Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2385 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Vive Controller and PS4 Controller Coming to Steam
2. Re: New Vive Controller and PS4 Controller Coming to Steam Oct 13, 2016, 11:54 NegaDeath

Like the PS4 controller support. Already use one via Inputmapper but it doesn't change the fact that button prompts in games use the 360 layout. Hopefully official support means devs will implement both or something.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
10. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2016, 00:17 NegaDeath

I remember a time a few years ago we were celebrating the new golden age of space sims. Elite Dangerous! No Mans Sky! Star Citizen! X Rebirth! Man that did not turn out like expected. At least one of them worked out ok.  

News Comments > Hitman Season Finale Details
4. Re: Hitman Season Finale Details Oct 12, 2016, 19:19 NegaDeath

It's a bit like Skyrim where you don't really care about the story, the gameplay and depth of the world is the real attraction. And in that regard it's complex and fun. The release schedule is weird but the size and depth of each level demands you to spend time there learning it anyways. The staggered release also gives them time to look at feedback from players, though I don't have evidence of that having an effect. I like the idea of the one-off time limited challenges too. It rubs the OCD in you the wrong way, but at the same time you get a bigger rush from it since failure is permanent.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 11, 2016, 14:29 NegaDeath

Wow. Might as well just sell them as makeshift grenades to militaries at this point.

"Load VR app, count to two, and throw!"

"Oh shit it's a Note! Take cover!"

Don't really use the removable battery feature in my G4, but after reading that Wired article I think I'll continue to have that as a preferred option just in case.

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
18. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 16:49 NegaDeath

Sacrifice wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 16:33:
I know it isn't free, but I recommend checking its spiritual successor "War for the Overworld": http://buy.wftogame.com/

On a personal note I also greatly enjoyed and recommend the similar styled game Evil Genius. It's 12 years old now but the art style holds up.

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
15. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 14:25 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 13:22:
Not the apocalypse. That would require something to happen. It's more like they promise the apocalypse, but only manage to break a few dishes instead.

Their combined promise would be so impossible that it would violate the laws of physics, turning the planet inside-out with a bullshit singularity.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2016, 15:17.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2016, 19:22 NegaDeath

And when the case is thrown out for being retarded it becomes "evidence" the Gubment is out to get them!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2016, 15:22 NegaDeath

I continue to be stupidly excited for this. Between the amazing trailers, the fun beta and my love for the subject matter this is hitting all the right buttons. It feels like the change in time period back to the older style of warfare like in 1942 has given the devs a new wind.  

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
22. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 19:04 NegaDeath

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 15:23:
There're must be an explosion with lots of lens flares before that!

I'm partial to adding some Inception "BWAAAAAAAAAAAH!" too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 17:29 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 23:58:
Because when UPS brings a package into Canada they tack on a rather large "brokerage fee" for themselves whether it's warranted or not - in some cases up to 50% of the value of the shipment. And you always get dinged duty and taxes on top of that. When I get something via USPS I rarely ever get dinged duty or taxes and at most there's a $5 brokerage fee and even that's rare. I understand FedEx is almost as bad but I've had no dealings with them.

USPS doesn't ding those kinds of fees because it's considered a small parcel/letter carrier that is allowed through customs easier. There are three charges on import fees: Duty, Tax and Processing fee. Duty and Tax are a % of the declared value. What often happens is the price you buy something at isn't the same as the declared value. If you order a widget for $5 and the shipper sets the declared value at $20, you pay tax and duty on $20.

What you can blame the carrier for is exorbitant processing fees. UPS is usually the highest at around $20-$30 per entry from what I've seen. To be fair they do have to do extra work to get it through customs, usually via a different company division or brokerage house, and they bill you for it. At work we ship everything duty prepaid and our brokerage firm is set up to stop these kinds of surprises on the customer end. But I know a lot of companies don't bother taking that step or just plain won't ship across the border. On the rare occasion we have a vendor dropship to a customer instead of us handling it ourselves sometimes the customer gets a customs bill I have to take care of. Really annoying. It's 2016 people, start thinking globablly and make it easier to ship to your customers.

And when you start moving palletized freight there is yet another layer of "stuff" added on you have to consider. And you start working through NAFTA and find some items that have clearly protectionist super-duties piled on to discourage trade. Good times.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2016, 17:39.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 29, 2016, 17:16 NegaDeath

The explosion feature was enhanced so spies and the military can use phones as emergency C4. Think of it like Bond's exploding pen. Nothing beats finding whole new markets for your products.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 17:13 NegaDeath

One penis spider bite is a horrible accident. Two might be a fetish. I do not dare try to confirm if this is a real thing on the interwebz, the places I would have to go frighten me.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2016, 00:28 NegaDeath

Lock down your login on platforms we lobby to give us backdoors into. But don't ENCRYPT the device, that's too locked down for us to get in to.  

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 28, 2016, 14:04 NegaDeath

Forced UI updates move the controls around. The ignition is now located under a sub-sub menu in the radio settings panel. Dashboard display removed because it's antiquated, supposed to use search bar or voice controls instead.

Driver: "Cortana, what speed am I traveling?"
Stupid car: "Speed. Movie. 1994. Starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock..."

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2016, 14:09.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 28, 2016, 11:30 NegaDeath

Maybe the car will shut down at inopportune times to install updates.  

News Comments > Hitman Episode 5 Released
3. Re: Hitman Episode 5 Released Sep 27, 2016, 13:46 NegaDeath

Didn't really get into the previous Bangkok level, Sapienza is still the best stage by far. But sniping rednecks seems like a good way to get back in.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 23, 2016, 12:02 NegaDeath

Prez wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 11:21:
I had just been thinking to myself recently that we haven't heard anything from Anita Sarkeesian lately. So I guess this is my fault. Sorry everyone.

What did you do, Ray Prez!?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Into the Black Sep 17, 2016, 22:01 NegaDeath

robdot wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 20:42:
Snowden didn't say anything that hadn't been known for years. His mistake was he accessed and exposed the data. But the fact of the warrentless wiretapping had been widely reported for many years.

Reported is one thing, having proof of it is another. You can't fight something you have no proof of.

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 19:23:
Perhaps, but like Manning, he deserves jail time. He also deserves a pardon. Chelsea Manning was active duty at the time of her crime.

Manning received a years worth of solitary confinement, was denied basic human amenities and dignity, her mind broke down and she tried to commit suicide. The govts response to that is to charge her for attempted suicide and threaten more solitary confinement. I sincerely hope you aren't advocating these kinds of punishments should be dished out to more people. This whole thing is beyond fucked up.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2016, 22:15.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 16, 2016, 13:24 NegaDeath

We are the Twitch. Remove your Pawns and surrender your King. Your Grandmaster experience will adapt to service us. Resistance is checkmate.  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
2. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 15, 2016, 19:37 NegaDeath

Uh oh here we go again. Still the last one was good, so polish away boys.  

2385 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo