Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for John Dooley

Real Name John Dooley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonjonz
Email Concealed by request
Description yadda yadda, woof woof
Homepage http://
Signed On March 23, 2012
Supporter -
Total Comments 471 (Amateur)
User ID 57379

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners

9. Re: 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners Mar 20, 2020, 06:45 Jonjonz

These annual industry insider smooze parties are like kiddie birthday party awards ceremonies, there are always enough awards to be able to give one to just about every one there. Bonafide circle jerk.  

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MapleStory 2 Shutting Down

2. Re: MapleStory 2 Shutting Down Mar 20, 2020, 06:36 Jonjonz

When it first came out, the whole isometric anime cutesyness art style turned me off completely, but I was intrigued by the player created outfits economy and played it just to see how that concept would play out.

Other than a few bumps due to outfits that clearly incorporated copyrighted images, I thought that part of the game was a success and something more games should incorporate.

The rest of the game, well, even my interest in the above waned after a few weeks of the tiny "zones", the clunky controls, and the brain dead story line and dialogues.

The rest of the game was so bad I was surprised it lasted this long.

News Comments > Gabe Newell: "We're Way Closer to The Matrix Than People Realize"

14. Re: Gabe Newell: Mar 19, 2020, 07:07 Jonjonz

Existenz (where real world terrorism spreads via games) is more likely than the Matrix.  

News Comments > Into the Black

11. Re: Into the Black Mar 19, 2020, 06:45 Jonjonz

Written by a true believer in authoritarian top down surveillance.

Get a grip, this is not "Contagion", it is not Yellow Fever, it is not the black plague, it a flu that is only slightly more deadly than every other flu we have seen in this lifetime, yet the "put the binders on me as fast as you can" subs of the world see this as their Orwellian wet dream.

The most concrete and productive thing to learn from this is "wet markets" need to go, so there are fewer and more spaced out epidemics.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2020, 06:35 Jonjonz

Yomtobian and Pai, conman and corporate puppet twins, separated at birth.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remastered in June

19. Re: Command & Conquer Remastered in June Mar 11, 2020, 06:42 Jonjonz

Sorry but this looks like it took less effort than the recent joke "remaster" of Warcraft by Activision&Buffons Inc. I have the Origin C&C collection already, I don't need a tepid partial re-skin like this.

May sell to a few rabid multiplayer types wishing for the old days, but I think that online market dried up after the multiplayer for dummies BR games became the de-facto couch potato favorite.

News Comments > Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer

24. Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer Mar 11, 2020, 06:33 Jonjonz

I don't get this. Why is this guy concerned about how this efffects PS fans.
How many PS owners gives a rats behind about platform exclusivity? How is selling more copies of a favorite game bad for current owners on PS?
Kind of the opposite of PC master race buffoonery I guess.

Added to my IsThereAnyDeal wishlist.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse - More Utube Lies Mar 4, 2020, 06:28 Jonjonz

First Zuck, fresh prince of the 1%, said content moderation was beyond their scope, too expansive and trying to do so would put them out of business. Now automagically (had nothing to do with his fresh princeness getting hauled before congress) it is so easy to measure and control they can happily report they have wiped out 40% of the cruft.

What ever you say Govnor.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2020, 07:30 Jonjonz

Health Care Suits, their (Trump vetted) message today:

* Don't buy masks they don't work
* If you don't buy them, then we can still buy them without shortages
* We need them as they magically only work for us
* Health Care lives are more important than yours

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 3, 2020, 07:11 Jonjonz

Do you know anyone who does RC or Drones? They salivate at the mere thought of adding new and more expensive bits and pieces to their kit. Plenty already have installed wifi smart chip gee-gaws for geo-location, video etc.,

I see where the FAA is going with this, the potential for terrorism and crime is just too high with drones.

News Comments > Game Industry Remains Skeptical of Google Stadia

8. Re: Game Industry Remains Skeptical of Google Stadia Mar 3, 2020, 06:59 Jonjonz

Again the greedy game industry suits, blinded by insane profits from milking whales with micro-transactions, hurt themselves.

Do book publishers want to sell books? When Amazon ate brick and mortar bookstores lunch, did book publishers think Amazon was going to pay them extra just to allow their book to be sold via the net?

I guess the game biz really does not want to sell games in volume.
They really have nothing to bargain with and once they realize that they will come back on hands and knees to get their games into online storefronts like Steam, and cloud computing services for games.

I am not a fanboy for Stadia, but cloud computing is inevitable as the US slowly comes up to speed with decent nationwide broadband.

News Comments > The Long Dark Goes Dark on GeForce NOW

26. Re: The Long Dark Goes Dark on GeForce NOW Mar 3, 2020, 06:49 Jonjonz

These game publishers love to shoot themselves in the foot.

Does Microsoft give a crap if you run your enterprise Office license on your local iron or on AWS? I don't think so as long as you have paid for the seat you are using. Does Microsoft give a crap if you install/run your personal one copy of Office on your home box or on a cloud PC, I don't think so.

Game houses are all run by get rich quick VP suits that want to over monetize everything and now think they can finagle some sort of gatekeeper fee from cloud services that include games.

News Comments > PC DEATH STRANDING in June

18. Re: PC DEATH STRANDING in June Mar 3, 2020, 06:36 Jonjonz

Metal Gear Solid V the Phantom Pain was one of the worst story train wrecks ever, and it hits you over the head with about 8 screens with Kozimocker's name on it just to remind you who wrote that bilge.

Pay for more of that kind of hubris piled on top of a turd, nope.

News Comments > Trackmania Returns in May

2. Re: Trackmania Returns in May Feb 29, 2020, 06:31 Jonjonz

Over the years the Trackmania series has given me hours of fun.

I know it is a quibble, but I hope they put a bit more polish and thought into the recorder/editor functions. I found it frustrating that I could build a cool course, pull of some wild jump or stunt but have to struggle with the inept editor UI to create a decent video of it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2020, 07:30 Jonjonz

Youtube can be thanked for decimating a great many fan sites and forums. Why post free information about a popular topic when you can monetize it on Youtube? Aficionados of a topic now produce Youtube videos, stretching each info nugget about their fan topic into at least 15 minutes, all so they can get paid, claim their gaming rig as a tax write off, and achieve some degree of fame.  

News Comments > Into the Black

7. Re: Into the Black Feb 26, 2020, 06:34 Jonjonz

In this age of private companies finagling themselves as middlemen in the distribution of public information and media (legal codes, research reports, public health research papers etc.) good to see one of them has not glomed on to the Smithsonian.  

News Comments > Op Ed

20. Re: Op Ed Feb 25, 2020, 06:43 Jonjonz

Duh, what part of dystopian society run by immortal corporations doesn't this snowflake understand?

It is not satire, it's not supposed to be funny, it is just painting fairly accurately how going to space does not mean instant STNG, utopia.

News Comments > Op Ed

21. Re: Op Ed - Tossy Sweatsoaker Feb 23, 2020, 06:29 Jonjonz

\Number of FF's given = 0

News Comments > Out of the Blue

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2020, 07:21 Jonjonz

Creepy anthropomorphism "stay at home dog mom" territory.

News Comments > etc., etc.

2. Re: etc., etc. - Vampires - Duh Feb 22, 2020, 07:06 Jonjonz

Vampires - duh

The whole 20th century vampire meme has always been based on aristocracy (Count Dracula) bleeding the rest of society, nothing new here, move along.

Another lazy, no research past a quick twitter scan, millennial "journalist" at work.

471 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >