Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 968 (Graduate)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2017, 18:46 SlimRam

Happy Anniversary Guys! Couples that have been together that long should get some kind of reward for putting up with each other that damn long. Hell, i'm sure my old lady would love to beat me like a United Airlines passenger but she's shown amazing restraint. Congrats U 2!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
25. Re: Call of Duty: WWII In November Apr 27, 2017, 02:40 SlimRam

World War 2 first person shooters...

World War 2 first person shooters never change...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 21, 2017, 20:33 SlimRam

Slick wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 06:14:
Cops are so out of touch if they think that stoners still listen to Sting.

(I can also not read the article)
I didn't realize there was a Cheetos video game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2017, 00:48 SlimRam

Quboid wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 18:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 15:11:
Pigeon wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 14:36:
I'll believe he's done something when he actually does something, and I don't mean a vague executive order that's the equivalent of 'we're looking into it.'

Yep.

Same, but I think this is something he might be able to improve if the people around him actually want to.
Thing is, Trump's policy and agenda is only to corporate business. If he does anything to actually help working-class citizens it's purely by accident or byproduct.

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
14. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 16:50 SlimRam

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 16:47:
SFanderson wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 16:42:
I can't help but laugh every time I see Star Citizen on blues. The people here are an overwhelming minority with regards to their views on this game. Like seriously, this is the Westboro Baptist Church of the gaming community.

Perfect summation of Blues vitriol towards this game is the homeless guy here: https://youtu.be/phxRZXd6r9E?t=12

Hahaha

Oh look, it's one post guy. Hi Mr. one post guy, I really appreciate the irony of your post. Comparing us with a cultist church, when you are the one that believes.

The bonus is that his account was made today. Rotfl

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
22. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 03:14 SlimRam

JohnQP wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 20:43:
Another serious question: in the end, will this game prove "too big to fail" and get a few billion in gov't bailouts to finish the content?
Eventually, when the donations finally dry up in a few more years, Chris will try to sell CIG to another company or publish the game through another publisher. If those options fail, he'll quietly try to disappear into bankruptcy while the lawsuits from his fraud keeps him in court for a good chunk of his life.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
10. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 17:51 SlimRam

Unfortunately, only time, investor stamina, and the law will determine when this travesty is finally brought to an end. I just hope I live long enough to see Chris Roberts put in cuffs and hauled away for this scam.  

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 9, 2017, 12:46 SlimRam

Blue, just smile nicely at the contractor as he walks in your house; Then, pull your strap and put it directly against his forehead and repeat these words, "We have a job, yes?"

*Nod and stare directly into their eyes.*

"We are NOT going to have a problem, yes?"

*You nod again as the contractor is now visibly uncomfortable with your demeanor AND the 9MM against his forehead*

You say calmly, "Are we in agreement here?"

I'm assuming at this point that he does, at least visually, agree with you with a nod.

See Blue, problem solved.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2017, 00:18 SlimRam

This is just one more reason why me and the wife are considering cancelling our subscription. The first major blow was their CFO saying that they are trying to make 50% of their content original. 9 out of 10 times when I look for something specific, (nothing even brand new or close) they never have it. We like some of their original stuff but, that's not why we originally started using them many years ago and that's not going to keep us as a customer.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2017, 11:07 SlimRam

SlimRam wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 10:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 10:01:
SlimRam -- give him some time. It hasn't even been two months yet. There's no telling what's going on, there are literally dozens of personal issues which if we knew were happening, we'd think were good reason to be out of circulation for months...
Ah yup, good point and noted, thanks.

Eh, well, just sayin' we miss you NIN

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2017, 10:24 SlimRam

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 10:01:
SlimRam -- give him some time. It hasn't even been two months yet. There's no telling what's going on, there are literally dozens of personal issues which if we knew were happening, we'd think were good reason to be out of circulation for months...
Ah yup, good point and noted, thanks.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
37. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 09:57 SlimRam

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 09:54:
Slim, thank you for your persistence. I was lazy and only looked at the Ggle search summary, assumed it was PS3 exclusive. Consider it sold.
No problem sir, for the money, you SERIOUSLY cannot lose, enjoy!

34. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 09:42 SlimRam

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 09:30:
SlimRam, it looks interesting enough, but I'm PC only. And when I do get some gaming cash, it'll be to upgrade my rig, which is about at cutting edge of 2013 status, I guess? (i5 & GTX 760, so you tell me). I just hope it runs ME:A okay.
You can get Binary Domain for a buck fifty. And it isn't very demanding on yer system. For that money you seriously cannot lose. I actually enjoyed the game a lot but my eyes were sore from rolling so much towards the end of the game

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 09:18 SlimRam

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:30:
I prefer playing a badass, but he doesn't have to be talked up by everybody in the game as the Great One, Galactic Messiah, etc. Just being able to whup ass is good enough.

In other words, a good cover shooter about space exploration/colonization, with lots of make-your-own-movie cutscenes, some good companions that can tag along on missions. Maybe a great salvage/crafting system to make up for not having the other stuff. Heck, I could even deal with something that plays like Resident Evil 6/Revelations 1/2/etc., no interactivity to the cutscenes, if the story, environments, characters, etc., were good.
I HATE to say it but... Binary Domain.

Not sure if you have heard/read about this game or not buuuuut... it's LITERALLY the closest you will ever get to a "Mass Effect" type game. The shooting is actually REALLY good and your opponents are all robots that break apart as you shoot them and even crawl towards you if they're legs are blown off (locational damage). There is interaction between teammates but it doesn't really matter that much.

Anyway, a fun game that has a crazy typical Japanese plot that is totally unbelievable.

P.S. It has voice control that you are supposed to be able to "shout out" to your AI team mates as you play through your headphones or mic... yeah, this function DOES NOT WORK!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2017, 08:12 SlimRam

NIN Sir, I am calling you OUT! You have been a staple of 'Blues News' almost as long as Blue's News it's self (Yeah, I've been reading this site for a loooooong time). I'm not sure what drove you to head underground but understand this; I'm literally no one and I have no impact on this site one way or another. I do not know you or pretend to but... You seem like a decent guy. I know that you don't really care about me one way or the other and I totally get that. I could EASILY be considered a troll and I believe the difference is that I don't intentionally try to hurt people.

ANYWAY, NOT trying to be gay and whatever BUT, you need to understand that this site needs you. You are one of the founders of this site and a certain level of interactivity is expected.

PREZ is a guy that I have never really known but I have read his post over the years and I realized he was a really knowledgeable guy and a HELL of a nice guy who disappeared for awhile. I realized that I missed him and I've missed you too and this site needs you back. Dunno what your beef is but... get your ass back in here. Salute

29. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2017, 06:30 SlimRam

NKD wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 06:10:
Well I talked to basically everyone and listened to what they had to say so I could soak in the lore and backstory. Didn't really do a lot of dialogue skipping. Also I've only played on Insanity so there were a few really tough fights where it took me 15 minutes to finally stop dying and beat them. I also spent a good amount of time screwing around with my gear and crafting stuff. That can be somewhat time consuming because of the crappy UI and having to reload saves to reset the vendor to buy more augments.

I spent some time dicking around with the Nomad just exploring and ramping it off stuff, but my first playthrough was 80+ hours and I maybe spent 4-5 of those hours in total just wandering randomly in the Nomad. The rest was time spent on actually doing quests and killing stuff and talking to people.

You can get through the game super quick if you ignore all sidequests, spacebar the dialogue, and play on easy mode. But there is a ton of side content, and a lot of it is really good and doesn't feel like filler at all.
I'm the ultimate 'completionist' so I ALWAYS complete ALL the side quest (I'm currently playing 'Witcher 3' and yep... trying to do ALL the side quest and THEN head straight into the DLC... DAMN!). Ah, anyway, thanks for the review, I really understand what awaits meh in Andromeda... and I'm TOTALLY STOKED!

27. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 06:02 SlimRam

NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 23:57:
Well I'm up to 158 hours in Andromeda
The fact that you have 158 hours in this game (without multiplayer) is astounding and gives me total mahogany. I adore long games and am a YUUUUUGE Mass Effect fan and this seems awesome! Were you actually "doing stuff" the whole time, or was this kinda "learning stuff and exploring" included?

About to get enough money for this and REALLY considering diving in!

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Star Trek: Bridge Crew Apr 5, 2017, 05:25 SlimRam

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

THIS GAME actually seems like the real "Dream". After watching this video I'm pretty sure I'd actually kill someone to play this. I have no PS4 Pro, Oculus, or Vive action to speak of but DAMN, I WANT THIS FUCKING GAME! and no, I wouldn't have to be the captain. I'd be perfectly happy being the engineer... hell, I'd probably be halfway into the Saurian brandy WHILE trying to give the engines, "All she's GOT!"

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2017, 05:36.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Camera-equipped sex toy manufacturer ignores multiple warnings about horrible, gaping security vulne Apr 4, 2017, 09:50 SlimRam

Not really sure if I would use the words "sex toy" and "gaping" in the same sentence...

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
6. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 30, 2017, 22:19 SlimRam

"NEW LEGENDS GRINDERS WILL RISE!"  

968 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo