Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Dooley

Real Name John Dooley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonjonz
Email Concealed by request
Description yadda yadda, woof woof
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2012, 12:13
Total Comments 172 (Novice)
User ID 57379

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 17, 2018, 07:31 Jonjonz

Guess which wireless carrier missed it's October bribe payments to Scott and Ajitty.  

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2018, 07:37 Jonjonz

Winamp was one of the first media players to support streaming.

I still use version 5.6, and can browse thousands of free Shoutcast streams of all kinds of music, spoken word, comedy etc.

There is no reason to use any other, unless you like paying subscriptions.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.

News Comments > EA Exploring C&C Remasters
12. Re: EA Exploring C&C Remasters Oct 12, 2018, 07:40 Jonjonz

Given the most clueless direction the suits a EA have exhibited in the last few game release fiascos, I would not hold my breath on this, unless you like MOBAS, BR, loot boxes, and micro-transactions out the ying yang.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Win 10 Update 1803 Oct 7, 2018, 07:54 Jonjonz

Heard about his a few days ago, so I backed up all my personal files (pictures, my documents, Videos, Downloads, etc.)

I learned years ago to never keep your personal files under C:/Users/.

I had relocated all of my personal files, and Onedrive to an external drive.

Yesterday 1803 update happened for me, fortunately it did not touch my personal files, but decided to move Onedrive from the external drive to under C:\Users etc., and seemed to have lost about half of my Start Menu tiles.

And all this telemetry data was going to help the do a better job with updates...

News Comments > Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name?
18. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 6, 2018, 07:51 Jonjonz

I have all the original Descent games and still load them up occasionally.

I have been glad to see these new attempts come out, but I have conservatively waited for reviews and to see if multiplayer would ever reach critical numbers. None of these new games has become a true "hit" or multiplayer magnet, so I have not bought them. Most of the reviews I have read barely talk about the level design or it's polish.

The thing about the original Descent series that was unique was the complexity of the maze like levels which made huge use of the vertical axis. The level design was usually very polished with hidden traps and hidden mob compartments with invisible triggers. Getting lost in the original Descent games was a huge part of the single player experience.

The thing is the originals still play really well today, and nothing that has come out recently appears to include great level design. The new games just seem to advance the eye candy somewhat.

News Comments > AS+CEND Early Access
5. Re: AS+CEND Early Access Sep 28, 2018, 07:36 Jonjonz

Who asked for a third person Descent clone?

The combat looks slow and cumbersome, not at all like the fast free form action in the original Descent series.

It always makes me wonder when a game trailer shows slow combat with very little actually happening.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse - Censorship at G Sep 23, 2018, 07:36 Jonjonz

Gee, once the big G has perfected this product for China, who is to say that later some POTUS who loves strong men dictators contracts for it here.

News Comments > System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update
4. Re: System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update Sep 8, 2018, 07:33 Jonjonz

What? No love if you bought it at GOG?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits - AI & Music Sep 7, 2018, 08:08 Jonjonz

Don't hold your breath.

AI music is just like procedural generated game content, it does not take long to realize it is the same blandness just re-arranged 200 times.

Give me music or game landscapes created by artists.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse - Teachers Moonlighting Sep 7, 2018, 07:44 Jonjonz

I don't get it, what are they selling?

Pictures?

News Comments > Zeus' Battlegrounds Announced
2. Re: Zeus' Battlegrounds Announced Sep 6, 2018, 07:39 Jonjonz

So this game has time travel?

Sandbags at 1:01.

Sandbags were not in use until the 1700's.

News Comments > 1000-player Mortal Royale Announced
9. Re: 1000-player Mortal Royale Announced Aug 29, 2018, 07:45 Jonjonz

1000 players + caster effects spam + online = LAG  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse - Mozilla dumps Add-Ons Aug 24, 2018, 07:46 Jonjonz

Mozilla acting more like Microsoft every year.

When everyone was switching to Chrome I stuck with the Fox because it had more and better plug-ins.

Mozilla has been moving the goal posts for plug-ins for years such that many of the devs of my favorite plug-ins have thrown in the towel.

Once Mozilla kills off the last of the useful plug-ins I depend on, I might as well go Chrome.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs - The Crime Boss Trough Aug 23, 2018, 07:55 Jonjonz

Citizens United has resulted in too many politicians, on the payroll of organized crime bosses like Putin. All the politicians care about is getting elected/re-elected, and it seems fewer and fewer have the back bone to refuse any donation/bribe from the worlds thugs.

This guy was just too lazy to take the mostly easy steps to uncouple the funds from the campaign and move it offshore.

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Trailer
10. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Trailer Aug 23, 2018, 07:44 Jonjonz

Boffo Oldtimer says: Any demo that hides the UI is suspect.

Guess they did not have any slick footage of the supposed MMO/virtual world landscape, just this same old been done a 1000 times Diablo hack and slash style lane crawl, with unremarkable eye candy.

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
56. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month -BFV DEMO Aug 21, 2018, 07:44 Jonjonz

Curmudgeon's Law Of PC Game Demos:

Any time PC game demo that does not show full speed combat action, is a lie.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. China vs Loot Boxes Aug 18, 2018, 07:32 Jonjonz

Go China!  

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts Announced
3. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts Announced Aug 17, 2018, 07:38 Jonjonz

This is PR gibberish. How exactly do you abandon open world style maps/missions and replace them with MORE of everything?

Does anyone understand this release and can you translate it for some one who has only played Ghost Warrior 1 and 2 which were no where near open world design but rigidly linear.

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Announced
13. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Announced Aug 10, 2018, 07:21 Jonjonz

Perfect World, one of the most egregious pay to win MMOs ever.

I shudder to think what they will do to this title.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews - Streaming Aug 8, 2018, 07:27 Jonjonz

Yea right, like my local Spectrum monopoly is ever going to offer speeds like that. They struggle now to have a week without downtime and serious congestion issues.  

172 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo