Descending
Limit Results:

259 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older

Re: Tour de France 2021 and Pro Cycling Manager 21 Roll Out
Jun 3, 2021, 23:06
Re: Tour de France 2021 and Pro Cycling Manager 21 Roll Out Jun 3, 2021, 23:06
Jun 3, 2021, 23:06

Dang, I was hoping this was the version that allowed unlimited performance enhancing drugs! I was totally going to make Bane the Biker! He might only live until he's 25, but my god is he going to beat every bike record!

Re: Get Frostpunk for Free
Jun 3, 2021, 23:03
Re: Get Frostpunk for Free Jun 3, 2021, 23:03
Jun 3, 2021, 23:03

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 3, 2021, 21:52:
I would absolutely recommend this game. The soundtrack is amazing and if you like bleak, post-apocalyptic settings, this will be right up your alley.

Thanks! I pick up all of these free games, and I never play any of them. Good to know I should!

Re: Morning Mobilization
May 26, 2021, 15:45
Re: Morning Mobilization May 26, 2021, 15:45
May 26, 2021, 15:45

RedEye9 wrote on May 26, 2021, 11:24:
Damn, that's a huge increase in wattage. How thick are those new cables going to be.
Can someone explain to me how a USB-C connector (not the USB-C standard) is more better than USB Micro-B.

I also just saw a cross section of a USB C cable for the first time a few weeks ago and I was blown away! It has eight high voltage wires that can do up to 3 amps at 20V, an entire set of legacy USB2.0 pins, pins for display port over USB C, and the 8 pins for high speed USB data. I had no idea a thin 1/2" or thinner $10 cable was so impressively engineered!

[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=cross+section+of+usb+c+cable&sxsrf=ALeKk03PWBP7O9fp8q2mfwbAC6uttLWOig:1622058043770&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=BCbtfGeVRTLK_M%252CR__Qm6SkflFMkM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSW7-BPvXrN4oTlOpW9DqMP94TCyw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiMvIOMjejwAhVJV80KHWupDigQ9QF6BAgDEAE#imgrc=h1tQAtIJSHtMKM
]Pics of it[/url]

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Apr 30, 2021, 13:33
Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2021, 13:33
Apr 30, 2021, 13:33

jdreyer wrote on Apr 30, 2021, 12:52:
Isn't there a way to hack around the FB requirement for the original?

Does anyone know if you could just make a new fake Facebook profile that's just used for the Oculus?

Re: Evil Genius 2 Cabal Pack Released
Apr 29, 2021, 16:12
Re: Evil Genius 2 Cabal Pack Released Apr 29, 2021, 16:12
Apr 29, 2021, 16:12

Yikes, paid DLC being released less than 30 days after the base game!?

I absolutely loved the first one from way back in the day, but I've heard this is basically a direct port with nothing new at all.

Re: Avorion 2.0 Details
Mar 9, 2021, 12:43
Re: Avorion 2.0 Details Mar 9, 2021, 12:43
Mar 9, 2021, 12:43

Glad to see this! Avorion is an incredible game if you like starting from scratch, mining super slowly, and becoming increasingly more powerful as you keep adding onto your ship and can eventually have fleets of fighters and dozens of turrets ripping apart asteroids in seconds. I'm terrible at making the ships look good, so I always flew a cube, or if I was feeling fancy - a long rectangle... I've heard the newer versions now have a whole economy - ala X3 style, which sounds pretty great too.

Re: Steam Top 10
Mar 8, 2021, 11:21
Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 8, 2021, 11:21
Mar 8, 2021, 11:21

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 8, 2021, 00:09:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2021, 21:30:
I'm getting super tempted to pick up Valheim. Just finished Creaks and it was excellent.

Hopefully you enjoy it more than I did, if you do. I'm finding Valheim to be sorta boring. The building isn't bad, but running around collecting resources is mind numbing. The combat is... overrated, in my opinion. Maybe it's much better with coop, but I was leveling up my guy solo, since everybody else is already level 9000, and their worlds overall are far more difficult. Also, difficulty is effectively gated by gathered resources, to upgrade your gear to unlock the next zone.

Maybe I'll go back to it after the official release, but I doubt it.

Same with me... I love that genre, but only got 6 hours in and just don't have any motivation to keep playing. I can see that it probably is much more fun in co-op.

Re: Out of the Blue
Jan 2, 2021, 22:17
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2021, 22:17
Jan 2, 2021, 22:17

Blue, can you share which binoculars you went with? I've had a pair of 8x42 Bushnells that my father gave me 25+ years ago. I think they are good, and I understand they are supposed to be 8x magnification, but I really don't feel like they make things 8x closer. Maybe twice as close.

I have a pond about 300 feet from my house, and it always gets big birds that visit. I'd love to be able to watch them closer. I'm wondering if I don't understand what the 8 means, or if I need something much stronger on a tripod.

Re: Fortnite Performance Mode Alpha Tomorrow
Dec 14, 2020, 23:30
Re: Fortnite Performance Mode Alpha Tomorrow Dec 14, 2020, 23:30
Dec 14, 2020, 23:30

I know everyone loves to hate on Fornite, but it has been an incredibly way for my 8 year old to still connect to his friends that we would typically see at school or play dates this year, when he can't see them in person. They play different creative modes that seem to be able to mimic any other game; basically making Fortnite like our generation's Garry's Mod.

I personally don't like battle royal games in general because I feel like I'm resetting my progress every time. But I'm thankful that Fortnite exists, and it seems like it has done a great job at appealing to a LOT of people. So if this update makes it accessible to more people, I applaud them.

Re: Ubisoft Holiday Giveaways This Week
Dec 14, 2020, 23:20
Re: Ubisoft Holiday Giveaways This Week Dec 14, 2020, 23:20
Dec 14, 2020, 23:20

MattyC wrote on Dec 14, 2020, 22:39:
If you like anything EA, EA pass for PC is also going to be included in XGP starting tomorrow.

Any recommendations on what might be good to try out?

Re: Dauntless Reforged Released
Dec 3, 2020, 22:52
Re: Dauntless Reforged Released Dec 3, 2020, 22:52
Dec 3, 2020, 22:52

I haven't played this expansion, and I haven't played in about nine months. But I'd highly recommend this game to folks who like the idea of the Monster Hunter games but are put off by the super long idle times in between fights. It is a free game, so you shouldn't expect a thousand hours of entertainment. But it is a great game to log in, get into a monster battle in under five minutes, and the whole round takes less than 15 minutes. You are highly rewarded for knowing weapon combos and how the boss attacks.

I need to try the latest Monster Hunter again, but I remember I got into a battle where the boss kept fleeing, and I'd spend 30 minutes hunting him down, while trying not to get eaten by the T-rex. I spent two hours trying to get him, and he just kept fleeing. So I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental, but Dauntless is really fun for mindless boss smashing.

Re: Get Elite Dangerous and The World Next Door for Free
Nov 19, 2020, 23:47
Re: Get Elite Dangerous and The World Next Door for Free Nov 19, 2020, 23:47
Nov 19, 2020, 23:47

fakespyder wrote on Nov 19, 2020, 22:42:
Elite Dangerous in vr is supposed to be pretty impressive. One day when I get the equipment, I look forward to firing this up. Hope the game servers are still running by then... It is a shame there's no offline mode.

Elite is absolutely the best VR experience I've ever had! One thing that really blew my mind was there are a few of the most common HOTAS (hands on stick and throttle) controllers programmed into the game, and if you have one of those you look down at your virtual hands and they are sitting on the exact controllers that you are holding in the real world. If your thumb in the real world reaches up and presses the missile button, your virtual avatar does at the same time. Even though it doesn't use the motion controllers it adds SO much to the experience. I also get horribly motion sick in VR games where you are moving, so being seated in a flight cockpit doesn't have those issues.

Being in a heated dogfight while in VR is incredible. As the enemy ship zips past you, you naturally pivot your head and look over your shoulder, and there the ship is! The response rate of head movement in VR headsets is also incredible, there's just no delay when you move your head!

Now the bad - I tried it on a Rift Beta2 (I can't recall the exact name), and the text was so low resolution I could not read anything, no matter what color I modded the text to be. I then bought my own Rift CR1, the first one, and it was marginally better, but it was very impression-breaking to just barely be able to read the text. There's also the problem that there's not a ton to do in Elite. The mining and trading part of the game is very relaxing, but you really need something else to do, like watch Netflix, while doing it.

I'd say if you can borrow someone's Rift CR1 or newer AND a hotas controller like the X52; Elite will blow your mind with the possibilities of VR. Unfortunately, I haven't turned on my Rift in four years.

Re: Evil Genius 2 Video
Jun 13, 2020, 22:22
Re: Evil Genius 2 Video Jun 13, 2020, 22:22
Jun 13, 2020, 22:22

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 13, 2020, 21:34:
I am truly looking forward to this as I tremendously enjoyed the first one and it was such an underrated gem.

Totally agree! My favorite part was making the front part of my base totally normal and not unusual, with a hallway of traps leading to the secret part of my base. So the super heroes would come investigate, and get the snot kicked out of them, and never see anything wrong; unless a minion opened the door at the wrong time.

Then I remember in a different part I would make a square of fans that would push the good guys around in a circle while flaming them over and over. Good fun!

Re: Get Overcooked for Free
Jun 4, 2020, 23:36
Re: Get Overcooked for Free Jun 4, 2020, 23:36
Jun 4, 2020, 23:36

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 4, 2020, 20:09:
So, have you played it in the last 11 months? Care to give a brief review/rating?

I bought it for my office and at lunch we have played it at lunch. It's super fun local co-op. There's two ways to approach it... If you can work together a bit you will get 1-2 stars and complete the levels. If you can make a plan and execute on that plan, then you get three stars and you feel like you are amazing, even though you only just beat a level of a computer game.

It's boring/almost impossible solo. But it's fantastic with 2-4 people!

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-Vealed
Jun 4, 2020, 11:58
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-Vealed Jun 4, 2020, 11:58
Jun 4, 2020, 11:58

El Pit wrote on Jun 4, 2020, 11:50:
I played the original game - now you can stone me, if you want - and liked it.
OUCH!
Who threw that rock?!

I loved it too! The idea that you can combine any of the classes and they are all viable is pretty awesome.

Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free
May 28, 2020, 21:29
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 21:29
May 28, 2020, 21:29

HorrorScope wrote on May 28, 2020, 12:41:
DrSquick wrote on May 28, 2020, 11:47:
So I've tried Borderlands 2 several times, and I get 10 hours or so into the story and it never seems to open up and I get stuck in some snowy area. I thought I've heard that at some point it becomes more like an ARPG where you grind for better loot. I've seen people with thousands of hours into it. Is there a different mode or do people just do the storyline over and over?

The story is way better than the typical ARPG. It has a story! It is well delivered as you play with good characters and voice acting. Is it some shakesperean feat? No. But a pretty good comedic one.

Yes you replay the story over and over for better loot, that is typical of ARPG's.

What are you expecting of this genre? What other ARPG's are doing something radically different? If it all ended at the end of the story, then the quest for more loot ends, game over, people complain.

And finally, yes there are people that don't like it and you can find someone else to agree with you, like any game ever. It is a widely respected and successful game. I have yet to try BL3.

I'm not entirely sure, but one thing that Diablo 3 does well is Adventure Mode. Which is a daily set of somewhat randomized quests in different areas. So every day you are going to different areas. I absolutely love the randomized loot with different attributes of games like BL and basically all ARPGs.

I'll try it again, because in theory BL should be one of my favorite games. I love randomized loot and shooters.

Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free
May 28, 2020, 11:47
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 11:47
May 28, 2020, 11:47

So I've tried Borderlands 2 several times, and I get 10 hours or so into the story and it never seems to open up and I get stuck in some snowy area. I thought I've heard that at some point it becomes more like an ARPG where you grind for better loot. I've seen people with thousands of hours into it. Is there a different mode or do people just do the storyline over and over?

Re: Get Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition for Free
Apr 14, 2020, 21:49
Re: Get Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition for Free Apr 14, 2020, 21:49
Apr 14, 2020, 21:49

Can anyone comment on how this holds up after all this time? I've never played any of the AC games.

Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Early Access
Mar 30, 2020, 10:43
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Early Access Mar 30, 2020, 10:43
Mar 30, 2020, 10:43

Beamer wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 10:19:
I had a blast with the original. I don't think I ever made it to end-game, but I definitely had an army of hundreds following me around conquering much of the lands. I think, close to end-game, either I stalled or the game did, and progress slowed to nothing despite fighting staying the same.

Was one of my favorites for the year.

I'm more hesitant about this. The original was super wonky, but that was endearing. There were bugs. Logic was completely nil, making some battles feel out of Monty Python. Or, maybe, it felt like a 90s EA NHL game - you just keep doing the same move, and the AI keeps falling for it, and if you mess up it's not that you were outsmarted, but you simply messed up. The arena fights, in particular, seemed to be mostly me running away like a lunatic until I got the right weapon, then turning around and slaughtering everyone (or something, it's been a while, but I seem to remember spending much of my time in those fleeing, yet also seem to remember them generally being very easy.)

This seems to me too polished, with too good graphics, and a lot added in that could detract from the core gameplay I loved.

Or maybe it's perfect. Let the reviews roll in (but I'd probably wait till it leaves EA.)

Same - I played hundreds of hours of Warband. The different types of combat were pretty great. Open field, defending a castle, attacking a castle, village missions, tournaments.

But I got burned so bad with X:Rebirth... I was waiting for the next X game for years, and I took a week of vacation off to play it. And it was a steaming pile of dooku. So I'm going to need to wait to see what people say after the initial glow has worn off.

Warband definitely has the graphics quality of a furry turd, but the gameplay holds up great! If you are an archer, you start with pretty terrible aim, but within 20-30 hours you are a crazy marksman that can put legolas to shame.

Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month
Mar 19, 2020, 15:16
Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 19, 2020, 15:16
Mar 19, 2020, 15:16

Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 12:05:
Slashman wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 11:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 10:22:
I wonder how Egosoft feels.. now that Avorion is out..and is just vastly superior in every way aside graphics....

Just fine. I'm sure Avorion is a great game but modular ship building was never what X was about.

If you look at the changelogs for 3.0 you can see they are huge? This will be a massive update of the base game and (just my opinion) make X4 one of the most solid space games on the market. It did take awhile to get there though.

Would that be a good time to finally pull the trigger on this? I've been watching and waiting for it to finally be ready enough to buy.

I put 500+ hours into X3:TC, then another few hundred into a modded version of X3:TC. I bought X:R on release day and of course regretted it. I waited a year before I bought X4, and honestly could not get into it. I have about 8 hours into it. I got to the point where your personal HQ is built, I have a tier2 ship with four guns, which is pretty much invincible now to anyone I have run into. At that point my interest waned.

With the highway you can cruise around the whole galaxy in 60 seconds, so exploring a section does not feel like any sort of accomplishment. The economy does not seem to NEED you like it did in X3. In X3 it felt like the economy was in shambles without you. Satellites couldn't be made because the electronics factory had no material because the mines didn't have energy cells. So you could fill a giant freighter with tons of energy cells that you bought at rock-bottom price and sell for max price at the mine. Then after some time you could get another freighter to do the next step. And after a dozen hours or more you have single-handed fixed the economy of that sector.

Avorion is fantastic! I haven't played in about six months, so I'm not sure if they have added logistics chains. But the ship building, mining, and combat is super fun!
259 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older