Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2332 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX PC Plans
10. Re: Into the Black Dec 31, 2015, 20:37 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 20:22:
Yeah, I was more thinking of an HD re-release, which they are pretending this to be, though if I watch the video it doesn't really appear like much of one.

It does look like it is just upscaled and filtered, which frankly is sufficient for me as long as they don't fuck up the controls on PC. Though those FMV's look higher quality than the PSX version had so I wonder if they still had those sitting around somewhere in a higher res or uncompressed master.

Regardless keep up the work Square. Tactics is next.

Edit: Actually looking at some comparison shots on NEOGAF it looks like they've upgraded the character models too.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2015, 20:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
4. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 10:31 NegaDeath

I've been cynical on this game in the past and I'm big enough to admit this is sexy as hell. Amazing atmosphere rendering, love the planetary glow from orbit view.  

News Comments > Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed
6. Re: Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed Dec 16, 2015, 11:34 NegaDeath

Freeeedooooooooooooom![/MelGibson]

He's finally escaped the company that appears determined to burn every bridge with the gaming community there is. Don't know the details of who's decision it was to have the guy to keep doing MGS over and over and over (not that the quality suffered) but if it was a Konami decision it'll be nice to see him spread his wings again. Do something weird or fresh. Hell do a pseudo Snatcher sequel (sans license) or something.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2015, 12:50 NegaDeath

Won't be seeing it until next week so I need to be extra vigilant on spoilers. I'm watching you internet! Nono

Imagine how bad it would have been in the 80's trying to avoid ESB's big reveal if the internet existed then.

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Dec 15, 2015, 01:05 NegaDeath

OpticNerve wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 00:24:
Looks like this rumor was true: http://screenrant.com/star-trek-3-rumor-guardians-galaxy/

Damn I was going to say it had Guardian vibes but was hoping that was just the trailer editing. From Trek to NuTrek to MarvelTrek.

Also looks like they dun blowed up another Enterprise. To quote a better incarnation of the series, there are plenty of letters left in the alphabet.

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
26. Re: Into the Black Dec 13, 2015, 17:54 NegaDeath

Just as long as it isn't another boring "modern" one. 2143 would be good. I wouldn't mind seeing a return to Vietnam either now that modern technology can render a jungle properly.  

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
58. Re: Into the Black Dec 11, 2015, 21:27 NegaDeath

Aside from the shallow depth, serious balance issues (and I don't mean the asymmetrical game modes) and lack of server browser/crappy matchmaking/low player counts, team balancing seems nonexistent. All too often matches become utterly one-sided debacles with all the best players on one team. This is seriously basic shit Dice, zero excuse.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2015, 13:32 NegaDeath

InBlack wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 12:39:
Im not sure Gsync is worth it. Im thinking of buying a new monitor and everyone Ive asked swears by the 144Hz monitors. Apparently you can't notice the screen tearing and the smoothness and response is almost on the level of the old CRTs.

144Hz will make it less noticeable but tearing will still happen as it doesn't fix the two devices being out of sync. The only way to eliminate it completely without resorting to crappy vsync is GSync/Freesync.

As a side note my ailing & ancient 1080p 60hz panel will finally be replaced by a glorious 1440p/144hz/IPS/Gsync panel this week. Fingers crossed I win the QC lottery. Fingerscrossed

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2015, 10:02 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 09:55:
I can only hope that that guy and Trump are somehow involved in an violently painful, yet slow motion car crash, that takes several hours to finish.

If the crash is too slow it'll give Trump enough time to give a speech about banning car sales until officials can get a handle on car crashes.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 8, 2015, 11:55 NegaDeath

After how well Witcher 3 turned out I'd love it to be true, but I simply can't see them having enough resources to work on both at the same time and have 2077 that far along already,  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 13:47 NegaDeath

I think a good case was made that the problem with Lucas isn't that he lost his touch or soul but that he's always needed to be filtered. He's a wonderfully creative guy on paper but someone else needs to put it on screen. Some of the stuff he wanted to do for IV was batshit insane too, budgetary and creative interference weeded out the dumb bits. I don't think it's a coincidence the universally agreed on two best movies of the 6 happened to be the ones he was least in control of.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 15:30 NegaDeath

Flatline wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 14:45:
Yeah the problem was "going there" to begin with. It basically reads like bad fanfic, and ignores that at this point in time it's Space Seed that you should be paying homage to, not 20-years-later Wrath of Khan.

That's it exactly a bad fanfic. I'm sure they thought it sounded clever to attempt a reversal of Spock's death scene like a fanfic writer would. But it seemed like they had neither the understanding of why it was such a strong moment in the original movie and had nowhere near sufficient buildup of the characters in Nu-Trek to pull it off.

14. Re: Into the Black Nov 30, 2015, 19:28 NegaDeath

Shineyguy wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 13:25:
Agreed, was really hoping to see some sort of deal on a 27" 1440P IPS G-Sync monitor, but nothing out there...

I've seen some deals on the Acer XB270HU now that it's direct successor is due to launch in NA imminently. Though the first gen 1440P/IPS/GSync/120+Hz panels did had some QC issues....

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing
9. Re: FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing Nov 30, 2015, 16:04 NegaDeath

One of these days IX will get some love. One of these days.  

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
11. Re: Into the Black Nov 25, 2015, 21:54 NegaDeath

Xero wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:32:
I wish Dragon Age Inquisition was on Steam. It's on sale for 14.99 which is awesome but I absolutely hate Origin and anything to do with EA.

Also to note the DLC for Inquisition is on sale too. It's bloody f'ing rare for Bioware DLC to go on sale, though this game doesn't use those annoying "Bioware points" so hopefully it's a positive change in that policy.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2015, 12:16 NegaDeath

beigemore wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:51:
Kind of strange considering the original Xbox and the Xbone both use x86 compatible CPUs.

Got to be careful there, while there are similarities to PC's the fact is the console developers code a lot closer to the hardware. It gives better performance but it leaves little room for error. Even minor changes in the hardware or OS between two generations could break compatibility. I remember on the N64 a few games would react badly to the presence of accessories released after the games were developed, and that was on the same platform. It's incredibly easy to break shit like that.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2015, 22:41 NegaDeath

Just maybe it has something to do with how scummy gawker can be. Like when they publicly revealed a mans private sexual affairs and orientation in a hit job that would make even the tabloids think twice. Hard to feel bad for that kind of "journalism".

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 22:48.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2015, 20:52 NegaDeath

walrus1 wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:23:
I've preordered a few times from them and never ever had a problem. I also haven't heard about these "tons" of people who got their keys late.

I got my Battlefront key just tonight, but it worked and everything's fine. They're at a 7/8 success rate in my experience with that one bad tick being a very minor issue. And I've saved $10-$20 each time, works for me.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:26 NegaDeath

SlimRam wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:04:
Charlie Sheen says he has HIV virus, has paid millions to keep it secret.

I think I would have been more surprised to hear that he DIDN'T have HIV?

I'd be surprised if HIV was the only thing he had. Strikes me as the sort to have a brew of things cooking inside him. Maybe Simpsons was right and it's the secret to immortality?

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
27. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 17, 2015, 13:23 NegaDeath

GMG is awesome never had a problem until this week and it's only a minor problem. Saving $10-$20 per game adds up. Over time the gains outweigh the risks.  

2332 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo