Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2385 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2016, 11:12 NegaDeath

Nothing a propriety adapter with high profit margins can't fix.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2016, 20:10 NegaDeath

"Episode VIII: Return of Luke actually saying something"  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
7. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 14:52 NegaDeath

Dropping depth of field from the highest setting to the next one down feels like it doubles my framerate. Guess my 970 doesn't like it.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2016, 13:19 NegaDeath

Sonofa...I really liked that site and the stuff they did. Hope some of them do a new youtube channel or something.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2016, 23:11 NegaDeath

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 21:25:
But yeah go ahead and buy the release version with cut content, bugs and only DirectX 11. Show those Microsofties just how much of a bunch of suckers you really are!

This perceived victory of yours by stealing or boycotting a product exists only in your head. I admire your internal fantasy world where you strike down Microsoft by denying a 3rd party a purchase but in the real world it doesn't matter. At all. So enjoy your hard won battle and quit shitting on people who are in the hobby to enjoy playing games instead of enjoying not playing them. Good day.

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced
6. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced Jan 26, 2016, 13:41 NegaDeath

How to make a good Turtles game.

Step 1) Look up Turtles in Time
Step 2) Do that

Or at least I wish it was that easy. Even a remake of that excellent game turned out bad.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 13:31 NegaDeath

Fantastic on a technical level and the ships control and feel amazing, but it's just so short of it's potential. I look forward to seeing it evolve more they have an amazing foundation to build on.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2016, 10:21 NegaDeath

Ok no more deaths for now please. Damn.

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 09:58:
By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged!

Shit I forgot he was in that. That's going to hurt the chances of the oft-rumored sequel coming to fruition. Damn.

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
4. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 10:51 NegaDeath

It really is never going to come out, is it? Sigh.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 7, 2016, 00:59 NegaDeath

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 00:33:
Am I missing something cause it doesn't look like it's been visually upgraded as the PC Gamer article mentioned.

The output resolution is modernized, the character models were upgraded from the original release (more polys, sharper textures) and the FMV's come from a sharper or uncompressed master they apparently still had laying around. All the static backgrounds are the original low-res versions which makes any differences hard to see.

Edit: Also should mention it won't suffer from the two of the annoying limitations of the original platform, unfiltered textures and the lack of a Z-buffer (janky poly movement).

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2016, 01:12.

News Comments > Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies
4. Re: Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies Jan 6, 2016, 17:04 NegaDeath

Not surprising after their company president was killed by a crazy guy with a giant katana and his successor was blown up by a monster.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
11. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 12:33 NegaDeath

Too rich for my blood, especially after just buying a new monitor. I'll wait for the economies of scale to kick in and buy it when it's been further refined and cheaper.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2016, 18:16 NegaDeath

RE: The "nothing to hide" argument, beyond the real personal ramifications one can reason out with even a cursory examination of the topic, is still an incredibly selfish argument. Mathematically it's entirely probable it won't be used against you. What about other people? Is it ok for power to be abused so long as it happens to someone else? Journalists critical of the people in power? Whistleblowers? Opposition members of government? Rival businesses of someone in power? evidence exists that this has already happened. There are things that happen outside ones sheltered, insular personal life that affect society as a whole.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX PC Plans
10. Re: Into the Black Dec 31, 2015, 20:37 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 20:22:
Yeah, I was more thinking of an HD re-release, which they are pretending this to be, though if I watch the video it doesn't really appear like much of one.

It does look like it is just upscaled and filtered, which frankly is sufficient for me as long as they don't fuck up the controls on PC. Though those FMV's look higher quality than the PSX version had so I wonder if they still had those sitting around somewhere in a higher res or uncompressed master.

Regardless keep up the work Square. Tactics is next.

Edit: Actually looking at some comparison shots on NEOGAF it looks like they've upgraded the character models too.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2015, 20:46.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
4. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 10:31 NegaDeath

I've been cynical on this game in the past and I'm big enough to admit this is sexy as hell. Amazing atmosphere rendering, love the planetary glow from orbit view.  

News Comments > Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed
6. Re: Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed Dec 16, 2015, 11:34 NegaDeath

Freeeedooooooooooooom![/MelGibson]

He's finally escaped the company that appears determined to burn every bridge with the gaming community there is. Don't know the details of who's decision it was to have the guy to keep doing MGS over and over and over (not that the quality suffered) but if it was a Konami decision it'll be nice to see him spread his wings again. Do something weird or fresh. Hell do a pseudo Snatcher sequel (sans license) or something.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2015, 12:50 NegaDeath

Won't be seeing it until next week so I need to be extra vigilant on spoilers. I'm watching you internet! Nono

Imagine how bad it would have been in the 80's trying to avoid ESB's big reveal if the internet existed then.

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Dec 15, 2015, 01:05 NegaDeath

OpticNerve wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 00:24:
Looks like this rumor was true: http://screenrant.com/star-trek-3-rumor-guardians-galaxy/

Damn I was going to say it had Guardian vibes but was hoping that was just the trailer editing. From Trek to NuTrek to MarvelTrek.

Also looks like they dun blowed up another Enterprise. To quote a better incarnation of the series, there are plenty of letters left in the alphabet.

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
26. Re: Into the Black Dec 13, 2015, 17:54 NegaDeath

Just as long as it isn't another boring "modern" one. 2143 would be good. I wouldn't mind seeing a return to Vietnam either now that modern technology can render a jungle properly.  

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
58. Re: Into the Black Dec 11, 2015, 21:27 NegaDeath

Aside from the shallow depth, serious balance issues (and I don't mean the asymmetrical game modes) and lack of server browser/crappy matchmaking/low player counts, team balancing seems nonexistent. All too often matches become utterly one-sided debacles with all the best players on one team. This is seriously basic shit Dice, zero excuse.  

2385 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo