Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 730 (Apprentice)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2016, 00:24 SlimRam

Glad you know what your ailment is Blue...I guess that means you won't be needing my Google doctoral services anymore?

*Sighs heavily, takes of rubber gloves, and leaves the room*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2016, 14:19 SlimRam

Well, if it follows the formula for another recent popular stellar reboot it will have Willow Smith as Penny and she will have a secret love affair with B-9. There will be LOTS of lens flair, explosions, and slow motion, teary-eyed looks of loss into the camera as the ship nearly gets destroyed every episode. I'm stoked for this.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
10. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jul 1, 2016, 02:22 SlimRam

Sempai wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 23:40:
shihonage wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 22:39:
I fear that by now Valve has become a disorganized culture of passive-aggressive commies, kept alive by Steam money. There's no HL3, there's no L4D3.

Exactly.

Like, what is it they even do over there at Candyland?
Valve has become a fucking joke.
If I was worth 1.5 BILLION like Gabe, i'd probably not be too motivated to do much of anything either. Except of course the obligatory hookers and blow

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 29, 2016, 18:43 SlimRam

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 17:27:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 14:46:
Not only do you need to comment, you need to have a top level comment.

See... that's why I'm not participating. We all know I'd win all 14!
Then just post your comment and mail ME the damn thing CJ! C'mon MAN, help a brutha OUT!

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 29, 2016, 18:18 SlimRam

Being a one-handed gamer (thanks, cruel twist of fate) I will have to stick with my Logitech G13. I LOVE this damn thing and literally could not play games without it. I'll also say Logitech makes a tough piece of hardware to boot. I've used this thing almost everyday now exclusively for gaming for over a year and it hasn't broke yet; amazing. Thankfully it fits my left hand great and I actually use my thumb on the mini joystick for my mouse (I wish they would make a mini rollerball version for the thumbstick because I think it would be more accurate) which leaves 4 fingers free to use the 24 programmable buttons as needed. Until something better comes along, i'm pretty much stuck with the peripheral that I use but it suits me fine (I can play DOOM on increased difficulty and can still kick ass in the single player game).

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2016, 18:28.

News Comments > System Shock Specs
14. Re: System Shock Specs Jun 28, 2016, 17:47 SlimRam

Just played the pre-alpha demo and it seems fun. I have a AMD FX 8320 OCed to 4 GHZ, 8 GB RAM, and a GTX 960 2GB (slightly OCed) and it runs ok at 1080. There are a few hitches but I can see this being fixed. The weird thing is the textures. The floor and wall textures are extremely low res to the point of being pixelated? I'm guessing this is on purpose and is supposed to give the game a "retro" feel but, the effect is a little jarring at first. You can only play for about an hour, but overall I think the game is going to be fun. I never played the original game (I know, I know, very sad) but i'm definitely looking forward to this.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2016, 01:03 SlimRam

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 21:21:
Oh, I know. I'd either wake up with no air in my lungs, gasping for breath (like an asthma attack) or have dreams where I was underwater, drowning and couldn't make it to the surface (again, no air)...

The thing that finally brought me to the table was a stat that said something like 70% of stroke patients had previous sleep apnea symptoms. I pretty much went straight to the doctor after reading that...

Huh, that IS interesting. I never knew that statistic and my wife said that she heard me frequently stop breathing while I slept. She said she would just punch or kick me and i'd start breathing again...And then I had a stroke hmmmmm.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 11:13 SlimRam

Just ignore it until it's too late, it's what guys do!

You're in luck, Dr. SlimRam, Google doctor extraordinaire, is on the case! My main field of study is gynecology but I made an exception! I looked up sore elbow and flu like symptoms and came up with Tuberculosis. Wait...that's not really lucky...um...well anyway look here.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2016, 11:34.

News Comments > Whore of the Orient Cancelled?
4. Re: Whore of the Orient Cancelled? Jun 24, 2016, 11:04 SlimRam

The title reminded me of the song 'Whore' by In This Moment

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2016, 11:39.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Instant Action Coming?
23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Instant Action Coming? Jun 24, 2016, 06:32 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 03:16:
Well, well, well, isn't this interesting. I might actually pick this up, if there are bots.

Heh, yup! I have to say, "Good on them for this at least." And the minute I read this I thought,"I know someone that would probably like this" (you). I know you're a bot fan.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 22, 2016, 02:13 SlimRam

Is it just me or was this last season not as funny as the previous seasons? Me and my wife have watched and loved all the past seasons but this one seemed to start out pretty dry. The last few episodes were the funniest we thought of this season. Glad they are renewed though!  

26. Re: longest day/night Jun 20, 2016, 21:42 SlimRam

R.I.P.: 'Star Trek' Star Anton Yelchin, Dead After Freak Accident.

Geez, if Anton didn't want to make another shitty Star Trek movie he should have just talked to his agent.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
21. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 16, 2016, 16:56 SlimRam

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 16:13:
Fion wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 14:03:
And is it just me or has weapon & armor technology basically the same when the timeline has advanced hundreds of years. I get it, the ME 'look' is rather iconic, but you can keep the aesthetic without jarring the 'far flung future' experience.

The crew left the Milky Way sometime during the events of the previous series and has been in stasis for the centuries long journey, so their tech is at the same level when they left.
Considering the Andromeda galaxy is 2.5 million light years away, and according to here the ships in Mass Effect can travel at 50 times the speed of light...That means that it will take them roughly 50,000 years to reach Andromeda.

I just hope they found one HELL of a shortcut and carry plenty of road beers.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2016, 17:07.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2016, 16:34 SlimRam

Happy Birthday Mrs.B, don't do nuthin' you can't lie yo way out uf!  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
8. Re: Into the Black Jun 15, 2016, 23:23 SlimRam

I played the last 3 games a ridiculous, almost embarrassing amount and loved every damn minute of it. More Mass Effect can NEVER be a bad thing!  

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Announced
12. Re: Dead Rising 4 Announced Jun 15, 2016, 04:25 SlimRam

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 18:27:
Look, we've given MS a TON of shit over the years for their 'support' of PC gaming, but they have just announced three (four?) major AAA titles that would have been exclusives last year, and said they are coming to the PC.

Yes, it's a UWA/UWP (whatever) and only on Windows 10, but they ARE going to be on PC, and I think the "buy once play wherever" thing is also to be applauded as a good measure, especially since it will allow mp crossplay. (more controller peasants to frag!)

So, for my part, good on ya, MS.
Ya might want to check the Evening Consolidation section for today. Keyboard and Mouse support for the Xbone is a few months away (and that does mean in game, not just menu navigation) soooo maybe a few less controller peasants

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
5. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 21:02 SlimRam

After watching the video on the page I think I just broke my zipper.  

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2016, 00:04 SlimRam

Popped onto the site kind of late today and noticed the post count kind of high for Out of the Blue and figured Blue was giving away free grilled bacon. Sadly, this is not the case.  

News Comments > Star Trek VR Game Plans
9. Re: Star Trek VR Game Plans Jun 12, 2016, 22:42 SlimRam

Task wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:09:
I wish it would simulate beyond just the bridge like going on away missions in shuttles or via transporter.
Or to Deanna Troi's quarters *RAWR*

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
20. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 22:21 SlimRam

You may want to look here. If you look at the crowdfunding timeline in top right part of the page and change it to show for months instead of the default days, you can clearly see that the donations are drying up. It only goes back to last November but, you can see that the money donations are in decline and they have been since November. If they need 3 million a month to maintain, by this graph they are not getting it. Granted, they have raised 115 million as of right now. *shrug*  

730 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo