Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quinn Disoinne

Real Name Quinn Disoinne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2012, 17:04
Total Comments 2433 (Senior)
User ID 57334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
23. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 21, 2017, 12:14 Quinn

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 09:02:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 23:52:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 14:21:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 11:26:
*the suits sitting around the table*

Suit 1: Lets make it episodic. Shit seems so sell.

Suit 2: Yes! And lets remove any sense of a real story. That shit is expensive.

Suit 3: Yes! And lets show the players all the ways they can assassinate their target, so we can fill up that storyless void with useless replayability. Because achievements!

Suit 4: No idea why we'd do that but these pathetic, completionist fuckers swallow everything as long as it keeps them away from facing real life. So yes!

Suit 2: No reason to be so cynical, Laurens, but yes!

*and HITMAN 2016 was born*

Genuine question: Have you actually played HITMAN 2016? If you have, you would know that it has just as much story as Blood Money, Contracts, Silent Assassin and Agent 47. There is an overarching storyline that is conveyed through cutscenes between missions. All of the missions tie into the storyline as well.

In fact, one could argue that it has more story because they've really fleshed out the targets, NPCs and environments. There's plenty of backstory and side-story to discover in each level, which is part of the reason why the game has so much replayability.

Finally, you might be the only Hitman fan (are you actually a Hitman fan or did you only play Absolution?) that complains about replayability. Seriously, replayability is one of the pillars of the series.

In any case, it's cool of IO to do this, though the headline is misleading. They aren't giving the full Episode 1 for free, only the tutorial levels. Paris is not free.

I only played episode 1 but I have all the eps. I loved all Hitman games, except for Absolution. Hated how the disguise system did a 180 and those FUUUCKING assassination "achievements". Fuck that "these are the ways you can somehow get to kill your targets!". Lazy as fuck not to let those ways to kill be told within context -- eavesdropping etc.
Especially loved Blood Money.

HITMAN is too much like Absolution, I thought?

You really should play through all the episodes. HITMAN shares much more in common with Blood Money than Absolution.

I could explain the story in one short sentence. I dont call that a story. It doesnt even have a conclusion and you dont even know it is a story until you complete the last mission or so.

Welcome to the Hitman series..? I feel like you haven't played any of the previous games. The story has always been light, with little to no connection to the actual missions. HITMAN is no different in that regard, except now, each level has tons of mini-stories. Without a doubt, HITMAN has more writing than any of the previous games. It's just that most of the storytelling is done through the environment and NPCs, rather than cutscenes. In previous games, most of your targets were pretty shallow. They didn't have much depth in terms of personality, relationships, history, etc. In HITMAN, each target has plenty of all those things and it's only through repeated playthroughs that you can learn them all.

It's bizarre how some people believe that the previous games were story-driven. Only Absolution was story-driven and the game suffered for it. In every other game, the story has always been placed firmly in the background and served as context more than a driving force.

Previous games had a story, as small as it was. But this one is as non-existent as the Doom one (the original one). Actually even less, because sometimes you dont even know why youre there or why youre doing it.

Right?! That's the impression I had with Ep 1. Now it's hard for me to take Jerykk's words at face value. This wouldn't have been a dilemma if I had the spare time of a 15 year old....

Guess I'll give the game another shot when I'm desperate for a new title again.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 14:21 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 11:26:

Suit 3: Yes! And lets show the players all the ways they can assassinate their target, so we can fill up that storyless void with useless replayability. Because achievements!

Suit 4: No idea why we'd do that but these pathetic, completionist fuckers swallow everything as long as it keeps them away from facing real life. So yes!

Genuine question: Have you actually played HITMAN 2016? If you have, you would know that it has just as much story as Blood Money, Contracts, Silent Assassin and Agent 47. There is an overarching storyline that is conveyed through cutscenes between missions. All of the missions tie into the storyline as well.

In fact, one could argue that it has more story because they've really fleshed out the targets, NPCs and environments. There's plenty of backstory and side-story to discover in each level, which is part of the reason why the game has so much replayability.

Finally, you might be the only Hitman fan (are you actually a Hitman fan or did you only play Absolution?) that complains about replayability. Seriously, replayability is one of the pillars of the series.

In any case, it's cool of IO to do this, though the headline is misleading. They aren't giving the full Episode 1 for free, only the tutorial levels. Paris is not free.

I only played episode 1 but I have all the eps. I loved all Hitman games, except for Absolution. Hated how the disguise system did a 180 and those FUUUCKING assassination "achievements". Fuck that "these are the ways you can somehow get to kill your targets!". Lazy as fuck not to let those ways to kill be told within context -- eavesdropping etc.
Especially loved Blood Money.

HITMAN is too much like Absolution, I thought?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 11:26 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 02:01 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 19:38:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 18:14:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 16:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:53:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

Voice it all you want, but it has nothing to do with game itself. Reviews aren't there for angry nerds and their bandwagoning circlejerks trying to "stick it to the man." They're for telling people your opinion of the game. This type of pointless nonsense (along with the retarded memes and other jokes so often voted "most helpful") is why a lot of people don't bother reading Steam reviews at all.

this may be what you prefer reviews to be... but your preference clearly has no impact on what actually happens...

so it seems that your opinion doesnt really matter - but thats largely the case for everyone, about everything in general - so its not really a big deal, just an observation...

I think that comment has hit the Top 5 of my Most Useless Comments Ever list.

doesnt really matter since i dont give a fuck about you whatsoever

youre not on any of my lists.. youre just another pointless, worthless maggot

Seems your pearl of wisdom taught me that opinions don't matter just in time!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 18:14 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 16:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:53:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

Voice it all you want, but it has nothing to do with game itself. Reviews aren't there for angry nerds and their bandwagoning circlejerks trying to "stick it to the man." They're for telling people your opinion of the game. This type of pointless nonsense (along with the retarded memes and other jokes so often voted "most helpful") is why a lot of people don't bother reading Steam reviews at all.

this may be what you prefer reviews to be... but your preference clearly has no impact on what actually happens...

so it seems that your opinion doesnt really matter - but thats largely the case for everyone, about everything in general - so its not really a big deal, just an observation...

I think that comment has hit the Top 5 of my Most Useless Comments Ever list.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 14:58 Quinn

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 14:07:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:57:

I knew this was coming. Normally I'd agree, just not in this case. Too much drama -- way too much drama! -- for what the dev did. GTA5 is insanely good on so many levels, even people who don't like the game can't possibly disagree with that. I say this and I am not even remotely a fan of the game. And what happened now? They removed their mod support or w/e and the game is now marked as Overwhelmingly Bad on the #1 marketplace for PC games. Fucking hilarious.

I thought that GTA V was mediocre. Huge step back in simulation quality from 4 and I haaaaate the multiple character implementation for various gameplay reasons. Edit: Yes, a ton of features are crazy advanced and there's lots to do, but I just didn't have much fun with it. I liked Watch Dogs 1 better.
Also, the modding tool Rockstar banned was only for single player mods. You couldn't use it in multiplayer. Anyway, that was my understanding from the videos I saw about it. So Rockstar's excuse of stopping cheating was a lie.
The thing with GTA 5 PC is that a ton of people bought it FOR the mods. Many bought it for the third time! I think it's perfectly fine for people to lower the rating of a game if an aspect of it is negative, which is the case here, the publisher is doing a bad job of supporting it. It doesn't make steam reviews useless, it makes them incredibly useful. You have to read them though, I know it's hard.
Please don't take this as me telling you your opinion is stupid. I just love games and want people involved and want publishers to stop squeezing us for every penny at the cost of the quality of games and the gaming experience.

I took it the right way, don't worry =) Like you I also thought GTAV was mediocre, but I meant that it was absolutely amazing on a technical level.

You have a good point, people bought it for the 3rd time for those reasons you mentioned. I really don't get Rockstar. They don't really have a face to me -- I can't picture the people behind Rockstar. All I'm seeing is an arrogant AF company who treat the PC like it's that fat kid at the party who can't stfu about wanting candy, so they end up giving that kid candy last while also fucking hating the kid in the process.

Still... I'd want RDR2 for PC. I'd sell a part of my gamer integrity for it, I hate to admit. It's why I hate seeing GTAV's rating go down like this because of the entitled PC community.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 13:57 Quinn

I knew this was coming. Normally I'd agree, just not in this case. Too much drama -- way too much drama! -- for what the dev did. GTA5 is insanely good on so many levels, even people who don't like the game can't possibly disagree with that. I say this and I am not even remotely a fan of the game. And what happened now? They removed their mod support or w/e and the game is now marked as Overwhelmingly Bad on the #1 marketplace for PC games. Fucking hilarious.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 13:23 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
30. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 18, 2017, 09:51 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 14:15:
Retired wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 12:50:

sry, should have added /sarcasm

No biggie. I'd just gotten up, having slept 15hrs after nearly 50hrs of being up doing repairs from the last severe storm that rolled through. Brain no worky well.

They should make a Discovery Channel show about ya!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Dungeons 3 Trailer
3. Re: Dungeons 3 Trailer Jun 17, 2017, 06:19 Quinn

Dungeons 2 was one of the biggest surprises I stumbled upon this year. It's crazy good, and hilarious too. Part 3 is an instant buy for me.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
16. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 18:05 Quinn

I'm stunned and clueless. Why not Starcraft 3? Why not Warcraft 4? I just finished Warcraft 3 and there's NOTHING wrong with it. I'd be fuuuucking excited for Warcraft 4. Holy shit...!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Trailer
22. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 01:30 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 20:02:

Violent white supremacists, have caused more deaths from terrorism than any other group, by three fold.

That highly depends on when you chose to start counting, buddy. I see no reason why you should defend the current day source of terrorism, because when we talk about the NOW, that's pretty clear and it's a problem that will not be solved by dialogue killers like that.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
36. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 14, 2017, 07:51 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 20:46:
Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 18:30:

It's all my opinion, ofc.

Hey Quinn, I updated your RTS thread with some recommendations.

Awesome thanks, I replied!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 01:51 Quinn

Curious why we can't just call the police in FC5 btw. We could use some proper police brutality!  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

12. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 18:22 Quinn

My Far Cry Primal review from a while back:

https://youtu.be/5AlTUD5icIY

I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5 immensely. I just love the setting and the religious zealots you can fuck up. Also readying up with popcorn for the absolute controversy hell this game will get when the people who love to play victim get wind of this.

Love the dog. Love the companions. Love evrything. They won't reinvent the wheel with this game but they'll sure as fuck make it roll better.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced
4. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced Jun 13, 2017, 11:42 Quinn

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 10:00:
I never got into Long War 1, but I found Long War 2 to be a lot of fun and not too difficult.

Long War 1? Long War 2? XCOM 2 lover here. What have I missed? Does it... make the campaign longer by stretching out your progression or w/e?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

PC Gaming > RTS recommendations?
9. No subject Jun 13, 2017, 02:12 Quinn

Thanks for the recommendations, guys! Greatly appreciated.

I bought the Starcraft 2 battlechest and I'm hooked. At the Zerg campaign now. Great story!

I had no idea Homeworld had a real campaign. I checked a Let's Play and that game is something else! It looks very complex but I definitely have it on my list.

Checked the Anno games and I'll go with your recommendation. I love Settlers so far so I'll prolly love those games as well.

Played Red Alert when it just came out. Those games are really dated when I check them out. Not sure if they aged well? Will look into it more, but my backlog is growing xD

Anyway, loving Starcraft 2 so maybe I'll love Warcraft 3 as well? The nostalgia to vanilla WoW will probably hurt me with that one, though.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 18:30 Quinn

Nullity wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:08:

You seem to be looking at this the wrong way. For the most part, highly story-driven single-player games are a different beast than games designed for co-op play. For example, things like player choice don't always work with more than one person - who gets to make the choices? And just because a game is single-player only, doesn't automatically make it better than if it supported co-op. Crappy games far outweigh the good ones in any genre or category.

I'm not trying to say that *every* game should have co-op. I enjoy single-player, highly story-driven games also. Hell, The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time, but single-player and co-op games scratch different itches. Yes, they story is often more immersive in single-player games like The Witcher, but on the other hand, I have an absolute blast just running around like a fool and blowing shit up with my brother and/or friends in games like Borderlands, The Division, Dying Light, etc, where we barely even pay attention to the story.

And then you have rare gems like Halo (rare in the sense of how they handled co-op). The entirety of the story - including cut-scenes, etc - was presented as if it were a single-player only game. It was about a single individual (Master Chief) who you only ever saw one of during story sequences, but during gameplay, there could magically be a second Master Chief playing along, who just mysteriously disappeared at the next cut-scene. Sure, that didn't make logical sense, but who cares - the co-op gameplay was fun as hell and the story was incredibly immersive (at least in my opinion).

Different games for different types of fun.

Pro-tip: You can often get more competent co-op partners by recruiting/joining people from places like the official game forums/reddit/discord communities/specific sites like the100.io/etc than you can from just random PUGs in-game.

There's miscommunication here. I'm not expecting co-op games to have player choice and all the other good things SP games have.

I feel like I should explain my gripe better: co-op seems to be a thing again and I don't like it for obvious reasons. I don't like simulators either, so why don't I complain about those being less good than SP RPG's as well, right? Well, because games like The Division, TC Wildlands and by the looks of it Anthem are games that would've probably been great SP games if they put resources in a SP experience rather than in co-op. Anthem looks fucking amazing, but I already know right now that the game will be a dead and lifeless shell in SP mode. Like Wildlands. Like The Division.

If their were tons of promising AAA SP games in development, you wouldn't hear me. But they are few and far in between these days (and that's even coming from someone who had a 100 times more spare time in the past), and I observe that too many big companies put their money in lifeless co-op shite. And I hate that development.

It's all my opinion, ofc.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

28. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 14:56 Quinn

Nullity wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 14:34:
Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 05:26:
Fucking co-op, though. Wish that concept died in the fire of reason. What's a loner or grow-up to do? I'm fucking 31. All my friends are going places, having kids, like myself. A friend bought me Wildlands 2 months ago for co-op with him. We managed to team up twice so far. 4 hours total.

Fucking co-op..
Get out of here with that shit. *MORE* games need co-op. Almost any co-op game can also be played single player, including this one. The number of games that are co-op only, preventing you from playing it by yourself, could probably be counted on one hand.

I'm really fucking annoyed that I have to explain the following to you, because the fact that you haven't figured it out yet tells me I have a lot of work ahead of me to let you see it:

Games that are created for co-op cannot be compared with a singleplayer experience, because they cheaped out on good storytelling, player choices and immersiveness just for starters. Name a game designed for co-op that is on the same level of good SP games when playing SP, I challenge you.

If these co-op designed games are played with PuGs, you end up in games where everyone seems to be on crack. I've tried playing TC Wildlands with PUGs and people were playing whoever-gets-the-most-kills-first more than anything else.

Yes, co-op games can be fun, but only if you can play with a set group of friends.

No, the SP experience in co-op games is incomparable with that of actual SP games.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 05:26 Quinn

Fucking co-op, though. Wish that concept died in the fire of reason. What's a loner or grow-up to do? I'm fucking 31. All my friends are going places, having kids, like myself. A friend bought me Wildlands 2 months ago for co-op with him. We managed to team up twice so far. 4 hours total.

Fucking co-op..

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2433 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo