Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 359 (Amateur)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Sep 13, 2017, 22:30 NamecaF

Squirmer wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 19:07:
I think he's implying that if you're a white guy you really don't have the same perspective on someone throwing around racist insults. Stow that reverse racism bullshit.

Fuck you, that is the definition of racism right there. You're judging someone based on the colour of their skin.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 7, 2017, 10:04 NamecaF

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 05:15:
2AA batteries weigh around 50g extra (making the mouse weigh around 150g to 170g (due to the wifi chip needing a high-gain antenna, meaning metal lining everywhere)

In comparison. A 518MX Refurb, wired, weighs 106g total....

So I think that's way too heavy, I think 100 to 110g is the optimal weight for a mouse, and anything beyond (or below) that is a no buy for me. (in fact the only wireless mice I really liked was the G900), the original 518MX for example, was always a bit too heavy for me.

I really don't fancy this having AA batteries too, why no Li-Ion bag cell that can recharge? Would reduce weight substantially AND give you the ability to recharge your mouse. Instead of adding to the pile of waste batteries that cost actual effort to dispose....

Btw,
G602 -> 153g
G900 -> 107g (very good mouse using Li-Ion cell)

So why the hell goes Logitech back to AA batteries?

Edit: reading more about it, I guess because no Li-ion cell can match 2 AA batteries in power (but in exchange for no recharging, you get a mouse that's 50g~ heavier..) still, if 500hrs is for real that is very good. But it also means your mouse is gonna die non gracefully. Have been on the receiving end of "2 AA batteries for your device" with steam controller.... and while that claim with it lasting that long isn't fake, (mine last 3 months!) it's always a bother to need AA batteries since it just adds more things I need to bother buying at some point....

And obviously because it only dies every 3 month, I always forget to buy AA batteries....

Dude, just buy some good quality rechargeable AA batteries. Just need 4 of them (2 in the mouse and 2 ready to go when they die) and just alternate them.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Tomb Raider The Dagger Of Xian is a fan-made remake of Tomb Raider using the Unreal Engine 4 Sep 5, 2017, 01:40 NamecaF

FFS. Why!? Why do they keep doing this?

Any day now, they're gonna receive a cease and desist from Square Enix or whoever owns the Tomb Raider IP now and all that effort will be for nothing.

Keep it quiet, work on it in secret, then release the finished thing on BitTorrent. Decentralise that shit so they cant force you to remove the files from server(s) and then, ONLY then, will it survive to see the light of day and get the biggest possible exposure and release to the widest possible audience.

What dont these people understand?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 23, 2017, 03:01 NamecaF

I honestly cant see how it could be any worse than Luke Cage. That shit was fucking unwatchable.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 11, 2017, 10:14 NamecaF

Why the fuck does anyone even give that wanker the time of day? Honestly, it boggles the mind.

Not saying he doesnt have a point, but he the last guy you'd hold up as credible or worth listening to FFS.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Adds Tier 1 Mode
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Adds Tier 1 Mode Jun 29, 2017, 01:24 NamecaF

Fuck they've ruined this franchise.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 24, 2017, 00:52 NamecaF

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 21:47:
You wanna know the best thing about Domino's drones delivering my pie, no tipping.

They deliver pies now? Pizza's werent enough?

News Comments > Fable Fortune Announced
6. Re: Fable Fortune Announced Jun 9, 2017, 01:19 NamecaF

Fuck off with these collectible card games already. Seriously. WTF.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 DLC Next Week
4. Re: Titanfall 2 DLC Next Week May 27, 2017, 02:03 NamecaF

Aero wrote on May 26, 2017, 21:49:
I never did try the multiplayer, so the DLC doesn't have any appeal to me. The SP was pretty damn good, though.

They ought to focus more on that in the future.

"Blasphemy! No one plays SP anymore!"
-Videogame Publishers

News Comments > RiME Time
2. Re: RiME Time May 27, 2017, 02:01 NamecaF

Definitely looks Spanish based on the art style.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 12, 2017, 21:55 NamecaF

This comment was edited on May 12, 2017, 22:27.

News Comments > How Does Prey Run?
9. Re: How Does Prey Run? May 7, 2017, 07:01 NamecaF

LOC wrote on May 5, 2017, 15:32:
Considering the game runs on CryEngine, I'd hope it runs pretty good - especially on PC. Dishonored 2 used their own engine (but really, it was just a spruced up Dishonored 1 engine which was you know what). So yeah, didn't even know Prey was using CryEngine!

No, Dishonored 2 used the Void engine (which was based on id Tech 5). The original Dishonored used Unreal Engine 3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dishonored_2#Development

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed
4. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed May 7, 2017, 02:37 NamecaF

jacobvandy wrote on May 6, 2017, 22:33:
Overkill is the name of the studio making it (the guys known for Payday). If that's a part of the official title, it's either a licensing requirement of differentiation or a play on "AMC's The Walking Dead," I reckon.

I'd say more likely to differentiate from "Telltale's The Walking Dead"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2017, 02:27 NamecaF

Blue, go in with low expectations and you'll enjoy it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2017, 00:29 NamecaF

Talutha wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:00:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 15:08:
jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:38:
PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds developer already looking to port the game to Xbox One.

Maybe focus on finishing the game first? You've already made enough money to retire on.

Wtf

Why would he finish it? It's already made enough money for him to retire on. Finishing the game for those who've already paid for it doesn't bring in any extra cash. Porting it, otoh, is an entirely fresh new revenue stream, so he can retire in style.

That said, why port it to the Xbone? Why not port it to the PS4?

I'm glad either of you decided to actually read the article you're commenting on. Oh wait, you didn't.

Right now, the focus is on getting the PC version out of Early Access, which Greene previously said would take five or six months. That’s where the majority of resources are going.

“We have no time frame yet exactly on Xbox [One] or PlayStation [4], but we are looking at it,” he reiterated.

That seems a common theme around here. They all just read the headlines. Too much effort to actually read the articles?

News Comments > Quake Champions: New Trailer and Beta Keys Giveway
1. Re: Quake Champions: New Trailer and Beta Keys Giveway May 3, 2017, 23:00 NamecaF

I'd be interested in one of those keys, Blue.  

News Comments > Strafe Preorders
3. Re: Strafe Preorders Apr 29, 2017, 23:52 NamecaF

Brilliant website!

http://www.strafe1996.com/news.html

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 26, 2017, 08:16 NamecaF

That'll teach them no good, rotten pirates!

America, Fuck Yeah!

News Comments > Scanner Sombre This Week
2. Re: Scanner Sombre This Week Apr 25, 2017, 01:15 NamecaF

Someone's been watching a bit too much Prometheus. They just combined the scanners with the holograms.

Either way, looks boring.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Take-Two shuts down Red Dead Redemption mod for Grand Theft Auto V Apr 23, 2017, 17:03 NamecaF

As if this surprises anyone. How did they think they'd get away with it in the first place?  

359 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo