Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2563 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones Next Week
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones Next Week Jan 17, 2018, 01:37 Quinn

Why not combine the Educational Mode with the Campaign? I would love to go on a tour of the city of Alexandria while being ambushed every once and a while in the process. Or have the story lead me to a monument where I can then hear everything historic about. Much like the developer's commentary in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce NOW Beta
4. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 18:22 Quinn

DangerDog wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 16:06:
$25 for 20 hours of gaming, I guess if you're trying to game on a mac or something and it's your only option.

Didn't get to read that yet. That is not appealing. I guess their audience is the kinda people that really want to play that one game, once in a blue moon. Like my father and his Railway Tycoon flirtations. Strange thing is that these people don't generally give a shit about performance or graphics.

The other audience is the actual gamers that do whet for visuals and performance. Those people would be idiots to go for this fee and not invest in a killer gaming machine.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Subnautica This Month
20. Re: Subnautica This Month Jan 10, 2018, 07:28 Quinn

YES! Fucking finally!

Early last year I enjoyed the hell out of this EA/EACC whatever. I hope I haven't bled it dry already. What I also hope:

1) Full story;
2) Better visuals inside the crashed ship;
3) Some more deep-deep areas.

I haven't explored everything so hope #3 might be moot.

Other than the above, not much hoping to see improved from the early 2016 state. Can't wait!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > ESA Takes on WHO Over "Gaming Disorder"
29. Re: ESA Takes on WHO Over Jan 3, 2018, 12:13 Quinn

Pigeon wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 10:22:
I understand why people are upset about this, after all being a gamer has been a bit of a stigma for decades, and only recently has it gained more acceptance. I know Iíve gotten more than my fair share of judgmental looks when Iíve told people I like to game. So itís only natural for people to be angry when an organization like the WHO comes along and declares gaming an addiction; it suddenly validates all those judgmental looks. Except thatís not whatís happening. This is merely recognizing that people who game to the point where it is detrimental to their physical, mental, social, and/or fiscal health have a disorder. Are some people going to use this as ammunition for putting down gaming as a hobby? Of course, but haters gonna hate and that should never get in the way of identifying a problem and treating it.

Beamer wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:09:
But I'd say that the gaming is symptoms, not causes. Yes, gaming may enable some of that behavior in ways not found previously, but the behavior isn't due to gaming.

It could be argued most process addictions are symptoms of more pervasive mental health issues; most people with chemical addictions also have more pervasive mental health issues. But once the addiction is there you still have to treat it.

Exactly this. Beamer, it seemed like you didn't think that one through.

From a completely personal perspective, I think WHO has a point. I've been struggling with gaming since forever. It is easily prioritized over things that need more priority. This comes from a person who has his life good enough in order, has a few good IRL friends (no e-friends actually), and a wife, and who loves to go out for a beer and such once a week.

Still, gaming is always in the back of my mind. If my wife offers to do X, there's always the question "I could also go play a game.". When I'm at a party and I'm not fully entertained, same question pops up.

Mind you, this was way more on a sickly level when I was younger and it seriously impacted my will to do homework or grow a proper ambition/carreer. Today, I reap what I've been sowing.

During times when I feel ambitious or inspired, I've been often thinking of digging into the gaming addiction more and writing a book about it or whatever. Before any such ideas came into fruition, of course, I started up a game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
6. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 11:27 Quinn

TheEmissary wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:38:
Always spread the blame.

How does PUBG's success have anything to do with LawBreakers failure. They are two totally unrelated sub-genres. Games that are sort of similar to it like Overwatch are still thriving. The problem is that the game just didn't seem all that interesting or original.

Their originality was "vertical gameplay". They didn't take into account that fucking nobody likes aiming at epileptic targets above them in the air in an FPS. In fact, the fact that that's how you have to fight Pharah in Overwatch is one of her perks.

And yeah, blame Overwatch which is still as successful as it was since release. PUBG is comparing apples with oranges.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG
26. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 29, 2017, 07:30 Quinn

These bans are so after-the-fact that you can simply never be even a little bit certain that you're up against non-cheaters.

I've been outplayed so many times in PUBG that I just cannot believe I suck that fucking much. People seem to know exactly where I am and take a fuckload of bullets. Yesterday I put 2 shotgun shells in an enemy before he turned around and oneshotted me. That was 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back -- which is the general sensation I'm having when playing this fucking game.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding
17. Re: PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding Dec 28, 2017, 17:46 Quinn

Creston wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 15:45:
Rubberbanding ruins games. They better figure that shit out quick.

The funniest thing is that the last time I experienced rubber banding was in a laggy server in RTCW: Enemy Territory. Then PUBG came along. That glorified DAY-Z game with infinite fame and, by now, budget.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2017, 18:58 Quinn

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 12:03:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 21:50:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 20:36:
[...] finish the product they always intended to make [...]

This has never happened in the history of game or software development.

Really? Witcher 3 seems pretty well done.

That's one of the many examples that comes to mind. Want more examples? Think of any "relatively perfect" game that never went through EA, because of course that's what I was going for with my original comment.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2017, 20:36 Quinn

My problem with EA is that some games just never seem to get out of early access. Seems like some devs spend more time keeping their audience updated than actually working on finishing the game.

I liked the old model more: Developers work on their game, finish the product they always intended to make, then listen to their customers for continuous support.

I don't get EA gamers either. Why bleed a game dry before you manage to play the finished product?! I accidentally bled Subnautica dry because I didn't know I was playing an EA (no comment...). I'll play the 1.0 when it's done, but the newness is gone.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
42. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 23, 2017, 20:06 Quinn

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 08:09:
Why do I keep buying games on these sales?

This question hits me. Don't you already own all games on the market!?

"Friends who already own this game:
Prez"

That's what I see at every game I'm checking. Literally.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer
3. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer Dec 22, 2017, 19:09 Quinn

Looks like this game could use a dynamic FOV which increases in combat.

I almost got a headache just watching this video.

Regardless, I've been looking forward to this game for about a year already so here's to hoping it'll be good!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles
10. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 12:27 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 10:58:
Another lootbox infected mess no doubt...

Absolutely zero issues with Overwatch's lootboxes. All cosmetics.

In fact, I wouldn't have enjoyed Overwatch as much as I did if it wasn't for the incentive.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
26. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 17, 2017, 18:09 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 12:10:

The thing is, I think that gameplay wise, FC3 is a step back from FC2. The economy in 3 and 4 is absolutely f***ed. Money is basically useless, your wallet is always full and you get all guns for free at the towers. You get the grenade launcher super early in FC4 and you're then an invincible god. I liked FC2's system way more with the gun jamming and the saving your money to get that shiny gun.

You couldn't be more right. That's exactly what I loved so much in FC2! You really wanted to look for those blood diamonds, so you'd be able to pick up the right set of reliable weapons at a safehouse for each mission.

In FC3 and 4, you'd be finding secret areas and interesting caves but absolutely nothing in there would be worth a damn. I hope they added something in 5 that makes exploring worth it again, because that's exactly what all the Far Cry's after 2 are missing.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 17, 2017, 07:00 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 04:10:
Quinn wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:22:
My favorite Far Cry order: 2, 3, 1, Primal, 4.

Far Cry 4 always felt like a Far Cry 3 DLC/expansion to me. I couldn't get myself to appreciate the game at all.

This game again looks like Far Cry 3 in a new setting. So far, though, it looks like I'll really love this setting.

Weird, 4 is easily better than FC3 in every way. Better enemies, better animals, better NPCs, better vehicles, better characters, better world-building, better story, more interesting terrain, better mission design. You also get the wing suit right away.

I think FC4 is in many ways the Fallout: New Vegas of the Far Cry series. FO3 left a better first impression than NV and FC3 left a better first impression than FC4. However, like FO:NV, FC4 got better the more you played it while FC3 got worse. If you didn't play much of FC4, you really ought to give it another shot.

I think the major reason my verdict is as it is, is because FC3 was something very different than FC2. It was new and looked absolutely stunning back then. FC4 didn't have that... element of surprise, if you will. When I try to remember parts of FC4, it feels like I've been playing the game drunk the entire time. It was a literally forgettable experience, while I remember many details from FC3.

As I write this, I remember that I played FC4 during or right after I had moved houses. So there was a lot going on in my life. Hell, when I have time I'll give FC4 another go-around.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 16, 2017, 12:22 Quinn

My favorite Far Cry order: 2, 3, 1, Primal, 4.

Far Cry 4 always felt like a Far Cry 3 DLC/expansion to me. I couldn't get myself to appreciate the game at all.

This game again looks like Far Cry 3 in a new setting. So far, though, it looks like I'll really love this setting.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer
3. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 14:20 Quinn

Pepe wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:26:
Darks wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:48:
Damn, another 4 players Coop game. This year is looking pretty good for Coop gaming. Looking forward to this one.

If only I had friends

Indeed. Online friends, that is. But then again, anyone well into their twenties will have a hard time getting a group of friends together at the same time. And then, once you finally have that group herded together for the evening, one will suddenly have to go 20 minutes in. Another will have the group pause every 5 minutes for whatever reason. The third will get in a fight with his girlfriend. You're the forth, and you'll have wasted your evening feeling greatly undone for the rest of it.

That's why I say: fuck co-op games.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Free Trial
3. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 20:04 Quinn

Very good game, this. I am greatly enjoying it.

Bad performance though! A game like this should not drop way below 60. The Witcher 3 doesn't go below 70 with everything on Ultra ffs.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game
7. Re: Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game Dec 8, 2017, 03:25 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 01:06:
I dunno, I kind of feel that Ubi's stock is going up. Sounds like they're trying to get things right instead of just push out crap to make that precious holiday vig.

QFT

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 05:18 Quinn

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 23:23:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 19:25:
Hate comic book trailers that show nothing of the game, content etc.

"Hey guys, for our trailer: lets take our concept art, throw some FX on them, and add a narrator with a panning camera!"

I'm not a fan of this shit either, especially when a game's entire art style is essentially parallax concept art like some kind of flash game.. but this is a small studio's first release so they get a pass. That extra money/time making a good trailer definitely takes a hit to the core game when you don't have huge budgets to work with.

There are two gameplay vids right below the cinematic one.

Obvious comment intentional.

Wtf. xD

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
8. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 1, 2017, 21:22 Quinn

This looks good. Is it?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2563 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo