Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2332 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2016, 16:29 NegaDeath

If the goal of the yellow tint glasses is to try and reduce the harsh blue spectrum of light from the PC monitor give f.lux a try first. It's free. Makes a huge difference for me at night.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 22, 2016, 11:40 NegaDeath

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 10:39:
The chip is fucking stupid, a pin is fucking smart. You steal my card physically you have the chip just like my number. If you use a chip card online it doesn't validate the chip then. HELL-O?

The chip is designed to protect you and the bank from card skimmers not physical theft. Card skimmers often include some form of PIN capture. Can't speak to read delays it causes but the transaction is a matter of seconds up here in Canada. But then we deployed chip cards years ago so our systems may be better set up for it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 13:41 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:55:
Is it POSSIBLE to decrypt this iPhone, or not? Apple kept saying that it was impossible to do, so the government demands a back door which Apple rightfully refuses to do. However, there seem to be hints that writing a custom firmware for the phone will actually still allow it to be decrypted. If so, isn't that already a back door?

Apple is saying it is impossible for them to decrypt it. The way the security and encryption was designed even they can't bypass the locks to the data. The DOJ wants to brute force the password but there are security measures in the software to resist that, including long intervals between attempts and an auto-wipe if attempted too many times. The DOJ wants Apple to write a custom OS that removes those checks.

The main concerns here are:
-Forcing a vendor to work for the gov
-Forcing a vendor to violate its own security policies
-Using very old laws in ways never intended for modern electronics
-And of course the fact the DOJ will receive custom malware that allows them to easier hack Apple phones. And boy would it be handy if the other vendors did that too, wink wink.

In this case the DOJ actually has proper consent to unlock the phone and a legally legitimate reason to want the data, so Apple has a tough fight ahead of them. If the phone user put a strong password in then it'll still take years/decades/centuries to crack.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2016, 13:46.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Launches Snowfall Expansion & Adds Free Editor
13. Re: Cities: Skylines Launches Snowfall Expansion & Adds Free Editor Feb 18, 2016, 18:19 NegaDeath

A shame that in the expansion winter is static and not seasonal. Even in Canada we get 3 whole days of summer each year. 4 if it's an El Nino year. Baby steps I guess.  

News Comments > Street Fighter V Released
19. Re: Street Fighter V Released Feb 17, 2016, 11:21 NegaDeath

Hornet303 wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 16:47:
I don't play a lot of fighters but there seems to be some legitimacy behind the release of SF5, and we'll quickly see how many people 'did' ask for the game by voting with their wallets.

Street Fighter is one of the best possible examples to show market demand. It's had how many iterations in the last couple decades now? They don't make this stuff for free, people obviously buy it.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Released
10. Re: Street Fighter V Released Feb 16, 2016, 16:44 NegaDeath

deqer wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 15:40:
I mean, you don't see us asking for a "big update" to real life Football, do you? Or Soccer, or hockey. No, because those sports have been finalized.

Precisely they've been finalized. Only the rules, players, venues, equipment and uniform/logo designs change, some of these on a yearly basis. And paying once does not give you permanent access either. This is all totally unlike fighting games. Noone asked for this.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New GeForce Drivers Feb 16, 2016, 14:38 NegaDeath

Leper wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 13:05:
Just because you can't run a game at highest settings doesn't mean it's not optimized. You're asking for more games that look like shit on their highest settings. Highest settings should be for the super-rich/enthusiasts or the average person 2 years after release on a new graphics card. GTA5 looks and runs a hell of a lot better on medium settings than the native XCOM2 which indicates that GTA5 wasn't a bad port or poorly optimized.

Not everyone grows out of the stage of their life where gaming is a "war" that must be fought and won in the name of their chosen platform. Your lack of 4K and other bells and whistles is an insult to them. You are impure. Best to ignore them and just keep having fun doing what you are doing, let them stew in their negativity.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2016, 11:12 NegaDeath

Nothing a propriety adapter with high profit margins can't fix.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2016, 20:10 NegaDeath

"Episode VIII: Return of Luke actually saying something"  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
7. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 14:52 NegaDeath

Dropping depth of field from the highest setting to the next one down feels like it doubles my framerate. Guess my 970 doesn't like it.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2016, 13:19 NegaDeath

Sonofa...I really liked that site and the stuff they did. Hope some of them do a new youtube channel or something.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2016, 23:11 NegaDeath

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 21:25:
But yeah go ahead and buy the release version with cut content, bugs and only DirectX 11. Show those Microsofties just how much of a bunch of suckers you really are!

This perceived victory of yours by stealing or boycotting a product exists only in your head. I admire your internal fantasy world where you strike down Microsoft by denying a 3rd party a purchase but in the real world it doesn't matter. At all. So enjoy your hard won battle and quit shitting on people who are in the hobby to enjoy playing games instead of enjoying not playing them. Good day.

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced
6. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced Jan 26, 2016, 13:41 NegaDeath

How to make a good Turtles game.

Step 1) Look up Turtles in Time
Step 2) Do that

Or at least I wish it was that easy. Even a remake of that excellent game turned out bad.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 13:31 NegaDeath

Fantastic on a technical level and the ships control and feel amazing, but it's just so short of it's potential. I look forward to seeing it evolve more they have an amazing foundation to build on.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2016, 10:21 NegaDeath

Ok no more deaths for now please. Damn.

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 09:58:
By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged!

Shit I forgot he was in that. That's going to hurt the chances of the oft-rumored sequel coming to fruition. Damn.

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
4. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 10:51 NegaDeath

It really is never going to come out, is it? Sigh.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 7, 2016, 00:59 NegaDeath

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 00:33:
Am I missing something cause it doesn't look like it's been visually upgraded as the PC Gamer article mentioned.

The output resolution is modernized, the character models were upgraded from the original release (more polys, sharper textures) and the FMV's come from a sharper or uncompressed master they apparently still had laying around. All the static backgrounds are the original low-res versions which makes any differences hard to see.

Edit: Also should mention it won't suffer from the two of the annoying limitations of the original platform, unfiltered textures and the lack of a Z-buffer (janky poly movement).

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2016, 01:12.

News Comments > Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies
4. Re: Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies Jan 6, 2016, 17:04 NegaDeath

Not surprising after their company president was killed by a crazy guy with a giant katana and his successor was blown up by a monster.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
11. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 12:33 NegaDeath

Too rich for my blood, especially after just buying a new monitor. I'll wait for the economies of scale to kick in and buy it when it's been further refined and cheaper.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2016, 18:16 NegaDeath

RE: The "nothing to hide" argument, beyond the real personal ramifications one can reason out with even a cursory examination of the topic, is still an incredibly selfish argument. Mathematically it's entirely probable it won't be used against you. What about other people? Is it ok for power to be abused so long as it happens to someone else? Journalists critical of the people in power? Whistleblowers? Opposition members of government? Rival businesses of someone in power? evidence exists that this has already happened. There are things that happen outside ones sheltered, insular personal life that affect society as a whole.  

2332 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo