Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1334 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Trilogy Announced

5. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 21:42 SlimRam

• Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3

• Over 75 hours of story content, plus Mass Effect 3ís online co-op multiplayer

• Create and customize your own character with his or her appearance and skills, then play your Commander Shepard through all three Mass Effect games.

• Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.

• Build a personalized arsenal with powerful weapons complete with their own upgrades and modifications

• Unleash devastating abilities and skills as you command and train an elite squad.

• AND THEN EXPERIENCE THE UUUUUUUUULTIMATE MIND-BENDING CLIMAX TO THIS INCREDIBLE SAGA!!!!

.....then realize that there was absolutely no point in making any of the hundreds of decisions that brought you to the ending... Furious2

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"

18. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It" Sep 14, 2012, 01:11 SlimRam

Damn, the way everyone jizzes over this game apparently it's awesome? The minute I read that there were no weapons I thought, "Well dammit, if I can't blow the torso out from under some ugly, attacking monsters face with a double-barrel shotgun...what's the point?" .....must look into this further, hmmmmmm  

News Comments > Just Cause 2 MP Mod Beta Event

2. Re: Just Cause 2 MP Mod Beta Event Sep 7, 2012, 22:33 SlimRam

Oh I have GOT to try this! I saw some videos of the last beta test and it looked totally INSANE. I will do my best to be there *salutes*  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 20:53 SlimRam

Well...i'm happy that they finally put out some SP DLC. I have to admit that I have been hooked on this series since the beginning and I truely loved just about every single moment of this series....um...ok, I had issues with Miranda in ME2. I made sure that in EVERY incarnation of my Shepard...she died

Anyway, glad to see some new content and NO it don't mean a Hill-O-Beans to the end story (although perhaps if Jessica Chobot was dancing naked in front of me as I made my final epic choice I believe that would have raised the quality of the ending...) *Ahem*

Uh...anyway, glad to see the DLC. Probably won't be buying it immediately but will get this. Rifle

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Revival Announced

25. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 19:13 SlimRam

All I gotta say is:

EXCALIBAT!!!

IF there is NO Excalibat...there cannot possible be a ROTT, period.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins

109. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 22:18 SlimRam

Oh DEAR GOD I just got paid today and most of my bills are paid....thinking that I already have plenty of stuff to play and no time....thinking and peeking at the Steam sales....NOooooooooo *Throws my wallet across the room.......then dives after it screaming, "DAMN YOU STEAM!!!"  

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?

56. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 27, 2012, 23:13 SlimRam

Bhruic wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 20:18:
    Bioware said any new Mass Effect games would be set either prior or during the Shepard Era.

That's really unbelievable tho'. You can't make an epic-scale game, which is all they'd be interested in making, when you've already set the stage. There isn't room for another hero in the Shepard timeline, and if they set it beforehand, well, we've already got all the backstory which explains what happened then, so there's no room for "epicness" there either.

Hmmmm...didn't Bioware tell people NOT to delete they're saved games from ME3? That tells me maybe that the "new" ME game will somehow use the choices you made? Maybe they will just use the very last decision you made of the three endings, and if that was the case and they make a game post ME3.....well then they would have to basically make a new game with the scenario of all 3 different endings built into the game and the player only playing the result of what they chose....then again Bioware would have to make 3 different versions of the new game, and that would be a HELLUVA lot of content *shakes head* eek

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Delayed

20. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:19 SlimRam

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 16:05:
    Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:21:
    Kythlyn wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:15:
    Far Cry 2 is STILL a mess on PC. Bugs everywhere.

I didn't really put much time into FC2, what specifically were the problems? Just curious, I vaguely remember the respawning enemies being obnoxious and hated the malaria implementation but that was more my opinion than actual bugs.
    Yeah, I don't really remember any bugs, just a lot of really annoying gameplay design decisions that made it feel like the game just wanted to make me quit. The fact that those things couldn't be changed or modded out was probably the most frustrating thing about it. I played it for a little while and then moved on to something fun. Too bad, because it had a lot of potential. Hope that designer never gets involved in another FC game.

Annoying things, off the top of my head:
  • malaria crap

• respawning enemies (I just fucking killed you 2 minutes ago!!)

• ridiculously repetitive car chases

• omniscient enemies

• BS "secret mission" crap to justify everyone trying to kill you

• interface still felt kind of console-y (minor thing.. but still)

• Well the thing that REALLY evened the playing field for me with the respawn/car chase thingy was ALWAYS driving a technical with the MG mounted on the back. You heard the engine rev and bullets wizz behind you, stop the truck, jump to the MG with a touch of a button, and lay into the bastards Worked like a charm; before I realized that I stayed off the main roads as much as possible and used the bus system to get closer to the objective. Oh, and I REALLY like the fact that your npc buddy could come and rescue you when you got shot up good.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Delayed

17. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:52 SlimRam

I played FC2 for quite a bit, kinda screwing around alot trying to find the diamonds and stuff, playing some of the missions and i actually had a bit of fun with it? I didn't like the respawning AT ALL and it felt like a chore to get from one place to the other (even with the bus system they had) but...I kinda liked it. I played with a xbox controller (which worked great with it) and i didn't think the response was so bad? The malaria thing was retarded BUT when you ran out of pills it kind of changed the gameplay to "Go get some more damn pills before you DIE!". And for the time, with the graphics maxed, the game WAS drop dead gorgeous. I remember showing my wife the first time I jumped in a boat and went cruising down the waterway and even she said, "Damn that's pretty" As far as bugs go...my game never crashed once that I remember?  

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October

20. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 20, 2012, 02:26 SlimRam

Step One:

Apply the Dead Horse.

Step Two:

Commence the Beating.

DOOM 3 needs to die the undignified death that it richly deserves. Time to move on Id with a new IP....oh wait......nevermind Skull

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Specs

13. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Specs Jun 13, 2012, 01:29 SlimRam

Im sorry...*thinking*...*sniff* I WILL NOT buy this game...unless the original cast and producers of the first 'Most Wanted' movies are back on BOARD! My god....the sheer *shaking hands and head*...the sheer BADNESS of theses movies is the stuff of legends! The guy named 'Razor' has to be the MOST AWESOMELY over-the-top, ridiculous 'bad guy' character that was ever captured in front of a camera....and the black police guy that is chasing you and his side-kick are also honorable mentions of there own. You JUST DON'T SEE this kind of talent anymore in video games; The performances simply MOVE you.....mainly to the closest toilet...BUT STILL...timeless performances that MUST BE HONORED! *Wipes away a tear and steps of his soapbox and bows* "Thank you"  

News Comments > Tex Murphy - Project Fedora Funded

3. Re: Tex Murphy - Project Fedora Funded Jun 11, 2012, 20:44 SlimRam

"My GOD Murphy, you look like HELL"

Good stuff there and glad they are bringing back Tex. I think i finished 'Martian Memorandum' and I got a good way through 'Under a Killing Moon' (great game). I hope they bring back the same guy that played him in 'Killing', his delivery was dry and spot on. They need to make him an old, burnt out, drunk.....kinda like Max Payne but without the bullet time

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns

20. Re: Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns Mar 22, 2012, 23:31 SlimRam

Hawk: "Let the fur fly kid!"

Hawk to Casey 'Wing Commander: Prophecy'

*Lowers my head nodding slightly with my fist raised in the air and whispers*

"Indeed Hawk.......indeed"

Helmet

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo for All

50. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo for All Feb 18, 2012, 02:37 SlimRam

Jesus, I honestly can't BELIEVE that they let that animation go??? It kinda looks like FemShep is runnin' with a full load in the uniform???

Hey guys. Been a long time lurker and Bluesnews fan for many years, good to meet you all.

1334 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 67.
    < Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >