Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2197 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 18:52 Quinn

Jesus fucking Christ...

...I sold my Atlas Stones.

How the fuck could I've known...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 16:13 Quinn

20 hours into it by now. Still having a good time, but I'll be done before the end of the coming week.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 13:22 Quinn

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:38:
I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW SOON I FELT LIKE I HAD SEEN EVERYTHING IT HAD TO OFFER

Seems to be a pretty common refrain in every review I've read on this game...

I mention it in my review too, but it doesn't necessarily mean the game's bad:

https://youtu.be/KdbCCnqLZ3Q

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
65. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 10, 2016, 13:20 Quinn

Bumpy wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 09:45:
If there is any game that screams 'wait till its patched and finished' before buying, it is this one.

What it screams even more is "wait till it has a or more major expansions". No base building, no home planet, no co-op or any real multiplayer to speak of in its current state... makes this game a 20 dollar product at most.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
28. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 7, 2016, 05:46 Quinn

I was looking forward to this game, simply because there was nothing in the near future to look forward to. Then I realized the new Deus Ex releases this month too. No longer looking forward to this empty promise that is NMS.

Somehow I thought Deus Ex wasn't going to be released until somewhere in 2017. I'm ecstatic!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
44. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 10:19 Quinn

I guess if you're patient, you'd be wise to wait. This game is just screaming for DLCs/Addons where you can choose your own home planet (with a home beacon quicktravel thing) where you can build your own base and stuff.

I think that's what this game misses the most.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
8. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 27, 2016, 19:01 Quinn

It's what I've been saying for a long time: who cares about procedural bs when it means nothing but different "eye candy". It's marked in quotes because the game kinda looks like shit.

There are certain birds that are attracted to shiny objects. This game is about collecting shit so you can eventually reach the shiny center of the universe. I am honestly wondering how many people will remain interested in this procedural generated ergo contentless crap. What I think will happen: 6 months from now a few guys post on the Internet how they finally reach the center. They get a few thousand views but the general consensus is that nobody really gives a shit and the game is practically forgotten.

I hope I'm wrong. I'll review the game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > NECROPOLIS Released
10. Re: NECROPOLIS Released Jul 14, 2016, 17:44 Quinn

MoreLuckThanSkill, I am drunk as fuck right now (I have to be, love conflicts and shit) but your comment is beautiful and I want you to know that I will think on it and reply to it properly later!

One love

Vince

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > NECROPOLIS Released
8. Re: NECROPOLIS Released Jul 13, 2016, 18:21 Quinn

Is PC gaming dying, guys? I mean, I'm sure anyone can come up with a big list of great games that will release somehwhere in the future... but I'm fairly certain it will be relatively tiny compared to the last years.

The game I'm looking forward to the most right now because its release is near is No Man's Sky, and I don't even like space simulators...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
3. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 14, 2016, 21:32 Quinn

Those 2 really needed some nerfing. McCree could oneshot tanks. Getting oneshotted by a sniper simply isn't remotely fun. Wtf could I've done to prevent that? Not show my face?

I'll enjoy a better balanced Overwatch once I've returned from my USA trip. Gonna be chillin' at family in Connecticut (East-Haddam) and Pennsylvania (Doylestown).

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2016, 12:41 Quinn

Nimh wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 11:31:
I think we're mostly in agreement and I also think the random-ish stacked teams is curious especially if it happens in other Blizzard titles.

Dedicating yourself to keeping an enemy in check is not as restrictive as it sounds. If you take them out, you have at least 30 seconds before they make it out of spawn and to the fight. This time is great for healthing up and taking out stragglers, at least from a Winston perspective.

If I'd have a skillful Winston player like yourself in my team, I'd have a less hard time agreeing ^^ Sadly, more often than not I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots who have no idea how to change heroes during the match, let alone counter properly. :\

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2016, 09:35 Quinn

Nimh wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 08:38:
Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 05:02:
Nimh wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 20:25:
I'm doing quick matches and I'm at 161/125 win/lose ratio. It does seem like sometimes you are steam rolled hard, but I think it's just bad team synergy coming up against a good team synergy.

Today I had a match against a god-like Zenyatta on route 66. He was ridiculous in the kill cams. Orb + 2-4 direct hits in quick succession, and consistently. We were obliterated until the mid-section of the map. I changed to Winston and just focused Zenyatta. I took him out 3-4 times but once he was down our team was able to hold the map.

Edit: Same goes for Widowmaker and few other back-line hero's.. Winston just dominates them if he can get's them isolated and with his pounce.

Hm, yeah Zenyatta can be easily countered and certainly isn't OP with that health-pool of his. Widowmaker, on the other hand, simply cannot be properly countered. I've seen Winston suggested somewhere else too, but the real 1337 widowmakers (which are the only real issue here) just take that hit, grapple away and headshot Winston into oblivion.

There's really a general consensus among the players that Widowmaker is an OP class that doesn't fit into the style of the game.

This probably goes back to the match making again.. but I've only encountered one Widowmaker that was mildly compentant at aiming the grapple while under fire. And in that case I just followed her with the leap.

Elite players are a true PITA at any class they're good with, but isn't that how it goes?

True, they are, but not a Widowmaker kinda PITA. A competent Widowmaker completely blocks off an entire open area, giving her team literally free reign basically during the entire match. If you somehow get to her with the monkey without dying (there's the entire enemy team you have to pass first) you then have to kill her. The thing is, she has a 200hp healthpool. She doesn't die quickly. That all said, don't forget what we're saying here. We are saying that you have to DEDICATE yourself to the enemy sniper. Your team misses your spot -- all you do is try to get that bitch dead while she literally oneshots your team to shit.

The best counter against a sniper, is a better sniper. But what are the odds. I also found Soldier 74 to be a good counter (unless their team has a proper healer, in which case the sniper won't mind it as you nib away at her health from far away.. she'll just take her time to aim and BAM.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

11. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2016, 05:02 Quinn

Nimh wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 20:25:
I'm doing quick matches and I'm at 161/125 win/lose ratio. It does seem like sometimes you are steam rolled hard, but I think it's just bad team synergy coming up against a good team synergy.

Today I had a match against a god-like Zenyatta on route 66. He was ridiculous in the kill cams. Orb + 2-4 direct hits in quick succession, and consistently. We were obliterated until the mid-section of the map. I changed to Winston and just focused Zenyatta. I took him out 3-4 times but once he was down our team was able to hold the map.

Edit: Same goes for Widowmaker and few other back-line hero's.. Winston just dominates them if he can get's them isolated and with his pounce.

Hm, yeah Zenyatta can be easily countered and certainly isn't OP with that health-pool of his. Widowmaker, on the other hand, simply cannot be properly countered. I've seen Winston suggested somewhere else too, but the real 1337 widowmakers (which are the only real issue here) just take that hit, grapple away and headshot Winston into oblivion.

There's really a general consensus among the players that Widowmaker is an OP class that doesn't fit into the style of the game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2016, 16:32 Quinn

In case you're interested, I found this thread interesting: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17612051058?page=1  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2016, 11:48 Quinn

The NSFW mark must be due to the aye-aye. Laugh2 Goddamn lemurs...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
55. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 4, 2016, 05:11 Quinn

Creston wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 00:54:
The new Skellige deck is just kind of straight up bullshit.

Play Cerys: Horde 3 Warrior Maidens, who strong bond. Boom, one card, 58 (!!) points of damage on the fucking board. For most decks, 58 damage is a good fucking ROUND.

They should have called it the "We don't know how to program decent Gwent AI, so we just created this bullshit deck in an effort to have it be challenging." deck

Like playing against the monster deck, make sure your deck isn't full of melee cards and make sure you have at least one frostbite card.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

51. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 2, 2016, 18:54 Quinn

Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 17:54:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 14:51:
Did they update the combat? i don't remember it being so fluid actually.

The movement system got updated, which fed over into the combat system, and they made all Geralt's attacks interruptable so you weren't stuck with an attack while a monster was gearing up to gank you.

I just now realized that it's entirely possible the game's combat was much more pants when it first came out. I didn't start playing it until patch 1.07 or 1.08, by which time it may have been measurably improved. So my discussions regarding combat may be one-sided from the perspective of the "better" combat.

As the combat is now, I think it's fine. It's likely not the greatest combat system in the world, but if you spend some time learning it, Geralt is a total badass and will do what you want him to do.

There's not been many games where I executed a perfect combat session and thought: fuck me, I'm awesome. The Witcher 3, though, is definitely one of the few. To me, without second thought, that makes it good combat.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
22. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 11:13 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 09:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 07:48:
If they'd have forced me to play a black protagonist without the story needing him to be black, I'd be disappointed. I'm white and I can best immerse myself into a white playing character, simple as that.

I always find this odd.

I'm not being critical of you, so don't think this is an attack or calling you out. You didn't say you will only play as white people, or anything like that, you stated a preference and said you are also excited when you move away from that preference. Given how charged these conversations can be, I feel this lengthy disclaimer is needed.

But do you struggle with playing as an Orc? Does it matter if the white person is from a far off future, or an entirely different culture, or is Irish or Italian or Spanish or Azerothian? Do you have trouble with immersion if the character is much older or much younger? What if the character is some form of Jazzy Jackrabbit? Do you get immersed with Mario, even though he's a 2 foot tall stereotype that is capable of saying little more than his own name?

I just don't feel like immersion in character is a big deal for me in games. In FPS games, I'm just there to blow shit up. In strategy games, I'm there to lead others to blow shit up. If Doom Guy was a woman it wouldn't make Doom less immersive, and having my own name in FTL doesn't make it more so. I never felt like I was Michael or Trevor, and if you give me the option to create my own character in any game I'm never making a doppelganger of myself, or idealized version of myself, I'm making a monstrously deformed freak that is endlessly amusing in any cut scene.

Thanks for that disclaimer at the start. Opened myself for some seriously nasty quote-mining there

I tend to think of myself as a very imaginative person and I express this in short-stories and crazy daydreams, but in the subject of a playing character.. I'm horribly single-minded and unimaginative. If I have the choice between multiple races (be it orcs, humans, elves, etc) I always pick a white human (male). I don't necessarily make the character look like myself though, except for the hairstyle if it looks good.

I enjoy playing an orc or a goblin if that's the point of the story, like Of Orcs and Man for example.

But yeah, please don't take away my choice for no reason whatsoever.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2016, 11:32.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
17. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 07:48 Quinn

If they'd have forced me to play a black protagonist without the story needing him to be black, I'd be disappointed. I'm white and I can best immerse myself into a white playing character, simple as that.

But in this case, being an African-American dude is a decision made from the get-go and the entire story is wrapped around that. So in this case, I' m excited and I can't wait what the story will tell me. It was the same with the GTA San Andreas -- it wouldn't have made any sense if that protagonist was white.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

44. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 1, 2016, 17:24 Quinn

Quboid wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 14:52:
Creston wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 13:59:
Quboid wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 10:54:
Trial and error with death on the line is immersion breaking in my opinion.

So you want to never be challenged? What's the point of having any kind of confrontational system, if you can't fail at it?

It's not that I want to be guaranteed to win, I want to have a decent chance to win. I would never look at a confrontation in real and think "hmm, that dude with the knife is dangerous, I'll have to get killed a few times until I know how he fights" and my character doesn't think like this either.

Death isn't the end of the world for me, but it is for my character. When I reload, it's like moving to a parallel universe.

Geralt is Geralt, you are you. If you take "immersion" to the level you're presenting, then you should've watched as many Youtube videos of TW3 combat until you felt ready to do it for yourself. Again, Geralt knows how to fight all these Drowners. It's you who fucks it up for him.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2197 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo