Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2315 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2015, 20:52 NegaDeath

walrus1 wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:23:
I've preordered a few times from them and never ever had a problem. I also haven't heard about these "tons" of people who got their keys late.

I got my Battlefront key just tonight, but it worked and everything's fine. They're at a 7/8 success rate in my experience with that one bad tick being a very minor issue. And I've saved $10-$20 each time, works for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:26 NegaDeath

SlimRam wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:04:
Charlie Sheen says he has HIV virus, has paid millions to keep it secret.

I think I would have been more surprised to hear that he DIDN'T have HIV?

I'd be surprised if HIV was the only thing he had. Strikes me as the sort to have a brew of things cooking inside him. Maybe Simpsons was right and it's the secret to immortality?

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
27. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 17, 2015, 13:23 NegaDeath

GMG is awesome never had a problem until this week and it's only a minor problem. Saving $10-$20 per game adds up. Over time the gains outweigh the risks.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2015, 20:51 NegaDeath

It does look weird, like the worst parts of the Hobbit movie did. The CGI doesn't mesh with the live actors and the whole look is giving me an uncanny valley vibe I can't explain. Didn't find the editing all that great either. Could still turn out ok but it isn't looking it so far.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2015, 15:00 NegaDeath

Damnit Abrams, I don't want to be hurt again. But you keep releasing these sexy trailers that rekindle that inner child from 30 years ago.

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
21. Re: Into the Black Nov 5, 2015, 21:56 NegaDeath

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 19:39:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 19:27:
Are you guys getting angrier every day? Almost every post from you guys is like "I'M SO ANGRY! GRRRRRRR" Furious2

Take a chill pill.

+1

I've been thinking this for awhile, the place has become really negative lately. Aside from a couple of titles each new game is treated like it's the worst thing ever. Bummer. I admit I've been sucked into it too, but it just isn't good for the community.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2015, 23:54 NegaDeath

Meh, gonna need to see something better to have any interest. Maybe if they built additional pylons.  

News Comments > DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games
2. Re: DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games Oct 27, 2015, 16:58 NegaDeath

Some good news regarding copyright for a change.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 11:15 NegaDeath

With a guy like that running things it's no wonder Lucasarts folded. KOTOR, a series based off his own movies, has one of the best plot twists in gaming history.  

News Comments > Konami Denies Kojima Exit
4. Re: Konami Denies Kojima Exit Oct 20, 2015, 10:50 NegaDeath

"Hideo Kojima"

"Who's he?"

"You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot."

"Oh, yeah."

"Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here."

"I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck."

"So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch."

"Great."

"So, uh, Hideo has been let go?"

"Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally."

"We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end."

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
2. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 19, 2015, 18:41 NegaDeath

End of an era. And now Konami becomes a gambling machine/mobile developer. Yikes. Can't fault them for going where the money is but it's tough to watch such a longtime and high quality developer go this way.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
12. Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2015, 20:38 NegaDeath

Strangely enough in my experience with a couple strong players the game could easily become overbalanced in either teams favor not just Empire. If you save your orbital strikes for when the AT-AT's are vulnerable and aim for the head you can do huge damage and end the match right there. The way the fighter spawns work seems to easily create situations where if one team gets an air advantage its very easy to maintain it for the match. Oh well that's what betas and data mining are for.  

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
21. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 14:44 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 14:36:
Hahahahaha! Thing is, I'd get it on Origin, so there wouldn't be anything under the tree anyway. I suppose I could make something...

You could print off the cover art and slip it into a card or something. I did that for my buddy with Stick of Truth, gifted it the day of so he wouldn't see it beforehand.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed Oct 13, 2015, 12:08 NegaDeath

Arithon wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 07:13:
There were two stand-alone expansions for BF1942 did not affect multi-play but added single player campaigns and cost 15 each (less than $10). So the grand total for all of it was 55 ($84). Bear in mind the two expansions were additional games, not just a pack of four maps.

The original BattleFront was the "StarWars total conversion" mod for BF1942, but was sued out of existence by LucasArts so they could release their "official" version, developed by Pandemic.

The irony is that this BattleFront, the least like a Battlefield or Battlefront game, is made by DICE - the makers of BattleField.

You might want to check your facts there. Both expansions to 1942 were multiplayer focused expansions. Road to Rome added 6 maps and some new weapons and vehicles. Secret Weapons of Normandy added 8 maps and more weapons and vehicles. At launch R2R cost $20 and SWoN cost $30, neither was $10. You also have to factor in inflation to make a proper dollar comparison. Not to mention development costs back then were a fraction of what they are now.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 12, 2015, 20:48 NegaDeath

I'm enjoying the beta but won't be paying that kind of money. Look forward to a sale.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2015, 17:25 NegaDeath

So to summarize the prosecution believes they can deny the defendant the resources to mount a defense because they think they have a solid case. Leave it to the DOJ to make a troll like Dotcom look like an utter saint in comparison.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
44. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 14:17 NegaDeath

Credit where it's due, those are the best game explosions I've ever seen. I've been waiting for someone to actually attempt realistic ship damage and breakup since....Bridge Commander? Especially like the internal corridor shot. Of course the game still has to come out, etc.  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
5. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 12:13 NegaDeath

Played for a bit last night, enjoyed it. I suck of course and I foolishly tried to take on fellow PC gamers with a gamepad on the couch but it was still chaotic fun. I was surprised I didn't have much of an issue not being able to drive the AT-AT's like the older Battlefronts. The way the map is designed with the constant push forward and the multiple AT-AT weapons you need to juggle I didn't have much time to think about turning. Not sure if I want to buy yet but it's worth more of a look this long weekend (side note: woo!).  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2015, 13:12 NegaDeath

Damn kids and their rock music are ruining the nation.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 14:30 NegaDeath

Are the politicians who called for his literal assassination, among other incredibly unethical and/or illegal "black op" style punishments, still in power? They are? Don't come back. The majority of the zombie public still doesn't understand in the slightest what you did either so there's insufficient support there. It might take years for things to turn around, if ever.  

2315 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo