Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1323 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Another Study Ties Sitting to Mortality Risk. Sep 12, 2017, 15:57 SlimRam

No WAY i'm givin' up my marathon toilet sessions.

Like a fine wine, some things can't be rushed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 12, 2017, 13:02 SlimRam

Hey hey hey! Let's not get too bent out of shape about this! Usually, conservatives are Christians and I imagine God's name was mentioned a few times in the clip:

"Oh God, oh God, OOOOOOOOHH GOD!!!"

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
6. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 12:11 SlimRam

I played and finished the first and I liked it ok. I tried to 100% the game and I remember that I couldn't for some reason. I really liked the nemesis system until you got one that couldn't be ranged attacked OR melee attacked I remember being a little exhausted with the combat towards the end of the game (although when I was fully leveled and my health was buffed I would start a fight in the middle of an enemy keep just to see how long I could keep fighting for = FUN *queue 'Drowning Pool - Bodies' song*). This does look a lot like the same but I guess if you are a die hard fan of the first it might be worth getting.  

News Comments > Outcast - Second Contact Trailer
2. Re: Outcast - Second Contact Trailer Sep 11, 2017, 22:27 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:35:
He's named after me. Animations look awful stiff atm but I dig the environments. Hope this turns out well.
Was gonna say, dude you are OBLIGATED to buy this! Hell, at least they should give you a damn discount.

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
33. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 22:02 SlimRam

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 21:23:

Yup. Whenever he manages to take a break from his "never been done before", "revolutionary"... blahblah... speeches then CR has his lucida intervalla and remembers that he might get his ass sued to hell and back if he doesn't at least deliver... something, anything... and totally against his usual over-confident self, he started talking about a MVP about a year ago himself.

It's when he started to cover his bases...

“We’ll have what we determine as a minimal viable product feature list for what you would call Star Citizen the commercial release, which is basically when you say OK, we’ve got to this point and we still have plans to add a lot more cool stuff, and more content, and more functionality, and more features, which by the way includes some of the later stretch goals which we have because not all of that will be right here fo the commercial release. But we’ll have something where we think, ‘Yeh, now everyone can play it, it doesn’t matter, you can load it up, it plays really well, it’s really stable, there’s lots of content, there’s lots of fun things to do, different professions, places to go’.

Hmmmmm... kinda sounds like what 3.0 is shaping up to be... doesn't it?

30. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 21:12 SlimRam

Kxmode wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:58:
SlimRam wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:56:
Honestly, to me, it sounds like a minimum viable product situation. Chris is starting to realize that this huge entire game that he's been trying to create is never going to see the light of day. Now, he's basically telling his customers, "This is the game and this is what is going to be sold, sorry, but I HAVE to release something."

Once that happens they won't be legally obligated to the backers. That's not to say crowd funding has any legalities attached to it in the first place.

BINGO!

28. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 20:56 SlimRam

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:29:
Is it just me, or does that announcement sound like a company that's been working on a game for about a year? ie.. not as long as these guys have...
Honestly, to me, it sounds like a minimum viable product situation. Chris is starting to realize that this huge entire game that he's been trying to create is never going to see the light of day. Now, he's basically telling his customers, "This is the game and this is what is going to be sold, sorry, but I HAVE to release something."

News Comments > First Emotion Processing Unit Launches
12. Re: First Emotion Processing Unit Launches Sep 11, 2017, 19:17 SlimRam

So, in layman's terms, it means that my game characters will hate me just as much as real life people do? OH YEAH, THAT'S the feature that has been missing from my gaming experience.  

News Comments > etc.
9. The making of Alpha Protocol, Obsidian's secret best RPG Sep 9, 2017, 17:51 SlimRam

I remember playing it and I finished it and thought it was a pretty good game. I had gotten it cheap and it was patched and I had no problem with bugs. I thought the shooting was fun and I liked that you could play it as stealth or (my personal favorite) to go in blastin'. Some of the responses to some of the questions I remember trying to answer honestly and it led my relationship with my handler down a bad road? It was weird because at the end when you have to save her she fucking HATED me and I remember being shocked at how bad our relationship turned out Overall, I liked it *shrug*  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2017, 22:00 SlimRam

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 18:27:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 17:37:
The next module they're going to work on is using the toilet in exacting detail.

SlimRam is going to shit himself when he learns about this.
Yep, my longing for the job of space janitor is FINALLY being realized.

This game truly is going for "The Dream"!

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
5. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 21:24 SlimRam

At this rate there're going to start announcing DLC for preorder before the main game is even revealed...  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan
10. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 23:22 SlimRam

...as Gearbox quietly continues to write the compendium on how to successfully misuse a famous IP.

Jon St. John is the only one making money off this brand anymore.

News Comments > LawBreakers Roadmap
18. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 21:16 SlimRam

Sorry Cliffy, your game is DOA. Might want to realize this before your company is #BrokeAF  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 6, 2017, 21:22 SlimRam

“For me to go over there and see [Kim] as much as I have, I basically hang out with him all the time. We laugh, we sing karaoke, we do a lot of cool things together. We ride horses, we hang out, we go skiing, we hardly ever talk politics and that’s the good thing." - Rodman

Hell, maybe Rodman and Kim can play dress-up in drag and just bro out? Dennis can teach Kim how to spin a basketball on his finger and Kim can teach 'The Worm' how to master the art of extermination, murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortion, and other sexual violence. Meanwhile, Rodman saves us all from nuclear annihilation; Total win/win situation.

News Comments > Animal Farm Game Announced
7. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 6, 2017, 20:51 SlimRam

Don't screw the pigs, they'll squeal on you.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2017, 15:49 SlimRam

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 15:03:
“She’s a lovely girl. I’m not sure what’s going to happen — I’m really busy with my dissertation at the moment — but I’d certainly be open to seeing her again.”

Haha, read: Thanks for the bang, I'd never have talked to you again if you didn't fuck up my window, but I don't want the whole world to know what a dick I am so I said this.
Well, if I wasn't married, i'd be ALL OVER this girl. I mean, to find a female gymnast who isn't afraid to handle pooh, I THINK I'M IN LOVE!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 3, 2017, 16:31 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:12:
Windows 10 has so many annoying intermittent issues that Win 7 never had.
- put to sleep, and it will hang indefinitely with the hard drive running. Have to reboot.
- wakes up from sleep and the network driver is completely missing. Not deactivated, but gone entirely. Have to reboot.
- sometimes it loses the ability to recognize USB devices. Even if I replug them, it won't see them. Have to reboot.

This was a clean install. My hardware is pretty standard. I don't have a lot of software other than games loaded.

There's some nasty malware that has been downloaded to certain computers from a particular website. It apparently does everything you described and more. I remember reading that the executable file was something like StarCitizen.exe.

News Comments > Road Rage Next Month
9. Re: Road Rage Next Month Sep 1, 2017, 16:44 SlimRam

It seems that this is to be a spiritual successor to the original? I remember playing the original way back when and I remember thinking it was fun and had a good sound track (OLD Soundgarden FTW). I got maybe 10 hours or so out of it (guessing here), never really thought that it warranted a remake? Was the first game THAT popular?  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2017, 00:33 SlimRam

@#CliffyB #OMGjustMadeDaikatana2017  

News Comments > Brain Controllers Progress
3. Re: Brain Controllers Progress Aug 28, 2017, 15:39 SlimRam

If you have brain damage would that be the equivalent of having a busted keyboard using this tech?  

1323 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo