Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2385 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog
20. Re: No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog Nov 30, 2016, 16:11 NegaDeath

Talisorn wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 15:15:
And anyone who bought into the hype was a fool. Come on folks. Many people here are the same ones who sat through Black and White, Spore and Fable. Why does anyone believe outrageous claims?

I think it's safe to say that the folks here were suspicious, I recall direct comparisons to Spore and Star Citizen. But this kind of bad dev behavior still needs to be called out.

Plus it is kinda annoying how a couple years ago we were celebrating an apparent renaissance of PC space sims with a number of (at the time) good looking titles in the pipeline, only for it to fizzle out so damn hard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog
7. Re: No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog Nov 30, 2016, 12:48 NegaDeath

Didn't think much would come of it, but hopefully the backlash will still act as a lesson to the industry. I don't put too much faith in that hope though.  

News Comments > HITMAN Adding Offline Unlock Access
5. Re: HITMAN Adding Offline Unlock Access Nov 28, 2016, 13:15 NegaDeath

The offline unlock thing took way too long to implement. Otherwise an excellent game.  

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
25. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2016, 23:53 NegaDeath

1badmf wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 19:35:
i sure there were a few misleading statements, but even if they were all true, it would still be a soulless piece of shit game. either way, it's exactly the game i thought it was going to be and i can't fathom how people ever expected otherwise.

Here is a pretty long list of gameplay functions either promised, mentioned, shown in video or "live" gameplay that do not exist in the game. I haven't seen a single person complain about missing story elements. They were promoting a game similar in depth to Elite Dangerous and the final product is a fraction of it. It's one of the biggest cases of false advertising in gaming history, potentially the worst.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
69. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2016, 02:52 NegaDeath

Dr_Dissent wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 01:29:
I was out walking my dog on the trail behind my house and I ran into this guy walking his dog. Started talking. He's a developer who works at CIG here in Austin. Says he's working on Star Citizen. I just smiled and said I was familiar with the company. What do you say when you meet a stranger who owes you money?

Was it a real dog, or was it a picture of a potential future virtual dog that they paid a few thousand for? Did they snag lifetime insurance for it?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 12:48 NegaDeath

Nimh wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:16:
I finally had some free time last weekend to try this. I downloaded Origin only to find that my account was completely empty, which was every applicable BF title pre-BF4. This is like my ultimate online distribution nightmare.

I guess once you link a purchase in Origin it's just a roll of the dice if you can keep your purchases after a period of inactivity. A bit of a bummer that it's all gone now.

Contact support, they should be able to fix it. There's no reason inactivity would void your account.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2016, 18:48 NegaDeath

EA Games presents The Witcher 4.

Feel that shiver up your spine?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 15:35 NegaDeath

If we're going for authenticity then the games should start randomly becoming garbled at some point until you restart it enough times. Just don't blow on it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 12:59 NegaDeath

That retro NES is a classic Nintendo idea, a great concept marred by too many technical shortcomings. If this thing tied into their existing store and allowed you to acquire new games it could have been a money generating machine. A literal virtual console-console for people that only want the old stuff. Instead it's a one-off. So close.....  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 14:12 NegaDeath

Necrophob wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 13:50:
More like, Canada will build an ice wall, to keep the white walkers out.

In some places here we'll be in -35C/-31F weather soon enough, takes care of that problem for a few months.

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free
3. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free Nov 9, 2016, 12:21 NegaDeath

IMO way better than the base game it spawned from. Always found modern Far Cry games to have way too much padding. Blood Dragon shrinks it down to a more enjoyable ratio. And adds a bunch of neon and giant lizards with frikkin laser beams attached to their heads.

Mark IV style motherfucker!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 11:36 NegaDeath

Canadian here, couldn't help but watch a livestream of your election until after midnight. Interesting times.

I'll be shipping a small truckload of parts up from the US in the near future. Anyone in the NY area who wants to be smuggled across just send me a note. I'll even poke some breathing holes in the box for you.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year Nov 2, 2016, 12:26 NegaDeath

And the missing 1/2 half of the game will again be released in the following year via DLC, for the price of a whole new game. Maybe by Battlefront 3 they'll be up to feature parity with the original Battlefront series. It'll just cost you $400 or so to get there.

But it is still damn pretty, can't deny that. What I'd give to see Jedi Knight with this tech.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2016, 12:43.

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2016, 21:01 NegaDeath

No way man, this policy just fell out of the sky.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 21, 2016, 23:19 NegaDeath

mellis wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 21:03:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 19:13:
are you not entertained?

Gladiator was great

Shh! CR will want to add time travel to roman era Earth to Star Citizen if he hears that.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
18. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 14:16 NegaDeath

Nintendo systems tend to be designed to be very durable so not too concerned about contacts wearing out. Battery life also tends to be on the high side. But after what happened with WiiU it makes no sense to be a early adopter.

There was one improvement mentioned elsewhere that does make a lot of sense. If this thing is a hybrid portable/console then it might mean they no longer have two platforms to deal with anymore. All their dev teams can focus on one system and every game can be played by everyone. That's a pretty major improvement. the WiiU library was anemic, but if it also had the 3DS's library?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
44. Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2016, 12:38 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 09:24:
Instead of actually addressing these things like other companies they're just radio silent.

This is the key difference to me. Over-promising, being too optimistic, development path now working out, components having to be moved to future DLC or sequels, all this can be understood as issues encountered during game development.

It's the post-sale behavior that's putting it into different territory. If someone sells you something that isn't close to what's advertised, and they won't take your calls afterward? And after all the complaints come in they don't change the marketing? That's scamming.

If they were serious about adding these missing features down the road they would say so for damage controls sake. Silence is literally costing them money with all the refunds going on, not to mention the damage to both personal and brand reputation. That they continue on this path despite all that tells you all you need to know about their intentions.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2016, 12:45.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer
23. Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2016, 00:25 NegaDeath

Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 23:24:
Squadron 42 is delayed indefinitely isn't it?

That's the joke.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer
19. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2016, 22:57 NegaDeath

Man this footage of Squadron 42 looks amazing! Oh, wait no this is the other thing.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
40. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2016, 22:48 NegaDeath

The sheer number of promised features that are completely missing makes this feel like it's a Molyneux game or something. I even dare draw comparisons to Battlecruiser 3000AD.

When Frontier announced ED would no longer have an online mode shortly before launch, that was a fuckup. But they did set the record straight before release. Hello Games was completely mute about all the stuff missing and let it go to sale. It's still being advertised with those missing features. The steam page trailer shows a bunch of things not in the game. There's no information showing these to be future updates, no roadmap. The goods simply don't match the bill of sale and they knew it. That's a scam.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2016, 22:54.

2385 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo