Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 877 (Graduate)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
18. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 20:29 SlimRam

Slashman wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 20:22:
I picked up Mad Max for $6.79

For that price it's awesome. If you 100% the game it should take you many many hours and it's fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2017, 05:04 SlimRam

Rigs wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 17:11:

Speaking of which, Frans, the 'underline' code DOES NOT WORK! I've tried to use it several times in posts and it won't work. Strikethu doesn't work either, I don't think.

=-Rigs-=

I believe I just found a sub program...probably YEARS old that was running in the background of Blues page. It was a dirty exec. that was ONLY ran when Rigs signed in. I was able to decompile the code and it looked like this:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
string Rigs = "Rigs";
cout << "Please enter your name:\n>";
cin >> Rigs;
if (Rigs != "Rigs")
cout << "You did not enter Rigs.\n";
else
{
cout << "You cannot use underline or line through.\n";
}
return 0;
}

(please excuse my code, still teaching myself C++)

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2017, 06:21.

38. removed Jan 1, 2017, 01:13 SlimRam

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 1, 2017, 12:52.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 15:23 SlimRam

Happy New Year's everybody. Be safe and try to all stay alive until 2017!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 12:24 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 11:36:
nin wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 11:13:
How soon until you have another freak out and get banned again?
Shall we start an ass captain pool?
Currently at post 102. Definitely will flameout before 502.

We may be in for a long winter, his post count history is:

space captain 7699 posts before banned

space admiral 32 posts before banned

harlock 2999 posts before banned

rudra 290 posts before banned

That brings us to a average of 2,755. Yep, could be a looooooong winter

6. Re: We get it, 2016 Dec 29, 2016, 11:10 SlimRam

Creston wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 10:58:
You're a giant PoS. Stop killing people already.
Amen

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 29, 2016, 00:18 SlimRam

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 23:16:
Debbie Reynolds died earlier today too. That's gotta be one devastated family.

Jesus Christ.

MOTHERFUCKER! WHAT THE FUCK 2016!!! Really?! What the fuck is Billie going through right now??? She just lost her Mom and Grandma in the same fucking WEEK!

I'm starting to think that Rigs was right, maybe this is the goddamn rapture *grrrrrrrrrrr* Take ME motherfucker if you've got the BALLS but I PROMISE YOU ONE THING...when I get there someone is going to answer to me or I'll BURN THE FUCKING PLACE FROM THE SKY.

Oh yeah, and of course, FUCK YOU 2016...AGAIN...CONTINUOUSLY...UNTIL YOU DIE!

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2016, 01:23.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Dec 27, 2016, 22:10 SlimRam

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 20:58:
We have 5 days to go folks, stay at home, call loved ones, stock up on medical supplies/etc, cause lord only knows what can happen in 5 days.

I've got my crash helmet on, I've built a pillow fort around myself and the computer and I've got half a liter of Captain Morgan Black. I think i'm all good here sir!

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
62. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 27, 2016, 16:55 SlimRam

Slick wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 17:44:
SlimRam wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 01:58:
My powers of observation often scare MYSELF. Please observe 2 post above for Mr. Harlock's responce Slick and CJ Parker seem to be literally separated at birth. They both have HUGE superiority complexes and love to talk down to any unfortunate soul that actually wants to comment on a subject that they happen to be upon. Hell, they even have almost the same computer config as they said a few days ago. I do not care so let them do what they do, doesn't really matter to me *bows*. Merry Christmas to All!!!

Wait what!?

CJ_parker and I couldn't be more socially opposed. The fact that I point out the oh-so few things we share in common is more a reflection about the absurdity of how 2 people with such fundamentally different views can occasionally share something in common.

99% of the time, CJ is just posting loud angry bullshit, and he'll probably take that as a compliment.

As for me, care to point out in this thread how I've been condescending?

There have been condescending posts made, but not by me. The last 2 days of SC thread posts I've made have been very civil.

You both post your opinions, like everyone else here. You're similar in regards to how you talk to people. Yeah, CJ screams a lot and calls a lot of things shit, it's his way. You don't do this. What you both do seem to do is argue your point even after the person you're arguing with has made up their mind. Neither of you seem to be able comprehend why a person doesn't agree with you, even when they explain it. Then, instead of accepting their answer, you both tend to start becoming angrier and finally sometimes resort to direct or indirect insults.

No, I don't have to qualify my opinion of you to you or anyone else. This is my opinion of you both; whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. Some people on here probably see me as an idiot or asshole because of some of the things I've said, that's their opinion and their entitled to it.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 13:57 SlimRam

Quboid wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:03:
Carrie Fisher has died aged 60. RIP
Unbelievable year it has been. I was told a long time ago to never say it couldn't get any worse because it always can but in this particular year's case...

Sleep now in the light, Princess

10. What Did We Get Stuck In Our Rectums Last Year? Dec 26, 2016, 22:14 SlimRam

Rectum

• “SHOESHINE CONTAINER ALLEGEDLY INTOXICATED DID NOT KNOW GF INSERTED OBJECT”

• "Where the HELL is my shoe shine kit?"

Girlfriend: "Blow it out your ASS!"

43. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 26, 2016, 13:06 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 11:50:
    Luke wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 11:42:
    snip
    Brain cells were literally sucked out of my head. Bomb
    Try not to be too hard on Luke. If I had to guess I would say that English is his second or third language. Many people here have commented on how his comments don't make sense and I tend to agree. I think he's trying as best he can. He seems to hate Microsoft, Facebook, and Chris Roberts. Other than that I have understood probably the last 10 comments that he has made and maybe a few more. If you insult him directly or indirectly you're just kicking a person that has already been insulted on here many times before and it makes you look like an asshole. Not insulting you and not in love with Luke personally, just saying.

38. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 26, 2016, 10:14 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 08:20:
    SlimRam wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 01:58:
    Hmmmm...after that post I think it's finally time to say it...

Welcome back harlock/rudra it's been awhile!
    GTFO, you might just have nailed it.

Slick, how do you feel about that.
    My powers of observation often scare MYSELF. Please observe 2 post above for Mr. Harlock's responce Slick and CJ Parker seem to be literally separated at birth. They both have HUGE superiority complexes and love to talk down to any unfortunate soul that actually wants to comment on a subject that they happen to be upon. Hell, they even have almost the same computer config as they said a few days ago. I do not care so let them do what they do, doesn't really matter to me *bows*. Merry Christmas to All!!!

33. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 26, 2016, 01:58 SlimRam

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 01:05:
    Korrd wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 00:43:
    Slick wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:59:
    Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:57:
    Korrd wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 20:45:

Depends on the project, but as noted in the text this isn't really an engine switch.

ok... what is it then, "really"?

jesus christ

Quite, but to answer the question in earnest (because apparently it's challenging to read the content before commenting?): it is switching to another branch of Cryengine. It's pretty much like when a new version of the engine you're using is released and you update to that, except in this case it's from a different provider.

so you would call it a version switch... I already assumed it was not the same thing as switching to Unreal or something with a different code base... but its interesting to see how people choose to define words according to their particular perspectives - considering the title of the post is "engine switch"

yeh i dont click on weblinks posted by dumbfucks so i have no idea what the rest is about, but you dont have to bother with that either because i could care less
    Hmmmm...after that post I think it's finally time to say it...

Welcome back harlock/rudra it's been awhile!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 18:31 SlimRam

George Michael just died, he was 53.

I would say,"Suck it 2016" but somehow, this doesn't seem...quite right to say *cough*.

7. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 25, 2016, 17:20 SlimRam

KilrathiAce wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 17:14:
    Hopefully i am still alive when its released. Also, while they are at it how about buy wing commander rights already.
    I've always wondered, who owns the rights to the Wing Commander franchise now?

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
    14. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 24, 2016, 14:07 SlimRam

This blurb is from VentureBeat:

“We’ve been working with Amazon for more than a year, as we have been looking for a technology leader to partner with for the long term future of Star Citizen and Squadron 42,” said Roberts, Cloud Imperium Games’ CEO and creative director, in a statement. “Lumberyard provides ground breaking technology features for online games, including deep back-end cloud integration on AWS and its social component with Twitch that enables us to easily and instantly connect to millions of global gamers. Because we share a common technical vision, it has been a very smooth and easy transition to Lumberyard. In fact, we are excited to announce that our upcoming 2.6 Alpha release for Star Citizen is running on Lumberyard and AWS.”

Seems likes a good move BUT SC is apparently the only game being done with the engine thus far. Atleast NOW they are using an engine that was actually DESIGNED for online gaming. I'm guessing that when you are building a massive online multiplayer game you should probably pick an engine that is built for this purpose from the very start... But of course, i'm not the one building SC so what would I know.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 22:48 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:48:
    K, y'all. Serious question:

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

I'm a bit partial to Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas myself.
    I tend to go for Burton's Batman Returns, it's dark, beautifully shot, and Keaton's Batman suit looks awesome and makes him look like he actually has a chin.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Free Trial
    2. Re: Black Desert Online Free Trial Dec 23, 2016, 14:42 SlimRam

Downloaded installer for free 7 day trial version.

Realized it required a 41 GB download for the 7 day trial version.

Uninstalled installer.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
    48. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 17:00 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 16:49:
    That's the problem with every business that fails. It's the same with restaurants and why they have the highest failure rate. People with more money than common sense - and generally little to no experience - think how cool it'd be to own a bar/resto and gee, how hard can it really be after all? Well it's not hard...if you know what you're doing and you're focused. RSI is a perfect example of this. This is why so many of us chose not to back him to begin with. We were aware of us his previous history and the fact that WC/Freelancer got made IN SPITE of him, not because of him. This was the exact same shit he pulled before except others were holding the purse strings and finally gave him the boot for his incompetence. Vision is easy, ideas are a dime a dozen, focusing and delivering on time and budget is hard.
    Nicely said sir, my Dad owned and ran his own steakhouse for 14 years and it definitely had it's ups and downs. I'm not an expert on game development and from what I have read of Mr. Roberts i'd say your analysis is right on and apt.

877 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo