Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
34. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 09:42 SlimRam

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 09:30:
SlimRam, it looks interesting enough, but I'm PC only. And when I do get some gaming cash, it'll be to upgrade my rig, which is about at cutting edge of 2013 status, I guess? (i5 & GTX 760, so you tell me). I just hope it runs ME:A okay.
You can get Binary Domain for a buck fifty. And it isn't very demanding on yer system. For that money you seriously cannot lose. I actually enjoyed the game a lot but my eyes were sore from rolling so much towards the end of the game

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 09:18 SlimRam

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:30:
I prefer playing a badass, but he doesn't have to be talked up by everybody in the game as the Great One, Galactic Messiah, etc. Just being able to whup ass is good enough.

In other words, a good cover shooter about space exploration/colonization, with lots of make-your-own-movie cutscenes, some good companions that can tag along on missions. Maybe a great salvage/crafting system to make up for not having the other stuff. Heck, I could even deal with something that plays like Resident Evil 6/Revelations 1/2/etc., no interactivity to the cutscenes, if the story, environments, characters, etc., were good.
I HATE to say it but... Binary Domain.

Not sure if you have heard/read about this game or not buuuuut... it's LITERALLY the closest you will ever get to a "Mass Effect" type game. The shooting is actually REALLY good and your opponents are all robots that break apart as you shoot them and even crawl towards you if they're legs are blown off (locational damage). There is interaction between teammates but it doesn't really matter that much.

Anyway, a fun game that has a crazy typical Japanese plot that is totally unbelievable.

P.S. It has voice control that you are supposed to be able to "shout out" to your AI team mates as you play through your headphones or mic... yeah, this function DOES NOT WORK!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2017, 08:12 SlimRam

NIN Sir, I am calling you OUT! You have been a staple of 'Blues News' almost as long as Blue's News it's self (Yeah, I've been reading this site for a loooooong time). I'm not sure what drove you to head underground but understand this; I'm literally no one and I have no impact on this site one way or another. I do not know you or pretend to but... You seem like a decent guy. I know that you don't really care about me one way or the other and I totally get that. I could EASILY be considered a troll and I believe the difference is that I don't intentionally try to hurt people.

ANYWAY, NOT trying to be gay and whatever BUT, you need to understand that this site needs you. You are one of the founders of this site and a certain level of interactivity is expected.

PREZ is a guy that I have never really known but I have read his post over the years and I realized he was a really knowledgeable guy and a HELL of a nice guy who disappeared for awhile. I realized that I missed him and I've missed you too and this site needs you back. Dunno what your beef is but... get your ass back in here. Salute

29. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2017, 06:30 SlimRam

NKD wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 06:10:
Well I talked to basically everyone and listened to what they had to say so I could soak in the lore and backstory. Didn't really do a lot of dialogue skipping. Also I've only played on Insanity so there were a few really tough fights where it took me 15 minutes to finally stop dying and beat them. I also spent a good amount of time screwing around with my gear and crafting stuff. That can be somewhat time consuming because of the crappy UI and having to reload saves to reset the vendor to buy more augments.

I spent some time dicking around with the Nomad just exploring and ramping it off stuff, but my first playthrough was 80+ hours and I maybe spent 4-5 of those hours in total just wandering randomly in the Nomad. The rest was time spent on actually doing quests and killing stuff and talking to people.

You can get through the game super quick if you ignore all sidequests, spacebar the dialogue, and play on easy mode. But there is a ton of side content, and a lot of it is really good and doesn't feel like filler at all.
I'm the ultimate 'completionist' so I ALWAYS complete ALL the side quest (I'm currently playing 'Witcher 3' and yep... trying to do ALL the side quest and THEN head straight into the DLC... DAMN!). Ah, anyway, thanks for the review, I really understand what awaits meh in Andromeda... and I'm TOTALLY STOKED!

27. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 06:02 SlimRam

NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 23:57:
Well I'm up to 158 hours in Andromeda
The fact that you have 158 hours in this game (without multiplayer) is astounding and gives me total mahogany. I adore long games and am a YUUUUUGE Mass Effect fan and this seems awesome! Were you actually "doing stuff" the whole time, or was this kinda "learning stuff and exploring" included?

About to get enough money for this and REALLY considering diving in!

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Star Trek: Bridge Crew Apr 5, 2017, 05:25 SlimRam

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

THIS GAME actually seems like the real "Dream". After watching this video I'm pretty sure I'd actually kill someone to play this. I have no PS4 Pro, Oculus, or Vive action to speak of but DAMN, I WANT THIS FUCKING GAME! and no, I wouldn't have to be the captain. I'd be perfectly happy being the engineer... hell, I'd probably be halfway into the Saurian brandy WHILE trying to give the engines, "All she's GOT!"

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2017, 05:36.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Camera-equipped sex toy manufacturer ignores multiple warnings about horrible, gaping security vulne Apr 4, 2017, 09:50 SlimRam

Not really sure if I would use the words "sex toy" and "gaping" in the same sentence...

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
6. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 30, 2017, 22:19 SlimRam

"NEW LEGENDS GRINDERS WILL RISE!"  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 30, 2017, 14:13 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:59:
Seriously, what did they *think* would happen?
They actually thought that Donald Trump, you know, the billionaire, was a "Man for the Working Middle-Class".

Now, they are starting to realize that, surprise surprise, corporate america was his only agenda all along.

Tools one and all.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 29, 2017, 22:52 SlimRam

For one to get the true EA Battlefront 2 experience I hope EA realizes that they have to offer even less content than before, veering even further away from what made the original games so great. Also they need to make the base game more expensive, then release the obligatory DLC at a higher price and also offer less content, again. That would be the perfect successor to the first gem they released.  

38. Paralyzed man uses arm thanks to experimental device. Mar 29, 2017, 22:11 SlimRam

It's a hopeful story and i'm glad that it's working but... He didn't seem to have any fine motor function sooooo... I still wouldn't be able to use a controller with my gimpy right hand.

Which means this tech has a little ways to go before I consider it a success

13. SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING - Official Trailer #2. Mar 28, 2017, 16:46 SlimRam

I feel dirty lusting after Aunt May.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
5. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer Mar 25, 2017, 01:50 SlimRam

I passed on this the first time they released it, I see nothing that makes me want to change that.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
21. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 21:04 SlimRam

Saboth wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 20:55:
So they are incentivized to drag out development as long as possible, because as soon as the game is finished, that unexplainable cash flow stops or subsides.

Exactly. It's all about selling the promise of a great game, or as a lot of fans call it, "The Dream". Unfortunately, it's probably going to end in a litigation nightmare.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy. Mar 23, 2017, 22:28 SlimRam

Great job once again Republicans, keep on fuckin' us raw.

The actual vote numbers here.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 17:07 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 15:01:
I'm guessing quite a few of you use TV android boxes. Me Ma wants one as she's a big TV watcher and wants to cut the cable. I'm the exact opposite and could care less but seeing as I'm the tech guy I said I'd look into it. Now he uses a MyGica box but from what I can glean so far they're massively overpriced because it's just a box with all the software preloaded.

So looking at Amazon Canada they have these Android boxes

Which are more reasonable in the sub $50 dollar range. Are those the same things? Come with KODI or you're able to install KODI to them? Something that's good for 4K and decent memory so it's a bit futreproofed. Any recs? Thanks!
I was going to go with this one. It's fairly pricey but it's a OTA DVR too, nice air mouse/keyboard remote and auto updates Kodi. Basically, if you want a worry-free experience this might be the way to go.

21. Fifth Element -Diva Aria. Mar 22, 2017, 19:25 SlimRam

Korben Dallas: "Ray... the gun!"

(Baby Ray looks at Korben blankly and motions that he cannot hear him)

Korben Dallas: (Frustraitingly) "Ray gimme the gun, the gun,... the GUN!"

(Baby Ray looks as if he understands and starts moving towards the gun)

Korben Dallas: "Yes! The gun, yeah."

(Baby Ray picks up two pool balls and rolls them right next to Korben and waves smiling slightly)

Korben Dallas: "Thanks Ray."

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
57. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Mar 21, 2017, 19:35 SlimRam

Rigs wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 19:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 18:01:
So far there isn't anyone you can't screw. Still hoping for some human/krogan action

So if I play the male Ryder sibling, can I bang my sister? Wacko (What!? You said there wasn't anyone you can't screw... ) Those emotional-less, dead-inside expressions are like sooo hot!

*ahem* I'll...just sit over here. Alone. So very, very alone.

=-Rigs-=
Hehehe, FURTHERMORE, can male Ryder nail his dad before he gets ganked?

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan
29. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 19, 2017, 17:42 SlimRam

Echo Red Park wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 16:54:
Gee, I hope this doesn't push back the game's release date.

LOL, what the hell am I talking about?! Like this game will ever get finished...
They had an office collator, named Milton Waddams, that reportedly lost his stapler, and it set release date back several months.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2017, 04:24 SlimRam

Chuck Berry died, he was 90.

"Hail! Hail! Rock n Roll"

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo