Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2017, 00:52 NamecaF

International House of Pancakes? Never heard of it. Is that just another American thing where they consider themselves the centre of the universe and there's nothing international about it?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ion Cancelled
2. Re: Ion Cancelled Mar 8, 2017, 03:43 NamecaF

I'm sure absolutely no one is surprised. Dean Hall is nothing short of a complete and utter wanker who's 15 mins of fame was well and truly up after the DayZ mod released its first beta.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 10:41 NamecaF

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 10:29:
time is running out as this will no longer be possible as of March 6th, 2017

Why, exactly? That's just bullshit.

Its Rockstar, that's why. Absolute cunts.

News Comments > Redeemer Announced
2. Re: Redeemer Announced Feb 17, 2017, 03:11 NamecaF

That actually does look pretty good. I'm not a fan of top-down views though. Wish it was a traditional 3rd person view. Or even a zoomed out, God of War-style view. Oh well.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 8, 2017, 22:13 NamecaF

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 11:04:
Retired wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 10:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 10:45:
All set to rake in a possible $30 dollars, but the dvd settlement ain't available in Texas.

Lets not forget the disproportionate crack cocaine penalties.
While a person found with five grams of crack cocaine faced a five-year mandatory minimum prison sentence, a person holding powder cocaine could receive the same sentence only if he or she held five hundred grams. Similarly, those carrying ten grams of crack cocaine faced a ten-year mandatory sentence, while possession of one thousand grams of powder cocaine was required for the same sentence to be imposed.

Eh, Obama let all of those people out - hope someone keeps track, they have already found that a lot of them lied about their "story" as well as the O admin lied about what each of them had done. A lot of them had previous weapons charges and were running drugs with guns. Federal law states drugs+guns during an arrest is 20 years.....
So President Obama let all of "those people" out. Go ahead, say it. You meant African Americans. Notice the word American. Hard to believe huh. I bet you don't know what country imprisons more of its populace than any other, give up, it's America.
President Obama did not even make a drop in the bucket, but your obvious racism won't allow you to see anything good that came from the last 8 years. Instead of getting your news from 8 people sitting around a table screaming at each other, try doing some basic research. so sad

The only racist here is you. If you cant see that, then you're a complete lost cause.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 7, 2017, 20:22 NamecaF

I'm convinced Steve Jobs and Apple were trying to out-cult Scientology.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 09:47 NamecaF

Ha! Cute, Blue  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 27, 2017, 11:11 NamecaF

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 10:33:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 19:20:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 16:43:
apple without Jobs isnt apple... its yuppie dell

Its always been yuppie dell.

i guess you werent alive in the 80s or 90s

they were never particularly "awesome" but Jobs definitely made them unique to a certain degree, mostly through his neurotic psychosis

Oh I was alive then, and outside of rare education institutions you were hard pressed to find an Apple anything. Everything was IBM PCs. Apples gained a cult following among "creative" types and from there the iPod and hipsters made them go more mainstream. But they've always sucked to anyone who knows half a damn about computers.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2017, 00:04 NamecaF

GinRummy wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 22:10:
You must not have watched the whole video. Police got out of a car and checked the truck driver, not sure if he was in filming car or behind. Was probably radioing it all in first.

C'mon man. Dont come in here and ruin the baby's holier-than-thou tantrum with shit like facts and common sense! This is Bluesnews for christ's sake

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 19:30 NamecaF

Argue
Popcorn

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2017, 19:20 NamecaF

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 16:43:
apple without Jobs isnt apple... its yuppie dell

Its always been yuppie dell.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow Jan 19, 2017, 04:28 NamecaF

Frijoles wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 22:13:
In my dreams, they use this engine and create a full-fledged single-player only game (maybe co-op). One that's a lot more fleshed out. I've been treating the game as single-player already, but the "campaign" isn't really long enough.

Totally! I've been doing the same but it really does need a proper SP campaign. I thought the new Ghost Recon would be using this engine, but apparently its not - which is a shame, because the Snowdrop engine is beautiful.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 00:33 NamecaF

Have you seen the "gameplay" trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4

It looks like shit. They go all the way to another freaking GALAXY and you're still running into the same alien races from the first lot of games?

And why are they all against each other if they went there on the same ship?

I was hoping for all new races and stories, but this just looks like the same ol' shite from ME2 and 3.

I was also hoping for more of a return to the first game; with the emphasis on exploration, story, role playing, etc. and less on the constant gunplay and combat every 15 seconds. I mean, honestly, it's like "Michael Bay" came and took over on the sequels.

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
9. removed Dec 24, 2016, 05:44 NamecaF

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 24, 2016, 10:26.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released
9. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 20, 2016, 06:40 NamecaF

DarkCntry wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 03:52:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 03:03:
Quinn wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 01:57:
fds wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 00:30:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 21:48:
Whew, thankfully bethesda aren't a bunch of dumbasses who would post major spoilers of the game, in a press release.

What do you mean? I have reread the whole thing multiple times and there's not a hint of a spoiler in it. All it contains is a brief description of the non-interactive intro sequence at the very beginning of the game.

I think he somehow wasn't being sarcastic.

Hehe, nah, I was being sarcastic. Well a sarcastic idiot, if fds is correct. Let's see if I owe bethesda and the world an apology.

What I mean is...I read it once and it spoiled the story. Here's the quote, since apparently need to point it out.

...the mad witch Delilah seizes the throne the fate of your Empire is left hanging in the balance...

So that's not a story spoiler in a PR release? Remember just like millions of other gamers I still haven't played it. I'm not even sure what to say about fds's claim there is no story anymore. Apparently they are just levels for you to run around in. Not sure why bethesda didn't think of this before. They could have saved all the money paid for the stories, in their previous games!
Can you be spoiled by being told something that takes place about 10 minutes into the game, which is right after the tutorial sequence?

Ignoring the tutorial, it is literally the introduction sequence that starts the game proper, before you choose to play as Corvo or Emily. Or is that a spoiler too?

So yeah, he's an idiot. He even thinks Bethesda made it. They just released it. It was made by Arkane Studios.

But I agree the story is pretty bad. It's really weak compared to the first game, which is a real shame.

While it was "technically" quite good and I enjoyed all of the gimmicks of each level, Arkane definitely bad some very strange decisions with the sequel.

The worst of which was the (mis)casting and mediocre performances of the voice cast in my opinion. With the exception of Emily they were all entirely forgettable.

The Duke, Ramsey, Delilah and the new Outsider were all absolutely atrocious. Most of the performances were either embarrassingly "over-the-top" caricatures (when they should have been intimidating, menacing or serious) while others were just plain B-grade level bad!

And there were some big name actors too, like Vincent D'Onofrio and Sam Rockwell; Who are great actors, so they should have killed it!

And I know it was just fan service to use the voice actor from the original Thief games to voice Corvo Attano, but that dude cant act for shit... his performance was cringe-worthy.

You know, even Sokolov sounded worse in this one - and that was the same guy voicing him from the first game.

My bet is on abysmal directing. Either a straight up bad/inexperience voice director or it was all done separate to the game and the actors simply had no reference or idea of how they were meant to be interacting and sounding.

I really wish they had have stuck with the original voice actors from the first game too (eg. Meagan Foster, The Outsider). While Rosario Dawson did a good enough job, the Penguin guy was definitely bad.

It's like they decided to screw continuity and world building and just go all Hollywood and use "big names" even when the originals did perfectly good jobs last time.

Side-note: And was it just me who thought that Corvo and the Duke should have sounded more Mediterranean (Spanish or Italian accents)? You know, seeing as they're both native Serkonans and all.

All in all, it was a mixed bag. Which is a shame because I loved the original.

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners
7. Re: No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 5, 2016, 22:58 NamecaF

So reading between the lines you're saying we should just pirate it instead? Gotcha.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 5, 2016, 21:02 NamecaF

Idiocracy is now a reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hetaBX00wtI

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 19, 2016, 00:31 NamecaF

That Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12 Performance Review is hilarious. What were the DX12 team even doing? As if anyone needed *another* reason not to move to Windows 10. LOL  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 18, 2016, 01:38 NamecaF

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 21:50:
That Apple related news bit is really amazing, first off, they aren't repairing nor fixing it, they are replacing phones, and secondly, they don't move your data over, so good luck to you getting your phone back to how it was before. That's really shitty customer service

And you have to pay them $149 for the privilege

I still dont understand the mentality of the iSheep cult

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 16, 2016, 20:56 NamecaF

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 19:20:
And not that long ago if you mentioned something like this everyone would call you a conspiracy nut and say there's no way it could ever happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 21:01.

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo