Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Dooley

Real Name John Dooley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonjonz
Email Concealed by request
Description yadda yadda, woof woof
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2012, 12:13
Total Comments 154 (Novice)
User ID 57379

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Announced
13. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Announced Aug 10, 2018, 07:21 Jonjonz

Perfect World, one of the most egregious pay to win MMOs ever.

I shudder to think what they will do to this title.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews - Streaming Aug 8, 2018, 07:27 Jonjonz

Yea right, like my local Spectrum monopoly is ever going to offer speeds like that. They struggle now to have a week without downtime and serious congestion issues.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue - Doctors Die... Aug 5, 2018, 09:06 Jonjonz

A bit of a jump from One factoid by itself (double the average suicide rate) to say the Docs are all stressed beyond human limits.

A related fact is that when faced with their own end of life issues, like heroic measures, prolonging life via breathing machines etc., many doctors refuse such measures.

So I wonder if many doctors facing their own difficult end of life scenarios not only refuse heroic measures, but take the easy way out as well, thus skewing the average suicide rate for doctors.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
35. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 5, 2018, 08:42 Jonjonz

This hucksters continues to show just how clueless his somewhat successful con is:

* He posits that all players either have unlimited free time or unlimited cash.

* The fact is that most players clump around the middle of that plane, with far less cash or free time than the two extreme ends.

So most players are screwed, and skill does not enter into the picture.

He might as well have said the game will be just like most cheesy mobile games, 99% grind with a cash bypass.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse - FIREFOX Jul 31, 2018, 07:37 Jonjonz

Sounds like the suits at Mozilla have taken to vanity projects like this to sink their time into. Execs love this king of thing, there are no brainy engineers to tell them hard facts they can't understand, it is just them and their sycophant marketing droids re-arranging the deck chairs, while the ship goes down.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization - MoviePass Jul 31, 2018, 07:29 Jonjonz

The problem here is MoviePass was just a piker middleman.

Movies as a service, may resurface if the big studios ever grasp what EA is doing with games.

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
37. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 19, 2018, 08:01 Jonjonz

I think this is just a move to further make the game accessible to more morons with at least $30 a month to spend.

I am sure having to buy a box and then buy a subscription was just too inconvenient for many short attention span proles.

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 19, 2018, 07:34 Jonjonz

This money grubber has no qualms when police states like the United Arab Emirates tell him he has to censor out a long list of things they hand him, in return for letting him do business there.

Farcebook won't give up the money from Russia and neither will the Right. Ever since Citizens United we live in the same system as Russia and China, bribery is legal, and representatives can accept them from any multinational korporation, criminal or otherwise.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse - Twitch Jul 17, 2018, 07:39 Jonjonz

The article revealed little we don't already know about streamers.

What I want to know is who watches this dross? Is it little kids, poor kids, trust fund kids, idiots, who?

I just don't get why anyone would choose to watch some one else play a game unless these people are total klutzes and either can't afford it or lack the skills to play.

News Comments > New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down
13. Re: New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down Jul 7, 2018, 07:22 Jonjonz

Gee, Korporations are willing to pay handsomely for accurate data about us, but they go to great lenghts to hide data about them. What does that tell you?  

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
21. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 28, 2018, 07:45 Jonjonz

I had been keeping AO installed with the forlorn hopes that someday Funcom would see the light and a) crackdown on all of the exploiters and b) really start supporting and developing the game.

Last week I came to the conclusion that they will never do that, and instead they will continue to hack out a new version of Conan every few years, so I deleted my AO install and related add-ons.

I just could not see going back ever to a game so riddled with exploits and the resulting insane economy.

It hard to see so many great features lay fallow, twinking before P2W cash shops and no drop items, its an old school MMO term older than some Blue's readers, extremely flexible build system, the trinity, aliens, large scale pvp that worked, player cities, player shops, creepy and fun dungeons.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer
14. Re: Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer Jun 26, 2018, 07:25 Jonjonz

So PVP pretty much precludes mods, eh.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend
6. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jun 23, 2018, 07:33 Jonjonz

I played WOW for about 2 years or so, enjoyed it greatly, and built it up with tons of add-ons.

It would take me more than 2 days to do a fresh install, find and configure all the add-ons I like.

This expansion lacks any compelling new features/content that appeals to me, just sounds meh.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2018, 08:00 Jonjonz

What an utter load.

This fresh bunch of honchos are no Sunday school kiddies. They are the ones shoving 24/7 surveillance of us through what used to be a personal computer, but which they single-handedly turned into an Orwellian spy device.

These snoopers are going to refrain from stealth slurping all the IP they can from Git after they get their mitts on it, yea, sure.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 07:27 Jonjonz

The problem with fascist multinationals buying out businesses that make unique good quality products is that eventually those acquisitions become disposable pawns in the many VPs ruthless efforts advance their careers.  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
61. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 30, 2018, 07:38 Jonjonz

How can this even be copyrighted when it existed in the wild for decades prior, as game variants in all the early multiplayer FPS arena games. Unreal Tournament, Quake, Doom, didn't they all have a last man standing game mode.  

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 8, 2017, 07:31 Jonjonz

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 19:57:
Twitter, now with twice the stupid.

What could possibly go wrong with this scheme?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2017, 07:56 Jonjonz

Why all the hot air about a few more McJobs. Amazon is known for being even worse of an employer than Wallmart, utilizing all kinds of ways to exploit their workforce.

It is amazing what a few beach or mountain dachas handed out to the city council members and key public administration officials will do.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
15. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 21, 2017, 07:48 Jonjonz

That article was nothing more than Korporate Fascist speak for "we would rather sell console multiplayer games to the great unwashed mass media consumer (console players) which is the largest market, than try and sell games to a smaller group of more educated and discerning PC gamers."

Great, leaves the PC gamer market wide open for games like the Witcher to thrive.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Oct 20, 2017, 07:33 Jonjonz

All the better, a more open market for games like the Witcher, Wolfenstien, and Skyrim to laugh all the way to the bank.  

154 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo