Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1334 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2013, 22:50 SlimRam

*Pointing finger at Hudson and ordering*

"Hudson, STAY.....*whispering* ...with us a bit longer"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released

43. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 23:39 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:58:
RavingArmy wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 19:37:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:13:
That Aurora looks sweet.

The thing about free traders I always wondered about though is this: When you play a military style space sim, it makes sense that your ship is tricked out with weaps and stuff since you're in the military. But for trading ships, that never made sense to me. It's not like people today outfit their DC9s or Learjets with 0.50 cal MGs and Stingers.

True, but midair piracy hasn't really been a practical criminal enterprise. It helps to think in nautical terms. Age of Sail freighters and other ships who were definitely not a man-of-war still carried armaments. They weren't as heavily armed as a ship of the line or even a frigate, but they had enough firepower to discourage smaller raiders who didn't have the means to fight it out or the sense to withdraw. Larger pirate crews, on the other hand, could take the losses and still make out pretty well on the deal.

Yeah, that's a good point. Hell, Captian Phillips is in theaters right now. If that ship had been armed, none of that would have happened.

I also thought about it a bit more and realized a wild west paradigm applied as well. Wagon trains were not military, but were always armed due to the dangers of the frontiers. I guess if your space environment is a frontier, then it makes sense.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to be a space salvage guy, already got a slogan picked out: "SlimRam's Salvage: If The Part Looks Like It Came Off Your Ship, It Probably Did But, Your Still Paying Full Price" Nifty eh?

Uh, as far as piracy goes i'm going to try the 'Millennium Falcon' approach if possible. I'd like to be able to make a freighter that holds quite a bit, has enough firepower to keep little guys away, but is also DAMN FAST! I don't plan on sticking around when the shit gets hairy. If you remember, the Falcon had probably minimal shields, didn't look like much, but was VERY FAST and quite maneuverable for her size (she could almost out fly tie fighters).....Also i'll have to make some hidden cargo areas....for hiding myself if I get boarded *Cue the Darth Vader theme* DUM DUM DI DUM DUM DI DUM DUM DI DUM

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Rumor

12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Rumor Oct 11, 2013, 00:28 SlimRam

Seeing as I tend to lose appalling amounts of time regularly; The wait for the PC version of GTA5 will probably seem like a week or two to me.

On that note, did I miss Halloween again?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2013, 00:05 SlimRam

I can understand where this is coming from, I mean, considering alot of game maps end up covered in blood....I guess they just see it as being, oh I dunno, wasteful  

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed

17. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:34 SlimRam

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 16:24:
SlimRam wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 16:01:
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, but then again I'm manic depressive and I'm off my medication so I should probably be able to hit both of them, no problem

Did you hear about the dyslexic insomniac? He sat up all night wondering if there really was a Dog.

Hehehe, classic

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed

13. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:01 SlimRam

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, but then again I'm manic depressive and I'm off my medication so I should probably be able to hit both of them, no problem  

News Comments > Space Engineers Trailer; Early Access This Month

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 23:10 SlimRam

Well if I can recreate the most awesome battle of Babylon 5 (Severed Dreams) and have a accurate model of the EAS Churchill burning as Captain Hiroshi makes the ultimate sacrifice plowing her ship directly into an attacking Earth Alliance destroyer, then I could die happy. Hell, I STILL get goosebumps when I watch that battle

Major Ryan: "Hiroshi.......HIROSHI!!!!"

P.S. GREAT SIG Rigs, always wanted to tell you!

News Comments > Evening Patches

2. Re: Evening Patches Oct 1, 2013, 22:37 SlimRam

George III supposedly wrote "Nothing of importance happened today" in
his journal on July 4, 1776.

On October 1st, 2013 SlimRam wrote the same

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 24, 2013, 23:41 SlimRam

• Taco Bell giving away PlayStation 4s now too

Although I do not have the intestinal fortitude of days gone by e.g Taking multiple tequila body shots at a local watering hole off a hairy cook named Larry while chugging Tabasco sauce because you are too drunk to realize it wasn't the hot waitress whom, in a drunken stupor, you just figured had a case of extreme hirsutism. Ok THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Really....honest *cough*

Ummmm...what i'm trying to say is that i'm not quite sure the full frontal assault of eating Taco Bell everyday until November 10th to get the Playstation is something I could do. Remembering back to one of my last Taco Bell experiences does not bring fond memories...
    *sighing as i look down at my new pack of underwear.....and socks*

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2013, 00:43.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed

41. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 16:48 SlimRam

El Pit wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 16:31:
    Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:41:
    El Pit wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:30:
    Need a ship counselor?

I dunno, do you look like Deanna Troi, or Inara?

A counselor, Creston! Not a pin-up girl!
    somehow, I have a feeling this crew is going to need quite a bit of counseling

well, back into the trenches *marches back into the restrooms* yep yep yep

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 14:50 SlimRam

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:13:
    Rigs wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 13:38:
    It wouldn't be awesome if I'm the fuckin' janitor!

=-Rigs-=

Not you, you're my engineer! Slimram will be the janitor!

Actually, even better, SlimRam. After destroying your space station toilet, out of guilt, I offer you and your Turbo Plunger the job of janitor on my battle cruiser, with some inspiring "are you ready to be all you can be, Slimram?!" speech!

Sir, you just recruited yourself THE best damn janitor in the quadrant! I will not fail you Captain! *salutes with Turbo Plunger in hand*. And sir, if I may speak freely, lets try to keep the high fiber diets of the crew to a minimum...ahem

21. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 13:17 SlimRam

I always thought that serf type professions should be viable in CRPGs. That'd be sorta funny buncha people playing nothing but maintenance workers on a space station. Sitting around in the workroom on break, having a coffee, jawing about whatever. People teaming up for certain jobs like replacing a toilet, or cleaning the air ducts.

honestly, if they do get to the stretch goal of salvage space person then that would definitely be something that I would be interested in. I would like to try to stay neutral in the MMO if possible and just gonna be a guy that makes his own way in the universe. also, I think it would be totally amazing if they made it to where I could actually contact people and deliver salvage parts to their ship now that would be awesome ... preferably not in the middle of a battle

18. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 12:35 SlimRam

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 11:57:
    SlimRam wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:36:
    well, when the new stretch goal is to become Space Station janitor, I'm all in. I figure I might as well excel at something I'm good at , & I can plunge a toilet like no other.

hey, a guy can dream!

Soon they'll have a "Plunger Deluxe 3000ATS Turbo" for sale in their store for only $99. It will plunge toilets 30% faster!

Hehe, I could be like the old janitor guy that has the lowly job but always seems to have the inside scoop on where to buy and sell your goods. perhaps a word of advice for the newbies that come on board the station and helpful ear for those that need someone to listen to their troubles.

And then of course, go back to plunging toilets with my "Plunger Deluxe 3000ATS Turbo" oh, this game is going to be glorious!

7. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 10:36 SlimRam

well, when the new stretch goal is to become Space Station janitor, I'm all in. I figure I might as well excel at something I'm good at , & I can plunge a toilet like no other.

hey, a guy can dream!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 22:26 SlimRam

Damn my poorness, I shall not be enjoying the launch of GTA5. For after 2 RRoD I have no xbox now *loud sniff*

I'm...*sniff*...i'm sure...the game *sniff*....won't be all that good <---- he's lying

Yep *chokes back the tears* I'll be ok...

BAWWWWLLBAAWWWLLLBAWWWLLL Bigcry

News Comments > Space Engineers Announced

10. Re: Space Engineers Announced Sep 9, 2013, 19:54 SlimRam

Well if it doesn't have an Infinite Improbability Drive then me and Arthur Dent will have nothing to do with this.

DON'T FORGET YOUR TOWEL!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2013, 11:36 SlimRam

Games are so last-gen.
    It probably isn't said enough, but I DO ENJOY Blue's razor sharp comments so

News Comments > Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Revealed

4. Re: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Revealed Sep 6, 2013, 11:17 SlimRam

oh shoot, I still need to finish the other 20 zombie games I have...  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer

19. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 22:43 SlimRam

Uhhh..hmmm...I can honestly say i'm not psychic...psychotic OK but....Haven't we seen the first part of this video before? I kept wondering if the link was broken? They had already shown everything up until the MP part kicked in...right...right? Perhaps I shouldn't have snorted all that 'Carpet Fresh' back in the 80's *shrug* I dunno

Yeah, really looking forward to this and there's GOTTA be a way to turn the 'sneaking into someones game' thingy off. Then again, I find it hard to believe that no one would want me playing in they're game....I mean, what harm could it possibly be? *BUUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HA HA HA cough cough cough ooh shit oooh* DAMN CIGARETTES!

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2013, 23:17.

News Comments > Op Ed

11. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2013, 21:25 SlimRam

Oooooooo I GOT RAGE!!! AAAaaarrrrggghh!!!

Oh wait, I've never played this...

Oooooooooo I'M ANGRY ANYWAY!!! AAAaaaaaaaaargh!!!

1334 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 59.
    < Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >