Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 387 (Amateur)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2013, 02:30 NamecaF

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:34:
NamecaF wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 16:48:
This. I wish we could up-vote posts.

This is not Imgur or Reddit.

Sorry I should clarify that. I meant I wish we could upvote (or downvote) comment posts. A simple "Agree/Thumbs Up" or "Disagree/Thumbs Down" with a number next to each comment would do the trick without being intrusive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2013, 16:48 NamecaF

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 13:42:
Yeah, I'm going to stick with Win 7 until MS give me a compelling reason to upgrade. If that's 10 years, so be it. Hell, it'll probably take me that long to clear my Steam backlog anyway.

This. I wish we could up-vote posts.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 11, 2013, 06:50 NamecaF

Like someone in the comments said: "Butchering long-time successful franchises, then cry about bad financial results."

Seriously, what is it with entertainment-industry executives and decision makers that consistently go "no, fuck everyone who cares about the franchise and made it successful in the first place. Let's just design it for the lowest common denominator fucktards. Of course everyone who plays/watches/listens to this is going to be a brainless/ADHD brosef who needs constant hand-holding and instant gratification. We're gonna make it 'cool' bro!"

*sigh*

News Comments > Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced
9. Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced Oct 9, 2013, 07:09 NamecaF

Those screenshots look gorgeous. I assume it'll be 2D with pre-rendered backdrops though, right?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Sep 28, 2013, 01:55 NamecaF

Fuck. A remastered Day of the Tentacle would have been awesome. I'd have thrown money at it.

One of the devs should "anonymously" "leak" it into the wild. Unfortunately the chances of that happening are pretty much 0%

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2013, 12:45 NamecaF

Detecting Heartbeats in Rubble- DHS and NASA Team up to Save Victims of Disasters.

Rainbow Six's Heart Beat Sensor a reality! Actually come to think of it, wasn't this technology announced or being tested years ago? I remember reading something about this way back in the early 2000s :/

News Comments > New Riddick Game Plans
9. Re: New Riddick Game Plans Sep 11, 2013, 04:08 NamecaF

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 23:09:
And we just over the past couple of months, just this year, reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape from Butcher Bay to create the third game.

That's excellent news.

I agree, awesome news. Wish more Hollywood types understood and showed more interest in making good movie tie-in videogames instead of some cheap, rushed piece of shit.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Weapon Customization Details, Video
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Weapon Customization Details, Video Sep 7, 2013, 01:37 NamecaF

Thats the kind and level of weapon customization I've always wanted to see in games for ages - ever since the first GRAW game. I'm surprised its taken this long to be honest.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
40. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 23, 2013, 01:58 NamecaF

Leper wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 18:26:
Apparently there are 80 maps in the original game and they are increasing that to 120. Why does it seem like there were like 40 maps in the original game? I played it a few times and saw the same ones over and over. Maybe I just got unlucky.

It does sound like they're adding a lot. Definitely interested in playing it through a couple more times. I'd like to hear more about the strategic mode improvements though.

Seriously? 80 maps in the original? I find that *very* hard to believe. I've played through the entire campaign at least 30+ times now and it seems like there's only around 12-16 different maps. There's a few additional levels which are variations of those maps (eg. bomb disposal ones, rescue VIP ones, ones where you start on the other end of the map, etc).

But 80 different maps? No way.

EDIT: And something they should bloody-well fix is the damn teleportation bug where aliens just randomly teleport (even out of single entry/exit rooms that you have covered). The game's been out how long and that still hasnt been fixed!

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
12. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 23, 2013, 01:53 NamecaF

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 00:12:
This is practically guaranteed to come to PC eventually. In fact, every indie game on consoles will likely come out for PC.

Exactly. What I was getting (from what he was saying) is basically that it will be coming to PC, but Sony paid them a shit load of money for a timed exclusive. That shit-load of money by the way is especially enticing to an indie company just starting out, to help them keep food on the table and pay their employees so they dont have to starve and work in their basements.

Which I get. I mean a timed exclusive is better than an outright exclusive - where it will never come to PC (like Red Dead Redemption!) - especially in the case of indie just starting out. It sucks, but I understand it.

Rockstar and other established AAA developers doing exclusives on the otherhand? Complete and utter disrespect.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
37. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 22, 2013, 11:43 NamecaF

Prez wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 10:23:
Still no base defense and no map randomizer. Damn.

^^This!^^ I cant believe there's no map editor to allow you to make your own maps, or at the very least a map randomizer. I mean its grid based for godsakes, how hard can it bloody be?

I really wish they'd properly support modding as well. It's a fricken pain in the arse and so convoluted, yet the configuration and ini files are just plain text! They're really, intentionally screwing us in the arse for no rhyme or reason!

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
4. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Aug 21, 2013, 10:24 NamecaF

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 23:03:
Anyone know if these fix the 400 and 500 series hard locks that have been plaguing the last two releases?

I'd like to know this too

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 13:20 NamecaF

Hoop wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 10:21:
For the love of god don't assault me with a bearded Ginga so early in the morning!
Here let me ruin your day. click it
http://goo.gl/Buzqqh

It's funny that people love to publicly put shit on "gingers" and think it's perfectly fine. They can't help what color hair they were born with.

Let me ask you this, do you think it's ok to put shit on "faggots" or "niggers"?

News Comments > Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC Next Month
11. Re: Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC Next Month Jul 16, 2013, 19:54 NamecaF

Fuck, would it kill you to put a spoiler warning or something blue?  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jul 2, 2013, 00:10 NamecaF

I'm gonna hold off on these and wait and see what others report. There were a few reports of the previous drivers even bricking some older cards so I dont want to test my luck until thats been fixed.  

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans
14. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans Jun 19, 2013, 21:16 NamecaF

Wow. I cant believe you guys are still 'poo-poo'ing this!

First you were all saying it wasn't XCOM enough. So they went back and made a lot of changes to it to make it MORE XCOM and rather than be happy with that, you're now dismissing it as a Gears of War or Mass Effect clone? There's just no pleasing you guys is there?

Anyway, I think its looking pretty good. Interesting setting, story, art style and game play - I'm a tactical games fan so the squad combat and ordering ability is an awesome mechanic I'm looking forward to using. A definite buy for me

Oh, and just before you try and slam me as a console or kiddy gamer, I'm in fact a 30 year old PC gamer

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced
18. Re: Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced Jun 11, 2013, 00:06 NamecaF

Cant please everyone eh? I for one am glad there's another Mirror's Edge game coming - though "reboot" seems a bit weird. Hopefully they mean "prequel". Either way, I'm digging it.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
12. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 9, 2013, 03:46 NamecaF

I know, I cant understand how this can surprise anyone either. Has everyone forgotten about ECHELON?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

News Comments > Abducted Still Lives
2. Re: Abducted Still Lives May 28, 2013, 22:01 NamecaF

Ugh, that looks terrible.  

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming
6. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 02:05 NamecaF

God, how can any studio these days release a PC first person shooter and NOT include the ability to change the FOV? This should be a standard option included out of the box on day one along with volume level and graphics detail settings!  

387 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo