Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D Stone

Real Name D Stone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SlimRam
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 18, 2012, 07:07
Total Comments 826 (Graduate)
User ID 57335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 11:13 SlimRam

In the plus column, Kirk Douglas turns 100 today! Amazingly enough, his wife is 97 and they have been together 62 years and are still together. I'm pretty sure I would NEVER live this long nor would I want to but it is an amazing feat.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 19:15 SlimRam

Eat a bag of dicks 2016.  

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners
10. Re: No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 6, 2016, 01:47 SlimRam

"If that Gearbox Software's shady business practice is a deal breaker for you, you should skip it"

Fixed.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 01:48 SlimRam

It's also Jay Z's birthday. The LUCKY-SON-OF-A-BITCH that is married to Beyonce and otherwise known as Shawn Corey Carter turns 46 today.

“I’ve got 99 Problems but a bitch ain’t one.”

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 2, 2016, 17:33 SlimRam

Glad they finally showed some game play and it looks nice. It seems like maybe the combat looks a little too easy? I remember running across one of the big YMIR Mech's in the beginning of ME2 and it was definitely a challenge. In this video it looks like taking down a couple of large bots is no problema? Also, I didn't notice your other squad mates fighting along side you, did I miss this or was it not shown? I like the scanner thingy they showed and that will hopefully add a layer to the game. Overall, totally stoked and ready romance a female Krogan!  

News Comments > Steep Released
1. Re: Steep Released Dec 2, 2016, 11:39 SlimRam

'Bout damn TIME they released a tea steeping game! Oh wait...

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2016, 13:03.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 1, 2016, 03:57 SlimRam

If the guy who invented the Big Mac lived to 98, then Don Gorske "Big Mac enthusiast" known for eating over 26,000 of them, is bound to be damn near immortal.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 12:30 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 12:02:
The man had gravitas. I'll never forget that voice. 71 isn't even old. Fuck you 2016. With a rusty nail.
Personally, this has been one of the worst years me and the wife have seen together (her Mom passed Nov. 2nd, we've lost 1 dog, 1 cat, and one guinea pig, my Mom just got out of the hospital after faling, wife's Dad has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, our refrigerator died) and it just keeps going. Yeah...

FUCK THIS YEAR

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 01:53 SlimRam

Ron Glass passed, he was 71.

Yi Lu Shwen Fohn, Shepherd Book

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 10:57 SlimRam

Happy B day B! In the words of my parole officer: " In your case, it's not wise to assume that wisdom always comes with age".

Just kiddin' Sir, ya know we love ya! Have an amazing day and try not to let the DMV drive you too crazy.

Did...did you see what I did there with the...nevermind

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2016, 22:52 SlimRam

Sounds like you tied a major one on Sir Blue. My personal verification for a severe night of over-indulging in the alcoholic arts usually ended up with me waking up on the bathroom floor.

In a house i've never seen before.

A few days later.

Without any pants on or any knowledge of their whereabouts.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2016, 23:02.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
70. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 20, 2016, 03:08 SlimRam

Dr_Dissent wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 01:29:
I was out walking my dog on the trail behind my house and I ran into this guy walking his dog. Started talking. He's a developer who works at CIG here in Austin. Says he's working on Star Citizen. I just smiled and said I was familiar with the company. What do you say when you meet a stranger who owes you money?
Should have kicked him straight in the daddy bag.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
47. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 20:48 SlimRam

O.k. *cracking knuckles* IF, I was runnin' the company HERE's what I would do...

I would stop having ship and concept sales altogether. Just put everything that you can sell constantly up for sale, period. Stop trying to make money, screw it. At this point, everyone knows about this game and will buy what they want, if they want. These sales only make the company look like they are money grubbers; end them. If they do still have cash to burn (which is unknown), put everybody on the immediate job of finishing Squadron 42 and I mean EVERYONE!

Then, just ship Squadron 42 and a server-side version of the Persistent Universe kinda like they have right now BUT with all the ships available to fly that you can configure and run on your own server if you want.

Next, watch the money from selling an actual game come rollin' in along with a renewed sense of purpose and a much needed boost of confidence for the company as a whole. THEN finish the MMO part of the game and release it to the masses as a decent 1.0 and keep adding and tweaking it to perfection.

I know, I know, it's ALL crazy talk!

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Star Citizen Dev Responds to Criticisms, Announces Plans to Share Internal Timelines… Nov 19, 2016, 00:54 SlimRam

Amazing if you read his announcement. In the same letter he says that they are going to make the actual REAL internal timelines available to all. Then, he attempts to explain exactly how Star Citizen credits for melting (selling) of ships doesn't equal "real money" anymore when purchasing new ships so the people that bought early ships and try to sell them for equal credit...yeah you just got ripped off. All the while, people in the comments are cheering and applauding Chris Roberts and company for their efforts thus far. Truly, amazing stuff there. The Kool-Aid is strong with this one.  

News Comments > Remedy Teases Something
2. Re: Remedy Teases Something Nov 18, 2016, 04:39 SlimRam

Placid wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 00:21:
Something old, something new?
...something that doesn't suck as bad as Quantum Break?

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. 'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'… Nov 16, 2016, 20:41 SlimRam

Apparently RSI needed someone that had worked on games with lofty, impossible goals, that was o.k. with bullshitting the consumer and ultimately not delivering anything close to what was promised; the former Hello Games designer was the perfect match.  

News Comments > Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy Game Revealed
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 14, 2016, 23:24 SlimRam

Wolf Among Us is the only one I've played so far. It was great, and I'd love a second season as well. What's the next best one I should play? Anyone got a recommendation?

I've only ever played Wolf Among Us but the consensus seems to be that The Walking Dead is pretty good.

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
24. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 12, 2016, 18:25 SlimRam

Will the game stop working after this weekend if you downloaded it for free. Like do I have to finish it this weekend?  

News Comments > Battleborn "Day" Underway
3. Re: Battleborn Nov 11, 2016, 21:28 SlimRam

It says you'll be able to play with the devs but, if the devs are the only ones playing, THAT could be a little...awkward.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2016, 21:57.

News Comments > Tyranny Released
8. Re: Tyranny Released Nov 10, 2016, 22:48 SlimRam

I always seriously see this title as 'Tranny'. I'm guessing mild dyslexia should be added to my laundry list of ailments both physically and more pronounced: mentally  

826 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo