Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NegaDeath

Real Name NegaDeath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NegaDeath
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 2, 2012, 06:19
Total Comments 2418 (Senior)
User ID 57352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2017, 12:22 NegaDeath

It makes perfect sense to work with the guys that hacked your election. Who knows the flaws of your system better than they do? It's no different than corporations hiring hackers to find vulnerabilities in their systems. The world will be better off when the two great powers of the USA and Russia start to cooperate and *gah*

Sorry, I tried to think like someone that would actually support this but my brain started to hurt. This is one of the dumbest things I've read this year and 2017 has no shortage of contenders.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2017, 12:32 NegaDeath

Damn patent parasites. Glad they won.  

News Comments > Evil Genius 2 Announced
11. Re: Evil Genius 2 Announced Jul 4, 2017, 17:37 NegaDeath

LC wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 16:55:
I enjoyed the beginning of the game and the atmosphere. But like a lot of people just couldn't get past that mid-game grind where you're getting ready to build your 2nd lair.

Yeah that can get punishing with the retaliation and needs to be looked at for the sequel. What I usually do in the original is send minions out to steal and build a huge surplus of cash very early on, when your threat level is so low they only send investigators as retaliation. Leave it to run for awhile and you'll be set for the rest of the game.

News Comments > Evil Genius 2 Announced
2. Re: Evil Genius 2 Announced Jul 4, 2017, 10:49 NegaDeath

Yes. F'ing yes. Love the first game to bits. We're kicking this (short) work week off right!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Into the Black Jul 3, 2017, 17:15 NegaDeath

Kxmode wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 16:10:
A theorem is precisely the point of my post. Respected and renowned scientists, Ethan Siegel and Michio Kaku, as two examples, have reached "a general proposition not self-evident but proved by a chain of reasoning." The greater scientific community has not accepted their theorems even though they reached their conclusions through chains of reasonings. Thus we circle back to my first mention of science suppressing such theorems to the "dark" because it does not fit their narration. By any stretch of the definition, this is call intellectual dishonesty.

If you are following the scientific method then a handful of outliers outside the much larger average consensus are irrelevant. The correct scientific approach is to consider those outliers to be a flawed data point. You don't consider that the majority also followed proper chain of reasoning, or that your examples didn't or are misquoted. Assuming without evidence that it is solely due to some evil scheme is intellectual dishonesty designed to fit a narrative.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
6. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 14, 2017, 13:59 NegaDeath

Of the various DLC models I prefer the cosmetics. Doesn't split the playerbase like with what happened with Battlefront and its DLC packs, no story content is missing, and no pay 2 win mechanics giving others an unfair advantage. If they're going to monetize this way it's fine by me as I can ignore it.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2017, 23:02 NegaDeath

Bastards. Here I was all comfortable not buying a Switch and then you press the Metroid button. Twice even.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced
17. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2017, 21:13 NegaDeath

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 20:23:
I stopped reading right there:

If only you'd have stopped typing right there too.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Jun 12, 2017, 17:18 NegaDeath

And they just announced a pirate game based on/spun off the naval stuff of Black Flag. Hell yes. Ubi's having a good show.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 5, 2017, 14:23 NegaDeath

WaltC wrote on May 5, 2017, 14:06:
national Democrats--most of whom couldn't explain the difference between a mouse and a ram chip if their lives depended on it...;)

Accuses people of not understanding computers, doesn't understand the difference between user-side ad blockers/firewalls and ISP-side data collection. Throws in a partisan jab to a topic that has fairly bipartisan opposition. Another quality post brought to you by WaltC.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 5, 2017, 14:15 NegaDeath

I like what Nvidia is doing with GSync but honestly hope Freesync takes off. It's the only way it's going to become a standard across monitors, TV's and consoles (boo hiss!). And if they lose ground maybe Nvidia will grudgingly support Freesync. Maybe.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2017, 14:12 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:40:
The "K" stands for "Kooked"

Utter nonsense! Clearly it refers to an operating temperature of 7700 Kelvin. Intel should get into the fusion business.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2017, 22:19 NegaDeath

So close to getting that Darwin award! Oh well, always next year.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2017, 19:31 NegaDeath

There's a small oasis of public competition here in SK that brings our rates down relative to the rest of the country. Unfortunately we also currently have a govt hemming and hawing about their inner desire to sell it off to pay the bills.  

13. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2017, 23:01 NegaDeath

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:47:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3iHTQR-xOk Wow!

Holy F'ing hell that's impressive. Someone hire this person!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gameplay Video
12. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gameplay Video Mar 8, 2017, 13:22 NegaDeath

Loved the last one, a bit repetitive but it did something new and enjoyable. Even pulled off the whole "putting fear into your enemies" angle better than the Arkham games. This video looks scripted and curated as hell but I'm still interested.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2017, 11:04 NegaDeath

Looks more and more like this thing was pushed out before it was ready. Lot's of glitches/issue and the software lineup is full of ports from the previous console with no high profile dedicated titles until the end of the year. If you want Zelda and have a WiiU get it for that system and don't bother with switch until they V2.0 it.  

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2017, 17:33 NegaDeath

DangerDog wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 16:21:
Let me know when the ipad generation can pass a test from 1912.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/1912-eighth-grade-exam_n_3744163.html

we'll have a party on my lawn for them.

The article leaves out the pass rate of the test in 1912 which is key to making your point.

20. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 23, 2017, 18:02 NegaDeath

descender wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 12:17:
then play it upsampled to 4K on a gaming PC attached to a HDTV via Dolphin emulator

Can confirm, best way. There is even an HD texture pack for it. :)

Even has replacement icon packs to match screen button prompts to your preferred flavor of controller (360, DS4, etc). God bless you modders. Salute

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 22, 2017, 18:15 NegaDeath

Due for a new CPU/Mobo in the next year, it's the first time in a very long time since I gave AMD serious consideration. Pending more benchmarks, of course.  

2418 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo