Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1334 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 22, 2015, 21:42 SlimRam

"Mister O'Brien, beam me directly to Deanna Troi's cabin...naked"  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed

17. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2015, 21:05 SlimRam

That letter, if it's real, paints a grim picture for the production of SC and does explain what's taking so long. It sounds like the best thing to do is remove Roberts from his own project (or remove his ability to affect production of the game) and get someone in there that can get this ship to the shore. If not, it sounds like another Duke Nukem Forever situation with 3D Realms where nothing is ever good enough and the game gets stuck in perpetual production. Sad panda face.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers

19. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 22, 2015, 10:26 SlimRam

The blurb says you can romance any human character in the game, but...it says nothing about romancing the robot. I mean with a name like 'Mister Handy' it just seems right...or wrong  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans

12. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 21, 2015, 11:14 SlimRam

I still play and I love it. I make can make 1 million in an hour and all I do is smuggle missions, easy peasy Allthumbsup  

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups

5. Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups Sep 18, 2015, 15:54 SlimRam

Shouldn't she be naked?  

News Comments > World of Warships Sets Sail

7. Re: World of Warships Sets Sail Sep 17, 2015, 18:25 SlimRam

Eh, if you're looking for a true battleship simulation (like I have been my whole life Great Naval Battles being my all time favorite)...yeah, THIS AIN'T IT! It's fun and it looks really nice and the net code seems amazing but like InBlack said, it's a ridiculous grind unless you open you're wallet.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 04:38 SlimRam

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:21:
The amount of ignorance in this day and age is simply mind-boggling. Why do I even bother with you idiots? You guys reply without spending any significant time investigating what I said. Pure ignorance! And here I thought that some of you were intelligent enough to connect the dots.

Whatever

Time for me to move on to a place where commenters actually use their brains.

Well Blue, looks like you lost another one to Kotaku

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 19:17 SlimRam

• Pewdiepie Is Making A TV Show

• I keep looking at my watch hoping his 15 minutes are up...no huh? Hmmmmmm....*taps watch face and stares intently at it*

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2015, 19:09 SlimRam

Amid the hoopla of the "New Xbox One Experience" release, does anyone know if keyboard and mouse support is one of the new features? I've been looking around for this but I haven't read that it's in the new features? I know that they said it was coming but I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about it for sure?  

News Comments > Into the Black

3. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2015, 15:47 SlimRam

After the end of the video, the man was methodically beaten and shackled and then of course shot.  

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse

3. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 7, 2015, 14:47 SlimRam

• PewDiePie becomes first YouTuber to hit 10 billion views.

• All hope is lost

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released

79. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 12:53 SlimRam

Flatline wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 12:02:
    dsmart wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:41:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:36:
    Well, I really hope that the current animations are still the CryEngine default character animations and nothing CIG spent any backer money on. These are by far the shittiest animations I have seen in a very long time. Some of the emote animations are OK-ish but all the basic and general stuff like running, walking backwards, crouching, side-stepping, jumping etc. is outright abysmal. It's completely unnatural looking as if the characters had a metal rod for a spine and zero flexibility in their knees and hips.
    This is going to be the laughing stock of the gaming world if they release the FPS module Star Marine with such crappy animations.

In a dev update, they said that they were going to continue using the older (and current) animations for the foreseeable future. They're going mocap, but apparently it's for the SQ42.

I do expect that they will use the new animations for Star Marine. Though I could be wrong.

Either way, yeah, for $90m, 500+ people at the peak of dev, and four years, these are the animations we have.

As to this social module, well...

What's crazy is that in 4 years they've pumped out about the same content as most free mods still in alpha after like... 2 years. Only with the mod scene you're dealing with a dozen people donating their time.
    Eh, from what I have read Roberts will drop tons of time and manpower into a whim of his no matter how far fetched it seems just to see how he likes it. If it blows, then he moves on ala: The Helmet Menu. The problem with this is that the money and time it may take to create this and ALSO the fact that development is so, somewhat, transparent AND the fact that it's 'real peoples' money makes crazy shit he may try and fail seem like he's a mad man that's just jerking off with no sense of time frame or budget. I'm guessing that one of Mayberry's jobs was to reel Roberts back in and...now Alex is gone soooooo is somebody holding Chris' reins?

29. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 18:22 SlimRam

Julio wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:31:
    SlimRam wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 15:18:
    I will have the first virtual wedding there with a 12 year old boy from Vietnam that swore to me that he was a female super model.

I didn't know Jared got internet access in jail.
    Yup, kinda puts a whole new meaning on the slogan, "Eat Fresh"

7. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 15:18 SlimRam

I will have the first virtual wedding there with a 12 year old boy from Vietnam that swore to me that he was a female super model.  

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans

16. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 29, 2015, 10:54 SlimRam

They need to get Tim Burton to do it and his wife Helena Bonham Carter could be Moxxie! RAAAWWWWWR  

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer

13. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 29, 2015, 00:38 SlimRam

A zero originality ftp fps, good show Cliff *yawn*  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen

212. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 28, 2015, 04:20 SlimRam

Think i'll just leave this right here... Rotfl  

News Comments > Boss Key Teaser

5. Re: Boss Key Teaser Aug 25, 2015, 13:46 SlimRam

#braceyourself

#gofuckyourselfcliffb

Fixed that for ya Cliff! Thumbsup

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2015, 13:57.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 14:46 SlimRam

Blue, me and the wife have watched the first two episodes of 'Blunt Talk' and if you're a Patrick Stewart fan you will not be disappointed. Let's just say that I never thought Stewart could make me laugh so hard  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2015, 14:30 SlimRam

Americans Hailed As Heroes For Subduing Gunman On Train In Belgium.

Love us or hate us, you pull a gun on us and we're GOING to kick you're ASS!

1334 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 40.
    < Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >