Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1334 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer

44. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 22:39 SlimRam

Prez wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 22:04:
Admittedly being old myself, I struggle to not be "that guy" who blathers on about how great things were in the old days. They had their ups and downs, just like any generation. Honestly, these days it is easy to be skeptical, negative, and hateful about most things since more often than not there are myriad reasons given to do just that; experience dictates that it's the safe "default mode". Still, I personally am enjoying gaming as much today as I ever have despite certain regressions in areas (as noted by jdreyer and others) - I have actually become more tolerant in my old age instead of less, which is weird. So while I am tolerant of many of gaming's aforementioned regressions to a point (Blizzard and Bioware have in recent years regressed far beyond even what I can tolerate, and EA just flat-out sucks), I also find myself being tolerant of the the rampant negativity among those of us who are not so willing to tolerate many of modern gaming's shortcomings as I am. In truth, while it seems that many here default to hate mode almost immediately, from what I've seen this place if anything is pretty mild compared to other places, and actually the people hating in one thread to the next aren't usually the same (with some exceptions ).

THIS pretty much.

I lurked on these boards for MANY YEARS before I ever posted and the thing I always took away from reading the comments here was this: The group of people on this forum are generally well informed, honest (to the point of brutality sometimes), but MOST of all..... They're fucking PASSIONATE about games and gaming, seriously. I have seen game developers come to this board to defend or maybe "inform" of certain design decisions or gameplay aspects that were unpopular. Well instead of the usual 'let's kiss his ass, HE'S the developer' maybe on other forums; instead if his game SUCKS then the people here plainly tell him 'Your Game Sucks' BUT...not so much with hate.....Well...unless it was Derek Smart {SHHHH SHHHH I KNOW were NOT supposed to chant the name LOLOLOL} But then to just honestly EXPLAIN in brutal honest detail WHY his game sucks... And that's what I found so awesome about this forum and the people here. Proud to be a part of it actually *SALUTES*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale

2. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 24, 2013, 21:30 SlimRam

Well DAMMIT that settles it! Free for the weekend AND on sale for 12.50! I'm taking the plunge! "OFF WIT 'IS HEAD!!!"

I'm sure that will definitely be MY head a rollin' rollin' rollin

News Comments > Steam Top 10

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2013, 23:02 SlimRam

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 21:40:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 20:28:
Picked up Colonial Marines for $35 over at GMG because fuck it, that's why...

Ditto, I've spent more money on worse games!
I call dibs on welding doors shut in Co-Op!

I call dibs on running like a scared little child when the poop hits the fan aka 'The Hudson Shuffle' in co-op

Ripley: "Well, somebody's gonna have to go out there. Take a portable terminal, go out there and patch in manually."
Hudson: "Oh yeah, sure! With those things runnin' around? You can count me out."
Hicks: "Yeah I guess we can just count you out of everything, Hudson."

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2013, 23:09.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines

23. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 20:27 SlimRam

Damn me and my love for this franchise! I can only pray that the game has online coop play so I can be "totally badass" like Hudson and scream, "Come on motherfucker! Oh YOU want some TO!!" into my headset while blasting the bejesus out of some aliens ASS! I....I...*clamping my hand over my mouth to stop the words*...Oh DAMMIT I even liked the fucking AVP movies too!!! I'm such a hopeless fanboy, screams "Just shut up and take my god damn MONEY Gearbox!" *Reaches for his wallet and then starts hitting my hand with a hammer to try and stop myself* AHhhhhhhhOOohhhhh  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial

20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial Jan 16, 2013, 00:25 SlimRam

Quinn wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 17:42:
My fucking god... appears there is some disgracing crap out there on the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rek4WU1s

It's almost like this shit was supposed to come out between AVP and AVP 2...

Jesus Jones, I was almost excited by this game but after seeing this video.....um....yeah no, not so much now. WTF? The comments below the clip pretty much cover how I felt watching this. There seems to be no suspence, no 'splash damage' from acid.....no....scariness. I adored the 1st AVP in 1999. When you played that shit in the dark, with your headphones on, it was kinda freaky (especially playing as the marine). It somehow put you in the game and I always remember the DREAD of trying to make it to the next objective. Obviously I haven't played this but...I just don't know if this game is going to make you 'feel' like you are there and in trouble?

Either way I hope it's good because I LOVE this universe *hopefully optimistic*

News Comments > Steam Top 10

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 18:45 SlimRam

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 13:47:
Is it bad that I've never finished a mission in ARMA 1 or 2 due to the crappy control's or horrible voice work?

And hit the 2nd island in Far Cry 3 yesterday.

Super Secret Text to follow:
Holy crap how many times does the main character 'die' in this game?

I bought both also and have completed maybe one mission, I installed DayZ and played it for a bit and didn't care for it. Now I have over 20 hours in Far Cry 3 and I haven't seen the second island yet... I tend to OCD on games like this. I'm trying to get all the loot and secrets before I further the main story. It sucks a bit because FC3's skill tree will only open so far before you continue the main story soooooo i'm sitting on like 4 skill points that I can't use right now Annoyed

Also i'm a bit surprized to see Chivalry at #2?? It seems the game is good from what i've seen and read but.... is it that popular? You hardly see any press from it? *shrug*

News Comments > Smell-O-Vision

33. Re: Smell-O-Vision Jan 9, 2013, 18:52 SlimRam

nin wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:18:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:16:
LesCaster wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:15:
Why would they make the game make you barf?

While they may not intentionally aim for inducing the gag reflex, for people like me who are hyper-sensitive to smells, even "good" smells can become objectionable after enough exposure. I can't walk through the perfume section of stores without winding up with a pounding headache.

Yeah, it would definitely need to be adjustable and subtle in general. Also, you can just not use it. :p

I look forward to game where the screen is black and you're simply forced to follow your nose...

This. I believe this would be the best application IMAGINE....

THE RETURN OF ZORK IN SMELL-O-VISION!

A Dark Room

You are standing in a completely dark room. Your likely to be eaten by a Grue...

> smell west

You smell towards the west of the room and smell a stinky Grue, lurking...

> go east

Ahh the possiblities

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2013, 19:56.

News Comments > Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod

25. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 9, 2013, 12:45 SlimRam

Yeah, I know what you mean and I do tend to OCD on big games like this. Also I have so many games that I play I never seem to finish tha8t many. It's hard for me to sit and play the same game like day after day after weeks (in the case of Skyrim ). Also I tend to play the side quest first before I start the main story.  

News Comments > Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod

22. Re: Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod Jan 8, 2013, 23:27 SlimRam

I LOVE this game and have played it extensively but I still have only completed a handful of the 'main story' quest. I can't understand how people are on they're second and third playthrough of the game??? I take EVERY side quest no matter how small and talk to all the NPCs. I explore EVERY area I find for loot. I think this is the mod I was looking for *YAY*

P.S. The ONLY mods you REALLY need for this game are the Vilja companion......with the Animated Prostitution mod......and the CBBE BodySlider....*cough*.....sorry

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2013, 01:27.

News Comments > THQ Investors Call Shenanigans

33. Shenanigans Jan 4, 2013, 20:24 SlimRam

I wasn't going to comment on this but Blue mentioned 'Shenanigans' and i've learned from South Park that when you call shenanigans, by God, the shenanigans BETTER be justified!

Here's to hoping that Blue appreciates the true immensity of declaring shenanigans and uses the power wisely, as i'm sure he will

News Comments > Op Ed

13. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 23:34 SlimRam

So, I have a secret wish. Whenever Im in the public eye, whether its doing PR or giving a talk and this is going to sound amazingly corny I hope that theres a little girl out there that sees me and thinks to herself, Oh look! I can be a stripper too.

God Bless her *holds a lit lighter up in the air* Keep the dream alive darlin' *Fishing in my wallet for singles with a little tear in my eye*

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

25. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 3, 2013, 22:03 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 13:11:
Is he talking about a certain kind of pirate?

I believe this particular kind would be called 'The Great Butt Piratization'...

In other words Watsham is probably pulling figures out of his ass.

News Comments > The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans

26. Re: The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans Jan 3, 2013, 01:05 SlimRam

IF they implement the use of the Oculus Rift and ....... This....... And allow the character to have a mechanical hand like Luke and Anakin had so that the lovemaking could include those 'tender special moments of prolonged fisting'....with a Gamorrean....

I would buy this INSTANTLY!

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2013, 01:23.

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns

23. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Dec 31, 2012, 15:51 SlimRam

• Pet Society Vacation for iPhone

• That's IT! NOW I HATE EA!

News Comments > Op Ed

18. STOP THE MADNESS!!! Dec 26, 2012, 16:55 SlimRam

no No NO!!!! JUST when you think MEN can have SOMETHING for themselves.... here comes the hairy-legged feminatzis lesbian brigade to DUMP ALL OVER anything a man can possibly enjoy! WILL SOMEONE PLEASE tell me what-the-HELL happened to men being MEN DAMMIT! If I want a goddamn game with hot chicks with huge jugs and chainsaws and shotguns and midgets and farm animals, it's my fucking PEROGATIVE!

*Pounding on the table* Gentlemen! Do we WANT to play some kind of namby-pamby girls game like 'Super Tampon Simulator with Flowers and Ponies' HELL NO!!! I want FEET of BLOOD, enough violence to make Satan say, "OH SHIT!" Enough naked female flesh to make Larry Flint say, "Oh the HUMANITY".

I will GLADLY accept the title of 'Knuckle Dragging Neanderthal' as long as I have a piece of ass in one hand and a shotgun in the other! HELL, WHO SAID WOMEN COULD COME OUT OF THE KITCHEN ANYWAY?!?! Certainly NOT ME and if you piss while standing (or falling off the side of someone porch like this past Christmas for myself) then CERTAINLY NOT YOU REAL MEN EITHER!

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?

*Jumps off my soapbox and yells at my woman, "MAKE ME A SAMMICH!!"

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale

31. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 18:06 SlimRam

I'm not really sure if I can handle the thought of no more Saint's Row games... *eye starts to twitch as I stare blankly at the news on my screen and fart aloud* Drool  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 21:34 SlimRam

Ahumado wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 20:43:
    The game and iD earned the reviews this game produced. They should be shamed. Let's see what they do in their next at bat

I cannot speak for everyone but I believe
    that
    has been the problem Ahumado. Fans of id have been patiently 'waiting for that next game' for years now? Honestly I would say that Quake III was the last "huge" thing they did as far as innovation, graphics, and gameplay. Remember when they announced that Quake III was going to be multiplayer only? Holy shit, most the id fans thought Carmack had flipped his lid but..... He was riiiiiiiiight, and the game was a success.

I guess (like alot of people) I was let down by Rage because I wanted SO BAD for this to be the game that brought them back to HALF the greatness they use to be. And like lots others.....well, I speak for myself....and the other 5 multiple personalities sharing my mind currently that I am just DONE with waiting for id's 'Killer App'. The dream is gone *shrug*

News Comments > Frontier Layoffs

15. Re: Frontier Layoffs Dec 17, 2012, 17:29 SlimRam

Lady perhaps? *counting heads* and Gentlemen, allow me to paraphrase a bit here, ahem:

"My name is David Braben and i'd like to take FULL CREDIT for creating the hugely popular PC title 'Elite'. There was the other fuck-face named....uh....Ian...oh shit what was his name...oh yes Ian Bell, but he's not really important..it's ALL about me. I have rode the success of this title since the 80's and i'm STILL RIDIN' HARD!

I needed MONEY people...LOTS OF IT! Soooooo I basically hired 14 people randomly off the street to fill in slots, called my company 'Frontier Developments' (which was honestly just ME all along) and started a kickstarter. Well, you cheap fucks haven't apparently noticed the the God before you and my pubic funding is failing.

Unfortunately I am now going to fire the 14 homeless people that I hired and will be calling it 'restructuring'. PLEASE don't worry, 'Frontier Developments' will continue doing what it has been doing with the money that we have....and that would be nothing.

Thanks for the laughs (mainly to the bank) and the fish (god rest you Douglas Adams)".

David 'Davie B' Braben

News Comments > Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics

20. Re: Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics Dec 15, 2012, 02:15 SlimRam

Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 01:21:
    SlimRam wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 23:07:
    BRING IT YERLI, MY SYSTEM IS READY!!!

*Pops open the side panel on my 'puter and slides a few EXTRA grapes to the hamster running on the wheel powering my box while whispering, "yeah Mr. Puddles....we'll SHOW them performance...won't we boy..."*

How many Hertz (resolutions per minute) does Mr. Puddles run at with those extra grapes? He must be breaking the magical 5.0 barrier?

Creston

I actually still have a 'Turbo' button on my machine when I need the extra performance...

It basically just projects an image of Richard Gere's ass in front of the hamster, then the Hertz really start to soar! Weird ain't it?

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2012, 02:24.

News Comments > Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics

13. Re: Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics Dec 14, 2012, 23:07 SlimRam

BRING IT YERLI, MY SYSTEM IS READY!!!

*Pops open the side panel on my 'puter and slides a few EXTRA grapes to the hamster running on the wheel powering my box while whispering, "yeah Mr. Puddles....we'll SHOW them performance...won't we boy..."*

1334 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 65.
    < Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >