Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 761 (Graduate)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
28. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 05:27 SlimRam

Jerykk wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 04:44:
DSOGaming has already confirmed that this is just yet another re-release of Duke 3D, with some minor enhancements and new content.
Ah so it's not a remaster but more like a re-release? Balls...nevermind I guess

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
21. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 00:10 SlimRam

Polygon seems to think it's a Duke Nukem 3D remaster! I say,"You wanna dance?"

Yes, yes I do INDEED!

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Aug 22, 2016, 16:57 SlimRam

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:32:
MajorD wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:30:
Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:23:
ONE MORE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyy

I can tell you haven't been pumped for this at all Creston.

I mean, if he was a real fan he'd stay up tonight.

I must tempt Creston and make his life miserable.

Hehehe, YEAH CRESTON BLOW OFF WORK! C'mon MAN! Do it do it do it (I saw that nin)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 12:48 SlimRam

Kxmode wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 11:16:
After 43 hours I finally got to the center of No Man's Sky and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm livid. I'll put the reasons why here: Sean Murray pitched the center of the universe as the end-game goal. After 43 hours I got the center, and nothing happened. My reward was being deposited on a planet in another galaxy with all of my stuff broken. So the "universe" is a galaxy and there's an infinite number of galaxies. Oh, but wait, it's getting better! The galaxy code is stored in binary hex where 00 is the starting galaxy, and FF is the 255th galaxy. After you reach the 255th galaxy, the game's procedural engine breaks. So yeah, the game has no ending. Sean Murray said the game is infinite, but it's not because the procedural engine breaks. lol. NMS is a total joke.
Yup Angry Joe's review went up last night and it ain't pretty. Pretty much sums up what everyone's been screamin' about.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
7. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 21, 2016, 16:48 SlimRam

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:04:
Improving features, like multiplayer?

Btw path of the Atlas was a major disappointment besides getting a ton of words, and having black holes marked on the map
Ah, that's kinda a bummer. Well, i'm still playin'. I have found the ultimate vortex cube planet and have been almost literally strip mining this poor planet for the past 4 days . At 27,000 units per cube I am now up to 22 million units, have a 48 slot suit, and a 35 slot ship to boot! I'm ballin' like a balla dawg! After leaving this strip mined disaster of a planet, I reckon i'll head back into the 'verse and continue on with the Atlas path.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2016, 17:08.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
38. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 21:06 SlimRam

NasWulf wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 20:05:
wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 19:00:
Was it awe inspiring to me? Nah.

no game to date has done the different game types, graphical fidelity, and ambition of SC has shown ... awe inspiring? SC pushes the PC in new directions with its Tech and ambition, that should be awe inspiring to anyone in the game developing world ... the more I read these forums the more I lol at the comments.

... cracks me the F up.

24 of your 25 posts have been in Star Citizen threads. THAT cracks me the F up...

News Comments > Free Umbrella Corps Weekend
5. Re: Free Umbrella Corps Weekend Aug 20, 2016, 17:35 SlimRam

NEFF = "Not Even For Free"™  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
23. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 16:32 SlimRam

Chris Roberts says to expect version 2.5 of the early access space game next week. He also reveals that version 2.7 is expected by the end of September, and version 3.0 should come by the end of October.

Weren't they saying that Squadron 42 was coming out this year? During Gamescom did they tell the status of the game?

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2016, 16:40.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
56. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 23:33 SlimRam

As long as there is still double-hooker pimp slapping, i'm always down for more.  

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
7. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 19, 2016, 20:11 SlimRam

"Become The Coffee Cup!"  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Windows 10 auto-enabled GameDVR last week - here’s how to turn it off and save your frames. Aug 17, 2016, 02:04 SlimRam

jimnms wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 17:29:
You’ll need a Microsoft account to disable it the normal way...

What the god damn fuck! I'm not creating a fucking Microsoft account just to disable shit I don't want and didn't ask for.

The article also tells how to do it without making the account:

Open Registry Editor (Run > regedit)
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\
Create key "GameDVR"
Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowgameDVR" and set to 0

Hope that helps.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2016, 22:14 SlimRam

With my luck, it would have been my sack that hit the pole...and I would have left it on the pole.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
88. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 06:48 SlimRam

I keep playing this damn game and I have no idea why? I got it from GOG and I thought about returning it but...I just kept playing. On about my 8th planet and yeah, the "wow" factor is totally gone. After you have seen the 8th planet, you've basically seen everything. I STILL enjoy exploring and I have no idea why I still enjoy seeing the new plants and animals and don't forget that everything you scan can be uploaded and you get money. Hell, I have over 1.3 million units and I haven't spent it yet. I think i'm gonna buy a boss ship then...well..I seriously dunno...explore some more, maybe pick a fight with some local traders  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 11, 2016, 22:30 SlimRam

Fart, i'm not able to hit the recommended specs *grumble*. Screw it, i'm gettin' it anyway!  

News Comments > Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video
1. Re: Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video Aug 9, 2016, 21:56 SlimRam

Ummmm...why does EVERY video of EVERY "different class" of player ALWAYS show them flying through the air and fighting? And WHY would you WANT be one of the poor bastards running around on the ground being the fodder for these flying assassins?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Your 'intimate personal massager' – cough – is spying on you. Aug 9, 2016, 18:25 SlimRam

I should probably wake up a bit more before I read stuff. I honestly thought it said couch instead of cough and then I thought,"Who the HELL would have a intimate personal massager couch and how would you explain it to your friends?"

"Please, everyone come in and have a seat...oh...wait...NO DON'T SIT ON THE COUCH!"

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2016, 18:38.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2016, 01:19 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 15:54:
Wash: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!

Malcolm: What does that mean?
Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds: What was that?
Wash: Did you 'see' that?
Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds: Was that the Primary Buffer Panel?
Wash: It did seem to resemble-
Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds: Did the Primary Buffer Panel just fall off my gorram ship for no apparent reason?
Wash: Looks like!

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2016, 01:27.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2016, 19:55 SlimRam

nin wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 14:25:
Orogogus wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 14:19:
Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 09:51:
I only just watched Serenity about a month ago, and holy shit, talk about a gutpunch at the end.

For a series where the heroes comically never got hurt, despite (for example) standing in the open while 30+ armed gunmen are shooting at them, Serenity is a fucking brutal sendoff. And seriously, (secret) You couldn't give Wash a better end than THAT???

I think people said that the reason there's a tonal shift between the movie and the TV series is because Fox put a bunch of demands and limitations on Whedon for TV, but eh... I liked the TV series a lot more than the movie. Everyone was angry and punchy, and I just didn't find it much fun.

With killing off members of the cast, I prefer to think the movie didn't happen...

Considering that Serenity was made 3 years after Firefly was cancelled was a miracle in itself. I honestly couldn't believe that the movie was made in the first place. I'm glad that it was made but yeah, it's a bit of a downer. I'm guessing that Whedon realized that this 'miracle' was probably his last shot at doing anything with the show and tried to wrap it up and send it on it'd way, so to speak. I loved the series too but I was also glad that they made the movie. To me it just ended the series by saying,"...and that's what happened in the crew's biggest and most important adventure to date. Now, they turn towards the 'verse and continue their lives, we just won't see it." Kinda the way I look at it anyway.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears
19. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 7, 2016, 20:47 SlimRam

I played the last free week and I had fun with the Arena Commander thingy where you just shot down the A.I. ships. The combat, to me anyway, is waaaaaaay better than Elite, hands down. The ship feels good with a joystick now. When I played before, the handling seemed to be off a bit, but it seems they have that nailed down now. When I tried to play in the PU and do some of the missions the lag was pretty extreme though. My comp is middle-road at best but it was just disappointing that I couldn't really play with the other people that much. I have to say also that the people that I met online there were nice and helpful too. You can see SO MUCH potential with this game, I just wish they had more to show.  

News Comments > Planetoids DLC for Stellaris
7. Re: Planetoids DLC for Stellaris Aug 4, 2016, 15:14 SlimRam

I've been looking to get into a 4x space grand strategy game but i'm not quite sure where to jump in. From what I've read DW:U is mind boggling huge but you can let the A.I. handle what you don't understand/want to deal with. Stellaris is not as huge, still has a few bugs, and the mid-game can drag. I'm looking for a 4x that has good enemy A.I. but the different alien races actually have character. I've heard that you can't really go wrong with Galactic Civ. 3 also. I dunno, kinda confusing  

761 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo