Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eric Phillips

Real Name Eric Phillips   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrSquick
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2012, 18:44
Total Comments 175 (Novice)
User ID 57381

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Beta Plans
6. Re: BATTLETECH Beta Plans Dec 1, 2016, 22:33 DrSquick

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 20:11:
If you'd like a look at what this is going to look like, check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

I can't wait to play it...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I was expecting a MechWarrior running the Unreal 5 6 or whatever the latest engine is... Not expecting that :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BATTLETECH Beta Plans
1. Re: BATTLETECH Beta Plans Dec 1, 2016, 19:24 DrSquick

OoooOOooo, was this the company that had those mech pods that would be at gaming conventions that you could pay $20 or so to play a 10 or 15 minute match and the pods would rumble all around? Those were a blast!

I hope this is as good as MechWarrior 2 was in my mind. I loved me a mech that was loaded out with PPCs and would only get one volley before having to cool down!

Are any of the other mech games out there any good these days? Isn't there a free to play one?

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Sells 1M
7. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Sells 1M Nov 24, 2016, 22:09 DrSquick

Wow that's amazing! I did finally jump on the Farming Sim bandwagon when the last one came out. And I actually found it really fun. I would listen to podcasts or watch Let's Plays on the other monitor while calmly farming.

They also are heavily modded, and one of the mods lets you build fairly advance AIs that will drive along paths you set out and do stuff like pick up grain that you shovel into them, or seed fields and such.

It's 100% a simulator though. It is a 1 out of 100 on the intensity scale. So it's best for people that want a very low key game where they can just kick back and relax.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2016, 11:59 DrSquick

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:43:
I have a large hunch that they're announcing Diablo 4. Admittedly that's based purely on a tweet from the official account the other week that asked what was your favourite part of D3 using the ThrowbackThursday tag - referring to D3 as well and truly in the past, and not a current game. But hey, that's what I'm going with.

It's going to be a mobile free to play game!

"Identifying this item requires a scroll of identify. Ask your Facebook friends for a scroll of identify or spend a gem to quickly identify it!"

>shivers

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2016, 10:25 DrSquick

Minor Miner

A jailbait simulator.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2016, 22:19 DrSquick

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 22:09:
This is the best first person melee combat game of all time.

Absolutely! It is super easy to get into, but can get fairly complex with different blows and blocks. Incredibly fun game!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2016, 19:56 DrSquick

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 19:48:
I own two but not Hearthfire. Does anyone own it? After several playthroughs at close to 500 hours invested in Skyrim I don't think I've got another playthrough left in me.

That's the one that you can make your own house right? If so, I absolutely LOVED it! I never really liked the houses that you could buy in towns because they never felt like something I made, but with Hearthstone you can buy a blank slate of land, and then build every room, and every upgrade yourself. I had a greenhouse with tons of planters off the side, an alchemy tower with growing herbs, and outside I had my blacksmithing stuff.

I recall a time that I was outside melting down all the random garbage I picked up (a mod), when a group of bandits showed up and tried to attack me. My house carl came running out and helped me beat them to a pulp!

If you enjoy house building at all, definitely get it.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 22:04 DrSquick

Congrats Blue! This is definitely the first site I remember visiting on dial-up, and it is still the only site I visit 100% of days. I love both the gaming info and the techy info.

I really hope this site provides plenty of money to let you live a comfortable life, and that you still enjoy doing it. It is absolutely the most important website to me!

News Comments > More Overwatch Sombra Hints?
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 22:02 DrSquick

I bet the character was just in the early design phases when some marketing person decided to do this. Because look at Ana - they went from hint, to video, to PTR, to release in 2-3 weeks... I bet some programmers are really mad that now they have to rush an unfinished character out.

I really am loving Overwatch though... It's been a LONG time since I've put more than a hundred hours into a game, and Overwatch has been my exclusive game since release, and I'm not a super competitive person; I usually like solo Minecraft with mods, or other base building games, so kinda fun rekindling the TF2-release fun.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2016, 22:15 DrSquick

That Dva alt was amazing! What rank are you these days? I got up to 2498 and was SO certain that I would hit plat... And now I'm down to 2200... I'm really bad.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 22:49 DrSquick

Bard wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 22:46:
Saboth wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 20:12:
Game looks great, but I have to wonder if in 2016 they couldn't have come up with a different weapon system from Doom/Duke Nukem/Quake's "Shotgun", "Plasma Gun", "Chainsaw weapon", "Gatling Gun that runs out of ammo way too fast", etc.

Because it's based on the weapons in Warhammer 40K - which predates Doom.

But... It's 20k years in the future right?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 22:47 DrSquick

I tried one of those once... I got 100' of paracord for $0.99 and a pack of sharpies for free. 5 Star, would buy useless crap again.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 10:35 DrSquick

Now installing Minecraft 10, please accept to stop install, press cancel to install immediately.

You pressed accept, thank you, now installing Minecraft 10.

News Comments > Production Line Announced
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 10:18 DrSquick

This looks awesome! I love logistics type games where you set up production lines. I love the challenge of figuring out how to fit all the conveyor belts into an area, and balance the feeding of different parts.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2016, 22:35 DrSquick

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 22:04:
Good for Amazon. I hate UPS with a passion. If that's my only choice for shipping for an online order I'll forgo the order instead. Point in fact, whenever I have to ask a US company about their shipping options I'll tell them that explicitly up front.

Why? I order a billion things online constantly, and I never pay attention to who ships it. They all seem to be the same - about 90% of the time you will get it on time, and about 25% of the time that they do deliver it, it will be damaged/crushed... I haven't noticed one carrier to be better than another.

News Comments > Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month
3. Re: Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month Sep 26, 2016, 11:24 DrSquick

Her beam weapon can also be completely devastating once it is charged up. If you can lock onto someone who is oblivious and get that charged up, the DPS does not decay as soon as you stop firing, so if a few other enemy team members are in the same area you can switch over to them at 120dps, and that kills people so quick they barely notice. I've often got a triple kill because the other team is trying to focus down a tank!

One thought I had is you could have her teleporter have two modes. The first mode is how it is now, and the second mode is a teleporter on her back. So in attack situations, you could allow your team to teleport to your location.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2016, 22:08 DrSquick

Has anyone been having crashing with the driver previous to this? In Overwatch I have been getting a "display driver stopped responding" about once an hour. I monitored GPU temp and it doesn't seem to be high temp, it maxes out at about 80C, but it sometimes crashes as low as 71. I'm hoping this new driver stops it. I'm on a 770.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches
3. Re: Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches Sep 2, 2016, 22:27 DrSquick

ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 21:57:
DrSquick wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 21:17:
I have a ton of respect for these devs!

Then they deserve more than $15 from you.

Maybe, but I've only spent ~50ish hours in it... I am probably not the main "whale" they are looking for that spends thousands of hours on one game. So sorry, $15 is the best I can do

News Comments > Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches
1. Re: Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches Sep 2, 2016, 21:17 DrSquick

I really feel like PoE is the best example of Free to Play done right... Without spending $1 you can have hundreds of hours of fun and never reach a peak. But if you want to horde crap like me and need ten extra bags you can catch them on sale a couple times a year at 25% off. Or if you are the skin/visual effect type, they have pretty awesome ones for $20+, which is crazy to me, but I'm sure some people say the same thing about me buying a ten pack of bags.

I have only bought one pack of ten bags for ~$15, but I come back to PoE every six months or so and have a blast. And to the best of my knowledge they don't have a single "pay to win" aspect.

I have a ton of respect for these devs!

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 20:59 DrSquick

Hump wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 20:46:
is it wrong that I really don't give a shit?

I bought Titanfall 1 on some crazy sale... And haven't launched it once... I'm a terrible person.

175 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo