Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1332 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 15, 2018, 22:56 SlimRam

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.
I know this sounds hard to believe, but my troubles never really seemed to care what day it was during the week; seems like they always seem to find me, especially on exactly the wrong days. As far as the general vicinity of my troubles, I would say that they are all well within reaching distance. As a matter of fact, I might even say they need to get the fuck up off my ass and give a motherfucker some room.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
13. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 22:09 SlimRam

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 21:37:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 21:26:
Hell, the comments on this article have to go long. I mean, if we've already got Chris Roberts and Derek Smart in the same piece; all we need now is to have Sean Murray show up somewhere in the article and this comment section's going to 200 posts, easy, we're talking trifecta here!

What do you call the piece with Chris Roberts, Derek Smart, Sean Murray, and Peter Molyneux? A Quadfecta!
While we're at it, we might as well throw in Phil Fish from Fez to complete the full circle of game developer buffoonery

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Scary "The Nun" Ad Pulled From YouTube. Aug 15, 2018, 21:57 SlimRam

"I laughed, I cried, I sharted...all at the same time."  

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
9. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 21:26 SlimRam

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 20:33:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 20:30:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 20:18:
Grab a cozy chair and blanket, toss some popcorn in the microwave, and buckle up for a 100+ comment thread

We're better than that.
No we're not.

No we're not.
Hell, the comments on this article have to go long. I mean, if we've already got Chris Roberts and Derek Smart in the same piece; all we need now is to have Sean Murray show up somewhere in the article and this comment section's going to 200 posts, easy, we're talking trifecta here!

News Comments > Super Seducer 2
5. Re: Super Seducer 2 Aug 15, 2018, 20:01 SlimRam

There is apparently DLC that's coming out for this game also that's called, "The Bill Cosby Method". Apparently, it only offers 2 choices on picking up any women in the game? The first choice is always, “Shall I get you a Rohypnol martini?” And the second question is always, “Since you're going to be unconscious soon where can I stick my Jello pudding pop?"

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2018, 20:12.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
35. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 15:05 SlimRam

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:42:
Doom is the kind of shooter I could play for maybe half an hour to blow off steam when I'm pissed at my boss or maybe if I were too drunk or drugged to be playing anything more engaging. Luckily I have an OK boss and I don't drink or do drugs so... yawn.
I got bored to tears just by watching this repetitive footage already. Might be cool for today's teenagers but it's way too been there done that (in the mid 1990s) for me. Gaming has evolved past this simpleton shit. Pass.
For some reason I'm almost shocked to hear you trash this game? Did you actually get to play any of it? Yeah, at first I thought it was just gonna be another shooter too. Once you start playing it though it starts to become more fluid and there's more motion to it and the killing is just amazing. Almost started to become an FPS ballet of death. Kind of awesome actually.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
28. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 13:00 SlimRam

I just played through all of DOOM I and II including all the expansion packs; gotta say that I still had a lot of fun with that! I didn't like some of the really cheap ambushes that happen, especially in doom 2. You walk to a switch or door or whatever and activate it and all the sudden you're transported him into a room full of monsters, yay. It started to get a little old after like the sixth time but then again doom 2 is way bigger than doom 1.

I bought the new doom at launch and I never regretted it one bit, It's a damn fun game I just haven't finished it yet 'cause it's also kind of long. This looks to be more of the same so I don't know if I'm gonna run out and buy it this time but I'll probably be picking it up either way.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 10, 2018, 16:56 SlimRam

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 15:20:
I'm just waiting for Timmeh to show up. Popcorn
I'd be disappointed if Timmeh didn't show up

News Comments > IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations
18. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 7, 2018, 17:10 SlimRam

Let's face it guys, there's only so many ways that you can say a game sucks before words start to overlap.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 16:08 SlimRam

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 12:11:
I guess Alex has lost his war.
Honestly I think the real war that's going on with Alex Jones is the one that's within his own mind, mentally. I also think that it's probably safe to say that he's losing that war, badly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Watch Patrick Stewart shock Star Trek fans with surprise reveal of new series. Aug 5, 2018, 17:18 SlimRam

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this to be honest? I mean, I like his character alot it's just that well, he's kind of old now. And, I'm guessing that he is gonna be an admiral now; how much time has past? And if he's an admiral, then he's probably not gonna have a ship, right? So is it gonna be more about him flying a desk at a Federation starbase?

For some reason, I just can't seem to get hyped about it. I keep thinking when I hear an older Jean-Luc Picard that it might turn out to be something like, 'Admiral Picard: The Doddering Years'. I don't want to "be there" when Picard loses bowel control for the first time. We've already seen what a cranky old bastard he turns into anyway.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2018, 13:18 SlimRam

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name ... Enterprise."

Jean-Luc Picard, 'Yesterday's Enterprise'

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 30, 2018, 03:29 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 21:09:
We were also retarded, there just wasn't an internet for things to go viral on. We planted explosives in school, shot each other with BB guns, shot bottle rockets and m-80s at each other, jumped off roofs, rode our bikes off cliffs, stole alcohol from our parents, shot cars with BB guns and snowballs, and on and on. I'm lucky to have all of my limbs and to be alive and to have avoided juvy or jail.
Yep, did all those things and a whole lot more We used to have a bow and arrow set, and we used to go out into the front yard and shoot an arrow straight up into the air. Then we would stand there and wait and see which one would be the last to run out of the way before the arrow came back down. I think we even called it something stupid like 'William Tell'

I grew up near a lot of forest, so one of the things we would do is try to go into the woods and see if we could push down the biggest dead tree that was around there. Usually someone would have to climb up the dead tree and hang off the side of it to get the tree to start leaning in the right direction so you could pull it over...And sometimes the tree would just fall with you riding it all the way down. We also climbed up to the top of trees like monkeys and try to jump from one tree to the next and just hope to God that we could catch the branches in time if not well there was the ground; and probably a trip to the hospital.

We also had the coolest basement that you could make completely dark if you shut all the doors and windows. So we made this game called HI-KARATE! where it's completely dark and all you do is run around in the dark and yell "hi-karate" right before you then try to punch and kick him as hard as you can. Mind you, we were all in our late teens at this point and all of us had taken karate for at least 3 or 4 years soooooo...there were a few injuries along the way.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2018, 03:55.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2018, 16:04 SlimRam

Deckhard: "You remember the spider that lived in a bush outside your window? Orange body, green legs. You watched her build her web all summer. Then one day there was a big egg in. The egg hatched."

Rachael: "The egg hatched. And hundreds of baby spiders came out. And they ate her."

News Comments > EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week
14. Re: EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week Jul 28, 2018, 02:01 SlimRam

chickenboo wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 17:58:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 16:43:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 14:24:
SlimRam wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 12:49:
EA tried giving stuff away but frankly, it just didn't feel right.

No such thing as free. You have to install Origin to get the free game. EA reports Origin numbers to their shareholders, and they can advertise other games. It's worth a "free" game.

Definitely not free:

Apartment: $1000-2000 per month
Food: $200-500 per month
Furniture: $500-5000
Electricity: $100 per month
Internet: $50 per month
Gaming PC: $500-2000

Okay, now you're ready to consume your "free" game.

you forgot the hookers to play alongside because you don't have any friends, that's an extra $1000
Damn man, $1000 for hookers is just a little too much out of my price range. I was thinking more about maybe you know 10 to 20 dollars and and whatever meth they might need for the rest of the night. I mean, who says that they really HAVE to have teeth anyway?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 13:56 SlimRam

Beamer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 11:55:
I should clarify this likely needs to be same-screen, as we have a Macbook air, a Surface Pro, and a powerful desktop that's Steamlinked to the TV.

And a lot of these are great games, but require a bit more understanding of a game, or something of a learning curve. For someone that's never held a controller, it needs to be pretty easy.

Portal 2 is amazing, but probably Gaming 201. Minecraft could be cool, and probably works on the Surface. It takes some learning, but it's a fun way to go. I still think it may be too advanced to start.
Go with a shooter. Me and my wife use to coop Halo and it was a blast. If you can go with a shooter; the controls are easy and women seem to like them alot. I think either third person or first person would probably be fine. Gears of War 4 just came out and it's split screen Co op from what I understand and it's pretty fun apparently. Sometimes, when I don't wanna think too much but I wanna play a game I'll just play a shooter because there almost always fun and not that difficult to figure out.

My wife loved the first Serious Sam too!

Edit: I want to say also to be sure and put the controller on vibrate.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2018, 14:10.

13. R.I.P.: World's oldest person, Chiyo Miyako, dies in Japan at age 117. Jul 27, 2018, 13:41 SlimRam

Congratulations Chiyo on living over 100 years, it's truly a Marvel.

Unfortunately for you: your friends, relatives and people that use to care about you, either thought you were already dead or had forgotten about you over 40 years ago.

4. PewDiePie 'sorry' for meme mocking Demi Lovato. Jul 27, 2018, 13:14 SlimRam

I guess I should takedown my meme telling PewDiePie to take the gas pipe.

I might leave it up for just a little bit longer.

3. Facebook also removes 4 Infowars videos, including one it previously cleared. Jul 27, 2018, 12:59 SlimRam

Uh-oh guys, you DO know what this means, Timmeh is on his way and... Hell's coming with him!  

1332 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo