Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for mellis

Real Name mellis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mellis
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 19, 2012, 14:03
Total Comments 238 (Novice)
User ID 57372

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Specs

10. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Specs Dec 9, 2019, 17:41 mellis

chickenboo wrote on Dec 9, 2019, 14:58:
Looking forward to reading reviews tomorrow. First mod should add MW2:Mercs soundtrack into the game.

Amen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Darksiders Genesis Released

3. Re: Darksiders Genesis Released Dec 6, 2019, 19:09 mellis

It's surprisingly awesome. For example; the animations are excellent and in the same style as Darksiders 1 and 2.  

News Comments > Stadia Launch Follow-ups

2. Re: Stadia Launch Follow-ups Nov 20, 2019, 11:25 mellis

Ignore the bullies Google Plus Junior, you're a beautiful auburn haired child who will be successful!  

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Simulator Trailer

4. Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Trailer Nov 15, 2019, 18:13 mellis

Airbus A320 Neo, Boeing 747, but no Boeing 787 MAX...

News Comments > Wasteland 3 in May

4. Re: Wasteland 3 in May Nov 15, 2019, 04:58 mellis

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 03:27:
Finally... F-I-N-A-L-L-Y... something decent looking and those assholes have to plaster the fucking Xbox logo over everything *lesigh*.

Well, they are owned by Microsoft...

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2019, 12:32 mellis

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 11:17:
F*ck George Lucas and his "Midi-chlorians". He purged the credit he got for creating Star Wars when he turned around and destroyed it.

Yep. Not that it's unexpected really. He pulled the prequel stories out of his ass as they were making the film. If you doubt the veracity of that statement, watch the Red Letter Media Plinkett reviews. They contain some behind the scenes footage of Lucas during the production of the films and it's illuminating just how incompetent and lazy he was. Practically Rian Johnson lactating alien bad.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend

13. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend Oct 30, 2019, 17:32 mellis

I confess, I purchased this title (on PC). I haven't purchased a Call of Duty since Modern Warfare (original), and that's one of the reasons I bought this. I also wanted a fulfilling single player game that I could get through in a weekend and wasn't going to take 40+ hours which I just don't have at the moment (I'm sorry Outer Worlds, you look great though).

Modern Warfare (original) single player was fantastic (imho). Interesting story and characters, so when this came out - and it wasn't a remaster-of-the-remaster, I thought I'd get it.

While the game is well produced, it falls far short of its spiritual predecessor. I got through the entire campaign on Veteran difficulty in ~6 hours. The story was lacklustre and the only character I can recall is Captain Price and that's mainly because he was in the original 'Modern Warfare'.

The story is just bad with a terrible ending that involves (*spoiler*): the death of one of your squad for absolutely no reason. You've cleared the entire facility of bad guys and yet he announces over the com in the ending cut-scene he's not going to make it ... not only does it make no sense - the logical equivalent of deliberately sacrificing yourself to demolish a derelict building - no one on your team bats an eyelid, it's also too short and the missions are uninteresting.

Compared to the heart thumping tempo of the original this is a poor imitation and a good reason Activision won't be seeing any further purchases of the series from me.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

15. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 08:14 mellis

KS wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 06:59:
All I see is the same wiffle bat level weapons gameplay with a sword of infinity wrapper.

Wiffle bat gameplay, what a spot on description.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Control

6. Re: Gone Gold - Control Jul 25, 2019, 06:24 mellis

Pity the game itself looks like a generic turd with a spattering of physics.  

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Getting Bloodier

3. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Getting Bloodier Jun 21, 2019, 17:11 mellis

I was almost expecting the laughter at the end to have a background track whispering "Blood for the blood god"...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2019, 16:18 mellis

How can a game that's not due for release for nearly a year (WATCH DOGS: LEGION - 03/05/2020) already be available for pre-download?  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage

3. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 13:57 mellis

Looks like a tween-rated version of Force Unleashed. 'Perky' robot side-kick? check. Zero intelligence force power 'puzzles'? check. Minimal violence? check. Retarded enemies? check. 10 troopers in one room are slaughtered, move to the next room and everyone is standing about obliviously like they're waiting for a bus.

It's also always a great sign when the level design shoe horns in enemy encounters. It's a massive mining facility, yet somehow it's overrun with 'fire beetles' and some sort of bug creatures that 'The Empire (or whatever they're called now)' hadn't managed to clean out, yet had still managed to erect the entire edifice.

Formulaic rubbish with some quite nice graphics.

News Comments > A Plague Tale: Innocence Reviews

4. Re: A Plague Tale: Innocence Reviews May 14, 2019, 17:57 mellis

Quinn wrote on May 14, 2019, 10:54:
Completely off-topic: a Just Cause 4 dev contacted me personally today because of a negative review I posted on Steam back when it was released.

Just Cause 4 was a lazy cash-grab. Identical game-play to JC3, except with less of everything. Less story (if that was even possible), less variation in misson design and most criminally of all; a lot less physics based destruction. The 'Tornado' based wind destruction gimmick was utterly anaemic especially compared to the pyrotechnical physics mayhem in JC3 (thinking of the mining complex on the plateau in JC3 in particular that was a veritable carnival of destruction).

They produced a game that was worse than its predecessor and were rightly punished for it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2019, 17:21 mellis

If you think it's Tendinitis or any ligament/muscular inflammation I would suggest you try Arnica Cream.

Administer a good dollop around the affected area (rump) and massage evenly down towards the knee, following the tendon (typically massaging on the inside of the leg if it's Tendinitis).

Continue and massage evenly around the ball of the foot and heel, the inside of the leg (foot to knee) following the tendon to the knee.

Massage well until fully absorbed before bed and repeat again in the morning, applying to clean skin (ideally after a shower). Repeat until everything is resolved or noticeably better, typically 2-3 days.

It will reduce swelling but also seems to have some beneficial properties that promote healing. Stuff is a miracle in a tube.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Gameplay Trailer

2. Re: The Outer Worlds Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2019, 14:28 mellis

ItBurn wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 13:44:
This really is just like Fallout New Vegas, with the pros and cons.
I'm interested, but man that wasn't exactly a good demo.

Looked like the original version of Bioshock in more than just art style. Tiny enclosed areas (They could have at least invested in some smoke and mirrors to give the illusion of grandeur and scale), stilted animations and non-seamless area transitions made for some seriously dated looking gameplay, which is genuinely a shame.

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players

1. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 11:19 mellis

Got to be a kick in the nuts to the Bioware team. Apex Legends lands without fanfare and goes on to garner widespread support and critical acclaim, Anthem lands ... like a wet turd after a bad curry.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 26, 2019, 19:09 mellis

Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 12:50:
Bill Borre wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 11:28:
I wonder if utilization by the military of AR will adversely effect the treatment of PTSD.

As in, it replaces the human beings you're shooting at with menacing clowns, and replaces the intestines of your buddy as your transport goes over an IED with confetti and streamers?

Basically, it is to reality what Chex Quest is to Doom?

Black Mirror S03E05

News Comments > Anthem Released

5. Re: Anthem Released Feb 22, 2019, 15:14 mellis

A turd rolled in glitter if ever there was one  

News Comments > Sunless Skies Released

1. Re: Sunless Skies Released Feb 2, 2019, 18:35 mellis

Surprisingly enjoyable and I wasn't expecting much. Still a few minor glitches and some of the missions (where do you drop off Percy in the Woods?!?) could do with slightly more verbose direction, but a stable and enjoyable experience for me so far.  

News Comments > BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3

1. Re: BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3 Jan 21, 2019, 10:37 mellis

Less likely EA, more likely Disney. Unless it's a homogenized, family friendly, merchandisable up the wazoo and utterly inoffensive to everyone idea - it's not getting the green light from Uncle Mickey.

George Lucas was creatively bankrupt after episodes 4,5 6, but at least he let others with talent take the IP to some interesting places.

Star Wars - as the golden era of the 1980's-1990's film knew it - is dead.

238 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >