Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1332 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 6, 2018, 00:35 SlimRam

Many fashion critics enjoyed the her colorful dresses and appreciated the way they hung...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn Released
2. Re: Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn Released Jun 6, 2018, 00:16 SlimRam

AWWWWW FUCK YES!!!  

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us 2 Delayed
2. Re: The Wolf Among Us 2 Delayed May 26, 2018, 07:15 SlimRam

I thoroughly enjoyed TWAU and I never really knew if I would (I got it at a deep discount). I didn't know anything about the story or anything of the lore but I was completely pulled in after the first episode. I hope that they take their time and do the sequel well.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2018, 08:01.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2018, 21:43 SlimRam

Goddamn cancer.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2018, 19:09 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on May 24, 2018, 10:41:
She probably suffered from mental illness and may have been under the influence.
From the same LA TIMES article, apparently she was under the influence:

Toxicologists later found traces of methamphetamine and marijuana in her body.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2018, 18:51 SlimRam

1badmf wrote on May 24, 2018, 18:21:
so all our speculations turned out to be true. the lidar DID see the woman, WELL in advance of the crash, but stupid human politics yet again get in the way of practicality. why would you EVER disable an EMERGENCY braking feature?
This is from the LA Times:

The NTSB listed three reasons the brakes were not applied before the fatal crash:

• Uber had chosen to switch off the collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking systems that are built into commercially sold versions of the 2017 Volvo XC90 test vehicle. Uber did that whenever its own driverless robot system was switched on — otherwise, the two systems would conflict.

• However, Uber also disabled its own emergency braking function whenever the test car was under driverless computer control, “to reduce potential for erratic behavior.”

• Uber had expected the test driver to both take control of the vehicle at a moment’s notice, while also monitoring the robot car’s performance on a center-console mounted screen. Dashcam video showed the driver looking toward the center console seconds before the crash. The driver applied the brakes only after the woman had been hit at 39 mph."
  •  

News Comments > Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free
    50. Re: Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free May 23, 2018, 15:58 SlimRam

Creston wrote on May 22, 2018, 23:13:
    Ant wrote on May 22, 2018, 20:36:
    Dudes, we're all old.

Heh, ain't that the truth. I was 26 when this came out.

Hell I was 31 when this came out... damn

News Comments > Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free
    5. Re: Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free May 22, 2018, 19:13 SlimRam

Hell, it's been 20 years since I played this! Gonna install and play through it again, can't remember a damn thing about the single player so it should be all new to me again! I think I remember it was a VERY long game and the AI was actually pretty damn good too? You can even play bot matches and you'll see some flashes of how Unreal Tournament came to be.  

News Comments > Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games
    29. Re: Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games May 22, 2018, 16:42 SlimRam

I'm absolutely flaccid just thinking about a new Valve game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2018, 19:03 SlimRam

Why is Hellblade on the top 10? Didn't it come out months ago? I've heard it's a pretty good game but, what made it so popular now? Did it go on sale or something?  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Vampyr
    6. Re: Gone Gold - Vampyr May 18, 2018, 16:47 SlimRam

I hope it doesn't suck... oh, wait.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
    5. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 15, 2018, 20:16 SlimRam

Bill Borre wrote on May 15, 2018, 19:32:
    With a wide array of weapons, vehicles and strange powers, Walker sets off to take down the tyrannical Authority.

So it has the same plot as the first one?
    What's weird is that at the end of the first game you located all the rest of the 'Arks' supposedly on the planet (the game made it seem like alot) to help rebuild civilization. How the HELL are you supposed to be the LAST RANGER (Ark survivor?) or is Walker a descendant of the Ark survivors? And if, in fact, all the Ark survivors did get wiped out... what the hell happened?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
    5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 15, 2018, 18:50 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2018, 16:44:
    If you need to get your feet involved to game you're doing it wrong.
    Having only one usable foot and hand as a gamer, I might disagree with you. I can't pony up the money for the KS but, IF it goes into production, I might grab one; I could probably use it *shrug*

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announce Trailer
    2. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 13:30 SlimRam

"Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. RAGE 2 brings together a true open world FPS experience where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything."
    So they mean it's going to be almost exactly like 'Mad Max' the game in almost every way, seeing as Avalanche made 'Mad Max' the game, except it will be a FPS?

Gotcha.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
    5. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 11:08 SlimRam

1 RAGE game was enough for me, thanks.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
    5. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 6, 2018, 04:57 SlimRam

SirKnight wrote on May 5, 2018, 23:23:
    You can come up with many reasons why the opposite is true. Ultimately it doesn't matter. For me I do both and always have. It just depends on what I feel like at the time. I don't care what the platform is, a good game is a good game. Fook it.

Case in point, I'm currently trying my BEST to play the PC version of 'Saints Row 2'. Well the PC version is a bit busted unfortunately. Apparently CD Projekt wasn't up to the task of porting this game to PC because it is fucking BROKEN in certain aspects. I have read that the console version plays beautifully, YIPPEE

News Comments > NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration
    11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 12:50 SlimRam

Geez, I always thought Lara was kinda hot but... well It looks like she's gone full serial killer...

Eh, with the right nude mod I GUESS I can over look the mass slaughter *shrug*.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    5. Re: Medicare to require hospitals to post prices online. Apr 26, 2018, 12:42 SlimRam

Linksil wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 12:27:
    All I know is that this won't work. Because the first thing they have you do is sign a paper saying this is the starting cost, but we'll just add whatever we feel is needed and you have to eat it.

I went a few years back and after everything was all side and done I payed and while paying was told by 3 different billers/admins that I was paying in full. 2 months latter I got another bill that was double what I had paid. Saying I owed this too because they had a doctor look at a chart for a consult. When you base cost off what you feel like charging and don't fix rates or have enforced standards of service this happens a lot.
    PREACH

During my stroke a doctor would walk into my room at a random time during the day. They were VERY polite and seemed OH SO concerned about my well-being.

Later, when I saw my amazing hospital bill, I noticed that EACH doctor that stuck they're head inside my room (I was in physical therapy for over 1 and a half months learning to walk again) cost me 250 dollars. When they changed my room from ICU to general pop the nurse wheeling me to my new room said, "Carry you're urine bottle with you. If you don't they'll charge you for a new one."

3. Re: Medicare to require hospitals to post prices online. Apr 26, 2018, 12:15 SlimRam

Fion wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 12:01:
    So Slim, if you had traditional insurance, you'd probably be paying even more.
    Dammit, you just blocked me in the middle of a rant! You're probably right though... just need to bitch every so often

1. Medicare to require hospitals to post prices online. Apr 26, 2018, 11:49 SlimRam

FUCK NO! I have been blind-sided for the past 3 years after my stroke with medical bills on Medicare. Telling me the price now is just foreplay and I guarantee I'm still paying for the lube.

1332 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 6.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo