Portal 2 just because it makes my little robot look different...

Then you're the person we're making fun of, not the person we need to hear "it's okay" from.

"There's introverts in gaming, just like in other things."
Well, I'll be damned... you were right.

May 2, 2012, 01:20
Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 01:20
May 2, 2012, 01:20

^Drag0n^ wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:03:
Diablo III...meh.

Torchlight2 FTW.

I liked Torchlight... don't get me wrong.

BUT, Torchlight vs Diablo 3 is like comparing the Batman cartoon to the movie. I would watch the movie way before the cartoon. I like them both, but I would prefer the latter.

Fortunately, like Batman cartoon/movie, I can have both!

*** TL1 WAS a nice time filler though when I had that 'I want D3' feeling kick in... and in the end, I will be happy to buy TL2 also to support that company in making more games that I enjoy

May 2, 2012, 01:07
Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 01:07
May 2, 2012, 01:07

deqer wrote on May 2, 2012, 00:35:
Slippy wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:57:
Also, do you guys really think all the D2 sites that sold items purchased them off of players with all the duping going on??? NO. Yes, Bliz saw an opportunity to make money... but they are also allowing us to participate and reap some of the 'profits' from it.
but that's still not a good enough reason for the entire game to be "online required" for Single Player mode.

We truely do not own what we buy anymore; in this case, a video game called Diablo 3 we do not own.

The "online requirement" is to track/own you.

The "for security reasons" is just the positive bullshit we're being fed.
OK... but I didn't say the AH justified the 'always online requirements'. I understand the concerns with the DRM (or whatever the hell it's acronym is)... but it is what it is. My opinion is, if it bothers someone that much... don't buy the game. Personally, I plan to buy it. If Blizzard goes belly up in two years and there are no servers to play on... who cares, I'll move on to the next thing. I've spent more at a bar in one night than $60.00 and I didn't get to own anything from that little spending spree either... LOL.

May 1, 2012, 23:15
Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:15
May 1, 2012, 23:15

My first example was Portal 2... last I checked I paid for the game and it wasn't an MMO.

Team Fortress 2...
Orcs Must Die...
Crazy Machines...
Civ 5...

YES... It's apples to apples.

I used DDO as an example of what could be worse.

May 1, 2012, 22:57
Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:57
May 1, 2012, 22:57

You guys need to put this in perspective... this is really no different than purchasing DLC for a game you enjoy. I've bought different items for Portal 2 just because it makes my little robot look different... at least the AH has some impact on your game play.

Also, do you guys really think all the D2 sites that sold items purchased them off of players with all the duping going on??? NO. Yes, Bliz saw an opportunity to make money... but they are also allowing us to participate and reap some of the 'profits' from it.

I think used correctly, it will be an excellent addition to the game. Ignoring the gold trading, even if you just post items to sell and you sell one occasionally at a very low price... eventually, you might wrack up a few bucks and be able to buy something you want with no real out of pocket expense.

Besides, it's totally optional. It could be a lot worse, what if you reached 15th level and then suddenly you have to pay $20.00 to access the next 15 levels (ala. Dungeons and Dragons Online). There are definately worse scenarios...

Just my opinion of course...

**** EDIT: I DON'T think anyone will make big bucks farming items... if they do, it will be few and far between and would have to be one of two types:
1. Groups of players that are on the game all the time.
2. Resellers; purchase items and sell them for more.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 23:09.

Re: Diablo III Launch Events
Apr 28, 2012, 15:34
Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 28, 2012, 15:34
Apr 28, 2012, 15:34

peteham wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 07:52:
MrBone wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 21:13:
D3 is pretty much the worst game Blizzard has produced thus far. The demo was so boring I was shocked. At least we will have Torchlight 2.
Which demo would that be?

LMAO! Exactly!

Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
Apr 27, 2012, 10:35
Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 27, 2012, 10:35
Apr 27, 2012, 10:35

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 01:18:
meh, don't need to RATIONALIZE anything. I have a sizeable group of friends that are getting it that I enjoy playing with. I don't want to play later pubbin'. I already said I hvae 3 days off. Should be able to get through it at least once and then go from there. What I don't need to do is stand around for 250 posts and argue why people SHOULDN"T buy it. Why the F are those who are against a game so argumentative against it for such detailed and BS posts. Let it go. Geez.

Even if I don't play it again for a while, I can pick it up like I do D2 and play later. Who cares.

Its as though you can say it is your birthday around here, and 5 people will jump on you and argue that it isn't.
Couldn't agree with you more Batman... and I'll be damn happy if I run into you on bnet when D3 goes live (hell, I might even see you in single-player mode LMAO)!

You hit the nail on the head with your last statement there which is what gets aggravating about now a-days when discussing PC gaming. I totally understand everyone having their own opinion on how they would like to see things in a game and I respect that… I just wish everyone else would have the same level or respect for others opinions…

Apr 26, 2012, 19:54
Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 19:54
Apr 26, 2012, 19:54

Flatline wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:10:
Wait... you're a dipshit who can't use a proper analogy and you're calling me anal?

Whatever dude...

And also... *what* old days? I've been gaming since fucking pong and people have *always* been critical of some aspect of games or another.

So just... stop.

You were critical about Pong? Nevermind, I understand...

Apr 26, 2012, 12:32
Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 12:32
Apr 26, 2012, 12:32

Flatline wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 00:28:
Bad analogy because there's an Olympic committee who picks what city the Olympics will be going to, and if there's a two lane road going to the olympic grounds when there needs to be 8, the committee says "you only get to host the olympics if you do X, Y, and Z".

It's not unusual for a city to lose their asses getting ready for the Olympics.

To translate this into video games, the D3 launch would have to fizzle because everyone was pissed that Blizzard couldn't handle the load and thus went elsewhere to game.

Which is about as likely to happen as the sun rising in the west.
LMFAO! You didn't...

Um, OK yeah, you're right and it doesn't involve the Department of Transportation, asphalt, and Yellow Non-Lead Based Paint either... It was an analogy... I should have known not to use analogies here... because it starts with 'ANAL'.

AND …don't even get me started on the lead based paint... I like to see those lines when it is raining outside and who the hell is going to let their kid lick the paint on the road anyway! You can blame the damn eco-hippies for that one…

I miss the old days when people would actually talk about a game instead of just whining and complaining about everything that is not perfect in the world and how everyone else’s ideas are always better... and how OBVIOUSLY because Product X was designed by said company that makes money it must be evil and must be taught a lesson...
sheesh... what a waste.

Blizzard is awesome… they make games I enjoy; at prices I am willing to pay based on my income. They not only make money but bring in a profit so that they can make more games that I will like which makes me happy. If it didn’t, I live in a capitalism based society (for the time being anyways and thank God for that), if I end up not liking Blizzard, I have the CHOICE to start liking ‘Running With Scissors’ instead.

Apr 25, 2012, 23:16
Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 25, 2012, 23:16
Apr 25, 2012, 23:16

Alamar wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 22:47:
There's a widely known belief, and even a famous saying, about how you can't always just throw money at a problem to get a solution...

Plus, there's the reality of money... As one person put it; it's not worth it for Blizzard to handle the full influx... They know people are going to put up with it... There will be complaints, raging, etc... Then the demand will settle down, and all the money they saved on hardware/bandwidth they no longer need, will instead go to the CEO : )

-Alamar

Actually, you are some what right... Let's put it in non-negative terms though... The load they will handle on launch will obviously be larger than what they will deal with on a day by day basis (granted). Server hardware and bandwidth at the level they will require is not small change and (from a bandwidth stand-point) will also be limited by what their band-width provider can support (even they have limits). That being said, why would it make sense to basically 'throw away' that amount of cash when what they purchase will not even be needed in a week or two after launch because the spike will fall?

They obviously have a very good estimate on what they will need but any successful company is successful because they DONT just throw money around. A knee jerk reaction to handle that first two weeks by doubling your hardware and bandwidth could be fatal to the projects profitability. This would then, in turn, impact future support, content, quality, etc...

What everyone is suggesting here would be the equivilent of a city that is hosting the Olympics putting in eight lane highways to handle the traffic during it when, on any other day, they only need two lanes...

Apr 25, 2012, 19:46
Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 25, 2012, 19:46
Apr 25, 2012, 19:46

Bhruic wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:04:
And as I originally compared it, you can also solo all the time in WoW and in effect play it as a singleplayer game, but it still isn't that. D3 was designed as multiplayer only, the developers even said so when the internet thing came out. I believe the quote was something like "playing this by yourself is playing it wrong."

Sure, and why your analogy is wrong has already been pointed out to you repeatedly. On the off-chance you'll actually read it this time, I'll point it out again:

You can try and play WoW solo, but you can't actually do it. You're in an open, persistent world, with other people running around impacting the world. Sure, you can avoid interacting with them, but they are interacting with the same world you are, meaning that even with avoidance, you are still in a multiplayer environment.

The same is not true of D3. If you make a private game, it's private. No other player can join you. You aren't sharing a world with anyone else. It is, in all sense of the word, a purely singleplayer experience.

As for developers saying things, I'd simply point out that the developers of Mass Effect 3 told us how the ending was going to be based on the choices that players had made in the game. In other words, developers can be wrong.

I agree with Bhruic on this... only for this one simple humorous fact... Sex = Multiplayer Masturbation but doesn't make it OK.

Apr 25, 2012, 11:47
Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 25, 2012, 11:47
Apr 25, 2012, 11:47

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:51:
The online requirement doesn't affect the nature of gameplay. The singleplayer component is no different in D3 than it is in D2.

Sure it does, if my ISP or the Blizz servers go down, or Blizz Servers have performance issues, I can't play or my playing experience sucks. That's a HUGE difference.

D1 and D2 BOTH had dedicated OFFLINE Single Player modes (as well LAN and B.NET). The ONLY reason why D3 is online only is because of this stupid AH that Blizz will make money on.

Am I missing something? Last I saw, Blizzard was not going to make anything on AH transactions... Are you assuming this or was it stated somewhere?

Apr 24, 2012, 23:01
Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 24, 2012, 23:01
Apr 24, 2012, 23:01

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 14:18:
Not to defend this game because I dislike the genre (click click loot) and hate the online requirement, but...

1) Moderators know nothing.

2) What is in the box is completely irrelevant now-a-days, especially for a game like this.

1. I meant Community Manager (ala. Krowen) so I disagree with you. They are given enough information to keep the community informed (that's their job). Sure I can understand companies not wanting to feed ALL the info to that positon but in this case, I find no reason that they would speak anything other than what's actually happening.

2. This I agree with... I forgot the whole online patching/updating, etc. It's not unusual now a days to purcahse a game 'zero-day' or even 'zero-hour', install it and find that the brand new shiney game you just purchased updates online before you ever get in the game for the first time... it's a good thing I supppose. As non-game developer, you can never have enough updates!

*** I admit, I'm personally a big fan of D3 especially, after the open beta. I am also a huge fan of D1 and D2 but, after Monday I loaded up D2 to play and after about an hour found myself wanting to play D3 instead... maybe I'm part of Blizzard's target group

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2012, 23:12.

Apr 23, 2012, 11:26
Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 23, 2012, 11:26
Apr 23, 2012, 11:26

sigh... From the official D3 website forum by a Moderator:

"This is an open stress testnot a demo and certainly not a finished product. You may experience a number of issues and errors, but this is exactly what helps us to prepare for the smoothest launch possible on May 15"

nuff said... LOL

I'd hate to be the company responsible for the boxed game manufacturing... not a lot of time to tie up loose ends, go gold, hit production, package and ship in time for shelf release on May 15th. Damn they must have stream-lined the hell out of their manufacturing vendors.

Apr 22, 2012, 23:55
Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 22, 2012, 23:55
Apr 22, 2012, 23:55

Trying to wade through the constructive comments vs the personal attacks here...

As I stated before... I'm a big fan after the Open Beta. BUT, I did tend to agree with the skill system complaints at first. I say at first because I am starting to notice what the developers were doing... Without boring everyone with my thoughts on it, I can sum it up with the change to the Town Portal.

I saw no reason to have this as a character power instead of a scroll.. until I realized there was a 'casting time'. This means no more opening portals BEFORE the big battle or in an instant before you die. It actually changes the game mechanic... and I actually have started LIKING it.

If some of you guys out there haven't played multi-player, do. It's even better IMHO. Also, realize there's still more that we haven't seen... example: GEMS. I assume they will still be using them (although maybe differently) because there was an option to filter the auction house on GEMS.

I think there is more yet to see and experience even than what we've seen in the Beta.

On the server stress test... I develop operations applications on the side (not a complicated as game programming but still in a similar field)... Nothing in programming EVER goes as planned. Don't assume that the stress test was just to determine how many servers/memory/bandwidth they will need. There is also well over a million different hardware configs out there that they have to make sure work with their code... Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to realize there is way more behind application development than you may realize.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2012, 00:02.

Apr 22, 2012, 00:11
Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 22, 2012, 00:11
Apr 22, 2012, 00:11

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 21:52:
I can't scroll in to look at my character in a 3D game? Jeez, even Torchlight had this with 1/200th of the budget.

It is a button push....don't remember what it was. I was doing the button mash test on the game to see what everything does....
Right you are... default is key 'Z' (for ZOOM!).

Just finished a couple hours of play with the step-son... fun as hell. Anyone that loved D2 should love D3. Same type of deal with improved graphics and mechanics... I'm looking forward to the full release more than ever now! Blizzard definately did NOT let me down! I think some people are placing unrealistic expectations on this game. Even in Beta I am very impressed!

*** Had to edit to add this (after reading a few other posts). Several of you are posting about the disconnects from the server(s) and are unhappy about it... ARE YOU SERIOUS? IT'S A STRESS TEST. They are giving us a chance to try their game FOR FREE BEFORE IT'S RELEASED. We should be greatful to have the chance and you should EXPECT connection issues in a stress test otherwise they're not doing their job... Am I the only one that sees it this way???????

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2012, 00:28.

Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer
Apr 17, 2012, 23:05
Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 23:05
Apr 17, 2012, 23:05

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 21:22:
Yeah, but we won't be buying the game because of the online DRM but we still wanted to try it out.

This has got to be one of the funniest statements I have ever read on this...

After all the complaining and bitching... "um... but... we still wanted to try it out."

You joined the anti-d3 band wagon... suffer.

Re: Diablo III May 15th
Apr 6, 2012, 18:10
Re: Diablo III May 15th Apr 6, 2012, 18:10
Apr 6, 2012, 18:10

Two copies coming up... along with two long awaited PC upgrades... I could care less about the FML, DRM, LOL, VD, MIA, CDC or any other acronyms you guys are throwing around... I just want to PLAY...
78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older