Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for John Dooley

Real Name John Dooley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonjonz
Email Concealed by request
Description yadda yadda, woof woof
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2012, 12:13
Total Comments 344 (Amateur)
User ID 57379

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2019, 07:16 Jonjonz

So who wants to volunteer to put the bell around the cats neck?  

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Steam Labs Experiments
1. Re: New Steam Labs Experiments Sep 20, 2019, 06:53 Jonjonz

The Deep Dive Pages devour CPU cycles like crazy.

Some of the results are spot on, and others not so much, about 50-50, so might as well be random.

I might use it if it did not peg my cpus.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.

News Comments > French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales
27. Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 20, 2019, 06:30 Jonjonz

Wow this one flew under the radar of the big boys.

Don't fret it won't take them long to realize the ruling pretty much shots to hell their usual argument to defend loot box gambling, which is the stuff has no real world value.

I expect them to lawyer up and get more generous handing out Francs anytime now.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 19, 2019, 06:39 Jonjonz

Just stop with the links to pay sites already, or at the very least label them as such and stop wasting my time.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix
18. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 18, 2019, 06:48 Jonjonz

Epic board meeting a few months back:

"yo there notun to dat storefront/launcher thing... and we get all da profit."

"but whut about all dat maintenance and support bull?"

"Man aint nuttin to dat, feel me."

A month later:

"We better throw some more programmers on dat cloud save thing or we be hurtin."

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 14, 2019, 06:32 Jonjonz

MS has gotten so big, it simply can't deal with Win 10 in any effective way. Too many VPs concerned more about their career than the product.
This was funny at first, but now that it is several years out (Win 10) and still the same old SNAFU, it's just a case study in corporate entropy.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 11, 2019, 06:32 Jonjonz

Such an amateur stat job.

Ignores Pareto's rule entirely.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed - SJW Echo Chamber Sep 4, 2019, 06:35 Jonjonz

The SJW echo chamber is alive and well.

Keep up the pompous circle jerk and tilt those windmills, just as long as they are small, struggling gaming houses, just look the other way with the big guys.

News Comments > Homeworld 3 Announced
16. Re: Homeworld 3 Announced Aug 31, 2019, 06:30 Jonjonz

.Drifter wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 23:35:
...how Cataclysm and some of it's innovations were ignored. Also hated the constant, rushed feel of Homeworld 2, compared to the other two, where it could be frantic...

I liked Cataclysm the most due to the quirky innovations like the flea ship that was both a spy and a leech. I thought the pacing and missions were just way above the quality of those in Homeworld or Homeworld 2. 2 especially had way too much reliance on pitting you against super powerful and numerous foes rather than interesting scenarios and maps. I hope they look to Cataclysm as the model of what to emulate.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue RE: Sciatica Aug 28, 2019, 06:43 Jonjonz

FYI Modern medicine has three cards it plays with this malady:

* procedures like blocks, burning the nerves, and invasive things like fusions or plates etc.
* Opioids
* tough it out

Long term sciatica sufferer here, the best treatment I have found in 20 years is acupuncture, even the US Army uses it now.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed - Community Dysfunction Aug 23, 2019, 06:27 Jonjonz

The author seems to live in some ivory tower and thinks this is just a symptom of the gaming community.

As the enlisted man said in Aliens:

"I don't know if you have been keeping up with current events, but..."

Welcome to the world we live in now, get woke.

News Comments > Comanche Announced
4. Re: Comanche Announced Aug 20, 2019, 06:54 Jonjonz

Any game hype video with cuts every .5 seconds is a red flag in my book.  

News Comments > Respawn Apologizes
7. Re: Respawn Apologizes Aug 20, 2019, 06:42 Jonjonz

Claiming you have received death threats to CYA when you insult customers and critics, SOP these days.

Even the Prez of the US is okay with white nationalists whose very existent is a proclaimed death threat to non-whites, all the while staying in the Prez's "good people" column.

Death threats, the new ok, politically acceptable speech.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program 2 Announced
7. Re: Kerbal Space Program 2 Announced Aug 20, 2019, 06:28 Jonjonz

Any Game hype video that is not in-game action but all CGI is a major red flag in my book.

Plus, doesn't this game suffer from the same issue that Space Engineers does, that it patches often, which ends up with 90% of previous player mods and creations in the workshop broken. I loved SE but had to stop because almost every mod I used would get broken and that would destroy most of what I had built. I love the whole mod workshop thing, but not when the developer has a policy of not caring about long term mod compatibility when rolling out patches.

News Comments > Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare
14. Re: Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare Aug 19, 2019, 06:31 Jonjonz

This is pretty much SOP for high level creative types in large corporations where playing office politics has way more to do with advancement and autonomy than creative talent.

Most of these guys are smart enough not to make waves, so as to keep their slate clean while looking for other work.

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control
23. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 18, 2019, 06:28 Jonjonz

This goes along with what I have been saying about "classic servers" from the get go, today's jaded gamers will min/max, rush to cap, rush to world firsts the hell out of it, and it will be nothing like the rose colored visions of yore.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. - Youtube/Twitch Viewers Aug 17, 2019, 06:29 Jonjonz

-
So it's basically the worlds proles, too tired, overworked and underpaid, watching the %1 get even richer playing. Yea that sounds about right.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue - Feeding Ducks is Evil Aug 16, 2019, 06:50 Jonjonz

Feeding wildlife is evil. Don't do it.

Some old lady feeds ducks in our development, and now the place is infested with them. They poop all over the sidewalks and patios and cause traffic accidents when they take their time crossing the road or parking lot.

Don't be that old lady.

News Comments > Steam Workshop Adding Item Approvals
1. Re: Steam Workshop Adding Item Approvals Aug 13, 2019, 06:55 Jonjonz

Most likely to be the most avoided job at Valve in a few weeks after the boredom sets in.  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed
11. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 13, 2019, 06:54 Jonjonz

Biggest waste of my money on a game, buying System Shock Enhanced.
Highly marginal manipulation of a few pixels here and there, worst value ever.

344 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo