Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 287 (Amateur)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 4, 2016, 21:46 NamecaF

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 21:22:
So did any of you even read the article? Because we're now 12 comments into this thread and the word "obesity", which is what the demonstrative pronoun in the article title refers to, has yet to be mentioned...

It's blues news dude. Most of them read nothing more than the headline.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 4, 2016, 02:42 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 21:07:
All I see is, grind, grind, grind.

All I see is whinge, whinge, whinge. As usual.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 4, 2016, 01:14 NamecaF

nin wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 16:19:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 16:09:
This was a good video to watch.

Yeah, I found it interesting not about nintendo per se, but more the history of media, and how we've treated it. The part about album rentals in Japan, and them selling you blank media with it was especially eye opening. If that happened today (assuming we still favored physical media and not digital) the RIAA would fucking shit itself.

I downloaded some NES roms in the background while I watched it.

Filthy pirate

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 7, 2016, 22:45 NamecaF

Rockstar are like the Apple of the game dev world. They sincerely hate their customers and are proud of it.  

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
15. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 5, 2016, 03:46 NamecaF

DangerDog wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 02:55:
NamecaF wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:35:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:19:
Rhialto wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 20:48:
Anyone else frustrated it won't be on Steam?

No, get over it. There's nothing wrong with companies wanting to do their own digital delivery systems and not profit share with Valve.

Well, I'd argue there is an issue with fragmenting the market and with every man and his dog making their own clients with "exclusives" where does it stop?

Companies just dont learn from history, do they? Whether it's PC and Mac. Beta and VHS. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. There's always going to be a loser and the people that suffer the most are the poor saps that chose the wrong side.

I really think publishers and developers shouldn't be creating these digital services. There should instead be an independent third party that creates one and make it standard.

Personally I'd prefer if these clients were all optional and not tied in with DRM or bullshit exclusives. But the corporations are too greedy to give customers freedom of choice and you mooks are happy to go along with it, so I guess I'm shit out of luck.

holy shit, just no. You would not want someone dictating a "standard" for digital distribution. Those formats you're talking about did not become standards because the best of the best was chosen. Beta > VHS and neither was Blu-ray the better of the two.

we're talking about downloading files to your computer, that doesn't require a standard. What if Microsoft was the one to create this "standard", you could bet they would be charging everyone else to use it and most assuredly it would be some of the nastiest DRM ever.

Dont be daft. By "standard" I mean one client that is completely agnostic and all developers/publishers are encouraged to use without royalty. It has nothing what so ever to do with changing the mechanism of the way files are written to your computer and damn well doesn't have anything to do with DRM.

Basically, imagine Steam with no ties to Valve and no inbuilt DRM? Stop trolling.

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
9. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 4, 2016, 23:35 NamecaF

DangerDog wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:19:
Rhialto wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 20:48:
Anyone else frustrated it won't be on Steam?

No, get over it. There's nothing wrong with companies wanting to do their own digital delivery systems and not profit share with Valve.

Well, I'd argue there is an issue with fragmenting the market and with every man and his dog making their own clients with "exclusives" where does it stop?

Companies just dont learn from history, do they? Whether it's PC and Mac. Beta and VHS. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. There's always going to be a loser and the people that suffer the most are the poor saps that chose the wrong side.

I really think publishers and developers shouldn't be creating these digital services. There should instead be an independent third party that creates one and make it standard.

Personally I'd prefer if these clients were all optional and not tied in with DRM or bullshit exclusives. But the corporations are too greedy to give customers freedom of choice and you mooks are happy to go along with it, so I guess I'm shit out of luck.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: Witness’ $40 experiment worked, creator reports $5 million first-week revenue… Feb 3, 2016, 23:52 NamecaF

Quboid wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 08:58:
NamecaF wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 06:17:
And he's complaining about an obscure Chinese group cracking it and putting it up on a few less than reputable torrent sites? Sounds like a right tosser actually.

Why wouldn't he? What's the cut-off point for being allowed to be unhappy at people grabbing your work for free? What does the notoriety or nationality of the cracking group matter?

Even if there was such a cut-off point (spoiler: there isn't), being $1,000,000 in the hole surely isn't it.

More importantly, is your name supposed to be read backwards? I always do, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to.

It matters because the Chinese are always going to pirate everything and anything they can get their hands on. The words copyright and intellectual property dont exist to them.

And the crack group's "notoriety" matters because they are small and unreliable and people aren't going to risk getting viruses and shit - therefore you aren't going to have as many non-Chinese grabbing the game as you would if one of the bigger groups cracked it / released it.

You wont stop people trying to crack and pirate things, especially the Chinese, and not every pirate download equals a lost sale. So to be honest, in this incidence, he's actually been extremely lucky. With the amount of money he has already made despite "the pirates", bitching and moaning about just makes him sound ignorant and entitled. I bet he'd enjoy your company

It's everything else he's said in the past, in addition to that article, that makes him sound like a complete wanker.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2016, 06:20 NamecaF

That is straight up fucked up. The writer of the article even sounds giddy about this. Man, the human race is the cruelest, most sadistic fucking excuse for life on this planet.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Witness’ $40 experiment worked, creator reports $5 million first-week revenue… Feb 3, 2016, 06:17 NamecaF

And he's complaining about an obscure Chinese group cracking it and putting it up on a few less than reputable torrent sites? Sounds like a right tosser actually.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2016, 21:36 NamecaF

I thought there would've been more of an issue with Activision using "Ghosts" in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Did Ubisoft ever kick up a stink over that?  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2016, 21:21 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 20:43:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 19:50:
nin wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 19:47:
I didn't realize how closely it followed the original until I saw the two compared...that's pretty amazing.
Guess you didn't watch the show as much as I did, I thought it was pretty clear most of it was a direct copy.

Yeah, I watched Magnum all the time. I always loved T.C. calling Higgins, 'Higgy-baby'. Hehe. Hopefully this bring Archer back to fine form as the last season or two weren't nearly as good as the first few seasons.

Ever since they stopped being ISIS

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 16, 2016, 23:07 NamecaF

Squirmer wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 18:00:
The depiction of Aboriginal people is still racist though. You have to consider the political and social climate in Australia, where Aboriginal people are so disadvantaged, with lower life expectancies and poor life opportunities etc. Australian governments have a shameful history. A game like this will always come in for criticism in that climate.

This isn't like fictional "savages" in Rust or similar games. This game purports to show "real Aboriginals" and depicts them as primitive spear wielders etc. In truth, Aboriginal people are teachers, lawyers, business owners, and everything else. Depicting them like the game does is harmful to any attempts to overcome the extreme racism in Australia today. Yeah it's just one stupid game, but if you excuse one stupid game, you can excuse every other instance too.

This is kind of like in Vice City when the game instructs you to "kill all the Haitians", which made Haitian community groups complain. In response, Rockstar altered that text in future versions of the game.

LOL. Everyone seems to gloss over the fact that the aboriginal communities are worse on themselves and each other than the government ever was. It's not stereotyping or racist when it's actually factual - Aborigines were primitive spear wielders. Experience living in an Aboriginal community yourself for a week and you'll definitely change your tune.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 6, 2016, 01:12 NamecaF

Why do the Japanese have such an obsession with giant monsters fighting and generally wreaking havoc in cities?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2015, 22:31 NamecaF

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 17:25:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 17:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 14:39:
"5 percent the cost of current displays, it could see far cheaper smartphones"

I'll bet the farm Apple will gladly take that 95% savings for themselves.

Yeah, but when all the competition are selling phones that do the same thing for $5 how many people are really going to still be forking over $500 to Apple?

A: Whatever market is they have today. That many.

Yep. Never underestimate the cult that is Apple.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2015, 00:15 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 14:02:
Wired differently? Gee, you mean an addict is an addict regardless of their medium? Shocker.

FFS Cutter, would it kill you to actually read the article for once before spewing bullshit?

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
19. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 01:59 NamecaF

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 18:15:
yonder wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 16:52:
Yeah, that's almost as entertaining as people who STILL didn't understand the difference between stealing a physical object and illegally copying a digital one.
Quite frankly...I've been listening to the difference between physical and digital duplication for 30 years since I first copied Castle Wolfenstein on an Apple II with Locksmith.... There is no denying the scarcity/production differences, but that by no means makes it righteous. It is a silly entitlement crutch trotted out to smugly excuse not compensating someone for their work. Kind of like ad blockers and microtransaction loopholes. Almost everyone with a PC is guilty of pirated material...but most above the age of 25 don't try to make it out to be the admirable protest while sticking it to The Man.

Most of that money you pay goes to the publishers/suits with a small percentage going to the developers. The developers still end up with a shit load of money so just imagine how fat the publishers and execs are sitting.

You'd be better off pirating it and then sending a cheque / anonymous donation to the developers directly, if you really wanted to reward them for their work.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month
25. removed Nov 6, 2015, 01:43 NamecaF

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 6, 2015, 07:50.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
34. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 4, 2015, 01:02 NamecaF

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 21:35:
jimnms wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 18:50:
Looking at the screen shots and the leaked videos, like Fallout 3, this doesn't look like something you'd see 200 years after a nuclear apocalypse. It looks more like 20 years.

Wouldn't that make sense? The game starts with you playing your character before the war, so it couldn't really then shift 200 years and you're still the same guy/girl.

Maybe the Vault has cryo-chambers?

News Comments > AMD Driver Changes
6. Re: AMD Driver Changes Nov 2, 2015, 18:59 NamecaF

"...renaming the driver suite for their graphics cards to Radeon Software Crimson..."

That has got to be one of the worst names I've ever heard.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2015, 22:52 NamecaF

Overon wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:26:
Yet they are going to buy anyway. This is the message you are sending to EA. You complain all you want but when it comes to see where the pavement meets the road, you buy anyway.

Yep. That's most of the people on here. No conviction. No principles.

Just bitching and whining... then buy the game anyway.

287 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo