Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NamecaF

Real Name NamecaF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NamecaF
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2012, 01:34
Total Comments 441 (Amateur)
User ID 57354

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 21, 2018, 00:33 NamecaF

Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2018, 23:57:
Booohooohooo.
(Edit: Just to clarify, I do not in any way condone death threats, harassment or fucking bomb threats against people over a goddamn videogame. Kill every piece of shit that did that.)

Inciting death threats against those who made death threats? Fantastic logic there, mate.

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Fans Are Remaking LOTR: The Battle for Middle-earth Using Unreal Engine 4 Jun 30, 2018, 10:25 NamecaF

Cease and desist from EA's legal team in 3... 2... 1...

When will people learn? You dont announce shit until its ready for release.

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

News Comments > The Slater Announced
2. Re: The Slater Announced Jun 28, 2018, 11:05 NamecaF

LOL. That looks terrible.  
-RedEye9

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans?
13. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans? Jun 22, 2018, 23:02 NamecaF

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 18:26:
Darks wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 12:01:
bunch of assholes!

That sums it up perfectly in a very distinguished and eloquent way. I could not have said it better myself!

Yeah, I would have gone with "bunch of cunts!" myself. But "assholes" is definitely more distinguished and less offensive to people like Beamer and RedEye.

-RedEye9

News Comments > XENONAUTS 2 Kickstarter and Alpha Combat Demo
2. Re: XENONAUTS 2 Kickstarter and Alpha Combat Demo Jun 21, 2018, 03:23 NamecaF

"including a confirmation of previous indications that this will be a chronological sequel to the original game"

...and then...

"Xenonauts-2 is not a chronological sequel to the first Xenonauts but rather an updated portrayal of similar events."

-RedEye9

News Comments > Sniper Rust VR Released
1. Re: Sniper Rust VR Released Jun 19, 2018, 23:04 NamecaF

"photorealistic environments"

WTF are they smoking?

-RedEye9

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2018, 22:37 NamecaF

Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 15:45:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 15:40:
Eventually through the 'unintended' process of eradicating the nazi symbol from the 'history books' the swastika will return to being a symbol of good luck.

Might take a 100 years but I think it'll happen.

https://flashbak.com/the-coca-cola-swastika-12321/

Or, perhaps, no one will see an undesireable logo inside a game without people meaning for it to be there.

No one thinks it will ever go back to good luck. Nor is removing it from a damn cartoon game removing it from history books. I don't get what is wrong with people. How in the hell is taking something accidentally in a cartoon game at all comparable to removing it from history books?

You free speech people are so obsessed with nazi symbols that it overrides any critical thinking power you have.

Nutjobs like you obsessed with calling for censorship of accidental symbols overrides any common sense you might have.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Nerdist, others disavow Chris Hardwick in the wake of ex Chloe Dykstra’s post detailing abuse Jun 16, 2018, 22:22 NamecaF

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 15:08:
Flatline wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 14:31:
NamecaF wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 00:04:
And everyone's just assuming its this Chris Hardwick, she never mentioned who it was by name.

That's probably so she doesn't have to get sued.

But please tell me someone else that she dated during her 20's that fits the details of the posting. It's pretty specific on multiple accounts.

This is a pretty thin argument to defend him with.
You're attempting to use logic on an angry white man, that shit don't fly.

No, its avoiding the issue completely, and as usual the trolling white man yucks up another fallacy.

-RedEye9

9. Re: Nerdist, others disavow Chris Hardwick in the wake of ex Chloe Dykstra’s post detailing abuse Jun 16, 2018, 22:19 NamecaF

Flatline wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 14:31:
And everyone's just assuming its this Chris Hardwick, she never mentioned who it was by name.

That's probably so she doesn't have to get sued.

But please tell me someone else that she dated during her 20's that fits the details of the posting. It's pretty specific on multiple accounts.

This is a pretty thin argument to defend him with.

I cant tell you someone else that she dated during her 20s that dits the details because like everyone else, we dont know. That's the point. Everyone is just assuming its him but that shit can ruin people. What dont you understand about that?

This isnt about him anyway. People were condemning the Nerdist website and saying they'll never work for it again when it has nothing do with the person everyone assumes she's talking about.

Get your head out of your arse.

-RedEye9

5. Re: Nerdist, others disavow Chris Hardwick in the wake of ex Chloe Dykstra’s post detailing abuse Jun 16, 2018, 08:54 NamecaF

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 06:09:
Trial by social media is a fucking scourge. Fuck you lefties.

I agree that trial by social media is terrible, but let me point out two things. The guy is no longer associated with Nerdist, or hasn't been for about a year.

Tell that to Scott Weinberg and the rest of the knee-jerk reactionists then Rolleyes

-RedEye9

2. Re: Nerdist, others disavow Chris Hardwick in the wake of ex Chloe Dykstra’s post detailing abuse Jun 16, 2018, 00:04 NamecaF

Fuck this shit has gotten out of hand. People abandoning and condemning sites that have nothing to do with anything she complained about is fucking disgusting.

Trial by social media is a fucking scourge. Fuck you lefties.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 15, 2018, 00:24 NamecaF

Russian, American or Chinese backdoors. Choose one.  
-RedEye9

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2018, 01:48 NamecaF

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 22:31:
I'll admit, including Star Fox in the Switch version took Starlink from "meh" to "pre-ordered" for me. Also pretty stoked for the DK expansion for Mario + Rabbids; it was really cool when they performed the score for the trailer live on stage.

You sir, are what is wrong with gaming these days. *sigh*

-RedEye9

News Comments > EA Announces Origin Access Premiere
8. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 9, 2018, 23:38 NamecaF

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 22:22:
NamecaF wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 21:41:
aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:25:
so if you get Anthem & BF V with it , seems like a no brainer for less than those 2 games alone.

Except you lose access to the games if you cancel your subscription at any point. Just like Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus services. So its not worth it at all.

This is the way its moving. You will no longer own access to any games, you'll simply subscribe to a service to play games like Netflix has done for TV.

Ah I think we get that. Right we won't be owning the games. But then again I can play and end many games within that monthly fee and save a ton. Most games I don't go back to. Or look at it another way it's a traditional MMO cost, but you get their entire catalog during that time. Not sure why I'm even explaining the obvious, you got me.

Was I talking to you dickhead? Steve's post seemed to imply he thought you got those two games for less than you would buying them separately. If he knew you were effectively renting them, then of course they'd be cheaper!

Some of us prefer ownership. I revisit games I've played years ago all the time and would hate a subscription service where I'm just paying to temporarily play a couple of games from their library which I will lose access to when I unsubscribe.

Call me a commie, but that sort of consumer rape disgusts me. Not sure why I need to explain the obvious.

PS: Good luck when they inevitably remove games from their catalog which you will never be able to play again.

-RedEye9

News Comments > EA Announces Origin Access Premiere
5. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 9, 2018, 21:41 NamecaF

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:25:
so if you get Anthem & BF V with it , seems like a no brainer for less than those 2 games alone.

Except you lose access to the games if you cancel your subscription at any point. Just like Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus services. So its not worth it at all.

This is the way its moving. You will no longer own access to any games, you'll simply subscribe to a service to play games like Netflix has done for TV.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 9, 2018, 00:33 NamecaF

NKD wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 21:43:
I'm glad that they are going back to something that hasn't already been covered in depth, rather than just rewinding 15-20 years and giving us younger versions of the people we already know.

Ugh. I couldnt think of anything worse. White Walkers again? So its basically going to be Game of Thrones AGAIN with new characters.

Sounds like the least ambitious and interesting prequel idea of the bunch.

-RedEye9

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Announced
3. Re: HITMAN 2 Announced Jun 7, 2018, 20:41 NamecaF

Sean Bean's doing video game trailer voice-overs now? Is that the only way he can get a gig without being inevitably killed off? Poor bastard.  
-RedEye9

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
25. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 06:12 NamecaF

Apparently its an online survival game like DayZ and Rust.

Hard pass.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 10, 2018, 03:28 NamecaF

Rectal Prolapse wrote on May 10, 2018, 02:00:
I only have one username here. Been around since Blue's inception in fact. Although I guess I hadn't commented until a long time afterwards.

I have no idea what JP has to do with this.

I was referencing a Canadian criminal court case from two years ago. I guess you hadn't heard of it, and it seems like you don't want to anyways.

Ignore the trolls dude.

-RedEye9

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 00:28 NamecaF

CJ_Parker wrote on May 8, 2018, 23:06:
A few hours in and pretty good so far but like every Obsidian release it has "Bugs Bunny was here" written all over it (cue a fanboi claiming they had ZERO bugs both here as well as the release version of the original game in 3... 2... 1...).

There is one really bad crash early on if you take the "game over" path.
Yes, that's right, you can literally end the game after five minutes by being uncooperative so the crash is not really that bad as far as progression in the game goes but for many people, myself included, it crashes the game and locks up the PC so it's still kinda meh.

Other than that, my save import from the first game seems to have worked fine contrary to many other people (or maybe I just have a really bad memory and don't even get a chance to give a shit), no more crashes in over three hours, decent performance but lots and lots of little bugs and issues that add up.

There is also an official list of known major issues (um, so after having a beta and a delay, why does the game still ship with KNOWN MAJOR ISSUES in the first place, Obsidian, hm? Weeeelll?? Why??? ).

Anyway, guess I'm gonna keep playing for a few more hours, then shelve it for a proper playthrough around xmas when all the DLC is going to be included and when it is hopefully patched up really well.
It's certainly a special game that deserves to be played in its best possible state.
Well, and xmas is a much nicer time of year for such an epic RPG anyway.

So far, so good. Give it a few patches and then this is going to have the potential to be RPG of the Year award material.

Yeah, being an Obsidian game, I'm gonna wait a couple of years and after 30 patches or so it should be playable by then.

-RedEye9

441 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo