Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2018, 21:24 NamecaF

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 12:49:
I saw a few clips of that Carnival Cruise brawl yesterday... They might as well close up shop. Nobody wants to be stuck on a boat for days or weeks with a rent-a-cop crew so bored that they'll beat the shit out of you any chance they get. As if they weren't struggling already with the fact that the vast majority of people don't want to be stuck on a boat for days or weeks, period.

It wasnt the crew starting the fights. It was a massive family of muslims looking for any excuse to pick fights with the other people enjoying a cruise. They were directly targeting Australians and picking fights for days before the security finally intervened.

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 15, 2018, 21:59 NamecaF

Bard wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 12:08:
Russia... SURE!!!

IT Pros are laughing at the ridiculous new cold war.

Are you Russian?

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 01:08 NamecaF

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 22:36:
HomePods are staining wooden tables with a white ring.

Testing. It's a thing you should do.

Apple are too arrogant to test. They'd burn you for even suggesting it.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 15, 2018, 01:06 NamecaF

rawbelly wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 21:18:
This whole security thing seems like such a circle jerk anymore. Will today's computers ever really, truly be 100% secure?

I'm thinking probably not.

We could just unplug our network cables.

I mean, I just found out Tmo got hacked again (fourth time?) and this time combined with the Equifax hack data, people are porting SIMs over and stealing entire bank accounts. I had to just call and set up some port validation password.

I'm not even mad anymore.

Not until Quantum computers become ubiquitous.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 00:56 NamecaF

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 19:24:
Bard wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 19:00:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 13:53:
They had better come up with a business model quick. A free press is vital in preventing abuse of power and corruption.

It used to be.

Now we have access to uncorrupted independent media organisations who are completely online. Like the Intercept.

The traditional press was made a target following Vietnam, and since then has become totally compromised.
The Intercept has become pretty one-sided lately and even ignores some big events completely. Consortiumnews is much better. However Robert Parry died recently (and of course the "traditional" media was completely silent about it) and we will have to see if it will stay on its path of real journalism.

All press is one-sided. They're all blatantly biased now, mostly to the left, but a few are right. There's no unbiased or centrist media what-so-ever.

-RedEye9

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2018, 00:51 NamecaF

Task wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 12:08:
Not understanding the appeal of a Call of Duty film, since every entry is pretty different, and they are essentially interactive over-the-top-Bay films in game format.

Exactly! It's purely about the money. You see how much those shitty Michael Bay movies rake in? Do the same thing with a brand that's the video game equivalent and they'll rake in just as much if not more than Bay's top earning movie, even if its an utter shit-fest.

-RedEye9

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2018, 23:07 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 22:51:
I'm a fan of Besson so it'll be interesting to see what he does.

You're kidding! One of the most over-rated directors ever. Style over substance.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Strava’s fitness tracker heat map reveals the location of military bases Jan 29, 2018, 20:33 NamecaF

Why worry about Chinese and Russian hackers when you're giving this stuff away yourselves?  
-RedEye9

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Standard Edition Price Not Increasing
7. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Standard Edition Price Not Increasing Jan 28, 2018, 02:30 NamecaF

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 01:24:
Although I hear there are people who really like it, it sounds like another giant cash-sucking device.

When we pine for the "good old days," they really were: games were whole and complete, and if they were expanded, those were substantial offerings. None of this piecemeal, nickel and dime bullshit.

Amen to that.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Standard Edition Price Not Increasing
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Standard Edition Price Not Increasing Jan 27, 2018, 22:40 NamecaF

If you're dumb enough to buy this shit, you deserved to get fucked over. It really is that simple.  
-RedEye9

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2018, 22:19 NamecaF

Its CI Games, renowned for shoddy games, so this means sweet FA really.  
-RedEye9

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 26, 2018, 20:47 NamecaF

Ubisoft: "How can we utterly destroy the Tom Clancy series? I know..."  
-RedEye9

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 25, 2018, 01:24 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 23:17:
She's angry because she was only offered $500,000.00 fir a comedy special where other bigger names were offered a lot more? What fucking planet does this bitch live on where you piss and moan about making that kind of money for virtually nothing?

Reminds me of Breaking Bad where Jesse is whinging about the pay and Walt says "You are now a millionaire and you're complaining?"

People are fucking greedy and society rewards them for it.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2018, 22:40 NamecaF

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 15:16:
I am more baffled a single "wrong click" can trigger an island wide alert. Whatever happened to the 4 eye principle? (ie, 2 authorizations, not just 1)

Yeah, talk about a half-arsed system. As if anyone in Hawaii is going to have faith in it now...

"This is not a drill!"
"Probably just another false alarm".

-RedEye9

News Comments > PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up
5. Re: PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up Jan 11, 2018, 22:39 NamecaF

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 20:54:
That they don't region lock means they allow 300+ pings to play together? How is that working? Magic rubber bands?

Yep. I take it you've never played the game.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Iron Harvest 1920+ Trailers
5. Re: Iron Harvest 1920+ Trailers Jan 2, 2018, 03:16 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 00:50:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 21:37:
So its a world in which the wheel was never invented? Huh. Interesting.

Also, that full-scale destruction tech and dynamic cover looks freaking awesome!

What do the trains run on? Magic?

Like everything else, they use legs! They have slot-guides that follow the railway but are pushed along with little legs, Flintstones-style

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 02:15:
Based on some info, I am skeptical their engine is what they claim to be, and there is some question about some of the assets origin.

What info? Care to share?

-RedEye9

News Comments > Iron Harvest 1920+ Trailers
2. Re: Iron Harvest 1920+ Trailers Jan 1, 2018, 21:37 NamecaF

So its a world in which the wheel was never invented? Huh. Interesting.

Also, that full-scale destruction tech and dynamic cover looks freaking awesome!

-RedEye9

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Kodi media player arrives on the Xbox One. Thanks Slashdot. Dec 30, 2017, 19:27 NamecaF

Finally comes full circle.  
-RedEye9

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2017, 19:24 NamecaF

LOL. I love you armchair detectives. You have no idea how the real world or tactical situations work.  
-RedEye9

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer
7. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer Dec 30, 2017, 00:05 NamecaF

The visuals and historical accuracy look great, but the implementation seems pretty janky, and the AI is laughable (completely blind enemies? Why not). Bit of a shame really.  
-RedEye9

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo