Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MDB

Real Name MDB   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MDB
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/captainkewl
Signed On Mar 6, 2012, 16:35
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 57357

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
10. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 11:41 MDB

I can't believe they had to make an announcement that they had working vsync. Good, I guess...?

The tearing in UT4 was pretty painful when I tried it a few months back -- I don't fully understand how Epic can allow this to even happen at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trials of the Blood Dragon Demo Offer Ending
2. Re: Trials of the Blood Dragon Demo Offer Ending Jul 23, 2016, 22:50 MDB

I was desparate.

It wasn't terrible... had no expectations going in. Absolutely no reason for the demo to be 14 gigs though, unless the idea is that the full game is unlockable.

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
3. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 20, 2016, 15:08 MDB

The look and feel of this hits the early-90's Seattle-everything aesthetic so well that it nearly brought me to tears -- a lot of it mirrored what I remember about my life at the time, which in hindsight wasn't a particularly good time for me. Haven't been able to continue past the first few minutes of episode 2, but not because the game itself was in any way bad.

Worth checking out if you haven't done so.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced Jun 14, 2016, 10:15 MDB

What are they calling this in Japan? "Biohazard 7 biohazard"?  

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
36. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 17:16 MDB

Yeah, the magical power things that the guys pulled out at the end of the trailer made me scrunch my brow a bit but I'll give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt for now. Could be interesting and here's hoping they respect the franchise's heritage enough to keep some kind of vanilla game mode.  

News Comments > PC TEKKEN 7 Confirmed
1. Re: PC TEKKEN 7 Confirmed Jun 13, 2016, 17:04 MDB

OH MY GOD. So happy.

And Akuma is kind of cool too, I guess. Wonder what this means for Tekken X Street Fighter.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Apr 23, 2016, 21:31 MDB

Wish they hadn't gone with Frostbite with its stupid loading times, but yeah, I'm otherwise liking it too.

Love the open world idea -- there's tons to take in visually, and it almost seems like a waste when the game's constantly telling you to run through it all as quickly as possible.

News Comments > DOOM in May
64. Re: DOOM in May Apr 6, 2016, 14:48 MDB

The slow pace and absence of movement physics gives it a pretty low mechanical skill-cap feel. I'm under the impression that the Arena Shooter community is not their target audience to begin with. Disappointed, but I understand why -- it's a small and shrinking demographic that ceased to be worth marketing to once games went mainstream.  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Lives
2. Re: Dead Island 2 Lives Mar 10, 2016, 11:23 MDB

Hadn't heard about Yager -- sad news. Spec Ops: The Line was pretty solid and some of the best in-game storytelling I'd ever experienced. I think they could have done some interesting things with a Zombie Apocalypse franchise.  

News Comments > PC Need for Speed in March
15. Re: PC Need for Speed in March Feb 12, 2016, 11:34 MDB

At least they brought back the Lil John song from Underground.

Frostbite engine makes me want to nope out of this. Did they learn nothing from The Runs?

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
16. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 11:25 MDB

MacLeod wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 11:09:
I'm confused. What exactly are people complaining about? The game was originally Xbox One only, then they announced they'll release a PC version (with cross save compatibility no less), and giving it to every preorder for free... What is there to complain about??
The article suggests that complainers feel the lack of exclusivity implies that MS are no longer completely committed to the console.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
34. Re: DOOM Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 11:07 MDB

I always thought I was alone in thinking the enemy hitscan accuracy in Half-Life was anti-fun. It (and feeling like I was sliding around in a cardboard box) pretty much ruined the game for me.

Love how the trailer used a rendition of the E1M1 music.

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
7. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 13:41 MDB

panbient wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:20:
ForgedReality wrote on May 21, 2015, 12:54:
High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed). That's the only way they'll make another good Need For Speed.

I'd be super happy just getting HD 'remasters' of those classics. I still have my discs somewhere but last time I tried Porsche Unleashed I couldn't go farther than the main menu. I'd also much rather see a focus on a collection of great race tracks than any sort of open world shenanigan or any sort of focus on 'urban car culture'.

When I played NFS I wanted to race like a maniac (aka arcade style), not drive around looking for events. Unfortunately this doesn't seem like it'll scratch that itch.

High Stakes was great. Really wish the franchise would go back to the earlier premise of driving exotic cars through exotic locations (like a freaking erupting volcano -- aweseome).

Edit: apparently I was thinking of HP2 at the end there. Also a good one...

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 13:47.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Teaser
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Teaser Apr 23, 2015, 14:45 MDB

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 14:34:
The original Black Ops had bots, I wonder if this one will too. Not holding my breath.

Seems the bots are merged with humans this time around.

News Comments > WWE 2K15 Next Week; Specs
1. Re: WWE 2K15 Next Week; Specs Apr 22, 2015, 22:14 MDB

This is huge. Hasn't been a franchise WWE game on PC since the Raw XBox port. Seriously considering getting this if only to support future PC development.

Unfortunate that 2K15 is one of the more poorly received installments, though.

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today
16. Re: More on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Today Apr 8, 2015, 13:36 MDB

Withholding judgment until I actually experience it first hand, but it feels that the franchise theme is veering rather far away from its "conspiracy" origins and turning into some kind of exploration of the sociology of transhumanism instead. Not sure how I feel about this -- a lot of what made the original game work (for me at least) was that many of the ideas were grounded on popular conceptions of reality.

More black helicopters and less retractable elbow knives, please.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 7, 2015, 10:48 MDB

Love it when cord cutting guides list OTA channels as an option and talk about getting an antenna as if radio waves were some obscure new technology.  

News Comments > Steam Machines in November
9. Re: Steam Machines in November Mar 5, 2015, 20:46 MDB

Pretty funny how half the vendors use the Silverstone Raven case. Good job with the brand identity.

Interested in knowing how one sources mobile GPUs for those thin profile cases -- I'd seriously consider doing a build like that if possible. Are they just repurposed laptop mainboards?

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
12. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 14:14 MDB

Wish they'd done this a decade ago before the tech became completely impenetrable to anyone unable to work on it full-time.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 15:21 MDB

Flatline wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 13:01:
Not only is disparaging someone for not being a true gamer because they started when Halo came out a No True Scotsman fallacy, but it's especially lazy because as it turns out, Halo is pretty fucking old. You might as well push the threshold back into the 70's with THAC0, or even into the late 60's with the Grognard/wargame crowd that probably first popularized the term "gamer" in a social context outside of gambling.

Point taken -- bad choice of words on my part. (Maybe I should have said Farmville instead?)

To clarify, I was commenting on the way the "controversy", such as it is, has entered the consciousness of people who aren't involved in it, have nothing to do with it, aren't affected by it at all, and probably have more important things to worry about. Especially when said controversy is ultimately just a bunch of (presumably young and unwise) people typing stuff on their keyboards -- it's alternately silly and sad.

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo