Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for mellis

Real Name mellis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mellis
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 19, 2012, 14:03
Total Comments 230 (Novice)
User ID 57372

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Control
6. Re: Gone Gold - Control Jul 25, 2019, 06:24 mellis

Pity the game itself looks like a generic turd with a spattering of physics.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Getting Bloodier
3. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Getting Bloodier Jun 21, 2019, 17:11 mellis

I was almost expecting the laughter at the end to have a background track whispering "Blood for the blood god"...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2019, 16:18 mellis

How can a game that's not due for release for nearly a year (WATCH DOGS: LEGION - 03/05/2020) already be available for pre-download?  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage
3. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 13:57 mellis

Looks like a tween-rated version of Force Unleashed. 'Perky' robot side-kick? check. Zero intelligence force power 'puzzles'? check. Minimal violence? check. Retarded enemies? check. 10 troopers in one room are slaughtered, move to the next room and everyone is standing about obliviously like they're waiting for a bus.

It's also always a great sign when the level design shoe horns in enemy encounters. It's a massive mining facility, yet somehow it's overrun with 'fire beetles' and some sort of bug creatures that 'The Empire (or whatever they're called now)' hadn't managed to clean out, yet had still managed to erect the entire edifice.

Formulaic rubbish with some quite nice graphics.

News Comments > A Plague Tale: Innocence Reviews
4. Re: A Plague Tale: Innocence Reviews May 14, 2019, 17:57 mellis

Quinn wrote on May 14, 2019, 10:54:
Completely off-topic: a Just Cause 4 dev contacted me personally today because of a negative review I posted on Steam back when it was released.

Just Cause 4 was a lazy cash-grab. Identical game-play to JC3, except with less of everything. Less story (if that was even possible), less variation in misson design and most criminally of all; a lot less physics based destruction. The 'Tornado' based wind destruction gimmick was utterly anaemic especially compared to the pyrotechnical physics mayhem in JC3 (thinking of the mining complex on the plateau in JC3 in particular that was a veritable carnival of destruction).

They produced a game that was worse than its predecessor and were rightly punished for it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2019, 17:21 mellis

If you think it's Tendinitis or any ligament/muscular inflammation I would suggest you try Arnica Cream.

Administer a good dollop around the affected area (rump) and massage evenly down towards the knee, following the tendon (typically massaging on the inside of the leg if it's Tendinitis).

Continue and massage evenly around the ball of the foot and heel, the inside of the leg (foot to knee) following the tendon to the knee.

Massage well until fully absorbed before bed and repeat again in the morning, applying to clean skin (ideally after a shower). Repeat until everything is resolved or noticeably better, typically 2-3 days.

It will reduce swelling but also seems to have some beneficial properties that promote healing. Stuff is a miracle in a tube.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: The Outer Worlds Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2019, 14:28 mellis

ItBurn wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 13:44:
This really is just like Fallout New Vegas, with the pros and cons.
I'm interested, but man that wasn't exactly a good demo.

Looked like the original version of Bioshock in more than just art style. Tiny enclosed areas (They could have at least invested in some smoke and mirrors to give the illusion of grandeur and scale), stilted animations and non-seamless area transitions made for some seriously dated looking gameplay, which is genuinely a shame.

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
1. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 11:19 mellis

Got to be a kick in the nuts to the Bioware team. Apex Legends lands without fanfare and goes on to garner widespread support and critical acclaim, Anthem lands ... like a wet turd after a bad curry.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 26, 2019, 19:09 mellis

Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 12:50:
Bill Borre wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 11:28:
I wonder if utilization by the military of AR will adversely effect the treatment of PTSD.

As in, it replaces the human beings you're shooting at with menacing clowns, and replaces the intestines of your buddy as your transport goes over an IED with confetti and streamers?

Basically, it is to reality what Chex Quest is to Doom?

Black Mirror S03E05

News Comments > Anthem Released
5. Re: Anthem Released Feb 22, 2019, 15:14 mellis

A turd rolled in glitter if ever there was one  

News Comments > Sunless Skies Released
1. Re: Sunless Skies Released Feb 2, 2019, 18:35 mellis

Surprisingly enjoyable and I wasn't expecting much. Still a few minor glitches and some of the missions (where do you drop off Percy in the Woods?!?) could do with slightly more verbose direction, but a stable and enjoyable experience for me so far.  

News Comments > BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3
1. Re: BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3 Jan 21, 2019, 10:37 mellis

Less likely EA, more likely Disney. Unless it's a homogenized, family friendly, merchandisable up the wazoo and utterly inoffensive to everyone idea - it's not getting the green light from Uncle Mickey.

George Lucas was creatively bankrupt after episodes 4,5 6, but at least he let others with talent take the IP to some interesting places.

Star Wars - as the golden era of the 1980's-1990's film knew it - is dead.

News Comments > Get A Story About My Uncle for Free
3. Re: Get A Story About My Uncle for Free Jan 10, 2019, 20:23 mellis

Does he keep his pants on in this one?  

News Comments > Bungie Emancipated (Again)
5. Re: Bungie Emancipated (Again) Jan 10, 2019, 20:20 mellis

You can bet Activision told them they were going to be making 'organizational optimizations'.

Almost certain it wasn't by choice Bungie got kicked to the kerb (again). Likely the agreement reached was more along the lines of "pay us off and pack your bags taking your crappy game IP with you or your studio gets canned"

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video
1. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 4, 2019, 19:36 mellis

The game is a turd  

News Comments > Epic Launching App Store
3. Re: Epic Launching App Store Dec 31, 2018, 13:09 mellis

How does the Epic App Store work? Android (iirc) requires you to enable 'Unsigned apps' if you want to install apps from a source other than Google Play store.

On Apple products I'm not so sure, but I was under the impression their eco-system was heavily locked down? You probably can install unsigned apps, but they likely make it difficult and certainly not something the average person would attempt.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat 11 Announced
4. Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Announced Dec 7, 2018, 15:41 mellis

SirKnight wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 12:25:
I'm super hyped about this. But that "song" in the trailer was pure garbage. It didn't go with what was going on at all.

I know, right? It cut in about 5 seconds after the video actually starts and I thought I had some rogue tab that had started playing a random gangsta' music video.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn in February
11. Re: Far Cry New Dawn in February Dec 7, 2018, 04:40 mellis

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 02:11:
Sooo nobody is worried? Nobody heard of a next FC instalment and now it's unveiled and releases in TWO MONTHS?

My thoughts exactly. Looks like a DLC for the - I'm sad to say - forgettable FC5.

This recent wave of low effort content like Black Ops, Fallout 76, this title, needs to be smacked down.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 3, 2018, 10:06 mellis

Performance is allegedly better on consoles and PC but the physics, destruction and graphics haven't really made any meaningful strides, and for a force of biblical nature the Tornado's affect on the world is frankly anaemic.

JC3 was great (got it from the bargain bin), but this new release looks like what used to qualify as an "expansion pack" in the old days.

ACG review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGK8AQR4III

News Comments > CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077
1. Re: CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077 Nov 24, 2018, 13:31 mellis

97 is the aggregate critic's score for Red Dead Redemption 2. The user score, a far more accurate barometer, is well below at ~78 on all platforms.

Conversely; The Witcher 3's critic and users scores are very closely aligned at ~90+ on all platforms.

The statistics strongly suggest The Witcher 3 is a better game than Red Dead Redemption 2, despite it's lower Critic score.

230 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo