Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mellis

Real Name mellis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mellis
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 19, 2012, 14:03
Total Comments 218 (Novice)
User ID 57372

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Get A Story About My Uncle for Free
3. Re: Get A Story About My Uncle for Free Jan 10, 2019, 20:23 mellis

Does he keep his pants on in this one?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bungie Emancipated (Again)
5. Re: Bungie Emancipated (Again) Jan 10, 2019, 20:20 mellis

You can bet Activision told them they were going to be making 'organizational optimizations'.

Almost certain it wasn't by choice Bungie got kicked to the kerb (again). Likely the agreement reached was more along the lines of "pay us off and pack your bags taking your crappy game IP with you or your studio gets canned"

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video
1. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 4, 2019, 19:36 mellis

The game is a turd  

News Comments > Epic Launching App Store
3. Re: Epic Launching App Store Dec 31, 2018, 13:09 mellis

How does the Epic App Store work? Android (iirc) requires you to enable 'Unsigned apps' if you want to install apps from a source other than Google Play store.

On Apple products I'm not so sure, but I was under the impression their eco-system was heavily locked down? You probably can install unsigned apps, but they likely make it difficult and certainly not something the average person would attempt.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat 11 Announced
4. Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Announced Dec 7, 2018, 15:41 mellis

SirKnight wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 12:25:
I'm super hyped about this. But that "song" in the trailer was pure garbage. It didn't go with what was going on at all.

I know, right? It cut in about 5 seconds after the video actually starts and I thought I had some rogue tab that had started playing a random gangsta' music video.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn in February
11. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 04:40 mellis

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 02:11:
Sooo nobody is worried? Nobody heard of a next FC instalment and now it's unveiled and releases in TWO MONTHS?

My thoughts exactly. Looks like a DLC for the - I'm sad to say - forgettable FC5.

This recent wave of low effort content like Black Ops, Fallout 76, this title, needs to be smacked down.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 3, 2018, 10:06 mellis

Performance is allegedly better on consoles and PC but the physics, destruction and graphics haven't really made any meaningful strides, and for a force of biblical nature the Tornado's affect on the world is frankly anaemic.

JC3 was great (got it from the bargain bin), but this new release looks like what used to qualify as an "expansion pack" in the old days.

ACG review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGK8AQR4III

News Comments > CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077
1. Re: CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077 Nov 24, 2018, 13:31 mellis

97 is the aggregate critic's score for Red Dead Redemption 2. The user score, a far more accurate barometer, is well below at ~78 on all platforms.

Conversely; The Witcher 3's critic and users scores are very closely aligned at ~90+ on all platforms.

The statistics strongly suggest The Witcher 3 is a better game than Red Dead Redemption 2, despite it's lower Critic score.

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns
13. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 13:31 mellis

Some of the opinions of the beta are not in any way positive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TN0twyQHT4  

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
3. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 2, 2018, 19:25 mellis

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 19:18:
Hrm, no Night Elves in that footage, but I assume they just weren't ready yet for this video.

War3 is easily one of my favorite RTS games, all time. Well played, Blizzard, attacking my generation's nostalgia yet again.

$29.99 though... I don't know, I can still play the original War3... I'll have to think about it. Definitely at a sale price though.

Total Annihilation was (and still is) better. The single player campaign was pretty awful though, except Core Contingency which was pretty good.

News Comments > Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. Extended
10. Re: Morning Patches Oct 31, 2018, 15:16 mellis

Nullity wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 14:01:
Unfortunately, it's an inherent limitation/flaw in their ancient POS engine. Modifying that would take a significant mount of work/time/money and more or less isn't possible without rewriting a large portion of the base engine.

Which is what they really need to do. Scrap the engine entirely and write or lease a new one. Come on Bethesda, it's long past time.

I'm interested in TES6 and Starfield, but if they are still using this junk, they won't be getting my money.

Didn't they get a huge ~500 million USD payout from Facebook from the insane verdict over that Oculus lawsuit or is that still ongoing? Throw a few mill at a new engine seems a no brainer, still - management needs a new yacht, so...

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints
3. Re: More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints Oct 28, 2018, 14:22 mellis

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 14:14:
*yawn*

From what I've seen of the game (saw a few streamers play it) the game doesn't hit any of my "must play" buttons.

Admiteddly they weren't very far in, but the writing and dialogue wasn't that awesome and the player's character is far from a cool & mysterious gunslinger type that would draw me into the story.

The gameplay itself looked kind of meh.

Your comment seems to echo the general user reviews. 9.7 / 10 from MetaCritic's Critic Reviews, yet only 7.6 from User Reviews (based on at least 2000 reviews). Basically, over hyped and under delivers seems to be the consensus.

Also shows you how much stock you can put in supposedly impartial Critic Reviews these days...

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC
3. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC Oct 25, 2018, 06:12 mellis

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 05:17:
Not to mention they also ship the buggy mess DLC, for free, to everyone.... and that ain't a toggle.

lol

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
27. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 16:16 mellis

NKD wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:10:
HoSpanky wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:02:
Man I hope the court is on CDPR’s side. “I see you signed this deal here.” “Yeah but that’s because I didn’t think it’d become big!” “So? YOU SIGNED THIS.”

To be fair, Polish copyright law technically allows for this kind of shit. If there is a gross disparity in the benefit one side is getting. Zero clue if that works in practice or not. You'd have to find a Polish lawyer somewhere on the Internet and we all know they are too drunk to find their PCs.

It's likely that any decision would be appealable at a European level, since Poland is part of the European Union and therefore supposedly abides by European Copyright directives.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
19. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 1, 2018, 06:30 mellis

DangerDog wrote on Sep 30, 2018, 17:41:
We don't have AI yet, we have really fast decision tree processing.

this.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 28, 2018, 06:30 mellis

Purportedly, this is what Elon Musk said in response to the $420 USD price per share for bringing Tesla private:

“According to Musk, he calculated the $420 price per share based on a 20% premium over that day’s closing share price because he thought 20% was a ‘standard premium’ in going-private transaction,” the SEC alleged in its suit. “This calculation resulted in a price of $419, and Musk stated that he rounded the price up to $420 because he had recently learned about the number’s significance in marijuana culture and thought his girlfriend ‘would find it funny, which admittedly is not a great reason to pick a price.’”

Like the source on reddit said; You can't make this shit up

News Comments > Amnesia: Dark Descent Adding Hard Mode
1. Re: Amnesia: Dark Descent Adding Hard Mode Sep 21, 2018, 18:43 mellis

Wonder if it would be as scary without the music when the monsters are near. That - for me at least - was a big contributor to the fear factor, especially since you often couldn't actually tell where the monster until it was upon you.

Still, Dark Descent is a fantastic game especially with the story which unfolds through audio narration of progressively collected diary pages (if you play it, make sure to catch 'em all!)

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Technical Support
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Technical Support Aug 6, 2018, 16:58 mellis

Creston wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 12:56:
I could live next door to your office and I wouldn't let you borrow my rig. How about you get the specs from someone who has the issue, and build one yourself? Or how about you fly your devs over to the guy's house and look at it there?

What a weird request.

Probably because it's not quite as simple as trying to clone someone's rig from what they say their configuration is. You've got any number of hardware revisions (CPU, GPU microcode increments) to contend with, let alone the software stack that sits atop.

At least they're bothering to try to fix the issue and not just bury the issue with an EA-style you've paid already sad face.

Besides, if you can find it in your heart to help them they're likely to stump up some worthwhile reward for you. You'd think that sort of concern for your customers in this day and age would be something to be lauded...

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Jul 28, 2018, 09:17 mellis

Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 20:27:
Please turn CGI Carrie Fisher into a transvestite. Or a prostitute! Turn C3PO into a pimp who sells teenage runaways on Coruscant. And R2 can be a drug dealer.

Lol! The only Star Wars movie since the original trilogy I'd actually pay to go and see

News Comments > Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved
5. Re: Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved Jun 28, 2018, 12:22 mellis

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 11:14:
The whole ruling should have been overturned.

From the article
Paul Grewal, Facebook vice president and deputy general counsel, said the court’s ruling “was a positive step toward a fair resolution, and we will be appealing the remaining claims.”

So it reads like Zenimax won't be getting anything any time soon...

218 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo