Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 1056 (Pro)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Solar Eclipse... Aug 23, 2017, 10:21 SlimRam

BobBob wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 08:51:
Believe it or not, she's supposed to be a Pekingese Terrier mix. They said she also has a third breed in her and I'm trying to figure it out. We are considering her for our first dog ownership as a rescue adoption. She's 9 months old.
Figuring out the breed is purely academic. Her personality and behavior is what's most important.

Well she's a cutie to be sure. Thank you for considering a rescue dog before getting one from a pet store. There are probably thousands of dogs euthanised every day because of no owners and it's a shame. All of our pets have always been rescues. And a general rule for picking a pet is that they usually pick "you". If you interact with her and she doesn't see to be interested, she might not be the right one. Sometimes people have their heart set on a certain dog, only to realize the one in the corner that you haven't even noticed is actually the one that's really for you. Good luck!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BRINK Goes Free-to-Play
10. Re: BRINK Goes Free-to-Play Aug 23, 2017, 04:35 SlimRam

Hate to complain about a free game but...

Played about 30 minutes of the "solo" game (it seems like multi player with bots?). I'm not sure if I like the game or not right now but I think i'll play some more. Your opponents seem like bullet sponges while your character gets pwned with a few shots? Yeah, that's not too fun. I know there is leveling in the game and it looks like your character can get stronger sooo... that's a plus, I think. Your AI teammates constantly run in front of your gun while you're shooting, which sucks. You have to complete certain tasks as the level progresses in the game but i've YET to see any other AI player do any of them (plant the bomb or guard the safe)? So you have to go to your command post and change your character into the class you need to complete the task. It seems like playing with real people was supposed to be the main way to play and "solo" mode was kinda an after thought?

18. Re: Solar Eclipse... Aug 23, 2017, 01:15 SlimRam

BobBob wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 00:18:
Anyone good a guessing what a dog's mix of breeds are based upon how it looks?
Maybe a mix between a Spaniel and a Chihuahua? It's strange for sure, don't think i've ever seen one like it?

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2017, 14:32 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 13:42:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 11:21:
wtf is shacknews?

it's a shadow of it's former self.

Hey nin!
So is the new season of 'Rick & Morty'... It seems to be going the way of 'Archer' as in,"Let's write more of a coherent story... oops... did we forget that we are supposed to be writing a comedy? Ah, FUCK IT, our fans will love it either way!"

Heya NIN Cheers

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 Delay; Trailer
3. Re: Police Simulator 18 Delay; Trailer Aug 22, 2017, 14:19 SlimRam

I've heard the Baltimore PD DLC let's you learn the art of planting evidence!

"That's NOT my SHIT officer!"

"Tell it to da' judge hehehe"

News Comments > Bus Simulator 18 Announced
2. Re: Bus Simulator 18 Announced Aug 22, 2017, 11:48 SlimRam

YES!!!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2017, 17:07 SlimRam

Jerry Lewis passed, he was 91.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 19, 2017, 14:59 SlimRam

NKD wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 11:38:
This will be interesting. Will Bannon continue to shill for Trump, or does his statement that "the Trump presidency we fought for is over" mean he will use Breitbart to undermine Trump?
“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I'm leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents—on Capitol Hill, in the media and in corporate America.”

He's going to be an extreme propaganda machine for Trump now, basically. With the donations from David Mercer (a wealthy hedge fund manager)
Bannon resumes his role with Breitbart and wants to maybe start a news network that's even more to the right than Fox News... if that's even possible?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2017, 00:06 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 22:28:
What is that saying in McDonalds ads.
All 17 members on the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities quit, following business CEOs out the door.
i remember now "I'm loving it."
What's awesome is that when you take the first letter of every paragraph of their letter and spell it out it spells:

R
E
S
I
S
T

Coincidence?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2017, 03:10 SlimRam

Quboid wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 23:00:
The lack of competition is probably a more serious issue, but Net Neutrality is something. I'm curious as to what WaltC actually thinks Net Neutrality is.
He doesn't seem to even grasp what it actually is. He's just repeating the same rhetoric the Reps always spew, "Democrats are taking your freedom because they want the government to control something". What he obviously doesn't understand is that without government regulations (net neutrality), corporations (and in this case mainly monopolies) get to charge whatever they like with virtually nothing to stop them... just because they can. So the Dems argue that ISPs should be regulated like a utility to keep prices fair, the Reps want to keep things the way they were 5 years ago and charge whatever they like while throttling speeds or charging extra for other media vendors to use their ISPs as they laugh all the way to the bank. SAD.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 22:50 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 21:05:
A rancid cheeto who now has blood on his hands for what transpired today in Charlottesville. I am so glad that David Duke helped get that piece of shit elected.

A quote from a popular White supremacy site 'Daily Stormer' that's circling the internet:

"Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all.

Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.

No condemnation at all.

When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.

Really, really good.

God bless him."

7. 100 year old fruit cake found in Antarctica's Oldest Building. Aug 12, 2017, 19:08 SlimRam

If I was drunk and hungry enough, I'd eat the damn thing.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 12, 2017, 02:47 SlimRam

Cliff: "We're going to continue to raise awareness, continue to support the product - if you look at the phenomenon that was League of Legends, it built off a Warcraft 3 mod then slowly but surely blossomed into this immense amazing thing, and I'd rather be the game that comes up and has that hockey stick ramp with a slow burn and builds up rather than the triple-A hype machine where you have a bazillion people playing it month one and it goes down exponentially then they follow up with an annual product."

It's cute how he believes his game is going to be relevant.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 16:50 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 16:41:
DPRK has been very good at walking up to the crazy line without going over it to get what they want. They're not stupid, and have been playing this game for decades. Trump is stupid, and can't see the game for what it is. So yes, this is a bit scary. Thing is, DPRK can nuke Guam or Hawaii, and we'll be unable to reciprocate due to the proximity of China and South Korea.
North Korea claims they are going to launch 4 missiles towards Guam to land just off their coast and... in a way I hope they do. If we can shoot those 4 missiles down it will show NK that they really can't fuck with us. Unfortunately... if we happen to miss ANY of those missiles... well... it's gonna be embarrassing and a boost to N. Korea

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 16:31 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 16:21:
One of the most bleak and horrific movies ever made. Glad I watched it, but will never see it again.
Yup, my wife cussed me after the movie for wanting to watch it. I told her before it started that it wasn't a "feel good" kinda movie but she insisted on watching it.

No WAY i'll ever watch it again...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 15:21 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 15:15:
71% of liberals and conservatives agreed that they would rather live in a nuclear wasteland than learn to speak French.
I've picked up a little from my travels... let me see here... ahem:

"Ce goût de merde comme le cul"

Also watch 'The Road' if you really want to imagine what would be left of the USA after a nuclear apocalypse (my old lady actually cried while watching this... good times)

'Course, the world seems to hate us soooooooo... not REALLY sure if our destruction would even matter?

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2017, 16:22.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 15:03 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 14:53:
Actually Fallout probably called it right when they said the US annexed Canada. That would be the likely outcome in the event of WWIII. We have all the natural resources youse guys needs.
Actually it would probably be the other way around. There wouldn't be much left of the USA. Canada would annex the US you mean, eh? Can you teach me French?

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
60. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 11, 2017, 14:45 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 14:16:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 08:23:
Sorry Cliffy, PC gamers NEVER forget.

Gamers are elephants?
Not really, but thanks to the internet, it helps us elder folk remember who to keep off our lawn (Just turned 50 on the 18th!)

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 14:31 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 14:22:
Hello Kitty Island Adventure: the original Snuggle Truck.
Hey, ya gotta admit, the DLC 'Paws 2 Da Wall' was pretty damn epic!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 13:45 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 13:32:
"Locked and loaded"? Are you fucking kidding me? Does he think this is some 80s action flick? Jesus Christ it's like watching some horrible movie that's a cross between The Omen and The Twilight Zone.

The US Navy is pushing into Chinese territorial waters. South Korea is losing its shit. And now India just escalated with China and war looks like it may be a forgone conclusion at this point. Fuck man, shit is getting real out there.

Calm my brother, caaaalm..... Trump has his finger on the pussy trigger.

Besides, when the nukes start to fly, Canada is prob gonna be sweet to swoop in and grab whatevah is left!

I'm in Arizona, Phoenix.... um....please delete my search history if you find my 'puter

1056 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo